Topics615,747
Posts11,406,921
Members85,546
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Blinds & Feeders Jump to new posts
Re: ASF protein feeders Hudbone 56 seconds ago
I utilize free choice Texas hunter products. We can put 24 bags of protein in a 1,200 pounder and 12 bags in a 600 pounder.
17 1,341 Read More
Rifles, Shotguns & Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Pistol Brace Ban BoomStick 1 minute ago
Without getting into the NFA rules and all the other malarkey going on in this thread.......
here is my concern, referencing a bloggers post from the ShotShow when the ATF drafted this new rule and the exceptions given.
1) the ATF stated they will essentially give everyone a free tax stamp for the SBR, okay cool!
However, according to this blogger, the FBI told the ATF to stick it and will no longer perform the back ground checks. So no the ATF will have to do said back ground checks.
Apparently, they have 88days to complete background check or the application gets automatically denied. So no SBR Tax Stamp.
2) with millions of tax stamp apps being submitted, this seems like many will get denied due to background checks not being performed in less than 88days.
So you gave your information, address, gun serial number and pictures proving you have a brace to the ATF. Now they deny your tax stamp.
So do they enforce on you for an illegal NFA item? Why would they not. You just proved everything they need to create a case against you!

I will not be submitting for a free tax stamp. I will reconfigure my guns until the dust settles from this.
91 3,548 Read More
Firearms Sales, Trades and Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Barrel inletting Glenn voth 2 minutes ago
Who in the Denton Cooke County area foes barrel inletting
0 7 Read More
Public Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Chap Javelina hunt jskin 2 minutes ago
Been twice, always killed. Such a fun hunt
3 35 Read More
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Re: Bullfrog T Bone 4 minutes ago
Happy Birthday Frog!!!
28 306 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: **WTS 2004 Artic Cat 400, $500** Gringo Bling 10 minutes ago
Sweet deal assuming that it's running!
7 399 Read More
Re: Florida Woman Shoots Terminally Ill Husband of 50 Years blkt2 11 minutes ago
I wonder why he just didn't do it himself? The article did not mention the nature of his failing health and impending doom.
7 178 Read More
Re: 46 arrested in prostitution sting... psycho0819 11 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
Originally Posted by psycho0819
Originally Posted by Wytex
Originally Posted by psycho0819
I imagine my view on this won't be extremely popular, but here goes....

So they setup an entrapment sting and arrested a bunch of men willing to pay for sex? Sorry if I don't see how this is any kind of victory for those seeking to effect the ongoing sex trafficking issue. It has done nothing to slow down sex trafficking, just ruined the lives of many men who are guilty of being willing to pay for sex. Are those men in the wrong? I'd say that is subjective. I have never paid for sex (well, not outright anyway) and have no plans to, but who am I to vilify someone who is or the woman willing to take the money for it?

Are a few of them truly bad people that need to be off the streets? Sure, but I bet if you pull over 46 speeders you'll get one or two felonies to charge out of it..

They didn't get anyone selling underage girls, nobody pimping unwilling women. I just don't see how this was worth the time and effort it took to pull it off, and don't really see it as any kind of real victory for the movement. It's a PR stunt for the PD with no real benefit to the public.

Isn't prostitution illegal in Texas ?
Frankly I wouldn't want my son coached by someone who goes to hookers. Or have my kids at church guided by someone who also uses hookers.
What else are they doing ?

Sure, it's illegal in Texas. Not one prostitute or pimp was arrested in this entrapment sting though. So they got 46 guys who were willing to pay for sex off the street until they can make bail, on what, a misdemeanor charge? That's freaking laughable.

First offense is a felony. You lose your right to own a gun, among other things.

OK, I stand corrected on that point. I honestly wouldn't know, or care, what level of offense it is since I have no dog in that fight.
24 464 Read More
Re: Prayers please TCM3 11 minutes ago
Ended up NOT going to the hospital. Olivia's blood pressure and other levels normalized on their own last night, and after consulting her doctor decided to not take her in. She is doing much better today.

Prayers do work. up
23 363 Read More
Hunting Gear Jump to new posts
Re: Recommend me some gloves Gringo Bling 11 minutes ago
Originally Posted by HuntnFly67
Originally Posted by ElkOne
These are on the expensive side but Kuiu has some great gloves, and they will keep you hands warm !!

Lol. On our elk hunt, two of the guys were decked out in Kuiu gear. One ended up borrowing my Cabelas glommits and said they kept him warmer than his highdollar Kooey Northstar gloves.

I've got backup Cabela's gloves that my sons use....those pale in comparison to Kuiu or Sitka. I'll give you a story the exact opposite of yours. My buddy has Cabela's "waterproof" gloves that got wet in the snow and he borrowed my Sitka's and couldn't believe how warm and dry his hands stayed. I don't pay full price for anything Sitka or Kuiu, there are sales at the end of the season and before, but I recommend it.
13 241 Read More
Recipes & Cooking - Cleaning & Preparation Jump to new posts
Re: Too rare? 1955 15 minutes ago
Looks perfect to me👍
11 317 Read More
Open Hunting Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Loaded guns and vehicles just don’t mix onlysmith&wesson 15 minutes ago
Muzzle and trigger control. Which means it's not in my control if a dog, kid or some other source that could cause it to discharge is around.
28 823 Read More
Re: Tarrant county jury duty blkt2 18 minutes ago
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by RayB
When they read the complaint, cross your arms and look at either party hard, guarantee excused.

once they find out I've been on a criminal jury that convicted I get bounced.

I was on a jury in the '80s when I was 19 and we found the person guilty. Never stops me from getting on a jury and I gladly show up anytime I'm called.
18 229 Read More
Re: F150 vacuum pump magspa 20 minutes ago
I would have bought from a local shop but nobody had it other than the Ford dealer which would be motorcraft. I figured napa is equivalent to that.
12 245 Read More
Re: Little Oil Company PQEFF wp75169 23 minutes ago
No worries. I’m going to ride it to the scene of the crash. Overall I’m up on that stock.
11 399 Read More
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: MLD Program BOBO the Clown 24 minutes ago
Originally Posted by kry226
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
more and more ranches are going to MLD. The ones arent are usually smaller properties that end up with less tags then whats in their licenses, or dont want oversight

So as an example, properties of less than 500 acres likely wouldn't benefit from such a program? Or in other words, on a place that small, you're likely to face more limited harvest allowances than the standard hunting license would allow, yes?

yes, but every place benefits because its now managed in response to real data(population surveys, browse utilization etc) , . with that said properties with low densities may have a smaller allocation then what they use to under LO/lease boss thoughts.

the MLD program also exempts from AR’s and Doe days/permits(lamps).

not really any down sides if you want to manage your herd based on data relative to your property
15 333 Read More
Migratory Bird Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Flooded field project Sinkey 29 minutes ago
Originally Posted by CSD
looks like some great projects sinkey and tm. open to any suggestions yall might have.

the green in the ditch is millet i had planted in the fall. the green in the field itself is wheat.

Once it dries out again, I should be able to start making a dent in phase 1. My plan is to have 3 possible flooded areas (2 fields and 1 wooded area). each area should end up around 5 acres or so each.

My advice......rent a dozer! roflmao I started with a tractor and it was a beating! You can move way more dirt with a dozer. Once you have your levy's done, you can maintain and plant with a tractor. I normally pull boards and draw down in May. By July I have about 50% of my spot that reseeds itself. The other 50% I plow and reseed with millet. Smartweed didnt grow well in my place but the millet does. Just sucks that since I plant, I cant touch it or cut it or anything. Also noticed Jap millet grew in certain spots, but not everywhere I planted. Wild Millet did ALOT better. Came in super thick. Which makes for lots of food. So thats what Ive been sticking with. You're going to have alot of trial and error with it.

We also have a well that pumps water back in. I dont start kicking it on til September. Dont really care about Teal season. I'd rather keep my food for big ducks!
13 208 Read More
Ammunition & Reloading Jump to new posts
Re: 165 Interbond Available Wytex 36 minutes ago
Originally Posted by J.G.
The worst tracking job we ever had to do was at the end of that bullet. We lost blood and called it quits.

While my pard was walking back to get the 4 wheeler, I kept searching the area and did find the doe under cedar limbs.

.308 entrance, and .308 exit. 100% perfect shot placement, double lung, from 130 yards.

He threw his remaining bullets in the trash when he got home.

"pard" ?
You over on the Campfire too ?
6 250 Read More
Re: Lost a great friend today SnakeWrangler 40 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Payne
My condolences, I hate when that happens.
51 844 Read More
Re: Flush A Hot Water Heater To Remove Sediment TPACK 40 minutes ago
I flush mine twice a year after replacing the drain valve. I did it after replacing my bottom element 3 years ago.

[Linked Image]
18 466 Read More
Re: Bar Fights psycho0819 49 minutes ago
Been in one bar fight in my life, really couldn't be called a fight. I used to hustle pool in bars in my late teens and early twenties so I had many close calls. One night a fella decided he wanted his money back and after a few words he came around the table at me. I grabbed the cue ball and smacked him upside the head, he dropped, and the bouncers dragged him out. I only hung out in bars to hustle money on the tables, my dad taught me early in life to take care of the bartender and bouncers and they'd take of me.
86 3,323 Read More
Wild Hog & Javelina Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Javelina tgltexas 50 minutes ago
I'd probably have to be in a survival situation to consider eating one of them. I'm sure it's possible to choke it down, but their funky smell is enough to lose my appetite.
11 361 Read More
Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Tract Optics Feedback Wanted scottfromdallas 51 minutes ago
They are consumer direct so you get a lot value for the money. The Toric line is made in Japan so glass and quality is outstanding. I have a pair of their Toric binoculars and they are awesome.
2 72 Read More
Firearms Sales, Trades and Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Remington Spartan 410 youth and full size East Tex Cowboy 53 minutes ago
Ttt
14 1,300 Read More
Re: School me on pellet grills/smokers… unclebubba 54 minutes ago
Originally Posted by kry226

What does that even mean? How do you quantify that?

IT means that the pellet smokers are not as good. It is easy to quantify. One produces better quality of meat than the other. You will never be able to change my mind on that. The white smoke will leave a more bitter taste. FYI - if you are using a thin cheap wal-mart stick smoker, you will run into the same problem as you will with a stick smoker. Heavy, white smoke. bitter meat. Ribs or chicken can withstand that smoke without getting as bitter, because they are in it for a shorter time. My BIL has a pellet smoker, and he can make a pretty good brisket on it. I have tasted pretty good brisket on other pellet smokers too. But when it comes to the best Pitmaster using a Pellet vs the best Pitmaster using a stick smoker, my money would be on the stick smoker every time. This argument is just like caliber arguments. A .308 guy arguing with a 7mm-08 guy over which cartridge is better. Neither one is going to change the other's mind.
83 1,678 Read More
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
© 2004-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide