Topics536,997
Posts9,719,287
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse DustyArmadillo 8 minutes ago
There's whispers of it being a cyber attack (i.e. someone hacked the control module and shut it down)

No one is dumb enough to square off with the US militarily

If they want to attack, cyber is honestly the best way to do it. (crashing the stock market, internet outages, etc)

Was also reading that bridge was specially designed to transport hazardous materials.

Looking at 4-5 years until its fully repaired.
94 2,647 Read More
Re: Picked up some sippin stuff today TexFlip 11 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Originally Posted by TexFlip
I couldn't help myself and picked up a couple bottles this week while in CC for work. Still Auston BiB Rye, Larceny BP, and a Still Austin SBCS.

How do you like the Still Austin bottles?

Haven't had a bad one yet. I just about finished the BiB Rye over the last 3 nights. The Red Corn BiB is great as is the standard rye. Haven't cracked the CS yet.
9 387 Read More
Re: BuckRage decook 11 minutes ago
happybday
11 143 Read More
Re: Maunday Thursday 71Rcode 12 minutes ago
Praise the Lord our Savior, boys!
7 234 Read More
Rifles, Shotguns & Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: If you want to spend just a little bit of money... aggiehunter03 13 minutes ago
I use my AirPods that I use with my iPhone. They’re the Pros and have the soft rubber pieces. They work surprisingly well when you silence them. But the best thing is a suppressor.
6 189 Read More
Re: Changing Insurance Providers. Suggestions? kry226 19 minutes ago
Only suggestion I have is that it simply ain't about the size of the premium, but very much about the actual coverage too. A fella ain't doing himself much good to trade coverage in for less money. Make sure you've got the coverage you need - no more, no less - with a company that has a reputation and track record for actually taking care of customers and paying claims. I'll gladly pay a little more (and do) for great service and confidence that I'll be covered in times of loss.

Also, state laws have big impacts on rates. Some years ago, I moved from northern Virginia/DC metro to Nacogdoches and my truck insurance premiums actually went up.
6 171 Read More
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Max rack… Deer age for max antler growth..? freerange 20 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
INteresting deer. it is possible this guy was only 4.5yo in 2019. His neck line is not all the way down to his brisket and there is a noticeable step in the neck line. His body is big which means he was a solid deer, but the aging aspect may be off some. It is also possible he was a prolific breeder/prolific fighter that year in 2019 and his score suffered from the physical stress of working so hard. Lot of variables.

It is also entirely possible he was 5,6,7 like you said and he just had an off year and then bounced back to the normal for him, regression to the mean if you will. The studies show individuals can bounce around like that and looking at averages across age structure shows the typical increases, not specific individuals

Glad you got numbers on him. did you ever get teeth measured for age from 2021?

Txbuck, yes, its possible he was only 4 the first year. I did an age/score thread on him back in 2019 and most thought older.
And, certainly there are lots of variables that could have driven his score down the second year but looking at all the facts it points to an older deer(his last) putting on a lot.
I hate to mention any lab results cause I have lost a lot of faith in the reliability of that as well as tooth wear. Remember we have 3 years of pics and sightings with this deer. I saw him in person many many times each year. I feel if you look at all the pics(and in person sightings) and then look at the teeth and lab and moosh all that together, you get a good picture of his age. I know the deer like the back of my hand and I feel he was 7 or 8 when killed.

Another side note to be taken away from his history is HOW he added it on the last year. He added 6" of mass from 2020 to 21. He also added a typical point and was trying to get another along with adding two nice kickers. This later in life addition of mass and extra points is what many knowledgeable deer guys will tell you "often" happens. Who doesnt like mass and more points??

Our group already let Trophy bucks get to 6 and likely wont change. We are in a great situation where we usually have enough bucks to chose from that we can let some get to 7 or 8 and watch what happens. This buck is a classic example of what MIGHT happen if you let a buck get past 6. No way is this normal or average but when you Trophy hunt you arent looking at the average deer as much as the outlier.
When this buck was at least 6(my estimate) he only scored 128.5 as an 8 pt. That same year the 4 of us killed 4 bucks averaging 168. Considering that, who wouldnt of killed him as a management buck??? I cant explain the drop in that middle year but Im glad we didnt "cull" him.
138 8,526 Read More
Blinds & Feeders Jump to new posts
Protein tubs leverguy 20 minutes ago
200 lb protein tubs for deer and exotics. $170 each, discount if you purchase 6 or more
I put a couple out the other morning and the deer found them that evening.
0 10 Read More
Varmint & Small Game Hunting Jump to new posts
Coyote hunting during fawn season jrg_80 26 minutes ago
Rookie question here:
Is using a fawn bleat call during the time does are dropping an effective method?
0 20 Read More
Rifles, Shotguns & Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: If you want to spend just a little bit of money... kry226 32 minutes ago
Some you can use with custom plugs that they mold to your ear. More money, but you can't beat that for comfort. My muffs have worked well for ages, but if I get some money burning a hole in my pocket, I may pick up some buds.
6 189 Read More
Re: Changing Insurance Providers. Suggestions? Mistereeee 32 minutes ago
Buddy that was my insurance agent for a while told me to always change your carriers every couple of years, since companies give their best rates to attract new customers. I would switch companies, and he'd mark it down to call me in a year with a promo rate to switch me back. Changing can be a pain of course, but it always saved me money...
6 171 Read More
Re: Daily praise 838 kry226 37 minutes ago
angel
1 10 Read More
Firearms Sales, Trades and Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Thompson center encore Bowhunter 64 48 minutes ago
Bump
2 373 Read More
Re: Ruger m77 boat paddle Bowhunter 64 48 minutes ago
Bump
1 434 Read More
Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse TurkeyHunter 58 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Sometimes things just line up and catastrophic things happen.

I am no expert on large ships, but assume the captain is. The only question I have is, where were the anchors dropped. Seems they should have been dropped rather quickly into a power loss in a harbor.

A harbor pilot would have had control of the boat. Captain would be there as well. You probably have a bunch of cascading bad things start happening, meanwhile you have inertia behind this huge amount of tonnage on the water. You're trying to restore propulsion/control.

It's a big deal to drop anchors on that size of a ship. Anchors are for somewhat holding it in place once it stops, not for stopping it underway. It's much more complex than anchoring your fishing boat.

Empty that ship was 95,000 tons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Dali
94 2,647 Read More
Re: Maunday Thursday kry226 59 minutes ago
Amen. angel
7 234 Read More
Daily praise 838 deerfeeder 1 hour ago
Nahum 1:7

The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.

Lord, you are my refuge and my fortress in whom I trust. Deliver me and all those who love you from the dangers of the world, both physical dangers that can crush our bodies and the deadly pestilence that can lay waste to our souls. Please cover us with your protection and free us from fear. Even as the world in its darkness curses you, and seeks to destroy those who are yours, please dwell in us and strengthen our faith. Help us to always call on your name and know that no force can take you from us. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

1 10 Read More
Re: The greatest performance/song I have ever heard txtrophy85 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Paluxy

I saw Heart and Def Leppard play together a number of years ago.

Heart did Stairway to Heaven but Love Reign o’er me was absolutely amazing. Best live song I’ve ever witnessed.

Def Leppard did a fantastic job but there is no way any band in history could have followed that.
20 591 Read More
Re: Old Tales Dave Davidson 1 hour ago
I take a couple of them and wondering why. I look them over but don’t read them. I take them to the St. Citizen Center. Not going to renew.
6 307 Read More
Re: WTS Christians Mesa 6.5, Savage Apex Hunter XP Hoytbowhunter 1 hour ago
Bump
27 1,933 Read More
Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse TurkeyHunter 1 hour ago
Truss versus cantilever design. That truss design is going to be much more susceptible to a broader catastrophic failure.

Folks sometimes accidents happen.
94 2,647 Read More
Re: Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse kry226 1 hour ago

Of course a demo expert would weigh in that it was possibly intentional. Why would he say otherwise? Demo experts do not gain notoriety, interviews or honorariums by saying it's a nothing-burger. Hosts don't get clicks by not being sensational.

News agencies would love nothing more than for it to be a terrorist attack. But at this point, it simply ain't so.
94 2,647 Read More
Re: WTS - Armalite AR30 bolt action in 22-250 Pig_Popper 1 hour ago
TTT
14 2,691 Read More
Re: Rem 700 in MDT Oryx chassis with 300 rounds of ammo - 270 Winchester Pig_Popper 1 hour ago
TTT
2 383 Read More
Re: Ruger Rifle, Glock pistol for sale spt 1 hour ago
t
2 1,117 Read More
Page 1 of 117 1 2 3 116 117
© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide