Forums46
Topics538,021
Posts9,731,919
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features #7905280 07/19/20 03:25 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
First look, unboxing, set up and full breakdown of the new Reveal by Tactacam! This camera is super easy to set up. Takes awesome quality pictures and video. Cost is 99.00 on amazon, data plan for unlimited data is super affordable. So far I can’t say enough good things about this Cell Camera!

See for yourself!

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7905329 07/19/20 05:55 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I think you missed it on this video. Couple of things, we all know how to read a manual and set up a game cam. I don’t need you explaining that to me.
Second, wash your car. The dirt all over your car was very distracting and made me ask what kind of slob makes a video with such a dirty car when the hood is a prop used in the video.
Third, don’t put the mail key in your mouth. That’s disgusting and if I lived in your neighborhood I would be grossed out big time. If I wanted to kiss you I would, but I don’t need your slobber all over the package mail key (I have a feeling that number 10 key might actually be your mailbox, not sure, and if it is, the video shows you opening the lock with one key and pulling out two package keys, so I am not sure and just going to stick with it isn’t your key)
Fourth, I would really love to see the pics at night with that camera so close to the feeder on high flash setting. I suspect you will get a lot of white out. If there are any animals that come to the water trough, they will def be washed out by the high flash setting.
Fifth, would have really liked to see some actual pictures during the night time from the camera. Day pics are hard to mess up. It’s at night when a camera shines.
Sixth, what is that rack around your Jeep for? I see them from time to time on all the urban off roaders on the dfw streets and I always have wondered what the heck they were for? Inalways thought they looked pretentious and “trying too hard”
Seventh, see number six above, that was basically the whole video summed up in a nutshell. I understand the “need” to give sponsors their time, but seriously this video gives the sponsor nothing of substance. Who cares about setting up a camera. Show the thing in action from day time to night time, to day video to night video, show the cell and how well it works and talk about signal, speed of transmission, battery life and solar capabilities (those batteries will get drained quickly if you have any activity) talk about sensitivity, over sensitivity, under sensitivity (you do that by comparing pictures from similarly placed cameras of different brands and looking at the pics taken) and picture quality with movement. That’s the stuff people want to see from a new camera. Not how to set the thing up.

I get you were excited to try this out and get it up. But dang, just like your shooting videos, you seemed to blow the wad too early on this one and made a “review” video with nothing in the review. Talk about a a waste of time. I really wanted to see what the camera is capable of, instead I got dirty jeeps and keys in the mouth.

Don’t label a video a full breakdown when all it shows is the unboxing (thought that part was terrible btw) and setting it up. Total mischaracterization.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Texas buckeye] #7906362 07/20/20 05:28 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
I think you missed it on this video. Couple of things, we all know how to read a manual and set up a game cam. I don’t need you explaining that to me.
Second, wash your car. The dirt all over your car was very distracting and made me ask what kind of slob makes a video with such a dirty car when the hood is a prop used in the video.
Third, don’t put the mail key in your mouth. That’s disgusting and if I lived in your neighborhood I would be grossed out big time. If I wanted to kiss you I would, but I don’t need your slobber all over the package mail key (I have a feeling that number 10 key might actually be your mailbox, not sure, and if it is, the video shows you opening the lock with one key and pulling out two package keys, so I am not sure and just going to stick with it isn’t your key)
Fourth, I would really love to see the pics at night with that camera so close to the feeder on high flash setting. I suspect you will get a lot of white out. If there are any animals that come to the water trough, they will def be washed out by the high flash setting.
Fifth, would have really liked to see some actual pictures during the night time from the camera. Day pics are hard to mess up. It’s at night when a camera shines.
Sixth, what is that rack around your Jeep for? I see them from time to time on all the urban off roaders on the dfw streets and I always have wondered what the heck they were for? Inalways thought they looked pretentious and “trying too hard”
Seventh, see number six above, that was basically the whole video summed up in a nutshell. I understand the “need” to give sponsors their time, but seriously this video gives the sponsor nothing of substance. Who cares about setting up a camera. Show the thing in action from day time to night time, to day video to night video, show the cell and how well it works and talk about signal, speed of transmission, battery life and solar capabilities (those batteries will get drained quickly if you have any activity) talk about sensitivity, over sensitivity, under sensitivity (you do that by comparing pictures from similarly placed cameras of different brands and looking at the pics taken) and picture quality with movement. That’s the stuff people want to see from a new camera. Not how to set the thing up.

I get you were excited to try this out and get it up. But dang, just like your shooting videos, you seemed to blow the wad too early on this one and made a “review” video with nothing in the review. Talk about a a waste of time. I really wanted to see what the camera is capable of, instead I got dirty jeeps and keys in the mouth.

Don’t label a video a full breakdown when all it shows is the unboxing (thought that part was terrible btw) and setting it up. Total mischaracterization.

Its a Jeep, its going to get dirty... And its going to get dirty every time I take it out, not a daily driver, so I rinse the mud off of it but the mud stains stay as I don't scrub it down. The video was a full breakdown and set up.. Which means break it down the settings and how to set it up.. Sorry if you didn't get that from the title, and I mislead. Will post night pictures later as I have some now. This was not meant to be a full review video but a breakdown and set up video..

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7906365 07/20/20 05:31 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

For me I put that rack on to carry things on, Mostly large coolers, and even a small predator platform that sits onto it. I use it pretty often since its not a pick up truck to throw stuff in the back. It holds 400 lbs driving and 600 white standing still.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7906366 07/20/20 05:35 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Note, these are the low quality ones being sent to my cell phone.. The ones on the camera are 24MP and 6x the detail

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 07/20/20 05:38 AM.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7906482 07/20/20 12:48 PM
D
Deersteaks Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Thanks for the info, I have been looking into getting a couple of those ! What do you mean by super affordable if I may ask ?

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Deersteaks] #7906489 07/20/20 12:53 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Deersteaks
Thanks for the info, I have been looking into getting a couple of those ! What do you mean by super affordable if I may ask ?

The unlimited data is 13.00 a month

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7906543 07/20/20 01:49 PM
pertnear Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Thanks for the good info & camera pictures. I'm not a cell phone fanatic & consider them a necessary evil, but here is my question. Do you have to have AT&T as a carrier to use one of these types of cameras? TIA...

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.” - George Orwell
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7906639 07/20/20 03:12 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
See that’s what I am talking about. A good unboxing/set up video would describe those couple of questions.

Joe, I appreciate you keeping up with it and I really am trying to help you and give you ideas of how to think about videos and what content to put in them. I am not criticizing just to criticize.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7907770 07/21/20 12:59 PM
J
jrfan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
I am interested, but I do have a few questions regarding the data plan. The ad on Amazon says $13/month for unlimited data. Is this something I have to set up on my own, or can I create an account after I purchase the camera? If I have to arrange my own service, is there another version of the camera other than Verizon? I did not see any other Tactacam cameras for ATT or another provider. Is the OP affiliated with or sponsored by Tactacam?

[Linked Image]
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: pertnear] #7908207 07/21/20 07:27 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by pertnear
Thanks for the good info & camera pictures. I'm not a cell phone fanatic & consider them a necessary evil, but here is my question. Do you have to have AT&T as a carrier to use one of these types of cameras? TIA...

They sell them in ATT or verizon, but they do not use your phone. It is done thru Tactacam. they have the plans set up and you pay them.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: jrfan] #7908210 07/21/20 07:29 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jrfan
I am interested, but I do have a few questions regarding the data plan. The ad on Amazon says $13/month for unlimited data. Is this something I have to set up on my own, or can I create an account after I purchase the camera? If I have to arrange my own service, is there another version of the camera other than Verizon? I did not see any other Tactacam cameras for ATT or another provider. Is the OP affiliated with or sponsored by Tactacam?

When you buy the camera, you then set up the data plan thru the app. You buy the ATT or verizon camera and that is what service it uses. You pay tactacam and they have the contract.. so no contracts or set ups that you have to deal with.

Once you add a camera on the app, you will scan the QR code on the camera, the app does the rest. then you choose your data plan for that camera thru the app.

All very point and click simple.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Texas buckeye] #7908212 07/21/20 07:29 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
See that’s what I am talking about. A good unboxing/set up video would describe those couple of questions.

Joe, I appreciate you keeping up with it and I really am trying to help you and give you ideas of how to think about videos and what content to put in them. I am not criticizing just to criticize.

I know you are, and thank you for the info.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7908929 07/22/20 01:58 PM
D
DirtNapTET Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Been thinking about getting a cell cam for a couple years now. Believe I'm gonna give this one a shot.

Thanks for the info!

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7909338 07/22/20 06:45 PM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
If I have ATT cell (ATT doesn't work @ the lease), & buy a Verizon version (Verizon does work @ the lease), how do I get/look @ the pics?

Last edited by LFD2037; 07/22/20 06:46 PM.

R.I.P. CPO Matt Mills-(DEVGRU)- You will NEVER be forgotten!
10-25-75 / 8-6-11 *K.I.A.*
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7909345 07/22/20 06:51 PM
J
jrfan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted by DirtNapTET
Been thinking about getting a cell cam for a couple years now. Believe I'm gonna give this one a shot.

Thanks for the info!

Well, everywhere I have looked is sold out. I don't even see the ATT version on Amazon. The Verizon on Amazon says its unavailable now.

Last edited by jrfan; 07/22/20 06:53 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: jrfan] #7909433 07/22/20 07:56 PM
D
DirtNapTET Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Yep, sounds about right. 2020

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: LFD2037] #7909460 07/22/20 08:16 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by LFD2037
If I have ATT cell (ATT doesn't work @ the lease), & buy a Verizon version (Verizon does work @ the lease), how do I get/look @ the pics?

If you do not have cell service you will have to treat it like a regular trail camera and pull the card.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: jrfan] #7909462 07/22/20 08:17 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DirtNapTET

Thanks for the info!

Well, everywhere I have looked is sold out. I don't even see the ATT version on Amazon. The Verizon on Amazon says its unavailable now.

They are selling so fast Amazon cannot keep up with inventory.. They have plenty but its getting them logged into the system.

I saw online that Whitetail of America has Verizon versions available and in stock.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7909471 07/22/20 08:24 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
The camera uses a signal to send to tactacam, and then the app sends to your phone. But the camera type that works best for your service area, it does not have to be the same service your phone uses.

That’s pretty much the way all cell cameras work these days.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Texas buckeye] #7909494 07/22/20 08:39 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
The camera uses a signal to send to tactacam, and then the app sends to your phone. But the camera type that works best for your service area, it does not have to be the same service your phone uses.

That is correct. Tactacam has the plan not you, and you pay Tactacam for the usage of the data. You choose ATT or Verizon which ever is best signal in your area.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7909570 07/22/20 09:35 PM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L

Originally Posted by jtprocaddie

That is correct. Tactacam has the plan not you, and you pay Tactacam for the usage of the data. You choose ATT or Verizon which ever is best signal in your area.

So if I get a Verizon camera, they’ll send the pics to my ATT phone?

R.I.P. CPO Matt Mills-(DEVGRU)- You will NEVER be forgotten!
10-25-75 / 8-6-11 *K.I.A.*
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7909590 07/22/20 09:45 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Yes, the camera is simply the cell service used to send the data back to tactacam. Tactacam then has their web based service you can use WiFi, your cell signal, or whatever to pick up off the web to look at the pics via the app.

It’s kind of like any other app like FB, Twitter, thf, a web based service is used to “store the data” on the web and you access the pic however you want. How the data gets to the web is best served by whatever service is best in the area your camera will be. The best two are ATT and Verizon, so most cell cameras are not really true “cell cameras” anymore, they are really web based app cameras. But that gets too chunky to say so they just say “cellular camera”

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7909654 07/22/20 10:42 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
That is because the company makes money two ways now, selling the camera and selling a data package.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Texas buckeye] #7910118 07/23/20 12:28 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

Just wondering...….
Did you wake up mad the morning of this reply?
roflmao

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7910120 07/23/20 12:33 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
jtprocaddie, the pics it sent to your phone look very good for sure and it looks like a nice camera.

What batteries does it take?
What is the apprx battery life?
Has this camera been set up side by side next to 2 or 3 of the other leading cameras on the market to compare how it performs overall to those cameras? Things such as signal strength of sending the images, missed picture opportunities that maybe the other camera it is 'competing' against took and it didn't, or visa versa?
What is the trigger speed of it?
Are you able to adjust this camera's settings through the app on your phone like other the other makes and models?

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #7910227 07/23/20 01:51 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
jtprocaddie, the pics it sent to your phone look very good for sure and it looks like a nice camera.

Has this camera been set up side by side next to 2 or 3 of the other leading cameras on the market to compare how it performs overall to those cameras? Things such as signal strength of sending the images, missed picture opportunities that maybe the other camera it is 'competing' against took and it didn't, or visa versa?
Are you able to adjust this camera's settings through the app on your phone like other the other makes and models?

This is why I wrote what I wrote. Joe has a history of making partly complete videos or bad videos and then passing the hem off as a professional job. He is sponsored by tactacam. If I were tactacam, and saw this video I would be pissed for the above reasons. I would also be pissed that one of the first videos to hit Texas hunters leaves so many unanswered questions in what was supposed to be a full breakdown and set up. You see, joe was so happy tonged his camera he forgot to include basic details. The other humorous thing is joe is so inexperienced he doesn’t even know what to put in his videos. Yet, he passes off himself as a pro. I was offering constructive criticism to his video, which I typically do to all his videos. Ways to make it better. You saw joes reply about having a clean workspace...that’s the typical joe reply...

Basically what I am trying to say is if he had done his job, you wouldn’t have had to ask those 5 very simple but important questions.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Texas buckeye] #7910596 07/23/20 05:52 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

This is why I wrote what I wrote. Joe has a history of making partly complete videos or bad videos and then passing the hem off as a professional job. He is sponsored by tactacam. If I were tactacam, and saw this video I would be pissed for the above reasons. I would also be pissed that one of the first videos to hit Texas hunters leaves so many unanswered questions in what was supposed to be a full breakdown and set up. You see, joe was so happy tonged his camera he forgot to include basic details. The other humorous thing is joe is so inexperienced he doesn’t even know what to put in his videos. Yet, he passes off himself as a pro. I was offering constructive criticism to his video, which I typically do to all his videos. Ways to make it better. You saw joes reply about having a clean workspace...that’s the typical joe reply...

Basically what I am trying to say is if he had done his job, you wouldn’t have had to ask those 5 very simple but important questions.

I hear ya bro.

But, I guess you didn't get the memo that all you need to do to be a 'pro' these days is to key up a few youtube videos!
roflmao

I do believe you and I would have a hell of a good time sittin' around a big campfire with a couple of adult beverages doing what old Gus McCray like to say, talking some 'philosophy'!

up cheers

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Texas buckeye] #7910684 07/23/20 06:55 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

If you can find where I have claimed to be a Pro please let me know. I can guarantee I have never claimed to be a pro.

And to my point previously... That IS Clean for the Jeep. Its washed off. A lot of that is mud stains and blood stains that wont come off with normal washing. I get it dirty every time I go out so the outside does not get detailed. Its a hunting Jeep. haha

Anyway I never insulted you, and you come out swinging. Only place my videos get bad wrap and feedback is here with all the keyboard warriors.

Trust me, my sponsors are perfectly ecstatic and happy with what we provide and our quality. Thanks for your concern :-)

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 07/23/20 07:06 PM.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #7910690 07/23/20 06:58 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

It takes 12 AA Batteries as it is stated in the video
Battery life is Aprox 2,000 pictures, which is standard with most cell cameras - However, they do not state what the battery life is with Lithium batteries and I have not reached that point as of yet.
I have not put them side by side to other cameras as of yet. So I cannot answer that question
As stated in the video you can adjust all setting inside the app as well.

Thanks for the questions.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7910949 07/23/20 10:52 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

If you can find where I have claimed to be a Pro please let me know. I can guarantee I have never claimed to be a pro.

And to my point previously... That IS Clean for the Jeep. Its washed off. A lot of that is mud stains and blood stains that wont come off with normal washing. I get it dirty every time I go out so the outside does not get detailed. Its a hunting Jeep. haha

Anyway I never insulted you, and you come out swinging. Only place my videos get bad wrap and feedback is here with all the keyboard warriors.

Trust me, my sponsors are perfectly ecstatic and happy with what we provide and our quality. Thanks for your concern :-)

I am glad your sponsors are happy with your work. That’s the point of it all right?

I wasn’t swinging either, that was just stating the obvious, and I used your response to critique with the Jeep as an example, if you take that as swinging then I would hate to see you in an actual argument.

I really am trying to help you see the light. Everyone else on here has quit on you. I want to see people succeed, but you have to want to get better. Based on the number of questions over basic game camera details, my guess is you are simply trying to show us your stuff and not actually do a “full breakdown and set up” in your video. It’s all good my man, all good.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Texas buckeye] #7910983 07/23/20 11:30 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

I wasn’t swinging either, that was just stating the obvious, and I used your response to critique with the Jeep as an example, if you take that as swinging then I would hate to see you in an actual argument.

I really am trying to help you see the light. Everyone else on here has quit on you. I want to see people succeed, but you have to want to get better. Based on the number of questions over basic game camera details, my guess is you are simply trying to show us your stuff and not actually do a “full breakdown and set up” in your video. It’s all good my man, all good.

Not in your original comment. I welcome the feedback. Was your reply to the other guy's comment you got a little nasty. lol

But I agree there were some things I could have added that I didn't. But I wanted to make it a simple how to get started video and look thru the features. Keep it simple.

I understand your comment 100%

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7911829 07/24/20 06:24 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Never thought I'd admit it, but I miss JT's videos of 5-6 hogs being shot, some gutshot, some shot in the rear or 3-4 deer being shot, some in the gut, some on the run.Can we get back to those days please. LOL

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7911892 07/24/20 07:04 PM
P
pittdog33 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
Can you set up a solar powered battery system with this or only run off the internal batteries?

I dont know what we're put on this earth to do but we're here damn it!
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: DQ Kid] #7912348 07/25/20 01:47 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Never thought I'd admit it, but I miss JT's videos of 5-6 hogs being shot, some gutshot, some shot in the rear or 3-4 deer being shot, some in the gut, some on the run.Can we get back to those days please. LOL

never gut shot a deer lol but nice try

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7913788 07/26/20 04:59 PM
D
Daddybigbuck Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Is this camera being made by the same company that makes the Spy Point camera and being package with the Tatacam cover? I hear the transmission speed is very slow. IE the time from when the pic is taken to the time you get the notification on the app. What's your experience here?

For those asking I have read the Tatacam will have a external battery and solar panel coming out possibly by September... You will not plug a solar panel into the camera and charge internal batteries!!

For those in the DFW area Bass Pro Shop had plenty of the Verizon Cameras yesterday for $99.99. I did not not see any AT&T cameras and read on another site that the release of these has been delayed but I do not know this for a fact maybe JT can speak to this since he is a field staffer.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: DQ Kid] #7914200 07/26/20 11:26 PM
S
SR025 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: DQ Kid] #7916139 07/28/20 04:49 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Same here. Now that was entertainment!

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7916144 07/28/20 04:54 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Do any legitimate hunters endorse this product?

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Sneaky] #7916342 07/28/20 08:05 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I know very little about game cams and much less about the cellular stuff. I guess the excitement about this one is that its a lot cheaper, or what?? I know the guy on our place uses cuddelink and I think they are about 250 each.
For what its worth, I dont know the history on the guy doing these videos but it sounds like some of his other stuff is iffy.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Sneaky] #7916422 07/28/20 09:14 PM
J
jrfan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Sneaky

I put one up this past Sunday. Unfortunately, that same night, my cows decided I didn't have it placed properly. Now I get pics of the ground. As soon as I can get it adjusted again, I will give a review.

[Linked Image]
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: freerange] #7916888 07/29/20 03:38 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by freerange
I know very little about game cams and much less about the cellular stuff. I guess the excitement about this one is that its a lot cheaper, or what?? I know the guy on our place uses cuddelink and I think they are about 250 each.
For what its worth, I dont know the history on the guy doing these videos but it sounds like some of his other stuff is iffy.

Just the same few guys on here that bash the videos I make.. I got over it a long time ago. You can see for yourself and make your own decision.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4okcNLcQRwKSgx421Ct8Lw/

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7917067 07/29/20 12:59 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

It takes 12 AA Batteries as it is stated in the video
Battery life is Aprox 2,000 pictures, which is standard with most cell cameras - However, they do not state what the battery life is with Lithium batteries and I have not reached that point as of yet.
I have not put them side by side to other cameras as of yet. So I cannot answer that question
As stated in the video you can adjust all setting inside the app as well.

Thanks for the questions.

Thanks for the answers.
Do you have an answer on what the trigger speed actually is?

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7917070 07/29/20 01:02 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

My response to this is then you have either not been hunting long or have not shot many deer. Or, more likely, both.

I've heard statements like this before and also "I've never missed a deer" and that makes it very, very obvious to me the person is either FOS or not very experienced.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: freerange] #7917079 07/29/20 01:09 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by freerange

If you look hard enough you can find both the spypoint and the bushnell cellular cameras for the same price when they go on sale.
My buddies use the spypoints and I have a bushnell. My bushnell is very quick to transmit as it will send me a thumbnail pic of a animal at my feeder and I will get up and walk over to the kitchen window with binocs and there it is 350+ yards away. We've killed numerous coyotes with the assistance of it. lol

My buddies do like their spypoints and seem to have little trouble getting pictures from both Eldorado area and the others are about as remote as you can get in Maverick county dead center between EP, Carrizo, and LaPryor.

I spent my last penny on a Cuddeback product several years ago and would not try one of their cellular models if they gave it to me. I had two of their cameras and had problems with both and their customer service was pure D chit.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: jrfan] #7917083 07/29/20 01:12 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

I put one up this past Sunday. Unfortunately, that same night, my cows decided I didn't have it placed properly. Now I get pics of the ground. As soon as I can get it adjusted again, I will give a review.

lmao

Yup, I got some mommas at the house that cannot leave anything alone.....unless it has 5k volts barricading it off!
Good God they are nosy as hell for sure

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #7917252 07/29/20 04:00 PM
J
jrfan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J

lmao

Yup, I got some mommas at the house that cannot leave anything alone.....unless it has 5k volts barricading it off!
Good God they are nosy as hell for sure

I went from this.....
[Linked Image]
To this....
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #7917398 07/29/20 06:11 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

My response to this is then you have either not been hunting long or have not shot many deer. Or, more likely, both.

I've heard statements like this before and also "I've never missed a deer" and that makes it very, very obvious to me the person is either FOS or not very experienced.

I have missed a deer, But have not gut shot one yet. I have gut shot hogs and other predators, but have been fortunate to not gut shot a deer as of yet.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7917520 07/29/20 08:16 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I will give JT some credit for improving his video product over the last recent few seasons. You have taken some legitimate feedback to heart and made an effort to improve your product! For a guy hunting deer for less than 10 years, keep improving at your trade.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7918121 07/30/20 10:42 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Buck being harsh here and would politely suggest most of his “help” would be better presented by PM.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7918178 07/30/20 12:16 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

I have missed a deer, But have not gut shot one yet. I have gut shot hogs and other predators, but have been fortunate to not gut shot a deer as of yet.

That is good that it has not happened to you.....yet. But, I will assure you that if you kill enough of them it will happen at some point no matter how good you are with your bow or rifle and no matter how carefully you choose your shots. When it happens I promise you it is something you will not soon forget.

If it happens while you are filming just make us a promise not to try and cover it up like the majority of these 'experts' do on their hunting shows. It is things like this that made me completely stop watching these shows several years ago. Of course the other one was watching them choose to shoot great young bucks for the sake of making a show!

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #7918791 07/30/20 09:51 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

That is good that it has not happened to you.....yet. But, I will assure you that if you kill enough of them it will happen at some point no matter how good you are with your bow or rifle and no matter how carefully you choose your shots. When it happens I promise you it is something you will not soon forget.

If it happens while you are filming just make us a promise not to try and cover it up like the majority of these 'experts' do on their hunting shows. It is things like this that made me completely stop watching these shows several years ago. Of course the other one was watching them choose to shoot great young bucks for the sake of making a show!

One thing I do is show my mistakes. Its part of hunting and learning. Just like when I first started I had no idea how to properly age a deer, and looked pretty foolish calling young deer a good mature buck.. trying to know something I did not. Made a lot of mistakes 4 years ago. but even the harsh feedback helps and I learn from it.

Some on here will never be satisfied and have some of the worst trolls on the internet, but hell if I can take it from them I am good anywhere lol

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919000 07/31/20 12:44 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
There’s a big difference in trolling and calling a spade a spade. The fact that you think people calling you out is trolling speaks volumes about your true motives. You’re a cheap salesman. Nothing more.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919262 07/31/20 12:18 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

One thing I do is show my mistakes. Its part of hunting and learning. Just like when I first started I had no idea how to properly age a deer, and looked pretty foolish calling young deer a good mature buck.. trying to know something I did not. Made a lot of mistakes 4 years ago. but even the harsh feedback helps and I learn from it.

Some on here will never be satisfied and have some of the worst trolls on the internet, but hell if I can take it from them I am good anywhere lol

I see you have grown up some, admitting your age mistakes....grow up some more....instead of defending and selling your inadequate attempts LISTEN to the feedback and act upon it.......you will have more respect and success admitting I am learning as I go, value wisdom from others and am just trying to make a living at something I love.....when talking about products tell the truth...... I am gonna see how this works, it might be a waste of your money I will give you my honest opinion....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7919437 07/31/20 03:23 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

I see you have grown up some, admitting your age mistakes....grow up some more....instead of defending and selling your inadequate attempts LISTEN to the feedback and act upon it.......you will have more respect and success admitting I am learning as I go, value wisdom from others and am just trying to make a living at something I love.....when talking about products tell the truth...... I am gonna see how this works, it might be a waste of your money I will give you my honest opinion....

I don't think y'all have figured it out. He doesn't want your help and isn't listening to it, LOL. This has literally gone on for YEARS!

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919551 07/31/20 05:10 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

I don't think y'all have figured it out. He doesn't want your help and isn't listening to it, LOL. This has literally gone on for YEARS!
[/quote]

This is my first time reading any of this...why does this post make me want to run from this game cam as fast as I can ????

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Biscuit] #7919626 07/31/20 06:17 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by EastTXbound

This is my first time reading any of this...why does this post make me want to run from this game cam as fast as I can ???? [/quote]

Yall really got me curious now. I may take time to go back and find some of his old stuff.

Last edited by freerange; 07/31/20 06:17 PM.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919630 07/31/20 06:20 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I can’t speak for the camera, but you really should do a little research on the pimp pushing it. He’ll sell ANY product that will endorse him. The camera might be decent, but the fact they are associated with that guy is a huge red flag for me.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919663 07/31/20 07:01 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

Its a Jeep, its going to get dirty... And its going to get dirty every time I take it out, not a daily driver, so I rinse the mud off of it but the mud stains stay as I don't scrub it down. The video was a full breakdown and set up.. Which means break it down the settings and how to set it up.. Sorry if you didn't get that from the title, and I mislead. Will post night pictures later as I have some now. This was not meant to be a full review video but a breakdown and set up video..

Dude, everybody knows the dirt and blood on a truck is street cred for being a hunter. How is Avery body going to know you’re a low rent pro staffer without the blood and mud on your vehicle?

And for everybody’s sake, please get a stand or somebody to hold your camera, even the children making TicTok videos use a stand.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Sneaky] #7919672 07/31/20 07:09 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I can’t speak for the camera, but you really should do a little research on the pimp pushing it. He’ll sell ANY product that will endorse him. The camera might be decent, but the fact they are associated with that guy is a huge red flag for me.

You got that right. The dude's a clown.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919710 07/31/20 08:16 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Don't worry I will keep on posting :-)

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919715 07/31/20 08:21 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
We count on it. Salesmen are relentless.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Sneaky] #7919727 07/31/20 08:41 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
We count on it. Salesmen are relentless.

Im glad i can follow thru for you

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919779 07/31/20 09:31 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Don't worry I will keep on posting :-)

We don’t worry, we cringe

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7937747 08/16/20 11:15 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Gotta give the boy some props. Finally broke down to committing the sin of securing a cell camera. Reviewed the choices hard. Lots of new stuff out there. Had read this post. Went to Cabelas and spoke with staff there. My decision narrowed to Tacticam and SpyPoint Micro Solar. Decided on Tacticam and on 2nd day of trying from three different websites, got one for $99 and free two day shipping from Bass Pro.

Made the more technologically inclined Donger to set it up while driving out to the West pastures. He said it was so easy even I could have done it. Chose to have photos uploaded every twelve hours and just now got my first batch. Holy Toledo! Clear photos to my cell than what I am used to from downloading my chips to the IPod. Claims 97 foot detection range which is amazing. Supremely impressed at this point.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7941717 08/19/20 11:15 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I cannot give this camera enuff praise. It's early, but the results at this point are optimal.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7954851 08/30/20 10:50 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Two weeks later - over 1,100 photos received and batteries somehow showing 100%.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7954888 08/30/20 12:20 PM
H
HLo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
2 weeks in for me and so far so good. Over 500 photos and batteries at 100%. Pics are clear. Hope it is my new go to camera and will buy more if it makes it through 1 season problem free.

Last edited by HLo; 08/30/20 12:20 PM.

HLo
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7955006 08/30/20 02:51 PM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Good to see your critique of the camera etc rather than the salesman. Hud and HLo

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7955105 08/30/20 04:40 PM
N
nocknload Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
N
the night pictures look crispy clear

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7956011 08/31/20 09:43 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
One of the ore important issues with a camera is being able to take quality photos at night. If the camera has such a lil' presence that the deer get really comfortable, that is only an added bonus.
[Linked Image]

Clear photos really help during the day also. The only problem I have is it makes things seem larger than they are. These does ae bigger than what I am used to.
[Linked Image]

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7956218 08/31/20 01:32 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Very clear pics hudbone!

Please keep us posted on this cameral and how it goes.

I'm in the market for another one and was going to go with the spypoint as I have friends using them in Maverick county a long way from cell towers and they are happy with them. I may go with this one though.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7956387 08/31/20 03:05 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I had nothing but problems with spypoint link....service was absent where it was present with covert camera, and the thing just broke within less than a year of use. When I tried getting CS help, they didn’t offer much. Had me send some files and they said it was a battery issue, well yeah I knew that because the external battery connector broke. They didn’t hear the problem, or offer to fix it, after multiple calls to their French CS agents. I gave up. Maybe language barrier, maybe not?

HUD, those are some huge doe, a lot of my doe are shorter and round and black some with white spots....trying hard to resist building a pen. They are such a hassle, but so are unwelcome guests to eat...

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7975904 09/16/20 11:55 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Camera in since the middle of August. It has sent me 2,696 photos. That cost me all of $13.00 for the month. I think there are two issues. Batteries (no solar) sill showing at 100%. Yep 100%, how does that work? I think it may make the deer bodies look larger than they really are. The one shown looks like a finished pig at a show barn.

With these things being delivered in two days for less than $110, I am going to throw away my other cameras when, and if, you other people quit buying them and I can actually secure more. The photo quality is simply outstanding.

[Linked Image]

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7976393 09/16/20 05:14 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Really appreciate your continued posts on the camera Hudbone.
Sounds pretty amazing to me that the battery life can be that great.

That show hog in your feed pen has definitely not missed any meals. Holy smokes that is a big bodied buck!

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7976642 09/16/20 07:36 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Hudbone, those are fat! Question on the Reveal, can you put more than one Reveal camera on the same app plan for just the one cost (i.e. $13 month unlimited, or do you have to add each camera separate on app and have separate charges). Do you pay Tactacam or added to you Verizon/ATT bill. I ask since you apparently have more than one and say you are going to add more and I'm just now checking the Reveal out.

Last edited by Always ready 2 hunt; 09/16/20 07:40 PM.
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7976846 09/16/20 09:44 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Multiple cameras, same plan - I do not think so. The monthly receipt comes from Reveal.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Hudbone] #7976860 09/16/20 10:02 PM
A
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Multiple cameras, same plan - I do not think so. The monthly receipt comes from Reveal.

thanks, so if I interpret right. you can have multiple cameras on the app plan but each camera will cost you plan charge (i.e. 2 cameras at $13 each for unlimited plan).
monthly receipt from Reveal would be good for me so I don't have to explain why celluar bill increased by "x" dollars times multiple units

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7976861 09/16/20 10:04 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
That's what I understand.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7983004 09/21/20 11:23 PM
A
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Ok, I put up 2 Reveal's on Saturday. So far, i'm impressed and don't have a lot invested. App could have some better user updates but that will come. Speed of sending photos is good...so much so that I changed my settings from 'timely send' to send every 12 hrs. I'd like feedback on battery life as I know 12 Energizer Lithium in each camera will add up along with the other 8 traditional trailcams using batteries that I have running at different properties.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7983408 09/22/20 09:53 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I used the very same set of batteries and still showing 100%. 86 photo notifications just came in.

Last edited by Hudbone; 09/22/20 10:09 AM.
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7984507 09/22/20 10:31 PM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Just got one delivered today. I’m hoping the battery life is that good. But I will still put a solar panel to it at some point. The thing is, modern stuff has some really good battery management tricks. So the fact that you are still showing 100% might not be such an exaggeration as you think.

Another plus for me is that the antenna is removable which means I could use a cable to get the antenna up higher on a support for better cell signal if need be.

Looking forward to keeping an eye on things from here at the house. And if response time is quick enough, might get to drop a few pigs coming in at odd hours if I happen to be out there.

Last edited by GNTX; 09/22/20 10:32 PM.
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7985027 09/23/20 12:07 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Sounds like everyone is very happy so far with them and the battery life is really mind boggling for a cellular camera.
Please keep posting updates if you guys don't mind.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7985152 09/23/20 01:45 PM
D
doggit Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
I have 25 out. Like them a lot. Very easy setup. Pics come quick. App is pretty easy to use with that many cameras. Regular Sam's alkaline batteries still showing 100%. Have had one on timely and to take pics every 3 and half minutes out for 2 weeks. Only complaint is I sent customer support an email last week still haven't heard back. Got att ones as they were only one's available at the time. No problem with service between george west and three rivers so far. Have a friend with some in Mexico that are working like they should. He's used many brands down there. These are my first cell cameras. So for him to like them says lot fir me. I ordered from cabelas $99 free shipping.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Always ready 2 hunt] #7985919 09/23/20 10:19 PM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by Always ready 2 hunt
Question on the Reveal, can you put more than one Reveal camera on the same app plan for just the one cost (i.e. $13 month unlimited, or do you have to add each camera separate on app and have separate charges). Do you pay Tactacam or added to you Verizon/ATT bill.

You pay Tactacam and additional cameras can be added to the same plan at a discount.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: doggit] #7986519 09/24/20 01:00 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by doggit
I have 25 out. Like them a lot. Very easy setup. Pics come quick. App is pretty easy to use with that many cameras. Regular Sam's alkaline batteries still showing 100%. Have had one on timely and to take pics every 3 and half minutes out for 2 weeks. Only complaint is I sent customer support an email last week still haven't heard back. Got att ones as they were only one's available at the time. No problem with service between george west and three rivers so far. Have a friend with some in Mexico that are working like they should. He's used many brands down there. These are my first cell cameras. So for him to like them says lot fir me. I ordered from cabelas $99 free shipping.

Holy Hell doggit……….25 cameras?!!

WOW

Please update us on how they do for you as that is a pretty dang good amount to judge them by after some time in the brush.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7986552 09/24/20 01:17 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I just ordered two more. Won't be hooking them up to the cell service, but the detection range, brightness & overall photo quality is just so much better and I will be replacing two others in the field.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Hudbone] #7987215 09/24/20 11:48 PM
A
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
I just ordered two more. Won't be hooking them up to the cell service, but the detection range, brightness & overall photo quality is just so much better and I will be replacing two others in the field.

me too

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7995879 10/02/20 05:17 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Does anyone in the DFW know where they are in stock right now? Looking to buy one today to set up this weekend. I checked all the usual places, but none appear to have them in stock.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7996728 10/03/20 12:37 PM
M
mow Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TXGH
Originally Posted by LFD2037

If you do not have cell service you will have to treat it like a regular trail camera and pull the card.

Not true.you can buy an external on Amazon for 18$..it will give you an extra bar or two..my spypoint needs 2 bars to work in the cell transfer..message me for some pointers

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7999970 10/06/20 12:15 PM
P
PMK Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
can these (or any for that matter) be set up to email pictures OR do they just send pictures in a text message?

My BIL called me last night asking about cell trail cameras and he is not very tech savvy.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7999978 10/06/20 12:19 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
They download to an app on your phone. you can then save and e-mail from there.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Hudbone] #8029763 10/30/20 01:29 AM
K
KK30RAR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K

Hudbone are you leaving the cell card in the camera when your using it as a normal trail cam or taking it out ?

Pulsar xq50 trail
Pulsar xq30f Helion
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #8029969 10/30/20 09:53 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Well, the dang SIL set it the other two up to deliver to my phone. Now I get downloads at 5 and 5 on one camera and immediately upon being taken at each of the other two.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide