Topics537,997
Posts9,731,588
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Caregiver Needed in Nevada, Texas Indianation65 1 minute ago
This is a recent post I place on some social media platforms. I thought I'd do it in the hunting and fishing forums.
I actually trust these two communities the most! Please pass on if you know someone!

Our family is looking for a home health caregiver for our senior mother. She is 91, has dementia, limited mobility, but does have her good and bad moments. One moment she is laughing and talking, quite aware of her surroundings, then the next, the dementia moments kick in, (details will be discussed later). We are located in Nevada, Texas, and in the house is/are myself, my brother and both our parents. My dad has limitations as well, but no dementia. We would like to speak with interested caregivers who live within 10-30 minutes away, "experienced and compassionate," and who have reliable transportation. It will be a full-time 40-hour work week, and again, details will be discussed and worked out upon full interviews. My brother will make the final decision after the interview process. If interested, please "PRIVATE MESSAGE" your contact information. An initial phone call discussion will take place with one of us, we'll ask questions and you will ask yours. Thanks, all the best to you and yours. Blessings To ALL! +++

Addendum: Light household chores and cooking is part of the job. Thanks again!

Addendum II: If you KNOW caregivers looking for employment near the Nevada, Texas area, please pass on the information.

...+++
0 3 Read More
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: How to increase antler size Bois D'arc 2 minutes ago
Other than feeding protein and letting young bucks walk, one thing that is often overlooked is fertilizing the browse species that deer use. One bag of triple 13 goes a long way spot treating. It increases the nutrition of the browse and also makes it taste better to the deer. When the deer are healthy they can better grow to their genetic potential.
15 1,216 Read More
Any duck decoy aficionados here? DustyArmadillo 5 minutes ago
Was told this was a valuable decoy but talk is cheap these days.

Wondering if anyone can make out who signed this.

Is he/she a word famous duck carver?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 7 Read More
Re: What is the Most Thrilling or Scary Ride You Have Ever Been On? 10 Gauge 6 minutes ago
There have been many, most of you would not believe. I think it’s purely a stroke of good luck, and probably some divine intervention, that I did not die or go to prison a long time ago.

I have had a few bad jumps. One time I refused to pop my reserve with a squid, I kicked and kicked and kicked and my chute opened up about when I should have started pulling my slip. About the time I got my chute packed the medics swarmed me, apparently everybody assumed i was in critical condition. But I was ok.

Probably the worst one, I don’t remember all the details other than somebody screaming at me and grabbing at me. I was like wtf do you want? Finally he calmed down and tried to tell me to pull my canopy release and i was like bro, I got this, i am not stupid. It took me a minute to realize i got knocked out and I was being dragged. He was completely gassed out, sprinting next to me, trying to help me. Wind dragged me a long way.

Apparently we had a hard gust of wind and i got knocked all the way tf out when i landed. I thought I was ok though, popped my canopy release and packed my chute, ran to the assembly point. The JM kept asking us if anyone has any issues or wanted to see the doc. Typical brief but he kept repeating himself looking right at me i am like bro i am good. I guess the adrenaline never wore off.

When I got home I had the stereotype TBI symptoms, black eyes no other bruising on the head or face lol. Nasty headache lasted for a couple of weeks.

I had to do a 12 miler like tuesday or wednesday, and i never went to the doc. In part due to peer pressure not gonna lie, I knew I would get railroaded as a promotable E5 in sick call.

But I haven’t been the same since.
38 970 Read More
Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business bigbob_ftw 7 minutes ago
they already did it in oregon. did not go well.
3 105 Read More
Hunting Vehicles Jump to new posts
Re: Hunting/lease work truck-outfitting it freerange 10 minutes ago
The truck is pretty much finished. I weighed the whole thing and it is very heavy.
The factory truck weighs 5800#s(I weighed it and it matches specs.)
Now after all the added stuff I weighed it again at 8400#s.
I will add another 600# or so and then with me inside it will be up to about 9200# on an everyday basis.
The max its rated for is 8600#(GVWR.) Ive been told the ratings in reality have a pretty big cushion. So Ive added 3400# which is 600# over the max rating.
My mechanic looked at it and says it doesnt sit down much at all so we have not yet beefed up the suspension in any way. He said if I did he would put heavy duty shocks, likely air shocks, or maybe air bags or an extra spring.
It rides fine but it feels like its pulling a trailer at all times.
Consider its for ranch road type use 95% of time and tell me if yall think I am good to go or if the weight will be an issue.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
29 2,315 Read More
Photos & Videos Jump to new posts
Re: Putting your foot in your mouth CitySlickerHunter 13 minutes ago
Originally Posted by NDN98
up

Originally Posted by NDN98
up
4 615 Read More
Public Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: New Mexico Bois D'arc 13 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Erny
Drew Unit 28 December 21-22, deer hunt, my second choice. Should be during the rut or close to it.

There is pretty good deer out there but its pretty dang remote. Its tough with the short season since it takes a few days just to learn the country and get into deer. Its not hunted near as hard as the surrounding units.
29 1,187 Read More
Public Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Fires threatening Gene Howe WMA Bois D'arc 17 minutes ago
Sad to hear. I wanted to hunt that place for a long time. The prairie will rebound with some rains, animals will take a while.
11 942 Read More
Re: Rivian truck and travel trailer ntxtrapper 27 minutes ago
26 1,160 Read More
non-hunting CLASSIFIEDS Jump to new posts
Re: Hopkins County Land 60.53 Acres aggielandman 34 minutes ago
The land is still available.
I'm sure we can work out a THF discount if one of y'all are interested.
Thanks!
2 833 Read More
Open Hunting Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Elk hunt advise blancobuster 42 minutes ago
Originally Posted by NMGW
BTW I was mistaken about how long it's been since I drew and elk tag. I did draw about 15 years ago but unsuccessful. The hunt was during a full moon and the daytime temperatures were 80 degrees.

What percentage draw hunts are you putting in for?? Man there are bulls to be had hate to hear you have had to wait that long. My uncle is a new mexico resident and he also is not successful very often, but he puts in for difficult to draw units...There has to be some opportunity units you could draw with NM residency?
9 468 Read More
Re: Golf Stub 49 minutes ago
What's in the bag? Callaway Steelhead XR irons with graphite shafts regular flex, Callaway XR Driver and fairway woods, Odyssey White Hot Rossie putter.
488 106,447 Read More
Rifles, Shotguns & Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Let's get absurd. You only get one cartridge/chambering for the rest of your life Korean Redneck 50 minutes ago
Originally Posted by kmon11
Originally Posted by Korean Redneck
Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
One caliber only- that's an easy answer. 300 Win Mag, hands down everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

hahah, go big or go home! love it

Yup, but with the right components that big one can be loaded for many uses. Haven't looked at it in years but 30-30 level to full throttle loads are pretty easy.

This is actually a great point that i didn't really think about, but probably should have.

Originally Posted by Judd
I'd have to pick something 30 cal because of the wide variety of bullets...125's all the way to 200+ grainers.

For that reason...I'd prolly pick a 300wsm...not to big, not too small...it's "just right" wink

I think i'd like to officially change my answer again to 300wsm. I guess that just means in this hypothetic that I will have be an expert reloader. I'm totally fine with that.
54 1,939 Read More
Migratory Bird Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Bois d’Arc Lake LarryCopper 59 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Sniper John
Something I just noticed. That billboard map does not include the wetland area as part of the hunting area. It will be interesting to see if the APH map changes next season.

Good eye, I didn't really look at the sign's map. I had yesterday afternoon off and wanted to go play with my livescope setup so I ran out there. Did a lot of exploring. I did fish a spot way back through some dense timber that I'm 99.9% no boat had been in before. 3" of water getting in, that was kinda cool. As of now there is no way to get all the way down south anyway. BD creek is chalked full of log jams. You can run to the power lines on the north/west shoreline and can get a bit south from there, but nowhere near the actual wetland area. If it stays like that the duck hunting will be a bust. That lake is in hilly terrain so there are only 2 or 3 spots in the hunting area that had a flat. Not near enough room to mess with. Maybe things will change before fall as the timber dies or maybe some really dedicated guys will go in there with chainsaws and ropes and clear the way. After seeing a cottonmouth as big as my forearm chillin' on a log I was about the hop I turned back around. It's literally miles of backup and canopy. There is one possible route that I found off the creek, but there's a hundred yard stretch or so that would need to be cleared better and I was running out of daylight. I did see a beaver along the creek so fat my first thought was I saw a hog out the corner of my eye.
37 2,327 Read More
Re: Daily praise 863 10pointers 1 hour ago
Amen
1 13 Read More
Re: Mistrial Declared For Arizona Rancher Accused Of Murdering Illegal Immigrant Trespassing On Property reeltexan 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
Originally Posted by reeltexan

The Pedophiles in DC are right in the middle of it.
Judgement is coming.

It gets worse. You would never believe it. Let’s just say they know God is real and they know they are going to hell. I will leave it at that.

yes. I know who they worship
20 1,085 Read More
Gun Dogs Jump to new posts
Re: Specialty Foods Inc dog food Gringo Bling 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by reprobate
After researching the above dog food,I learned about Hi-Point dog food out of Shawnee, OK. There foods are comparable to Specialty Foods products. Perhaps a bit cheaper.

A former classmate of mine is the President of Shawnee Milling Company, which manufactures Hi-Point.
3 123 Read More
Re: Site is slow again NORML as can be 1 hour ago
[Linked Image]
27 619 Read More
Re: Suppressed 9mm Handgun shooting KRoyal 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
I run a Omega 9K on my Glock 19 & 34. No issues whatsoever and no tuning required.

THIS^^ Really wish I had gotten the Omega 9K. I have the Octane 45K and have ran it on CZ Scorpion, Glock 9mm's, and 1911's never a hiccup but it is LOUD, louder than my suppressed 10.5" 5.56 at least to my ear anyway.
3 45 Read More
non-hunting CLASSIFIEDS Jump to new posts
Re: WTS-2020 Carry On 6x8 utilty trailer!! MW1962 1 hour ago
You forgot "don't" .....LOL
1 183 Read More
Re: Bug out Guns 65x55 1 hour ago
I'm with you 68A, make sure to pack a Cajun recipe book too. I don't think we'll be eating mule deer and elk much, more likely raccoons, possum, water snakes, grackles, turtles, etc. Snare wire would be a key item. A good fishing pole would be hard to beat too, and a net. I guess it all depends on where you are though and what the specific scenario is. Short term but violent scenario vs EOTWAWKI etc.
59 3,535 Read More
Firearms Sales, Trades and Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: +++Gunsmith East of Dallas to Port a P365x Macro???+++ TXhogkilr 2 hours ago
I've had good work done by Gene Smith in Princeton (NE of Dallas). 214-673-5510
3 109 Read More
Re: Age versus humor 10 Gauge 2 hours ago
Sometimes even the chaplin has a dark sense of humor. Imagine if your pastor struggled to stop saying the f-word roflmao

It’s much easier on the internet, because typing is so deliberate and you can delete before you post.
26 1,029 Read More
Wild Hog & Javelina Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: 2024 Hog Count GalvestonWader 2 hours ago
We've killed 6 more over the past 2 weekends = 178

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
54 4,027 Read More
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide