Posts11,406,940
Members85,546
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Re: School me on pellet grills/smokers… SnakeWrangler 6 minutes ago
Originally Posted by BradyBuck
Ok, I think we should narrow down the argument.

I am not saying a pellet smoker will produce a better product. I am saying it will produce a really good one that 99% of people will really like and most wouldn’t be able to tell a difference.

I love sitting around enjoying a cold one wild tending a fire all day just as much as anyone but that’s not always feasible.

Welcome to my world…..
87 1,708 Read More
'The Dukes of Hazzard', premieres Jan. 26, 1979 ChadTRG42 7 minutes ago
Man, was that show awesome!!! That was my number one show growing up, and still watched some of the reruns up until they stopped showing them all together a few years ago. I had the The Dukes of Hazzard lunch box, bed sheets, drapes on the windows, towels, Hot Wheel cars, you name it. A show like that wouldn't even be considered, let alone have a chance today. Crazy! And one of my favorite Waylon songs is still Good Ol' Boys.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/t...-dukes-hazzard-premieres-pop-culture-hit
0 6 Read More
Firearms Sales, Trades and Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Gold Desert Eagle .50AE Gekko68 12 minutes ago
She needs a good home.She is so lonely if no one snuggles with her nightly
I don't have the time to snuggle with her,im out of town all time:(
3 389 Read More
Ammunition & Reloading Jump to new posts
Primer ?? BoomStick 12 minutes ago
Real question... Can magnum large pistol primers be used in place of regular large pistol primers without too much difference on the performance?

Curiosity question... What are the differences between Sm pistol vs Sm rifle and Lg pistol vs Lg rifle primers? Although they shouldn't be interchanged, can they safely?
0 10 Read More
New Tools BoomStick 16 minutes ago
I have been reloading for a while, I use a single stage press and typically make small batches of ammo. As I have gotten older, I have noticed my hands don't like certain task anymore, lol.

I recently purchased a Lyman Case prep center. Man does this thing make a difference. Saves so much time prepping cases. I think its freaking sweet

[Linked Image]

Probably the worse now is priming my cases. I was using the older Lee autoprime hand primer. Overtime its has gotten where it won't completely set the primers and was a pain in the arse. I purchased this Lee Auto Bench priming tool. Got it yesterday and set it up on my bench. It works great. hardly any pressure needed to prime the casing. I primed 400 cases in less than 20mins. I will say that the primers can be finicky feeding but not hard to fix as you go. It has been great thus far. Safety concern according to the documents though, is to do a single primer at a time when using Federal primers due the potential of setting one off and detonating the entire tray of primers.

[Linked Image]
0 10 Read More
Sig P365 for trade or sale brucet 17 minutes ago
Sig P365, less than 300 rounds through it
Not going to work out for me, too small for my hands
Comes with factory case, paper work, factory base plates in case
4 mags, 2X10 and 2X12, all with pinky extension
Has Sig night sights, flat trigger installed, factory is in the case
Your trade must have night sights
Looking to trade for a 9mm 4"- 4.5" barrel
Not interested in a Glock
Sale price $550

Prefer PM please

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
0 26 Read More
Re: Florida Woman Shoots Terminally Ill Husband of 50 Years Southtexas36 20 minutes ago
Originally Posted by blkt2
I wonder why he just didn't do it himself? The article did not mention the nature of his failing health and impending doom.

Read another article where he was too weak to do it himself.
9 233 Read More
Migratory Bird Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Flooded field project CSD 24 minutes ago
I've looked at renting a dozer but just can't justify it yet. Mainly due to frequency of working on it. When it's wet I would probably bury a dozer. Maybe this summer when its drier but in mean time I'm pretty proficient with tractor. I would really like to find a small case dozer to buy, but in today's market you can't find them and when you do they want a mint.

Once I get it setup i will see about the need for a well. I'm sure there will be years that it would be useful but it is amazing the amount of water that runs through that ditch to the creek. Everything of the east side of the hill my barndo is on goes through that ditch.
14 226 Read More
Re: School me on pellet grills/smokers… BradyBuck 24 minutes ago
Ok, I think we should narrow down the argument.

I am not saying a pellet smoker will produce a better product. I am saying it will produce a really good one that 99% of people will really like and most wouldn’t be able to tell a difference.

I love sitting around enjoying a cold one wild tending a fire all day just as much as anyone but that’s not always feasible.
87 1,708 Read More
Re: Split necks - Grendel garyrapp55 25 minutes ago
Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
The answer is to anneal your case mouths.

Yep. I use Hornady in my kids 6.5Grendel and I have 5-6 loads on some of them. Semi-autos may be harder on brass but I don't think the neck is affected any different, maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, anneal and go back to whatever you were before.
11 230 Read More
Migratory Bird Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Hunting pressure this season DUKFVR 26 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Sinkey
I think they are just joining the groups for pics. Ive hunted geese numerous times out West, and Cranes. Ive never hunted in a group with more than 8.

There are some guides down here in SE Tx that routinely hunt over 10 guys on a duck shoot. Can't see how anyone would enjoy that.
40 1,642 Read More
Re: School me on pellet grills/smokers… BradyBuck 28 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Mickey Moose
Originally Posted by BradyBuck
As opposed to the stick smoker guys who prefer longer pipe?

I can't speak for others, but mine doesn't have a pipe. It's a female, so just a hole for me to put my stick in.

Haha, no stack??
87 1,708 Read More
Re: School me on pellet grills/smokers… TPACK 30 minutes ago
One thing some people don`t consider is that smoke flavor is subjective to the person eating the food. Some people prefer less smoke than others and are 100% satisfied with a pellet smoker and some will never be pleased with a pellet smoker because they like and prefer a stronger smoke flavor. I have a stick burner and a pellet smoker, and I like both for different reasons and for different meats. I`ve cooked all of the same meats on both smokers and they are different when it comes to smoke flavor. My pellet smoker does not come close to cooking a pork butt nearly as good as my offset smoker using post oak wood. It looks great coming off the pellet smoker, but that's where it ends. If you like a light smoke flavor you are probably going to be happy with the results, but I prefer more smoke flavor (like lots of people) and I quit smoking butts after trying 2 different times on my pellet smoker and went back to my stick burner. I`ve smoked several briskets on my pellet smoker and I am happy with the results and the flavor I get from it. It still doesn`t have the same flavor as real wood, but it is close enough for me and I enjoy not having to with the wood and temp associated with a stick burner. Ribs are my favorite meat to smoke on my pellet smoker. Great smoke flavor and very tender. One good thing about pellet smokers is that you never get that strong bitter smoke flavor that you can get with a stick burner. Anyone that says they use a stick burner and have NEVER got a bitter strong flavor isn`t being honest.

87 1,708 Read More
Re: Florida Woman Shoots Terminally Ill Husband of 50 Years BayouGuy 34 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Black02z28
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
See, this is the kind of case that begged for Dr Kevorkian. If you're terminally ill and suffering, you should have the right to choose to check out.

This 100%

Yep. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And if you're terminally ill and suffering, choosing to check out falls under your right to happiness.
9 233 Read More
Blinds & Feeders Jump to new posts
Re: ASF protein feeders Hudbone 36 minutes ago
I utilize free choice Texas hunter products. We can put 24 bags of protein in a 1,200 pounder and 12 bags in a 600 pounder.
17 1,344 Read More
Rifles, Shotguns & Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Pistol Brace Ban BoomStick 37 minutes ago
Without getting into the NFA rules and all the other malarkey going on in this thread.......
here is my concern, referencing a bloggers post from the ShotShow when the ATF drafted this new rule and the exceptions given.
1) the ATF stated they will essentially give everyone a free tax stamp for the SBR, okay cool!
However, according to this blogger, the FBI told the ATF to stick it and will no longer perform the back ground checks. So no the ATF will have to do said back ground checks.
Apparently, they have 88days to complete background check or the application gets automatically denied. So no SBR Tax Stamp.
2) with millions of tax stamp apps being submitted, this seems like many will get denied due to background checks not being performed in less than 88days.
So you gave your information, address, gun serial number and pictures proving you have a brace to the ATF. Now they deny your tax stamp.
So do they enforce on you for an illegal NFA item? Why would they not. You just proved everything they need to create a case against you!

I will not be submitting for a free tax stamp. I will reconfigure my guns until the dust settles from this.
91 3,572 Read More
Barrel inletting Glenn voth 37 minutes ago
Who in the Denton Cooke County area foes barrel inletting
0 46 Read More
Public Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Chap Javelina hunt jskin 37 minutes ago
Been twice, always killed. Such a fun hunt
3 45 Read More
Re: Bullfrog T Bone 40 minutes ago
Happy Birthday Frog!!!
28 319 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: **WTS 2004 Artic Cat 400, $500** Gringo Bling 46 minutes ago
Sweet deal assuming that it's running!
7 414 Read More
Re: Florida Woman Shoots Terminally Ill Husband of 50 Years blkt2 46 minutes ago
I wonder why he just didn't do it himself? The article did not mention the nature of his failing health and impending doom.
9 233 Read More
Re: 46 arrested in prostitution sting... psycho0819 47 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
Originally Posted by psycho0819
Originally Posted by Wytex
Originally Posted by psycho0819
I imagine my view on this won't be extremely popular, but here goes....

So they setup an entrapment sting and arrested a bunch of men willing to pay for sex? Sorry if I don't see how this is any kind of victory for those seeking to effect the ongoing sex trafficking issue. It has done nothing to slow down sex trafficking, just ruined the lives of many men who are guilty of being willing to pay for sex. Are those men in the wrong? I'd say that is subjective. I have never paid for sex (well, not outright anyway) and have no plans to, but who am I to vilify someone who is or the woman willing to take the money for it?

Are a few of them truly bad people that need to be off the streets? Sure, but I bet if you pull over 46 speeders you'll get one or two felonies to charge out of it..

They didn't get anyone selling underage girls, nobody pimping unwilling women. I just don't see how this was worth the time and effort it took to pull it off, and don't really see it as any kind of real victory for the movement. It's a PR stunt for the PD with no real benefit to the public.

Isn't prostitution illegal in Texas ?
Frankly I wouldn't want my son coached by someone who goes to hookers. Or have my kids at church guided by someone who also uses hookers.
What else are they doing ?

Sure, it's illegal in Texas. Not one prostitute or pimp was arrested in this entrapment sting though. So they got 46 guys who were willing to pay for sex off the street until they can make bail, on what, a misdemeanor charge? That's freaking laughable.

First offense is a felony. You lose your right to own a gun, among other things.

OK, I stand corrected on that point. I honestly wouldn't know, or care, what level of offense it is since I have no dog in that fight.
24 508 Read More
Re: Prayers please TCM3 47 minutes ago
Ended up NOT going to the hospital. Olivia's blood pressure and other levels normalized on their own last night, and after consulting her doctor decided to not take her in. She is doing much better today.

Prayers do work. up
23 373 Read More
Hunting Gear Jump to new posts
Re: Recommend me some gloves Gringo Bling 47 minutes ago
Originally Posted by HuntnFly67
Originally Posted by ElkOne
These are on the expensive side but Kuiu has some great gloves, and they will keep you hands warm !!

Lol. On our elk hunt, two of the guys were decked out in Kuiu gear. One ended up borrowing my Cabelas glommits and said they kept him warmer than his highdollar Kooey Northstar gloves.

I've got backup Cabela's gloves that my sons use....those pale in comparison to Kuiu or Sitka. I'll give you a story the exact opposite of yours. My buddy has Cabela's "waterproof" gloves that got wet in the snow and he borrowed my Sitka's and couldn't believe how warm and dry his hands stayed. I don't pay full price for anything Sitka or Kuiu, there are sales at the end of the season and before, but I recommend it.
13 248 Read More
Recipes & Cooking - Cleaning & Preparation Jump to new posts
Re: Too rare? 1955 50 minutes ago
Looks perfect to me👍
11 320 Read More
Page 1 of 709 1 2 3 708 709
© 2004-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide