Texas Hunting Forum

Big 12.

Posted By: Roll-Tide

Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:09 PM

I know there is some Texas stuff going on in the Lounge. But I think this is about the big 12 as a whole.
This is conversation mainly relates to football.

At first, I thought this was an attempt for more bargaining power. I’m starting to think this is for real.
The big12 has been a mess, they had like 10 teams for years. Their new conference championship is pretty much a joke. With top 2. The teams are all mediocre. They have failed to land big teams. Let’s be honest no big team wants to go to big 12.

If they go to a power 4and a 16 team playoff with each conference getting 4 in playoff is not a bad option.

Texas will not go to BIG, most recruits want to play fairly close to home.

This could shift to a power 4 conference.
SEC add Texas/OU
BIG gets Iowa State. Nebraska.
PAC gets Tech/TCU/ Baylor.
ACC gets Baylor. WV.

SEC gets another huge rivalry game
BIg gets Iowa vs Iowa state.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:09 PM

Bring back the Big 8!
Posted By: TLew

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:11 PM

You seem to have forgotten the money aspect of this. Where is there more money in it for anyone other than Texas/OU in your simulated split
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:18 PM

MEH
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:21 PM

Can't talk much as I am trying to stay busy in work today (or its keeping me busy)...

You forget Nebraska already went to the BIG, thats done deal.

If texas and OU go to the SEC they will lose big time, just like aTm...perennial middle road teams in the SEC.

Would be interesting to see what comes of this talk
Posted By: ILUVBIGBUCKS

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:28 PM

Roll-Tide, I do not agree with you at all when you say the Big 12-2 is a joke.
There several conferences not nearly as good as them. In fact, most have them ranked as the 3rd best football conference the last 3 years. How's that trash?

Last year
1 - SEC
2 - Big 10
3 - Big 12
4 - ACC
5 - Pac 12
6 - Sunbelt
7 - ACC
8 - MAC
9 - MWC
10 - Conf USA

1 - SEC
2 - Big 10
3 - Big 12
4 - Pac 12
5 - ACC
6 - AAC
7 - MWC
8 - Sunbelt
9 - Conf USA
10 - MAC

1 - SEC
2 - Big 10
3 - Big 12
4 - ACC
5 - Pac 12
6 - MWC
7 - AAC
8 - Sunbelt
9 - Conf USA
10 - MAC
Posted By: cbump

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by TLew
You seem to have forgotten the money aspect of this. Where is there more money in it for anyone other than Texas/OU in your simulated split

If Texas and OU leave, it’ll force something similar because there will be no money in staying in the big 12. It wouldn’t be a choice, It would be necessity unless they want to be in an AAC caliber conference. Hell probably worse.
Posted By: CharlieCTx

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:30 PM

College football will soon be like the NFC and the AFC, the haves and the have nots.

Charlie

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
There several conferences not nearly as good as them. In fact, most have them ranked as the 3rd best football conference the last 3 years. How's that trash?

Last year
1 - SEC
2 - Big 10
3 - Big 12
4 - ACC
5 - Pac 12
6 - Sunbelt
7 - ACC
8 - MAC
9 - MWC
10 - Conf USA

1 - SEC
2 - Big 10
3 - Big 12
4 - Pac 12
5 - ACC
6 - AAC
7 - MWC
8 - Sunbelt
9 - Conf USA
10 - MAC

1 - SEC
2 - Big 10
3 - Big 12
4 - ACC
5 - Pac 12
6 - MWC
7 - AAC
8 - Sunbelt
9 - Conf USA
10 - MAC

truth bomb.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:36 PM

That’s with Texas and OU. Where does the Big12 go on that list without them?

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by cbump
That’s with Texas and OU. Where does the Big12 go on that list without them?

Way, way down to be honest. Probably below halfway on the list at 6 or 7 is my guess.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Their new conference championship is pretty much a joke. With top 2.

BIG gets Iowa State. Nebraska.

Hard to agree with your opinion since you seem to know very little about the Big 12. Nebraska hasn't been a member since 2011. And newsflash...all conference championship games take the top 2 team, whether it's by divisions or all in top to bottom.
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Can't talk much as I am trying to stay busy in work today (or its keeping me busy)...

You forget Nebraska already went to the BIG, thats done deal.

If texas and OU go to the SEC they will lose big time, just like aTm...perennial middle road teams in the SEC.

Would be interesting to see what comes of this talk

WoW how ‘bout that selective memory. TAMU goes to SEC and beat hell out of who? Give Saban a call if you can’t remember.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Last year
1 - SEC
2 - Big 10
3 - Big 12
4 - ACC
5 - Pac 12
6 - Sunbelt
7 - ACC
8 - MAC
9 - MWC
10 - Conf USA

1 - SEC
2 - Big 10
3 - Big 12
4 - Pac 12
5 - ACC
6 - AAC
7 - MWC
8 - Sunbelt
9 - Conf USA
10 - MAC

1 - SEC
2 - Big 10
3 - Big 12
4 - ACC
5 - Pac 12
6 - MWC
7 - AAC
8 - Sunbelt
9 - Conf USA
10 - MAC

truth bomb.

Let’s talk power 5 only. Take out TX and OU and see where Big12 ranks.

The Big12 is the only power 5 without a TV network.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:55 PM

I think TX/OU see a not profitable future of playing Kansas,KState, Tech and a declining TCU and Ok State.

I would much rather see Texas vs Georgia, Bama, Florida, Ole Miss, A&M every year. I think everyone would.

Let’s be honest, Texas loses to OU and plays in the Alamo Bowl all the time. That’s not very exciting to boosters or fans.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 02:58 PM

I think TX/OU see a not profitable future of playing Kansas,KState, Tech and a declining TCU and Ok State.

I would much rather see Texas vs Georgia, Bama, Florida, Ole Miss, A&M every year. I think everyone would.

Let’s be honest, Texas loses to OU and plays in the Alamo Bowl all the time. That’s not very exciting to boosters or fans.

And that's going to change how in the SEC? If anything, Texas will lose more and the fans will just whine

ETA: Basically Texas will wind up like A&M and say things like "At least we're in the SEC" when they have a below .500 record
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:00 PM

It’s all about the Benjamin’s, the Big 12 has been dying a slow death for a while now.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:03 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:09 PM

I think it’s about the experience as well. It’s big business.

Of the top 15 in attendance, sec has 8.
Big12 has two, TX and OU.

Everyone wants to play in front of plus 75k. The experience of playing a noon game at TCU in front of 26k people just isn’t the same.

Tennessee hasn’t been relevant in 20 years and still packs the fans.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:11 PM

We are talking currently as your statement was the big 12 is trash now. You did not state if UT & OU left they'd be trash.

And I didn't see where you stated only power 5 conferences in your original post.

Don't move the bar after making a statement like the one you did to save face.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:12 PM

I think Texas is crazy for going to the SEC to end up middle of the pack. Think Oklahoma will hold their own.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Espy
I think Texas is crazy for going to the SEC to end up middle of the pack. Think Oklahoma will hold their own.

I dont know about that...... Texas will be just fine..... you guys.....

Who gave LSU the toughest game during their championship run?

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:22 PM

We are talking currently as your statement was the big 12 is trash now. You did not state if UT & OU left they'd be trash.

And I didn't see where you stated only power 5 conferences in your original post.

We are only talking about this because of TX OU inquiring about leaving. They are wanting to leave to avoid playing subpar programs. You can’t possibly consider rating a legit conference with the AAC or conference USA.

The power 5 is all that matters. PAC12 is in a deep decline.

I’m simply saying. Take out Texas and OU, and Big12 is dead.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:23 PM

And that's going to change how in the SEC? If anything, Texas will lose more and the fans will just whine

ETA: Basically Texas will wind up like A&M and say things like "At least we're in the SEC" when they have a below .500 record

I could have sworn aTm was 8-1 in SEC & 10-1 overall last year with their only loss coming in week 2 against Alabama?
Wins over Vandy, FL, Miss St, Ark, SC, LSU, Aub, Tenn, & NC,

2019 8-5 Fisher
2018 9-4 Fisher
2017 7-5 Sumlin
2016 8-5 Sumlin
2015 8-5 Sumlin
2014 8-5 Sumlin
2013 9-4 Sumlin
2012 11-2 Sumlin

Not seeing any 500 records here

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:25 PM

We are only talking about this because of TX OU inquiring about leaving. They are wanting to leave to avoid playing subpar programs. You can’t possibly consider rating a legit conference with the AAC or conference USA.

The power 5 is all that matters. PAC12 is in a deep decline.

I’m simply saying. Take out Texas and OU, and Big12 is dead.

Agree completely

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

Alabama say hi

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:27 PM

Texas A&M has been a good addition to SEC. I think it’s a good fit. They have a good fan base, tradition, nice facilities and pack the stadium.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:30 PM

I can’t help but think this has something to do with NIL money down the road. Since Alabama has a million dollar QB. That’s never played.

SEC is much more exposure.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:31 PM

I could have sworn aTm was 8-1 in SEC & 10-1 overall last year with their only loss coming in week 2 against Alabama?
Wins over Vandy, FL, Miss St, Ark, SC, LSU, Aub, Tenn, & NC,

2019 8-5 Fisher
2018 9-4 Fisher
2017 7-5 Sumlin
2016 8-5 Sumlin
2015 8-5 Sumlin
2014 8-5 Sumlin
2013 9-4 Sumlin
2012 11-2 Sumlin

Not seeing any 500 records here

I stand corrected. I candidly don't keep up with records and shouldn't have thrown that out there. I did know they had a good year last

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:31 PM

Everyone wants to play in front of plus 75k. The experience of playing a noon game at TCU in front of 26k people just isn’t the same.

100%

This is why I enjoy it when USC, LSU, and ND come to town. Totally different environment then playing K State, Baylor, Tech, and those guys.

I think this is why Texas goes out of its way to play blue blood teams every year in the non conference games. They still have Bama, Michigan, Ohio st, Clemson, coming to town.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:36 PM

I stand corrected. I candidly don't keep up with records and shouldn't have thrown that out there. I did know they had a good year last

They've held their own so far and seem to be on the right track.
Now, if Fisher can build a new QB fast it could be fun. The defense should be SALTY this year and the RBs should be very good.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:37 PM

100%

This is why I enjoy it when USC, LSU, and ND come to town. Totally different environment then playing K State, Baylor, Tech, and those guys.

I think this is why Texas goes out of its way to play blue blood teams every year in the non conference games. They still have Bama, Michigan, Ohio st, Clemson, coming to town.

SMART!!

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:39 PM

100%

SMART!!

Sucks for the coaches, but its a treat for the fans.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 03:55 PM

To be honest. It concerns me.

I think SEC has helped A&M align their resources, upgrade facilities, pay top dollar for coaches.
If Texas can do they same, they could be dangerous. If Texas gets exposure, aligns resources they could be scary.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 04:59 PM

I think SEC has helped A&M align their resources, upgrade facilities, pay top dollar for coaches.
If Texas can do they same, they could be dangerous. If Texas gets exposure, aligns resources they could be scary.

Texas is hurt in recruiting by being in the big 12 no doubt. Sec, or big10 would definitely help them in that aspect.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 05:03 PM

Big10 and PAC12 are not a reality. Texas and OU know, parents want to go to the games. And get there easily.

Texas parents don’t want to go to Wisconsin, Maryland, Rutgers.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 05:04 PM

I really don't care where we play. I love my team win or loose. it's an excellent atmosphere to watch a game and there isn't a better fan base in football.

Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 05:12 PM

PAC 12 east.. real championship between east and west. Good luck.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 06:13 PM

Texas is hurt in recruiting by being in the big 12 no doubt. Sec, or big10 would definitely help them in that aspect.

Agreed. Being in the SEC gives the Aggies tremendous recruiting leverage over Texas, which is why the Aggies want to keep them out.

So if it does happen, who goes to the SEC West and who goes to the East? Or better yet, do they re-align all the teams, perhaps putting Alabama and Auburn in the SEC East and adding Texas and OU as replacements to the SEC West? Personally, I would prefer the later. Poor Missouri would remain in the SEC East.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan

Agreed. Being in the SEC gives the Aggies tremendous recruiting leverage over Texas, which is why the Aggies want to keep them out.

Do you blame them? They struck out on their own, and have done well.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 06:23 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 06:28 PM

[Linked Image]

Bama gets a cakewalk?
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 06:30 PM

Uhhhhh - Auburn (3 points) and Alabama (5 points)??????
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 06:40 PM

When will this happen...if it happens?

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer

SA. Y’all come to SEC no more moral victories. You can’t beat Vandy in your first SEC game and claim to be back.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 06:48 PM

I really don't care where we play. I love my team win or loose. it's an excellent atmosphere to watch a game and there isn't a better fan base in football.

I've always like OSU

But, he didn't say whether or not they could leave early if they were losing big to someone in the 2nd half???

grin

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 06:51 PM

I've always like OSU

But, he didn't say whether or not they could leave early if they were losing big to someone in the 2nd half???

grin

we fight to the bitter end, always.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 06:57 PM

SA. Y’all come to SEC no more moral victories. You can’t beat Vandy in your first SEC game and claim to be back.

Lol, as much as i hate SEC fans, I would no doubt enjoy the better quality opponents. RT there needs to be some kind of wager for the 2022, and 2023 games coming up....... not money, but something to do with pride. Maybe you get a longhorn tattoo when Texas beats bama.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 06:58 PM

Gundy is a freaking tool, to put it nicely. Pretty good football coach though.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jgraider

in what way?

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 07:08 PM

I've always like OSU

grin

Y'all have a lot of bitter ends, don't you? roflmao

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

Y'all have a lot of bitter ends, don't you? roflmao

my favorite was knocking the gooners out of the Rose Bowl. The crowd had all brought roses and they littered the stadium as people left. very satisfying.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 07:19 PM

I remember that game. Great ball game and well deserved W by OSU that day. Kids left it on the field
Had a friend who's son was a freshman LBr for you guys on that team. He went on to be a STUD MLB for you guys for a couple years and should have made it to the league but had a devestaing knee injury his Sr year. Great player and great young man. Ryan Simmons was his name. Also know Jordan Sterns as well and he was a fantastic DB for you guys for 3 years and also a great person.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 08:00 PM

[Linked Image]

Bama gets a cakewalk?

I have to agree. But then, the recent changes to players being allowed to get paid may hurt Alabama a lot. I mean, how many Walmart T-shirts are those rednecks in Alabama going to buy, especially when the blue chippers start bleeding away to the schools in much larger markets?

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 09:43 PM

All Big 12 schools are having a conference call at 5 they should be interesting....

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 10:26 PM

Apparently only 8 teams showed up for the conference call.......... can you guess which two didnt?

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 10:36 PM

Man. Would have loved to hear that conference call.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 10:47 PM

I hope those 8 are making future plans. Not discuss bringing Houston and BYU.

Re: Big 12. - 07/22/21 10:50 PM

I hope those 8 are making future plans. Not discuss bringing Houston and BYU.

I’m just a lowly Tech alum but that might be the worst conference of all time.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 12:52 AM

in what way?

I have a friend who is very closely associated with the athletic department up there. In his words...."Gundy is the type of guy who runs around campus with his shirt off".

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 01:01 AM

in what way?

I have a friend who is very closely associated with the athletic department up there. In his words...."Gundy is the type of guy who runs around campus with his shirt off".

I like it! The man has a big heart and loves his players. If you've never met him personally, I wouldn't call names. Just my 2cents

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 01:05 AM

in what way?

I like it! The man has a big heart and loves his players. If you've never met him personally, I wouldn't call names. Just my 2cents

Roger Staubach is a total DB. Met him half a dozen times. Each time worse than before.
Puts on a great show to people. Behind the scenes, one of the worst humans I’ve been around.
Posted By: SR025

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 01:14 AM

in what way?

Have you ever met him?

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 01:30 AM

So if they go sec, that would have to be the end of bedlam. Damn shame.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 01:59 AM

[Linked Image]

Saw this posted. Looks pretty good.
I didn’t see Baylor.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 02:06 AM

That is a possibility.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 02:33 AM

I would be happy with the PAC in that scenario.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 02:57 AM

[Linked Image]

Saw this posted. Looks pretty good.
I didn’t see Baylor.

Someone is taking Baylor
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:18 AM

Read earlier that SEC payouts for football last year was over $45 Million per school, not including the bowl payouts. Big 12 was $38 Million I think.

Also read that UT and OU would have to pay about $75 Million to leave the conference.

Very interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:40 AM

They are gone. There is no way that they didn't think about all possible road blocks.

a&m won't like it but money talks.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:46 AM

Can you image Big12 payout without Tx/OU. Or the new SEC payout with them in SEC.

Big12 has no bargaining power without Texas and OU.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:53 AM

Can you image Big12 payout without Tx/OU. Or the new SEC payout with them in SEC.

Big12 has no bargaining power without Texas and OU.

I heard 15 million more with Texas and OU in the sec.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:54 AM

Also big 12 would dissolve

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:06 AM

If this happens. I bet SEC will try to get rid of Mizzou. They bring nothing.
I would take OSU.

That would give SEC a lot of good rivalry games.
OU vs OSU
Texas vs Texas A&M
Texas vs OU
Auburn vs Alabama.
Ole Miss vs Miss State.
Florida vs Georgia.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 10:33 AM

I would take OSU.

OU vs OSU
Texas vs Texas A&M
Texas vs OU
Auburn vs Alabama.
Ole Miss vs Miss State.
Florida vs Georgia.

I like it.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 11:02 AM

I would take OSU.

OU vs OSU
Texas vs Texas A&M
Texas vs OU
Auburn vs Alabama.
Ole Miss vs Miss State.
Florida vs Georgia.

I like it.

What they need to do is kick a&m out for being big babies

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 11:25 AM

does anyone in the SEC wrestle? any good in basketball?

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by DocHorton
Read earlier that SEC payouts for football last year was over $45 Million per school, not including the bowl payouts. Big 12 was $38 Million I think.

Also read that UT and OU would have to pay about $75 Million to leave the conference.

Very interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Absolutely chump change to these two universities......pennies!

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 12:48 PM

They are gone. There is no way that they didn't think about all possible road blocks.

a&m won't like it but money talks.

haahhahaha

Yeah, I don't believe for a second either one would have announced this without doing a ton of behind the scenes phone calls to the SEC universities first!

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 12:49 PM

I would take OSU.

OU vs OSU
Texas vs Texas A&M
Texas vs OU
Auburn vs Alabama.
Ole Miss vs Miss State.
Florida vs Georgia.

In a heartbeat!

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 12:49 PM

I would take OSU.

OU vs OSU
Texas vs Texas A&M
Texas vs OU
Auburn vs Alabama.
Ole Miss vs Miss State.
Florida vs Georgia.

I like it.

What they need to do is kick a&m out for being big babies

Your azz kickin' is comin' soon enough

roflmao

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 01:18 PM

I won't be able to keep from smiling the first time I see an SEC patch on a Texas uniform after all the chit they gave Arkansas and A&M for leaving to join the conference.

But on a more serious note, perhaps a conference name change might be a good thing.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 03:08 PM

My son is sad that the spirt of college football is dead.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 03:10 PM

Per multiple different sources as I am listening to sport talk, the SEC left Aggie out of conversations in regards to UT/OU for six months. Kind of funny to me, well really funny.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 03:16 PM

If a&m want to know where they stand in ranks of the sec, well let's just say they are still little brother. They didn't even get a seat at the big boy table........ 🤣

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 03:17 PM

Herbie beat me to it!

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:06 PM

That’s hilarious

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:10 PM

In the world we live in today, do you honestly believe such thing could have ever been kept a secret?

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:11 PM

In the world we live in today, do you honestly believe such thing could have ever been kept a secret?

Apparently It was secret for 6 months.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:11 PM

It was until a&m leaked it.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:14 PM

I wish Buckeye was around.

SEC teams are going to be playing Texas, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and Auburn in one season… while Clemson is playing Wake Forrest, Boston College, and Syracuse. I guess they’re hardest opponent would be NC.

Ohio State has Illinois, Northwestern, Maryland, Rutgers. I guess their toughest opponent is. I don’t know Wisconsin or an unranked Michigan.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:19 PM

SEC teams are going to be playing Texas, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and Auburn in one season… while Clemson is playing Wake Forrest, Boston College, and Syracuse. I guess they’re hardest opponent would be NC.

Ohio State has Illinois, Northwestern, Maryland, Rutgers. I guess their toughest opponent is. I don’t know Wisconsin or an unranked Michigan.

Yeah the big 10 is in bad shape with that commissioner.......... he's as bad as Bob Bosley.......

They asked him if he would change anything he did last year, and the idiot said no....... talk about being clueless.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:21 PM

does anyone in the SEC wrestle? any good in basketball?

Not sure about wrestling, but usually have several good basketball teams. And the last several years have been the best conference for baseball and track.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:26 PM

All efforts to scoff at the Aggies over this deal is just an attempt to better the taste of Texas crow.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:27 PM

All efforts to scoff at the Aggies over this deal is just an attempt to better the taste of Texas crow.

Please stop posting.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:29 PM

Alabama and Arkansas have top 10 basketball teams. Adding Texas would be 3 top 10.

Sec has several good baseball teams. Adding Texas is a plus.

Sec has good softball, adding OU is big.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:29 PM

We scoff at a&m for their pettiness.....
Posted By: Dalroo

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:30 PM

OSU Alum, so Orange colored glasses here - first, others can hate on Gundy all they want, and he, like every other head coach I've ever met, can be cocky and arrogant, BUT - he is the best thing, other than Boone, to ever happen to our sports program. I sat through some miserable years of cellar dwelling and with HCMG, at least feel we are competitive with just about anyone.

As far as the BIG 12 goes, the league is toast. No way it survives without the Longhorns and Sewerners. Both bring legitimacy to the conference in the $$$ sports, and even with the strong athletic programs of TTU, KU, TCU, Baylor, and OSU, not enough juice to keep the B12 afloat.

When all of the realignment activity happened several years ago, there was a pretty strong political class in Oklahoma that said, okay, but our two flagship universities are a package - you don't get OU without OSU. I haven't heard that talks this time around --- yet, but it could become an issue now that the cat is out of the bag.

I will add, wherever we (OSU) end up, all things being as they are today, we'll be competitive.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:32 PM

Please stop posting.

See no evil.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:34 PM

The interesting thing to me is that this has been mostly about football. Look at the baseball and basketball records for Big 12 and it's been a strong league.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:43 PM

Texas brings.....

Top notch baseball
Chris Beard seem so be building one hell of a basketball team, time will tell.
Football is weak, but huge. Hopefully Sark can change that.
Both golf teams are really good
Both tennis teams are really good
Girls basketball is very good
Girls volleyball is great
Girls softball is pretty good.
Swimming and diving is the best.

They did win the directors cup this year. Sadly football pulls the university down.....

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:46 PM

OSU would bring 52 national titles. 4th of all D1 schools.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:48 PM

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:58 PM

Texas brings.....

Top notch baseball

They did win the directors cup this year. Sadly football pulls the university down.....

And yet it was Texas that found themself following in the footsteps of the Aggies to ask for permission.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 04:59 PM

Texas brings.....

Top notch baseball

And yet it was Texas that found themself following in the footsteps of the Aggies to ask for permission.

Lol, let's be honest. Nobody cares what the assies have to say.....

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:11 PM

Aggies definitely know where they stand in the conference.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:11 PM

Why is anyone talking like OSU is going?

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:14 PM

Nope

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:16 PM

The interesting thing to me is that this has been mostly about football. Look at the baseball and basketball records for Big 12 and it's been a strong league.

Because football is the one sport that actually makes money and support all the other sports.(99% in most cases)

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock

Because football is the one sport that actually makes money and support all the other sports.(99% in most cases)

Football and basketball

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:26 PM

Nope

They go where OU goes.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:26 PM

Per multiple different sources as I am listening to sport talk, the SEC left Aggie out of conversations in regards to UT/OU for six months. Kind of funny to me, well really funny.

Even more funny that TU baling out of the Big 12 to follow aTm's coat tails?

grin

Why would you think UT would have included aTm in their conversations with other SEC schools to set this up?
That would have be pretty damn stupid on their part, wouldn't it?

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:27 PM

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:36 PM

No doubt it has been strong but in baseball SEC was already very strong
Baseball week 9 final rankings

#1 Arkansas
#3 Texas
#4 Miss
#5 Tennessee
#6 Texas Tech
#7 TCU
#10 Ole MIss

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:37 PM

Texas and Oklahoma will win zero sec championships over the next ten years.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by SR025

How does it differ from Aggie?

It's just about a payday at the end when all the dust settles.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:39 PM

Nope

They go where OU goes.

Not this time........

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:39 PM

It doesn’t. They suck too. At least Texas and Oklahoma actually won big 12 championships.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:40 PM

I agree about pay day, with new playoff system who cares about conference championship anymore

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:42 PM

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdnua1Ar/

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:43 PM

Yeah, plus its Texas turning the tables, the sec has been tapping into Texas in recruiting, now its time for UT to tap into the sec.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:43 PM

Which sports and what divisions are included.

I'm looking at Wikipedia for team titles and I see OSU at 53 & these schools ranked above them:

Wisconsin, Cal, & Az St, with 56
Mich 57
Texas 59
Ohio St & Princeton 70
Navy 73
Yale & Cornell 78
Penn St 97
USC 131
UCLA 139
Stanford 145

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:44 PM

Nope

They go where OU goes.

No...........................that is TU who does that

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:48 PM

Yeah, plus its Texas turning the tables, the sec has been tapping into Texas in recruiting, now its time for UT to tap into the sec.

Bru, I hate to rain on your parade but UT has not lacked for recruits.............EVER.
The problem has not been the quality of athletes they've gotten in there but how those athletes were coached up!
UT has probably not been out of the top 10 recruiting classes more than a couple times the last decade or more and in the top 5 several times.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:49 PM

Which sports and what divisions are included.

I'm looking at Wikipedia for team titles and I see OSU at 53 & these schools ranked above them:

Wisconsin, Cal, & Az St, with 56
Mich 57
Texas 59
Ohio St & Princeton 70
Navy 73
Yale & Cornell 78
Penn St 97
USC 131
UCLA 139
Stanford 145

team titles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_schools_with_the_most_NCAA_Division_I_championships

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:51 PM

Bru, I hate to rain on your parade but UT has not lacked for recruits.............EVER.
The problem has not been the quality of athletes they've gotten in there but how those athletes were coached up!
UT has probably not been out of the top 10 recruiting classes more than a couple times the last decade or more and in the top 5 several times.

You probably haven't been following recruiting this year.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:56 PM

Yeah, plus its Texas turning the tables, the sec has been tapping into Texas in recruiting, now its time for UT to tap into the SEC.

There's no doubt both Texas and Texas A&M have tremendous markets to offer kids looking to make money off sports apparel.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 05:58 PM

It’s not so much what you do with 5 star recruits. It’s about how many 3/4 stars you put in the nfl.

Texas knows their problem is not putting players in the nfl. That hurts. Kids know it.

Alabama probably has someone right now, that I barely know, will break out and get drafted this year.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 06:02 PM

Alabama probably has someone right now, that I barely know, will break out and get drafted this year.

I wouldn't argue that today. But it's going to be interesting to see who many top recruits the school can muster once kids learn how many T-shirts they can sell in Alabama as compared to other places. As we both know, they couldn't sell any until just recently.

But then, considering how obsessed those folks can be in winning, I wouldn't be surprised to see entire warehouses full of bought and stored T-shirts being scattered around the state.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 06:22 PM

I wouldn't argue that today. But it's going to be interesting to see who many top recruits the school can muster once kids learn how many T-shirts they can sell in Alabama as compared to other places. As we both know, they couldn't sell any until just recently.

But then, considering how obsessed those folks can be in winning, I wouldn't be surprised to see entire warehouses full of bought and stored T-shirts being scattered around the state.

There are t shirt fans for all these schools. Except the trash Mississippi schools
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 06:53 PM

bevo + flame = food

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 07:16 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 07:17 PM

We scoff at a&m for their pettiness.....

Aren’t you an A&M alum?

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 07:20 PM

This one is funny.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Payne

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 07:26 PM

roflmao

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 07:41 PM

Damn it herbie. You beat me to it again.......

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 07:51 PM

Texas football is in icu plugged in 20 different ways. They’ll never recover the only thing that MIGHT happen is bringing aggies down the half step they’ve climbed through recruiting competition.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass
Texas football is in icu plugged in 20 different ways. They’ll never recover the only thing that MIGHT happen is bringing aggies down the half step they’ve climbed through recruiting competition.

Let's revisit this in two years, shall we.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 08:03 PM

So you’re saying “Texas is back” ?

Let’s

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 08:07 PM

So you’re saying “Texas is back” ?

Let’s

So I'm telling you there's a chance...

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 08:14 PM

Has anyone noted why Texas and OU may be using this for other reasons and have no intention of leaving?

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 08:17 PM

Has anyone noted any reasons why Texas and OU may be using this for other reasons and have no intention of leaving?

The big 12 can't provide anything for them to stay. I heard a report that kind of made me sad... a big twelve team was saying they would give Texas and OU more money if thats what it would take to make them stay.....

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 08:17 PM

up clap cheers

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 08:18 PM

up clap cheers

Lol, hope is all I've got right now.....

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 08:18 PM

Has anyone noted any reasons why Texas and OU may be using this for other reasons and have no intention of leaving?

The big 12 can't provide anything for them to stay. I heard a report that kind of made me sad... a big twelve team was saying they would give Texas and OU more money if thats what it would take to make them stay.....

Much like the coach looking for a raise.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 08:22 PM

up clap cheers

Lol, hope is all I've got right now.....

Like me the 1st time I met my wife and it worked!

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 08:55 PM

Has anyone noted why Texas and OU may be using this for other reasons and have no intention of leaving?

Nope

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 08:58 PM

All schools are gonna get at least 10 million more a year.

Next tv contracts will drive that up higher.

Might have a TX OU night game.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 09:28 PM

Has anyone heard when the move will take place?

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 09:32 PM

The contract is good to 2025, some are saying as earlier as 2022.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 09:40 PM

This one is funny.
[Linked Image]

Burnt orange nation chasing that maroon bus full of yell leaders, screaming “you miss us so much we demand to join you.”

Pretty easy to predict dudes from Austin chasing a bus full of dudes.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 10:03 PM

Fact.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 10:12 PM

I’m no ut fan but remind me again which school has all dude cheerleaders?

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 10:36 PM

Fact.

I have to agree.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 10:41 PM

The contract is good to 2025, some are saying as earlier as 2022.

Yeah, I'm hearing the same.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 10:48 PM

I’m no ut fan but remind me again which school has all dude cheerleaders?

If you’ll read the entire post it’s fairly obvious.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 10:53 PM

I'm watching the Paul finebaum show for the first time ever....... My boy says it feels icky. Lol the intro killed me.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 10:58 PM

Paul’s a bit hard to watch.

I really enjoy Greg McElroy and Demarcus Spears on SEC channel

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 11:06 PM

Paul’s a bit hard to watch.

I really enjoy Greg McElroy and Demarcus Spears on SEC channel

Appreciate the info, yeah I watched the first five minutes and had to turn it.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 11:20 PM

Seeing on another forum Kansas reaching out to big 10 now.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 11:20 PM

I did not confirm that.
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 11:21 PM

Jayhawkers?

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 11:28 PM

Finebaum's another one of those guys who has never stepped on the field of competition with anything other than pom-poms in his hands. I much prefer to give credibility to those who have actually played the game.
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 11:46 PM

Texas has struggled to find success in the Big XII. They must enjoy abuse.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by soonersorlaters

Yep. We've owned them for many years.

Re: Big 12. - 07/23/21 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by soonersorlaters

Yep. We've owned them for many years.

I resemble that reply.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 12:00 AM

This is now about where the rest of the Bif12 land.
Bigger programs will end up in bigger conferences.

I think W Virginia goes to ACC.
Kansas to Big10.
Iowa State Big10.

TCU. PAC
OSU. PAC.

Up in the air on TT, Baylor, Kansas State.
I’m afraid the may end up in AAC. With Houston, Memphis, Tulane.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 12:33 AM

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdnt6NqU/

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 01:03 AM

This is now about where the rest of the Bif12 land.
Bigger programs will end up in bigger conferences.

I think W Virginia goes to ACC.
Kansas to Big10.
Iowa State Big10.

TCU. PAC
OSU. PAC.

Up in the air on TT, Baylor, Kansas State.
I’m afraid the may end up in AAC. With Houston, Memphis, Tulane.

You talk about “bigger programs will end up in bigger conferences” then say Tech will go to the AAC? No.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 01:06 AM

We would bring just as much if not more to any conference than TCU, KU, OSU, and ISU. WVU may actually end up in the AAC.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 01:07 AM

I want no part of the PAC 12. Games end too late. Rather go big 10. It makes more sense.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 01:25 AM

I want no part of the PAC 12. Games end too late. Rather go big 10. It makes more sense.

I think the games would be more entertaining for Tech in the PAC but I agree the time difference would be terrible.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 01:34 AM

I think the games would be more entertaining for Tech in the PAC but I agree the time difference would be terrible.

Also, we wrestle. The limp wrists out west not so much.
Posted By: GusWayne

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 01:48 AM

Big 12 is cooked, done, it’s over

The Big 10, ACC and PAC 12 eat up the rest

And we finally get 4 super conferences

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 02:04 AM

I saw several members of the Texas House of Representatives introduced legislation today that will require legislative approval for any team to leave Texas.

What a waste.

No one knows where programs will end up. If I was left in Big12, I would be working all weekend trying to get in PAC12.
BIG can be more selective. I would love to see Okl State in Big10.
ACC will probably get W Virginia.

The two that keep getting left out of conversations are KState and Baylor.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 02:10 AM

On the other hand, PAC may like the central time zone for rating purposes. The PAC after dark ratings are terrible. If they add Tech, Oklahoma State, TCU They instantly increase ratings with central time zone games.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 02:15 AM

The Big 12 and Texas Legislature is a day late and dollar short on this

Like always

I like to blame Abbott, he’s behind the times

Felt the heat and tosses open carry…

He will not win Tx next election

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by procraft05

Like always

Jeff Leach introduced the topic. How is this Abbott's fault besides the fact that he's easy to blame?

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 02:25 AM

Like always

Allen west gets my vote.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 02:28 AM

Off topic but I will not vote Abbott in primaries. No way no how.

Abbott v Matthew… it’ll be a wasted vote but it’s Abbott.

Now as to the topic. Why on gods green earth would legislature’s try to legislate this? Bunch of losers.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 02:31 AM

I sure hope so. Guess you haven't dipped into the sauce too much yet to be on mcconaughey's sack

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 02:35 AM

Big 12 is cooked, done, it’s over

The Big 10, ACC and PAC 12 eat up the rest

And we finally get 4 super conferences

I heard if the big 12 fall apart Texas and ou don't have to pay to leave.......

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 02:36 AM

Hilarious

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 02:42 AM

The meltdowns are epic!

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 02:51 AM

Now as to the topic. Why on gods green earth would legislature’s try to legislate this? Bunch of losers.

Matthew wins and it ain’t close

Idk if he will run or not but if he does, he wins

If he don’t, West wins

Abbott sucks, he will not win Tx

He is way behind, career politician

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 02:52 AM

That cracks me up. lol! I would argue millions of dollars is a benefit.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 02:54 AM

Kicking and screaming!

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 02:56 AM

Y’all forget…

Cruz barely beat Beto

Trump barely beat Biden

Some crazy Californian over paid for my house with cash, they’re here and there’s a lot them

Abbott loses Texas, we’re purple and about to be blue

Get mad

A moderate democrat wins

Btw, I’ve never voted blue in my life

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 03:02 AM

Tech is getting in on the action.....
[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 03:06 AM

[Linked Image]

I was just about to ask wtf A&Ms problem is but then this. What a waste of time. The Big 12 blows and has since aggies and Nebraska left. I’m excited about something new.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 03:08 AM

I hate being the forward thinker/reality guy sometimes

UT and OU are gone guys

Kiss the Big 12 gone too, it’s over

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 03:10 AM

[Linked Image]

I was just about to ask wtf A&Ms problem is but then this. What a waste of time. The Big 12 blows and has since aggies and Nebraska left. I’m excited about something new.

You know, I went onto the 247 aggie board to see what they are saying, and it pains me to say..... most Aggies are not happy with their brass pissing and moaning like little girls.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 03:12 AM

You know, I went onto the 247 aggie board to see what they are saying, and it pains me to say..... most Aggies are not happy with their brass pissing and moaning like little girls.

Awe hell the basic bitch is pissed again and IDGAF!!!! Lets go roflmao

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 03:21 AM

Texas A&M just needs to realize they are nothing special in the SEC. They have brought the SEC no championships.
They really don’t understand the heirarchy.

They are behind Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. Hell, I think Ole Miss had one in the 80s.
SEC is about national championships. All the above have them. Most have multiple.

A&M has been good, but has zero pull in the SEC. They can go to Big12 for all I care.
I could replace them with OSU and be fine.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 03:27 AM

Texas A&M just needs to realize they are nothing special in the SEC. They have brought the SEC no championships.

They are behind Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee. Hell, I think Ole Miss had one in the 80s.
SEC is about national championships. All the above have them. Most have multiple.

A&M has been good, but has zero pull in the SEC. They can go to Big12 for all I care.

Everything you just stated is true but they love to run mouth and that is they have ever done and will ever do. Yes, Texas will suck awhile but ATM aint going up.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 03:37 AM

Their little brother complex is real........ we have been saying it for years.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 03:38 AM

I will not judge them by fans. But if admin acts like this they can go away.
Pack their new stadium with Baylor at 11am.
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 03:46 AM

Little brother sure lives in your head if you've been on all the A&M fan sites reading about it. You sure do care what they think roflmao

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by z71dustin

Little brother sure lives in your head if you've been on all the A&M fan sites reading about it. You sure do care what they think roflmao

Here you go z71.........
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ramblin’

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 05:52 AM

No brainer for the Sooners and Sips. Get that $$$$!
As far as the ‘sips go, you’re just like Austin/California, play the big boss and when it falls apart move somewhere else and screw it up too.

Aggies need to push that record with tu in our favor. Bring them on.
(After all, if your teams truly good shouldn’t be afraid to play anyone)
It’s been Oklahoma that’s competitive the last several years and could surprise some SEC teams.
Hell, the SEC could be 50-50 against OK State in Stillwater any given Saturday.
Will be interesting for sure.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ramblin’
As far as the ‘sips go, you’re just like Austin/California, play the big boss and when it falls apart move somewhere else and screw it up too.

It’s been Oklahoma that’s competitive the last several years and could surprise some SEC teams.

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Ramblin’

Absolutely.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 10:56 AM

The liberal cesspool that is UT would be like a turd in a punch bowl in the SEC. They are a perfect fit in the Pacific 12 Conference.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 11:57 AM

Aggie gonna aggie....... can't even get the date right....

I wonder what actions a&m will take against the sec...... a&m, shut your hole and know your roll....... lets play football you big babies.

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
The liberal cesspool that is UT would be like a turd in a punch bowl in the SEC. They are a perfect fit in the Pacific 12 Conference.

The sec wants Texas, and OU just as much as they want the sec........

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 12:18 PM

You are delusional. No school in their right mind wants to send their fans to the train wreck Austin has become, other than the west coast where it is more of the same.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 12:23 PM

You are delusional. No school in their right mind wants to send their fans to the train wreck Austin has become, other than the west coast where it is more of the same.

What? All the biggest teams are lined up to come already......

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 12:25 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 12:36 PM

The REAL football schools out there dont care who they play...... teams that have come, and will come in the future are ND, USC, LSU, Bama, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Michigan, Ohio St. Why is a&m so damn scared?
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 01:46 PM

UT and OU are gone guys

^^^^ This! What’s worse is now these children who’ve had little direction in life and were acting like fools for the last several years will really begin to show their a$$ now that they’re being paid potentially millions to play college football.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Txhunter65

UT and OU are gone guys

^^^^ This! What’s worse is now these children who’ve had little direction in life and were acting like fools for the last several years will really begin to show their a$$ now that they’re being paid potentially millions to play college football.

The boy and I had this conversation yesterday, college football will never be the same......... sad for sure.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 01:56 PM

UT and OU are gone guys

The boy and I had this conversation yesterday, college football will never be the same......... sad for sure.

It is going to be NFL lite for sure.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 02:19 PM

UT and OU are gone guys

It is going to be NFL lite for sure.

Yeah, college football is a family affair for us...... I hope it doesn't change so much that we have to stop watching/attending.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 05:32 PM

Yeah you’ve been saying it for years and talking about how the SEC is no better but here you come.

You keep acting like the Aggies are scared to play the Longhorns I’ve not seen anyone say that but anyone who doesn’t think it is going to change the recruiting in Texas is wrong and that’s why the Aggies will suffer.. Aggies would stomp a Mudhole in a bunch of sips right now and everybody in Texas knows it including you even that little [censored] 2bees

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 05:35 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 06:26 PM

Aggies are that guy that tells his friend to hold him back, while he tries to act like a tough guy....... then his friend lets him go.

Let's play football, and stop all this foolishness. smile ani

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 06:45 PM

Look UT created the dumpster fire in the big 12 when they went with the Longhorn that work now the Dumpster is empty they’re bailing ship…. why would the Aggies want them where they went when they tried to burn them down already once? you act like this is about football and it’s not.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 06:49 PM

The richest college football team in the United States created the worst conferences….. some smart folks down there just geniuses. If The entire city and university system was not run by a bunch of fools schools would be leaving other conferences and coming to the big 12 but that’s simply not the case.

UT was the Alabama of the big 12. The loudest voice. Look what you’ve made. Cheers

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 06:50 PM

Aggies are that guy that tells his friend to hold him back, while he tries to act like a tough guy....... then his friend lets him go.

At least they actually went to school at A&M.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 06:55 PM

I did not know ole Gary Gensler was on the board! Talk about not knowing your worth……

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 07:22 PM

Ohhhhh the sand aggies.......

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 07:37 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 07:42 PM

Yeah crazy. I also received a degree from the school I root for.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 07:44 PM

Cool up

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 09:00 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...s-when-texas-oklahoma-leave-for-sec/amp/

This article outlines a few good points with the “leftovers”.

If the PAC expands. BYU and Boise State May throw their name in the hat.
Only leaving a couple of spots. TCU for sure and probably OSU.

Leaving Tech and Baylor to the AAC.

W V to ACC

Iowa Sate logically to BIG.

No one seems to want K State.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 09:14 PM

I don't believe for one second Tech is going to the AAC.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 09:15 PM

I dont think the pac 12, or big 10 would take them.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 09:17 PM

If the big 12 dissolves, does Texas and OU still have to pay to leave?

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 09:27 PM

I didn’t think so either. But if BYU and Boise State go to PAC. Who are the last two.
I say TCU and OSU.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 09:32 PM

I didn’t think so either. But if BYU and Boise State go to PAC. Who are the last two.
I say TCU and OSU.

Why would a small private school get chosen over Tech?

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 09:46 PM

I say TCU and OSU.

From what I've heard academics.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 09:48 PM

I say TCU and OSU.

From what I've heard academics.

Where did you hear that? You're very plugged in.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 09:50 PM

It’s all speculation. Feel like this conversation needs a beer and a fire pit.

There is no telling what will happen. I think the advantage of TCU would be recent success, a few years back they won a Rose Bowl. Geographically, Ft worth would be a better setup than Lubbock.

Tech has a strong alumni base. The PAC has a history of anti Christian affiliations. Which would hurt TCU.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 09:56 PM

I say TCU and OSU.

Two totally different schools. Conferences will want OSU. I'm thinking big 10.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 10:01 PM

Big10 has 14. So they have two openings.
Iowa State is a no brainer.

I think the other is W Virginia.

If big don’t take wv. They go to ACC.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 10:03 PM

Lubbock doesn't bring anything to the table, and they are not an AAU school.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 10:04 PM

Big10 has 14. So they have two openings.
Iowa State is a no brainer.

I think the other is W Virginia.

If big don’t take wv. They go to ACC.

Iowa State, and KU would be my guess.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 10:08 PM

Kansas would be an option.

If I was PAC, looking for credibility. It would be OSU and TCU. I would pick Tech before Kansas.
Baylor would be my last choice.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 10:12 PM

Baylor has baggage that could weigh them down

Iowa st, and KU are both AAU schools that the big 10, and pac 12 look for. Location makes them a perfect fit for the big 10.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 10:19 PM

Oh man. If Tech ends up in AAC that would be devastating.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 10:20 PM

Why is that?

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 10:25 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 10:27 PM

Why is that?

Because AAC sucks. Their attendance average will drop to 8900 per game.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 10:39 PM

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdWj7Mjj/

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 11:05 PM

Why is that?

Well hell the pac12 commissioner say they aren't looking to add anyone, but they will listen.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 11:08 PM

Why is that?

Man I’ll lose It lol

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 11:08 PM

Why is that?

Well hell the pac12 commissioner say they aren't looking to add anyone, but they will listen.

Well they weren’t expecting the big 12 to implode a week ago. Lol

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 11:11 PM

He said that either yesterday or today.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 11:15 PM

Central time zone is a benefit to PAC12.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 11:26 PM

He said that either yesterday or today.

I know. I saw the same report you did. My point is that a few days ago they had no reason to be looking to add teams. Now they do.

Re: Big 12. - 07/24/21 11:53 PM

I'll be honest I think its a dick move, and it sucks to see everyone scramble.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 12:06 AM

I think it was needed. Texas/OU knew Big12 wasn’t taken seriously. A couple of playoff appearances and get blown out.
Texas tried to be the big dog with LHN and learned that was a failure. Texas has got to be tired of the Alamo Bowl. I think Texas has seen A&M improve greatly in the SEC.

This move also lets A&M know they are a mediocre team in the SEC, really with no voice.

Most teams will be fine. Some will definitely suffer.

If we go to 4 power conferences and have a 12 team playoff. Big could send 2, pac could send 2, ACC could send 2.
SEC could possibly send 4 to 6.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 12:16 AM

You think they’ll get rid of group of 5 at large bids?

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 12:22 AM

Wait. Did SA hunter not go to UT?

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 12:24 AM

You just described yourself SA, very well I might add. T-shirt fans always crack me up.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 12:25 AM

He read about it once though. It's what the low self esteemed usually gravitate to.....something successful, or at least UT was in the past.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 12:26 AM

I think it was needed. Texas/OU knew Big12 wasn’t taken seriously. A couple of playoff appearances and get blown out.
Texas tried to be the big dog with LHN and learned that was a failure. Texas has got to be tired of the Alamo Bowl. I think Texas has seen A&M improve greatly in the SEC.

This move also lets A&M know they are a mediocre team in the SEC, really with no voice.

Most teams will be fine. Some will definitely suffer.

If we go to 4 power conferences and have a 12 team playoff. Big could send 2, pac could send 2, ACC could send 2.
SEC could possibly send 4 to 6.

I sure will enjoy the games! I wish they would get the old band back together, and have UT, a&m, Arkansas, and OU in a pod. That being said,, I would also suspect that ticket prices will go up.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 12:27 AM

Nope.

I have no problem with any person being a fan even if they didn’t go to the school. But i do have a problem with cockiness and dogging other schools from a t-shirt fan.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 12:28 AM

You just described yourself SA, very well I might add. T-shirt fans always crack me up.

How so?

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 12:30 AM

How so?

Always talking smack and letting your mockingbird mouth overload your whippoorwill azzz. Typical 'horn fan.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 12:31 AM

Nope.

I have no problem with any person being a fan even if they didn’t go to the school. But i do have a problem with cockiness and dogging other schools from a t-shirt fan.

Funny thing is no one mentioned your school....... go back check it out, I could be wrong.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 12:36 AM

Nope.

Funny thing is no one mentioned your school....... go back check it out, I could be wrong.

Yes you’re wrong. My school has been mentioned in this Big 12 thread.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 12:37 AM

Nope.

I'm an Aggie and damn proud of it. I don't give a crap about sports, I actually hated A&M football while I was there because Manziel was there, but I went for academics. It cracks me up when Tshirt fans are so wrapped up in football or some sport they dog an entire school and the alumni. A&M may not be the best football team but they have some of the best academic programs in the USA and world so running your mouth about Aggies in general when you didn't even go to the school you are obsessed with is pretty darn silly.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 12:38 AM

Nope.

Yes you’re wrong. My school has been mentioned in this Big 12 thread.

Nothing negative my friend.....

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 12:47 AM

Nothing negative my friend.....

Well It kinda hurt my feelings when y’all said Tech would go to the AAC. bang

Just kidding btw.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 12:50 AM

Nope.

I'm an Aggie and damn proud of it. I don't give a crap about sports, I actually hated A&M football while I was there because Manziel was there, but I went for academics. It cracks me up when Tshirt fans are so wrapped up in football or some sport they dog an entire school and the alumni. A&M may not be the best football team but they have some of the best academic programs in the USA and world so running your mouth about Aggies in general when you didn't even go to the school you are obsessed with is pretty darn silly.

Congratulations your parents must be proud......

UT is pretty good academically, just saying.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 01:38 AM

Keep the Big 12 a live w Utah and Arizona as replacements, LOL

4 super Conferences inbound!

12 team playoff next

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 04:48 AM

School payouts per conference. These are rough estimates.
But what I found.

Big10. About 50 million per team
SEC. About 40 million per team.
Big 12. About 35 million per team.
PAC. About 30 million per team.
ACC About 22 million per team.
AAC. About 5 million per team.

That is a huge disparity. A couple of schools are really gonna get hit hard.

SEC teams are gonna wanna get to that 50 million number. I doubt anyone votes against it. If they do, they may be cut out next time.

Had a family get together tonight, caught up with nephew who goes to MIT. He thinks Big12 is trying to recruit two replacement teams. Houston or Memphis. They’re trying to keep the “big 12 brand”.
I told him a couple will bolt. Iowa State and WV in my opinion.

My neice a Baylor alumn said she got a generic email saying they are still in negotiations. But we both feel they have nowhere to go.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 04:55 AM

School payouts per conference. These are rough estimates.
But what I found.

Big10. About 50 million per team
SEC. About 40 million per team.
Big 12. About 35 million per team.
PAC. About 30 million per team.
ACC About 22 million per team.
AAC. About 5 million per team.

That is a huge disparity. A couple of schools are really gonna get hit hard.

SEC teams are gonna wanna get to that 50 million number. I doubt anyone votes against it. If they do, they may be cut out next time.

Had a family get together tonight, caught up with nephew who goes to MIT. He thinks Big12 is trying to recruit two replacement teams. Houston or Memphis. They’re trying to keep the “big 12 brand”.
I told him a couple will bolt. Iowa State and WV in my opinion.

My neice a Baylor alumn said she got a generic email saying they are still in negotiations. But we both feel they have nowhere to go.

Is that the UIL math kid?

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 05:20 AM

Yup. State champ.

He’s my statistician. He’s in sigma nu fraternity, he was unaware Bear Bryant was also a Sigma Nu.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 06:01 AM

Yup. State champ.

He’s my statistician. He’s in sigma nu fraternity, he was unaware Bear Bryant was also a Sigma Nu.

Thats good chet man. up

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 10:50 AM

Yup. State champ.

At OSU, the sigma nu's were the rich douche boys.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 02:28 PM

Where's Texas buckeye?

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 03:12 PM

Where's Texas buckeye?

Don’t know. But he’s missing a grand opportunity to tell everyone how the Big10 will fit in to this.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 03:13 PM

Maybe he’s embarrassed at the thought of taking Kansas.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 04:21 PM

Where's Texas buckeye?

Don’t know. But he’s missing a grand opportunity to tell everyone how the Big10 will fit in to this.

I know this has got me worried......

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 07:25 PM

Hey, z71.....

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 07:32 PM

Not an Aggie but would not be surprised if they have the last laugh once the Longhorns and Sooners have spent a couple of seasons in the SEC.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 07:35 PM

A mouthy worm (SA Hunter) vs the anti-American flag burner.......what an epic battle.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 07:45 PM

Not an Aggie but would not be surprised if they have the last laugh once the Longhorns and Sooners have spent a couple of seasons in the SEC.

That's fine with me all I want to see are big-time teams going at it.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 07:49 PM

A mouthy worm (SA Hunter) vs the anti-American flag burner.......what an epic battle.

I heard tech was going to join the Sun Belt Conference. Did you anything like that?

Dan and I have no beef.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 08:06 PM

Neither Texas or aTm are big time teams. That’s what you cannot register.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 08:14 PM

And there it is.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 08:29 PM

And there it is.

Honestly I can understand why you're mad at Texas and OU it's okay to be upset.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 09:15 PM

Your confused. I'm not mad, you've been our doorstep for many years.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 09:15 PM

Tomorrow 11am Et set your reminder.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 10:02 PM

Of course everyone is holding cards close to the vest. But Big10 will go after ND. I’ve even heard Big10 wants USC.

I can see BIG trying to make a big splash. Not settling for the leftovers. Ohio is pushing Cincy to BIG.

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 10:06 PM

Would ND have football in the Big 10 and everything else in the ACC?

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 10:07 PM

Could be wrong but I suspect Mike Leach smiled the first time he heard of the talks between UT, OU and the SEC.

Or maybe it was thoughts of the folks in Lubbock that gave him the biggest grin.

aim

Re: Big 12. - 07/25/21 11:04 PM

Of course everyone is holding cards close to the vest. But Big10 will go after ND. I’ve even heard Big10 wants USC.

I can see BIG trying to make a big splash. Not settling for the leftovers. Ohio is pushing Cincy to BIG.

I heard USC wasn't happy with the pac 12....... but that's one hell of a flight to big 10 country.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 03:16 AM

Saw this on Horns 247

The American Athletic Conference will be in "aggressive pursuit" of what's left of the Big 12 — including TCU, Texas Tech and Baylor — in the coming weeks, should Texas and Oklahoma successfully bolt for the SEC, the Houston Chronicle confirmed in a report published Saturday. The AAC is annually the most competitive Group of 5 league and has been represented in New Year's Six bowl games in recent years by Cincinnati, UCF and Memphis.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 03:22 AM

I think Big12 tries to pursue Cincinnati and maybe UCF or Memphis. But it’s failed without Texas/OU.

Baylor could very well end up in AAC. It would crush Tech to be in AAC or Mountain West.
TCU does have a rose bowl and a Heisman trophy winner, super bowl mvp. Couple of Hall of Famers.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 03:42 AM

I have heard absolutely nothing about K State.....

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 03:49 AM

Big 12 is offering more money to Texas, and OU.....

Per Horns 247

Despite a Big 12 executive committee meeting on Sunday that included Texas president Jay Hartzell and Oklahoma president Joe Harroz, Texas and OU are still expected to notify the Big 12 on Monday that the league's two founding members won't be renewing their grant of rights in the Big 12 when those rights expire at the end of the 2024-25 school year, a high-ranking source close to the situation told Horns247.

That notification is the first step in Texas and Oklahoma then being considered for admission to the Southeastern Conference, a process "that could move quickly," the source said.

The Big 12's executive committee met with Hartzell and Harroz on Sunday via videoconference to see what possible changes could be made to improve the league while Texas and OU are still in it, sources told Horns247.

One source close to the situation said Sunday's meeting was more of a "listening session" for Hartzell and Harroz as members of the executive committee talked about several things, including the possibility of an increased share of revenue for Texas and Oklahoma.

"Nothing was officially proposed - it was just conversation," the source said.

The members of the Big 12's executive committee in Sunday's meeting consisted of Texas Tech president Lawrence Shovanec, who is the Big 12 board of directors chairman, as well as Baylor president Linda Livingstone and Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 04:04 AM

I heard somewhere, don’t know if it is remotely true that Kansas and K State were bound to stay in the same conference.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 04:18 AM

This from an OSU writer:

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/what-merging-the-aac-and-big-12-might-look-like/

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 04:32 AM

I would like it better, if they dropped some of the dead weight, Tulsa, Tulane, Temple and pursued a Colorado State, Wyoming, AF.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 10:34 AM

Do not offer out or ut a dime to stay!

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 12:37 PM

Yes they can.................

A pretty much guaranteed conference title every year for one or the other!

Well......................

for blOwU anyway.

grin roflmao

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 12:51 PM

for blOwU anyway.

grin roflmao

Texas isn't staying, they want to go to the sec and give little brother noogies, and wedgies.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 12:56 PM

This is true. A bad day in the SEC is often not enough to get you over the likes of Kansas or Baylor. However, if there is division realignment, not having Alabama in your division is a big plus.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 12:57 PM

Why does UT think they deserve more money, what have they accomplished in the last 20 years? Seems that they just have a revolving door for coaching staffs.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Why does UT think they deserve more money, what have they accomplished in the last 20 years? Seems that they just have a revolving door for coaching staffs.

exactly.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 01:00 PM

exactly.

They aren't asking for more...... the big 12 is offering, but the train has already left the station. Be looking for announcements today.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 01:07 PM

The REAL football schools out there dont care who they play...... teams that have come, and will come in the future are ND, USC, LSU, Bama, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Michigan, Ohio St. Why is a&m so damn scared?

Really?
So why does UT then schedule one good team and two patsies for non-conference damn near every year then?
Come on man.
I mean if they hadn't have been scheduling at least one Cal, Notre Dame, LSU each year the strength of schedule would really be pathetic, wouldn't it?

UT has made a living on playing UTEP, Rice, New Mexico, etc each season in non conference and you know it.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 01:14 PM

It’s all speculation. Feel like this conversation needs a beer and a fire pit.

There is no telling what will happen. I think the advantage of TCU would be recent success, a few years back they won a Rose Bowl. Geographically, Ft worth would be a better setup than Lubbock.

Tech has a strong alumni base. The PAC has a history of anti Christian affiliations. Which would hurt TCU.

I agree
If Patterson had the athletes UT has had the past 10 years............... eek2

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 01:16 PM

Really?
So why does UT then schedule one good team and two patsies for non-conference damn near every year then?
Come on man.
I mean if they hadn't have been scheduling at least one Cal, Notre Dame, LSU each year the strength of schedule would really be pathetic, wouldn't it?

UT has made a living on playing UTEP, Rice, New Mexico, etc each season in non conference and you know it.

I'm giving you a big biden come on man!

I shouldn't have to explain this to you, I know you know your chet. Most teams play warm up non conference games.... you know this. They are tune up games for the regular season . Now when teams play a cupcake team in the middle of the conference schedule we'll thats a different story.....

Let's play football.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 01:25 PM

for blOwU anyway.

grin roflmao

Texas isn't staying, they want to go to the sec and give little brother noogies, and wedgies.

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Wouldn't have happened much these last few years and damn sure wouldn't happen this season and you know it.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 01:30 PM

You might be fine with it but have a couple of 5/6 win seasons and see how crazy the fans go.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 01:31 PM

I don't think the Pac-12 wants religious schools in their conference, you know and you know some would think those schools are pushing their religious beliefs on them.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 01:43 PM

You might be fine with it but have a couple of 5/6 win seasons and see how crazy the fans go.

Possibly, but I actually attend 7-8 games a season, and I like big games. There's a different feel to them. Plus I've been a season ticket holder since Charlie strong. I've seen too much losing, but we love college football. Win lose or draw i want to be entertained.

Hell we put our name in the hat for TCU away game ticket...... and all they do is kick Texas arse every year, but we'll be there if we can get tickets from the university.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 02:09 PM

If you are on a long drive or doing something that takes time, play this video and you'll see that what I've been saying about a&m kicking and screaming about not wanting Texas to play in the sec is real. The girl in the video is an aggy, and even though she is trying to be rational, well aggy is gonna aggy, but for the most part I like her stance on the whole situation.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 02:45 PM

Texas has officially notified the Big 12 that they do not plan on renewing TV rights.

Well that's the first Domino

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 02:51 PM

At the risk of sounding like a jerk............

UT has averaged 5.3 losses per season the last 10 years playing the Big 12 schedule they had.
5-6 the next couple years may not be all that bad playing an SEC schedule.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 03:03 PM

UT has averaged 5.3 losses per season the last 10 years playing the Big 12 schedule they had.

Then it should be like taking candy from a baby what is a&m scared of?

I think ole rolltide might be onto something....... Time will tell.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 03:30 PM

Then it should be like taking candy from a baby what is a&m scared of?

I think ole rolltide might be onto something....... Time will tell.

And if you think UT has been on the level of aTm the last couple years..........

I've got a deal for you on some land!

roflmao

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 03:32 PM

Then stop crying and play the games......... and let the chips fall where they may.

Is anyone else in the sec crying like a&m? Nope

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 03:47 PM

Then stop crying and play the games......... and let the chips fall where they may.

NOBODY else in the SEC is 2 hours away from aTm.

I for one am happy this game will now continue and IMO should NEVER have been stopped to begin with.
I'm pretty sure the only issue I see is for the recruiting of talent in Texas. I don't believe it has anything to do with not wanting to play UT because I'd bet if you asked any player, coach, or fan they will say they are glad it will finally happen again.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 04:24 PM

Nobody here including you and rolltide (sorry to be bearer of reality) are speaking for the schools athletic department or playing in said game.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 04:53 PM

scratch

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 04:53 PM

I have no allegiance to Texas or A&M.

Being in SEC has without question improved A&Ms football program, for a number of reasons.

Texas knows they can also improve in sec. Kids want to play in packed stadiums against historical footballl programs.

Big12 is a disaster without TX/OU. Big12 will see payouts plummet. The marketable ones need to bail.
They will try to keep the bug12 around. What else is the Big12 commissioner gonna do for a job. He has no choice to grab some scrubs or be unemployed.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 04:56 PM

I for one am happy this game will now continue and IMO should NEVER have been stopped to begin with.
I'm pretty sure the only issue I see is for the recruiting of talent in Texas. I don't believe it has anything to do with not wanting to play UT because I'd bet if you asked any player, coach, or fan they will say they are glad it will finally happen again.

Okay so afraid of competition in recruiting? Either way why would you fear competition?

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 05:01 PM

Rolltide and I rarely agree.... but 100% to what he just said. Texas is finishing up renovations on the stadium and facilities, Recruiting will improve, attendance will improve, Texas will have even more money coming in. This move may be what Texas needed to awake a sleeping giant. Time will tell.
Posted By: Ol Thumper

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 05:09 PM

I’m unbiased in this decision but I’m still flabbergasted at some peoples emotional feelings about college stuff. Im a retard and didnt go to college but my wife graduated from A&M and Texas and could care less but my daughter from LSU and Texas but she’s like going nuts over this stuff. I find it comical some people are freaking out including our daughter, I think she’s going to stroke out before the days over rofl

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 05:14 PM

I hope this is true!

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 05:17 PM

People are gonna lose their minds when SEC sends 5 teams to 12 team playoff.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 05:20 PM

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/greg...ns-the-south-plans-to-overthrow-the-ncaa

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 05:28 PM

Okay so afraid of competition in recruiting? Either way why would you fear competition?

Don't flatter yourself

Just don't wanna see more 4 & 5 star kids got to TU and flame out.

If that happens, you guys may not be able to beat Oregon St in a bowl game again. lmfao

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 05:31 PM

People are gonna lose their minds when SEC sends 5 teams to 12 team playoff.

They really shouldn't IMO

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 05:39 PM

You are living in the past SA. The roles have reversed. A&M has moved on. UT has floundered and is trying to follow in their footsteps. College football fans in texas are laughing at the longhorns right now trying to portray themselves as what they once were. Austin and UT have become the liberal stronghold of Texas. The Pacific Twelve, where UT can travel to liberal cities and play liberal schools like themselves would be a perfect fit for what UT has become.
The Sooners will be competitive where ever they decide to go.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 05:46 PM

You are living in the past SA. The roles have reversed. A&M has moved on. UT has floundered and is trying to follow in their footsteps. College football fans in texas are laughing at the longhorns right now trying to portray themselves as what they once were. Austin and UT have become the liberal stronghold of Texas. The Pacific Twelve, where UT can travel to liberal cities and play liberal schools like themselves would be a perfect fit for what UT has become.
The Sooners will be competitive where ever they decide to go.

If so, why not just accept it and play the games? Everyone can talk all we want but at the end of the day, games are played on the field. Strap it up, and get after it! Let's go! texas

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 05:46 PM

[Linked Image]
Sorry SA this was just to funny

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 06:39 PM

This is what I’m not going to just accept. Their are a lot of folks just like me that want no part of doing anything to generate revenue or support anything else that Austin and UT now stand for.
[Linked Image]

On the other hand there are a bevy of cities and universities on the west coast full of people that think just like that and are more than happy to support it. Hence a much better fit.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 06:50 PM

Nobody here including you and rolltide (sorry to be bearer of reality) are speaking for the schools athletic department or playing in said game.

scratch

You act like you and that fella are about to break the huddle.
roflmao

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 07:04 PM

I take it everyone is still holding their cards close (or slipping a few under the table) or did I miss a big news announcement earlier today?

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 07:04 PM

scratch

roflmao

Either you have passion for the sport or you don't.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 07:06 PM

I take it everyone is still holding their cards close or did I miss a big news announcement?

Texas, and OU notified the big12 that they are out as of 2025. Waiting on the sec to make their move.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 07:08 PM

I take it everyone is still holding their cards close or did I miss a big news announcement?

Texas, and OU notified the big12 that they are out as of 2025. Waiting on the sec to make their move.

up

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 07:10 PM

Well I’m pointing out your assertion that The aggies are scared to play football. Which is a load of turds. Conference realignment has a lot of consequences. Football is a small part of it. Regardless anyone here advocating for or against anything doesn’t mean it represents the university being discussed. Just a friendly reminder.

Heck if this was about sports Baylor won a naty this years…..

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 07:19 PM

Well I’m pointing out your assertion that The aggies are scared to play football. Which is a load of turds. Conference realignment has a lot of consequences. Football is a small part of it. Regardless anyone here advocating for or against anything doesn’t mean it represents the university being discussed. Just a friendly reminder.

Heck if this was about sports Baylor won a naty this years…..

If you don't think this is about football then you are sorely mistaken, and I can't help you

Texas A&M's Ross Bjork, Jimbo Fisher react to report
During SEC Media Days Wednesday, Bjork said he was unaware of either Texas or Oklahoma expressing interest in joining the SEC.

“We want to be the only SEC team from the state of Texas," Bjork said, according to Sports Illustrated's Ross Dellenger.

Bjork went on to say the Aggies left the Big 12 to "stand-alone and have our own identity."

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 07:20 PM

scratch

roflmao

As I've stated before, SA is the guy who never stepped on a football field in his life (more likely any field of atheltic competition), except when waving his orange and white pom poms. He lives vicariously through people who have actually done something, which is why he is perpetually running his mouth about the 'horns and attempting to be relevant. He has very little to actually offer.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 07:24 PM

My bets are on talks going on between the SEC and A&M brass over what may have been a gentleman's agreement that A&M would be the only Texas team in the conference.

I can see A&M only being concerned with the impact on their recruiting. The Aggies have been in the conference long enough not to worry too much about those outside of it, especially when Alabama is on your conference schedule every year.

How funny it would be if the SEC would opt for OU and OSU. IMO, the chemistry of those two is more compatible with the rest of the SEC. Leave Texas for the Pac-12. Heck, the folks in Austin are more like those on the Worst Coast and many of them have already moved there. Yes, make them feel more at home.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 07:28 PM

scratch

roflmao

As I've stated before, SA is the guy who never stepped on a football field in his life (more likely any field of atheltic competition), except when waving his orange and white pom poms. He lives vicariously through people who have actually done something, which is why he is perpetually running his mouth about the 'horns and attempting to be relevant. He has very little to actually offer.

Thats a weak, old, and lame argument.........

Your hate for Texas brings you here.......

While you are here give us an update on your schools position...... you know bring something to the table, instead of talking about Texas all the time.... rent free 24/7
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 07:36 PM

Recruiting will improve, attendance will improve, . . . .

Can any of it get any worse?

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone

Lol, whats up Hud. I was wondering where you were. Still waiting for Texas Buckeye..... has anyone seen him lately?

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 08:39 PM

Lol, whats up Hud. I was wondering where you were. Still waiting for Texas Buckeye..... has anyone seen him lately?

Let’s see if I can get Texas Buckeye.

You know, Ohio State has only won 2 National Championships in the last 50 years.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 08:42 PM

While you are here give us an update on your schools position...... you know bring something to the table, instead of talking about Texas all the time.... rent free 24/7

Only in your fantasy world. You can only wish you were a 'horn, you poor pathetic t-shirt fan. Congrats.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 09:01 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TSU99

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 09:09 PM

THANK YOU!! Texas is ALWAYS "back" at this beginning of the season. Then get stopped along the way as the season progresses.
Posted By: Wilhunt

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 09:20 PM

scratch

roflmao

You mean SA is acting like a fan of football? What is wrong with that? Stay with them SA!

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 09:40 PM

Let’s see if I can get Texas Buckeye.

You know, Ohio State has only won 2 National Championships in the last 50 years.

Let me see if I can help out, fun fact, did you know Ohio State and Texas have the same amount of national championships in football from 2005 to present.......

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 09:42 PM

Only in your fantasy world. You can only wish you were a 'horn, you poor pathetic t-shirt fan. Congrats.

Well thank you sir, you are too kind.

Enough about me let's talk about your football team what are y'all going to do?

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Wilhunt
[quote=S.A. hunter]Then stop crying and play the games......... and let the chips fall where they may.

scratch

roflmao

You mean SA is acting like a fan of football? What is wrong with that? Stay with them SA!

[/quote]

LOL, I think it burns them up that I don't go away.......

Their hate for Texas amuses me.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 10:51 PM

It’s just college football talk. Some people get way worked up.
College football is a fun topic. Lots of fans and lots of haters. Everyone is welcome in college football talk.

Unless your team goes to the AAU.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 10:57 PM

Third paragraph lol

https://www.espn.com/college-sports...-shrum-blasts-oklahoma-sooners-statement

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 11:11 PM

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMd7jAApm/

I think this guy covers everything objectively.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 11:47 PM

It needed to happen, but like I said before. The way they went about it was harsh.

That being said, I will enjoy the games.

Re: Big 12. - 07/26/21 11:49 PM

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMd7jAApm/

I think this guy covers everything objectively.

I never realized religious schools are a turn off.....

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 12:15 AM

Rumor is Florida State is talking to SEC.

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 12:32 AM

If so, who else to keep it even?

Or just kick out Vandy and be done w it

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 12:35 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 12:41 AM

If that’s true. I would Guess Miami.

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 12:50 AM

Vandy the National champions in baseball and great academic school? No way.
Posted By: Walkabout

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 12:59 AM

Let’s try not to get too carried away over a football game. It’s two Texas schools and one game. In 1999 while building the BON FIRE before the Texas game, there was a collapse of the structure killing 12 TAMU students and injuring many more. After the tragedy, Texas alumni, players and students stood shoulder to shoulder with their brothers and sisters at TAMU. It was a helluva site to see. Let’s at least try to keep just a little perspective in place for two excellent programs.

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 01:01 AM

Well thank you sir, you are too kind.

Enough about me let's talk about your football team what are y'all going to do?

You're welcome. The truth is a hard pill to swallow for wannabe's.

Who knows what Tech will do. Hopefully the Big 12 will recruit a couple of decent replacements. Truth be told, TTU football (and professional sports for that matter) is way down on my list of priorities.

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 01:05 AM

Arch Manning has entered this SEC restructuring.
He’s looking at 10 million NIL.

He’s down to Texas, Bama and Ole Miss, Clemson. Clemson probably in last place.
I always thought he would stay SEC.

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 01:08 AM

Arch Manning has entered this SEC restructuring.
He’s looking at 10 million NIL.

He’s down to Texas, Bama and Ole Miss, Clemson. Clemson probably in last place.
I always thought he would stay SEC.

Apparently he has a good rapport with Sark. Fingers crossed

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 01:09 AM

Vandy the National champions in baseball and great academic school? No way.

You’re prob right just thinking of $$$$ schools

Either add or get rid of and I’d think Vandy would be on the short list of they don’t add

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 01:14 AM

If SEC could get rid of anyone it would be Mizzou.

If they vote against the expansion, they will probably be on the short list to leave next.

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 01:15 AM

If SEC could get rid of anyone it would be Mizzou.

If they vote against the expansion, they will probably be on the short list to leave next.

Do you think anyone will vote no?

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 01:19 AM

A&M and Mizzou are rumored to vote no.
No idea why Mizzou would be against it.

They are trying to convince Arkansas.

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 01:22 AM

I was hearing that everyone would fall in line and vote yes. This should be interesting

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 01:27 AM

This is like Biden getting elected

Everybody knows it’s crooked but it gone happen

They’re in guys

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 12:29 PM

LOL, I think it burns them up that I don't go away.......

Their hate for Texas amuses me.

You do know that I have absolutely no hate for UT and in fact I always pull for them unless they are playing aTm.
In fact, before a lot of cash went from my acct to college station for 4 years, I always pulled for the team with the best record to win that rivalry so that just maybe that team would end up winning something bigger and much better.

I wouldn't live in Austin if I was given the best property and house there. It would be sold within a week I can promise you that!!! lmao

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 12:32 PM

College football is a fun topic. Lots of fans and lots of haters. Everyone is welcome in college football talk.

lmao

Exactly right.
No different than HSFB talk in TX on one of the forums. Some people just get to emotional.....end of story.
It's all about the fun of it. Hell, I love going to tailgate parties and just mixing it up with the other team's fans. It is the best part of the day and you meet some great people from all over.

The funny part about some of the people who get all worked up and pissed off and emotional, they actually don't even have any real ties to their team like even attending that school themselves much less playing there at one point. lmao That is the dumbest part about all the morons out there that wear the pro sports gear and put it all over their damn vehicles. WTH............

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 12:35 PM

FL will fight that tooth and nail

Ah hell, why not just bring in Ohio St, Notre Dame, and Clemson and l let all the rest of the teams drop down to Div II & Div III. Just have the best 20 teams in teh SEC and be done with it. lol

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 12:44 PM

Ah hell, why not just bring in Ohio St, Notre Dame, and Clemson and l let all the rest of the teams drop down to Div II & Div III. Just have the best 20 teams in teh SEC and be done with it. lol

Anyone watch college football live yesterday?

The one guy that said the pac 12, big 10, and the aac should go to the justice department and complain that the sec is creating a monopoly..........

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 12:45 PM

The one guy that said the pac 12, big 10, and the aac should go to the justice department and complain that the sec is creating a monopoly..........

Jay Bilas also said the SEC and ACC should merge into one super conference, but I imagine he said that for the clicks.

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 01:41 PM

There is alot of talk right now. Most is just talk and speculation.

But I guarantee everyone is discussing it. From conference presidents weighing expansion and who. To the schools trying to improve their position.

I think this will continue to evolve. Only the poor schools are stuck.
I think Big12 tries to add some spare teams and it fails.

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 02:02 PM

Jay Bilas also said the SEC and ACC should merge into one super conference, but I imagine he said that for the clicks.

Meh............
There are several in there that would get the snot kicked out of them constantly in the SEC. lol
Posted By: railbird

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 05:10 PM

Is Texas really guilty of hogging revenue and bullying other schools? Read this link for TRUTH

https://twitter.com/daggaroosta/status/1419711916994449413

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 05:38 PM

Can you say “Longhorn Network”?

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 05:41 PM

lmao

Exactly right.
No different than HSFB talk in TX on one of the forums. Some people just get to emotional.....end of story.
It's all about the fun of it. Hell, I love going to tailgate parties and just mixing it up with the other team's fans. It is the best part of the day and you meet some great people from all over.

The funny part about some of the people who get all worked up and pissed off and emotional, they actually don't even have any real ties to their team like even attending that school themselves much less playing there at one point. lmao That is the dumbest part about all the morons out there that wear the pro sports gear and put it all over their damn vehicles. WTH............

every OU fan in the country.

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 05:58 PM

Yes, blame Texas because ESPN didn't want anyone else.

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 06:10 PM

You mean THE LHN that a-m turned down when they were offered a part? THE LHN that they turned down because they thought it was too much money to invest in and that they thought they were making enough in tier rights?

Then in typical fashion, when a-m saw the huge contract that UT got from ESPN they screamed and cried that the big bully wasn't being fair and that they deserved part of that revenue!

I'm thinking I should go to a-m and learn how to get huge money from blue chip stocks without actually investing in them lol!

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 06:11 PM

lmao

Exactly right.

I'm on this forum too, you know.

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Choctaw

lmao

Exactly right.

I'm on this forum too, you know.

Hey there you are Choctaw are you getting as much hate as Texas is getting over there?

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 08:32 PM

As a Texas alum, it's amazing how strongly some schools feel that Texas should prop them up into perpetuity. At some point, they need to be accountable for their own future. Why is it expected that Texas and OU have to be the big brother to the rest of the Big 12? If Tech and OSU didn't have subpar academic standards, they would almost certainly be invited to the Pac 12. Baylor and TCU can't even fill up their small stadiums, so nobody wants them. KU is the worst Power 5 football program and KSU has the feel of a Juco. Why is Texas (and OU) responsible for all of their shortcomings? The Big 12 has been the 3rd best conference for a while now, but the majority of the teams are not contributing to the bottom line financially. I readily admit that Texas has been subpar over the last 10 years, but even a very disappointing 8-3 season last year was better than 7 other teams in the conference.

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Gringo Bling
As a Texas alum, it's amazing how strongly some schools feel that Texas should prop them up into perpetuity. At some point, they need to be accountable for their own future. Why is it expected that Texas and OU have to be the big brother to the rest of the Big 12? If Tech and OSU didn't have subpar academic standards, they would almost certainly be invited to the Pac 12. Baylor and TCU can't even fill up their small stadiums, so nobody wants them. KU is the worst Power 5 football program and KSU has the feel of a Juco. Why is Texas (and OU) responsible for all of their shortcomings? The Big 12 has been the 3rd best conference for a while now, but the majority of the teams are not contributing to the bottom line financially. I readily admit that Texas has been subpar over the last 10 years, but even a very disappointing 8-3 season last year was better than 7 other teams in the conference.

Great post all the way around!

And to be honest, it is a really good thing to be a fan of a team that you are disappointed in an 8-3 season because it just shows how good a program has been and the expectation for it to be even better.

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 09:00 PM

Why'd they put themselves in this position?

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 10:19 PM

Why did Texas put themselves in this position? Largely geography (and BS politicians) put Texas in the conference, just like geography placed most schools in the conference they're in. And then when ESPN came calling with the LHN, it was an offer they couldn't refuse at that time (and no other school would have either). In the short term, Texas will be giving up $76mm in Big 12 TV money and close to $200mm in LHN money. Easy to say Texas is all about the money, but they aren't doing this deal for the money (at least not over the next 5-10 years). And they're clearly not doing it for an easy schedule. They're doing it because Big 12 attendance sucks at most schools, the conference Fox 11 a.m. kickoffs are absurd for obvious reasons, recruiting has suffered across the league, and the new TV deal that the Big 12 was trying to negotiate was not going well. And a package deal of Texas and OU is more valuable than the sum of the parts, so the timing makes perfect sense (even if it caught almost everyone off guard).

Re: Big 12. - 07/27/21 10:21 PM

Solid question. Who created the dumpster fire?

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 12:33 AM

How accurate is this?

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 12:37 AM

Texas should be most hated....................

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 12:38 AM

That’s exactly what a biased person would say.

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 01:29 AM

That’s exactly what a biased person would say.

Victim card

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 01:46 AM

Aggie is most hated. I cannot stand those arrogant expletives for the most part. Only a couple I tolerate lol.

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 01:58 AM

I'd take ATM over Texas any day.

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by 2Beez

Aggie is most hated. I cannot stand those arrogant expletives for the most part. Only a couple I tolerate lol.

Prefers fags over farmers. Not surprised. Not surprised at all actually.

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 02:20 AM

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 02:21 AM

X-2 Gringo.

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 03:06 AM

LMAO.....

Do you know what the aggys do to the sheep out there.... all I'm saying is there are pics floating around out there.

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 12:27 PM

I don’t wanna know what you’re googling

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 01:36 PM

All you guys know hows this goes - An Aggie and a Teasip went to a sheep farm up near Mason. They were checking fences when they found a ewe with her head stuck in the wire net. The Aggie took control of the situation and went after that there sheep. Upon completion, the Aggie asked the Teasip if he wanted some. The immediate response, "Do I have to put my head in the fence?".
Posted By: A.B.

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 01:37 PM

Tap the brakes, we aint that bad.

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 01:59 PM

LMAO.....

Do you know what the aggys do to the sheep out there.... all I'm saying is there are pics floating around out there.

Showing your ignorance towards agriculture in big here.
Sorry, college station is big time cow country....not goat or sheep.
You must be thinking Smithson Valley I guess. Do you live in SV by chance? roflmao

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 02:00 PM

All you guys know hows this goes - An Aggie and a Teasip went to a sheep farm up near Mason. They were checking fences when they found a ewe with her head stuck in the wire net. The Aggie took control of the situation and went after that there sheep. Upon completion, the Aggie asked the Teasip if he wanted some. The immediate response, "Do I have to put my head in the fence?".

roflmao cheers

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 02:03 PM

Iluvbigbuck, pics don't lie.....

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 02:06 PM

Why would you even look at the type of photos you are trying to describe?

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 02:13 PM

Why would you even look at the type of photos you are trying to describe?

Lol, I wish I would of never seen them...... but someone posted them on this forum!

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 03:57 PM

This is outstanding!!!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1420221250991968257

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by railbird

Lol, that's why I was asking how to get a Twitter video on here. Pure greatness!

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by railbird

LOL!

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 04:03 PM

Lmao

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 04:05 PM

When I saw it this morning at 8 it had 20,000 views it has gone viral! Kudos to whoever made it.

Re: Big 12. - 07/28/21 09:45 PM

Yes, it's obvious many in the UT crowd are doing their best to use Psychological Deflection to hide their previous reactions to both Arkansas and Texas A&M moving to the SEC. They are very much like the one now wanting to bust the party after telling everyone it would be a total waste of time.

Time will tell, but they may be better off staying where they have a better shot at getting their program back on the rails.

Re: Big 12. - 07/29/21 04:27 AM

eek2

[Linked Image]

Re: Big 12. - 07/29/21 09:34 PM

SEC just voted unanimous to take UT/OU into the conference starting July 2025.

Re: Big 12. - 07/29/21 09:36 PM

up

Re: Big 12. - 07/29/21 09:41 PM

up

Hook 'Em!

Re: Big 12. - 07/29/21 09:49 PM

Crazy if the AAC takes the remaining Big 12 teams. Not sure why they would agree to that given 4 more years of Big 12 TV money vs AAC TV money.

Re: Big 12. - 07/29/21 10:07 PM

Huge step down for the remaining big12 teams to go to the AAC. Huge step down.

Something will happen before then. I guarantee the majority of those schools will not go to the AAC.

Re: Big 12. - 07/29/21 10:14 PM

Something will happen before then. I guarantee the majority of those schools will not go to the AAC.

About damn time TB

Re: Big 12. - 07/29/21 10:46 PM

About damn time TB

Yay

Re: Big 12. - 07/29/21 10:56 PM

That's quite a while to be seen as lame ducks.

Re: Big 12. - 07/29/21 10:58 PM

2022 is the real number

Re: Big 12. - 07/29/21 11:04 PM

2022 is the real number

Hopefully division realignment will come next.

Re: Big 12. - 07/29/21 11:40 PM

2022 is the real number

2025 is when the contract expires, I’m sure if a buyout is an option it will happen.

Re: Big 12. - 07/29/21 11:46 PM

2022 is the real number

2025 is when the contract expires, I’m sure if a buyout is an option it will happen.

Apparently the hundred and fifty million dollars ESPN still owes Texas for the Longhorn Network will pay the buyout for both Texas and Oklahoma

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 02:33 AM

Don't bet money on the 2025 number.

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 02:42 AM

About damn time TB

SA you have me confused here…about time for what?

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 02:44 AM

About damn time TB

Showing up to this thread.

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 02:46 AM

About damn time TB

Lol, you were AWOL for a good while there. RT, and I tried our best to pull you in.

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 02:52 AM

Gotcha. I been a little crazy busy lately. Life has not stopped and neither has my schedule.

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 02:55 AM

You missed my comment that Ohio State only has 2 NCs in the last 50 years. One less than OU.

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 02:59 AM

You missed my comment that Ohio State only has 2 NCs in the last 50 years. One less than OU.

Thats ok, most ohio state fans claim the 2012 season since we were undefeated that year and the stupid ncaa kept us out, similar to the way bama claims about 7 of the natties they claim…is it fun having near half your natties as self proclaimed? Something UCF and bama have in common i guess roflmao

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 09:47 PM

Predicting UT’s journey through the SEC using only Matthew McConaughey GIFs

https://www.goodbullhunting.com/202...7_WGUmN7BAfVTBzZ9HZVNambLG1j59uHYe3mijfU

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 09:55 PM

Now that is funny!

Should be pretty much a similar circle for choklahoma too…welcome to mediocrity sooner nation

I would say that for longhorn nation too, but they been there a long time now roflmao

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 10:17 PM

Now that is funny!

Should be pretty much a similar circle for choklahoma too…welcome to mediocrity sooner nation

I would say that for longhorn nation too, but they been there a long time now roflmao

Big 10 should take us and we'll revive the Nebraska rivalry.

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 10:40 PM

I heard today if Big12 dissolves, ESPN does not have to
Pay 1.06 billion dollar contract.

Big12 is accusing ESPN of pushing 3 unknown teams to AAC.

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 11:22 PM

I heard today if Big12 dissolves, ESPN does not have to
Pay 1.06 billion dollar contract.

Big12 is accusing ESPN of pushing 3 unknown teams to AAC.

If I heard correctly, if the big 12 loses one more school ot won't have enough teams to fulfill their end of the contract and Texas and OU would be released from the contract.

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 11:25 PM

Now thats a conspiracy theory. Wouldn’t shock me one bit to have espn pushing teams around to better their product sooner rather than 2025.

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 11:29 PM

Now thats a conspiracy theory. Wouldn’t shock me one bit to have espn pushing teams around to better their product sooner rather than 2025.

Texas is gonna pay to get out. They will be in the sec come 2022.

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 11:44 PM

Thats a bold prediction SA…we’ll see. Its only gonna hurt texas. Less patsies to beat and more losses will be a lot to overcome

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 11:54 PM

They are gonna use the 150 million ESPN still owes them for the Longhorn Network to pay both OU and their buyout.

Also its interesting to see everyone's concern with Texas losing........ When usually everyone is pulling for them to lose.

Re: Big 12. - 07/30/21 11:57 PM

There is no concern from me. I been laughing the whole way down the longhorn spiral to mediocrity.

I am just pointing out the sooner they get into the sec, the more losses they will have. I know you think NIL woll make up for mediocre records, and we will see on that. But who wants to go make some money at a mid tier school rather than go to a top tier, make some money and win?

Texas will be recruiting the athletes only in it for themselves, and those dont make a good team and you need a good team to win championships.

Re: Big 12. - 07/31/21 12:28 AM

Just a thought.

I think Texas has an older fan base. I’m slightly concerned with Austin, liberalism they may go the way of USC and Cal and put 50k in their stands. I’m talking in 10 plus years.

Re: Big 12. - 07/31/21 12:30 AM

Just a thought.

I think Texas has an older fan base. I’m slightly concerned with Austin, liberalism they may go the way of USC and Cal and put 50k in their stands. I’m talking in 10 plus years.

No way man

Re: Big 12. - 07/31/21 12:43 AM

They keep getting the student base they are now and it will become a very absent student section…remember football is a classic example of misogyny, imperialism, colonialism, and white supremacy over black athletes who are essentially slaves to a system. Woke students mean less crowds

Esp when you dont win but 5 games a year bolt
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum