Posts9,209,232
Members65,085
Most Online16,728
Mar 25th, 2012
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Off Topic
27 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I have perfected chewing mine off. Looks professionally done.

That is very unsanitary.
3 65 Read More
Off Topic
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by BigPig
I see a coke on ice and beer, I hope youíre drinking the beer.

Yeah, no.......I'm drinking the Jack and coke, and yes my wife drinks more manly drinks then me.

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I prefer your wifeís drinking style.

I take it that is Miami?

Yep, we hung out here in Florida for a couple of days before the cruise. Florida is a beautiful place, and there are fish everywhere..... a real fisherman's paradise. Miami metropolitan area is huge, and boy does it seem like there's a lot of big money here. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
83 1,201 Read More
Photos
1 hour ago
Thought it a cool pic

[Linked Image]
0 9 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds
1 hour ago
Ttt
2 45 Read More
DIY
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Originally Posted by oldoak2000
Propane.

ouch - hope you got an under $2 a gal source.

Maybe too late, but I'd put in a heatpump condenser instead of a straight-cool (same size); only a few bucks more and you could heat dual-fuel for about half the cost of straight propane. Plus, the heatpump never 'runs out'.
New heatpumps are ++ efficient down to 20 degrees (way cheaper than propane). Below 20 propane kicks in. Makes 1 tank last 2+ years!
Only suggesting this because I did exactly this on a home we recently moved into.

Originally Posted by BigPig
Ouch back at ya.

I believe propane is the way to go. I've got a friend that just built a home and his propane bills monthly through Trenton propane his home is 4200 sqft. Last month his electric bill was just north of 30 bucks his propane Bill was just south of 60 bucks.

Unless you set that thermostat at 60 during the winter, youíre going to be in for a shock. We went propane heater and propane tankless water heater in our new house, 3300sq ft with spray foam insulation. We moved in just before December, had tank filled to 200 gallons, and had to refill it Janurary 1 with another 200 gallons. Just refilled it yesterday with 100 gallons. Thatís over $1000 for 4 months. My dad is on chemo right now and it makes him very sensitive to the cold, might be one reason we are using so much propane, I keep it at 68-70 and he keeps it around 74.

Also, the water heater has a recirculator feature to provide faster hot water, this uses constant propane, and it can be turned off but will take a few more seconds to get hot water.

I have always has gas heat, always been natural ga though. My in-laws have electric heat and they averaged $250 a month over the past 4 months and were on brand new units in a 2400 sq ft home.

Update on my utility bills.many were concerned about.

I filled up my propane tank in August or September can't recall for sure spent around 550 when I did. It appears it will last a full year. My electric bill is set up through a tiered set up. Use under x kwh it's this amount, steps up. Our electric bill was 158 for 4 months then 42 for 8 months.

Sure hope I don't lose the farm.

Iím guessing you have a 250 tank? We were able to keep it to 300 gallons for the winter and 100 for the rest of the year, this year.
195 50,529 Read More
Blinds & Feeders
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
I voted skids, but I gotta say, I like the legs an awful lot. 'Guess 'cause the pictures remind me of the lunar lander. I watched it live, you know. up

I agree with the skids, but if you could get a remote that would move it, I would then prefer the legs because I think it would be need to fly it around the lease spraying corn.
9 87 Read More
Off Topic
2 hours ago
We left Forney in the middle of that storm. When we reached Terrell, we were in the middle of a tornado warning with a rotation moving NE, same direction we were headed. We pushed on. We drove through the hardest rain I have ever seen, all the way to Mineola. We saw roofs blown off, large tree limbs blowing across the road right in front of us, large old oak tree get hit by lightning, itís was a fun drive.
21 594 Read More
Off Topic
2 hours ago
18 421 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds
2 hours ago
had a deal with Huckleberry today, good guy there.
7,024 22,844,420 Read More
Firearms Sales, Trades and Gunsmithing
2 hours ago
Bump
1 116 Read More
2 hours ago
Two years for sale....... need to adjust price. I am interested, but not at your asking price.
101 13,496 Read More
Rifles, Shotguns & Handguns
2 hours ago
STrike eagle by vortex would be my recommendation for a cheap scope for your AR

1-8 is what I would get
30 386 Read More
Photos
3 hours ago
Very cool photos. I really enjoy watching those bird dogs work
2 46 Read More
non-hunting CLASSIFIEDS
3 hours ago
Ttt
2 278 Read More
Rifles, Shotguns & Handguns
3 hours ago
I don't care what bag I'm carrying there will be some zip lock baggies in it.
8 190 Read More
Photos
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
Excellent video and shot.
2 63 Read More
non-hunting CLASSIFIEDS
3 hours ago
up
1 55 Read More
Photos
3 hours ago
Originally Posted by Michael W.
up Good job
8 122 Read More
Knives
3 hours ago
I like that one a lot bro, good job.
6 168 Read More
Knives
3 hours ago
That would make a sweet neck knife bro.
6 103 Read More
Off Topic
3 hours ago
According to our weatherman another storm is coming through on Monday.
16 244 Read More
Off Topic
3 hours ago
A few years ago I bought a handful of what I thought were balsa wood, turned out to be foam. Flew about the same, but just were not the real thing, so it was off to Hobby Lobby for balsa wood so I could make "real" airplanes for the grandkids. On the parachute man, at that time we lived on Base in NCO quarters, a 4 story apartment complex,, The kids would play on the roof, 4 floors is a good drop for a parachutist. One day a handful of us made paper airplanes and threw them off the building. Somebody forgot to tell us that the Base Commander was doing a housing inspection that day. We were on the top of the building when a dozen Airmen were cleaning up our mess. The roof top playing came to a halt. TG&Y and Clarks were in most areas, but even small towns had the 5 and Dime stores.
2 79 Read More
3 hours ago
Up
63 6,092 Read More
Off Topic
3 hours ago
USS George Bancroft SSBN-643

[Linked Image]
62 738 Read More
Hunting Vehicles
3 hours ago