Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
Re: Big 12. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8332698 07/27/21 12:35 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Rumor is Florida State is talking to SEC.

FL will fight that tooth and nail

Ah hell, why not just bring in Ohio St, Notre Dame, and Clemson and l let all the rest of the teams drop down to Div II & Div III. Just have the best 20 teams in teh SEC and be done with it. lol

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Big 12. [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8332702 07/27/21 12:44 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

Ah hell, why not just bring in Ohio St, Notre Dame, and Clemson and l let all the rest of the teams drop down to Div II & Div III. Just have the best 20 teams in teh SEC and be done with it. lol

Anyone watch college football live yesterday?

The one guy that said the pac 12, big 10, and the aac should go to the justice department and complain that the sec is creating a monopoly..........

Re: Big 12. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8332703 07/27/21 12:45 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

The one guy that said the pac 12, big 10, and the aac should go to the justice department and complain that the sec is creating a monopoly..........

Jay Bilas also said the SEC and ACC should merge into one super conference, but I imagine he said that for the clicks.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Big 12. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8332765 07/27/21 01:41 PM
Roll-Tide Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
There is alot of talk right now. Most is just talk and speculation.

But I guarantee everyone is discussing it. From conference presidents weighing expansion and who. To the schools trying to improve their position.

I think this will continue to evolve. Only the poor schools are stuck.
I think Big12 tries to add some spare teams and it fails.

Re: Big 12. [Re: Herbie Hancock] #8332793 07/27/21 02:02 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock

Jay Bilas also said the SEC and ACC should merge into one super conference, but I imagine he said that for the clicks.

Meh............
There are several in there that would get the snot kicked out of them constantly in the SEC. lol

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Big 12. [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8332982 07/27/21 05:10 PM
railbird Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
Is Texas really guilty of hogging revenue and bullying other schools? Read this link for TRUTH

https://twitter.com/daggaroosta/status/1419711916994449413

Re: Big 12. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8333009 07/27/21 05:38 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Can you say “Longhorn Network”?

Re: Big 12. [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8333017 07/27/21 05:41 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
It’s just college football talk. Some people get way worked up.
College football is a fun topic. Lots of fans and lots of haters. Everyone is welcome in college football talk.

Unless your team goes to the AAU.

lmao

Exactly right.
No different than HSFB talk in TX on one of the forums. Some people just get to emotional.....end of story.
It's all about the fun of it. Hell, I love going to tailgate parties and just mixing it up with the other team's fans. It is the best part of the day and you meet some great people from all over.

The funny part about some of the people who get all worked up and pissed off and emotional, they actually don't even have any real ties to their team like even attending that school themselves much less playing there at one point. lmao That is the dumbest part about all the morons out there that wear the pro sports gear and put it all over their damn vehicles. WTH............

every OU fan in the country.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Big 12. [Re: 68rustbucket] #8333044 07/27/21 05:58 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

Yes, blame Texas because ESPN didn't want anyone else.

Re: Big 12. [Re: 68rustbucket] #8333061 07/27/21 06:10 PM
railbird Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

You mean THE LHN that a-m turned down when they were offered a part? THE LHN that they turned down because they thought it was too much money to invest in and that they thought they were making enough in tier rights?

Then in typical fashion, when a-m saw the huge contract that UT got from ESPN they screamed and cried that the big bully wasn't being fair and that they deserved part of that revenue!

I'm thinking I should go to a-m and learn how to get huge money from blue chip stocks without actually investing in them lol!

Re: Big 12. [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8333067 07/27/21 06:11 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
College football is a fun topic. Lots of fans and lots of haters. Everyone is welcome in college football talk.

lmao

Exactly right.
No different than HSFB talk in TX on one of the forums. Some people just get to emotional.....end of story.
It's all about the fun of it. Hell, I love going to tailgate parties and just mixing it up with the other team's fans. It is the best part of the day and you meet some great people from all over.

The funny part about some of the people who get all worked up and pissed off and emotional, they actually don't even have any real ties to their team like even attending that school themselves much less playing there at one point. lmao That is the dumbest part about all the morons out there that wear the pro sports gear and put it all over their damn vehicles. WTH............

I'm on this forum too, you know.

Re: Big 12. [Re: Choctaw] #8333079 07/27/21 06:19 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Choctaw
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

lmao

Exactly right.

I'm on this forum too, you know.

Hey there you are Choctaw are you getting as much hate as Texas is getting over there?

Re: Big 12. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8333191 07/27/21 08:32 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
As a Texas alum, it's amazing how strongly some schools feel that Texas should prop them up into perpetuity. At some point, they need to be accountable for their own future. Why is it expected that Texas and OU have to be the big brother to the rest of the Big 12? If Tech and OSU didn't have subpar academic standards, they would almost certainly be invited to the Pac 12. Baylor and TCU can't even fill up their small stadiums, so nobody wants them. KU is the worst Power 5 football program and KSU has the feel of a Juco. Why is Texas (and OU) responsible for all of their shortcomings? The Big 12 has been the 3rd best conference for a while now, but the majority of the teams are not contributing to the bottom line financially. I readily admit that Texas has been subpar over the last 10 years, but even a very disappointing 8-3 season last year was better than 7 other teams in the conference.

Re: Big 12. [Re: Gringo Bling] #8333206 07/27/21 08:45 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling
As a Texas alum, it's amazing how strongly some schools feel that Texas should prop them up into perpetuity. At some point, they need to be accountable for their own future. Why is it expected that Texas and OU have to be the big brother to the rest of the Big 12? If Tech and OSU didn't have subpar academic standards, they would almost certainly be invited to the Pac 12. Baylor and TCU can't even fill up their small stadiums, so nobody wants them. KU is the worst Power 5 football program and KSU has the feel of a Juco. Why is Texas (and OU) responsible for all of their shortcomings? The Big 12 has been the 3rd best conference for a while now, but the majority of the teams are not contributing to the bottom line financially. I readily admit that Texas has been subpar over the last 10 years, but even a very disappointing 8-3 season last year was better than 7 other teams in the conference.

Great post all the way around!

And to be honest, it is a really good thing to be a fan of a team that you are disappointed in an 8-3 season because it just shows how good a program has been and the expectation for it to be even better.

Re: Big 12. [Re: Gringo Bling] #8333223 07/27/21 09:00 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

Why'd they put themselves in this position?

Re: Big 12. [Re: Hudbone] #8333326 07/27/21 10:19 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Why did Texas put themselves in this position? Largely geography (and BS politicians) put Texas in the conference, just like geography placed most schools in the conference they're in. And then when ESPN came calling with the LHN, it was an offer they couldn't refuse at that time (and no other school would have either). In the short term, Texas will be giving up $76mm in Big 12 TV money and close to $200mm in LHN money. Easy to say Texas is all about the money, but they aren't doing this deal for the money (at least not over the next 5-10 years). And they're clearly not doing it for an easy schedule. They're doing it because Big 12 attendance sucks at most schools, the conference Fox 11 a.m. kickoffs are absurd for obvious reasons, recruiting has suffered across the league, and the new TV deal that the Big 12 was trying to negotiate was not going well. And a package deal of Texas and OU is more valuable than the sum of the parts, so the timing makes perfect sense (even if it caught almost everyone off guard).

Re: Big 12. [Re: Hudbone] #8333331 07/27/21 10:21 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Solid question. Who created the dumpster fire?

Re: Big 12. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8333469 07/28/21 12:33 AM
Roll-Tide Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
How accurate is this?

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8333477 07/28/21 12:37 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Texas should be most hated....................

Re: Big 12. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8333483 07/28/21 12:38 AM
Roll-Tide Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity

That’s exactly what a biased person would say.

Re: Big 12. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8333531 07/28/21 01:29 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

That’s exactly what a biased person would say.

Victim card

Re: Big 12. [Re: S.A. hunter] #8333549 07/28/21 01:46 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler

Aggie is most hated. I cannot stand those arrogant expletives for the most part. Only a couple I tolerate lol.

[Linked Image]
Re: Big 12. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8333562 07/28/21 01:58 AM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I'd take ATM over Texas any day.

Re: Big 12. [Re: Bee'z] #8333582 07/28/21 02:18 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by 2Beez

Aggie is most hated. I cannot stand those arrogant expletives for the most part. Only a couple I tolerate lol.

Prefers fags over farmers. Not surprised. Not surprised at all actually.

Re: Big 12. [Re: Gringo Bling] #8333583 07/28/21 02:20 AM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W

Page 16 of 18 1 2 14 15 16 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide