Forums46
Topics536,988
Posts9,719,173
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features #7905280 07/19/20 03:25 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
First look, unboxing, set up and full breakdown of the new Reveal by Tactacam! This camera is super easy to set up. Takes awesome quality pictures and video. Cost is 99.00 on amazon, data plan for unlimited data is super affordable. So far I can’t say enough good things about this Cell Camera!

See for yourself!

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7905329 07/19/20 05:55 AM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I think you missed it on this video. Couple of things, we all know how to read a manual and set up a game cam. I don’t need you explaining that to me.
Second, wash your car. The dirt all over your car was very distracting and made me ask what kind of slob makes a video with such a dirty car when the hood is a prop used in the video.
Third, don’t put the mail key in your mouth. That’s disgusting and if I lived in your neighborhood I would be grossed out big time. If I wanted to kiss you I would, but I don’t need your slobber all over the package mail key (I have a feeling that number 10 key might actually be your mailbox, not sure, and if it is, the video shows you opening the lock with one key and pulling out two package keys, so I am not sure and just going to stick with it isn’t your key)
Fourth, I would really love to see the pics at night with that camera so close to the feeder on high flash setting. I suspect you will get a lot of white out. If there are any animals that come to the water trough, they will def be washed out by the high flash setting.
Fifth, would have really liked to see some actual pictures during the night time from the camera. Day pics are hard to mess up. It’s at night when a camera shines.
Sixth, what is that rack around your Jeep for? I see them from time to time on all the urban off roaders on the dfw streets and I always have wondered what the heck they were for? Inalways thought they looked pretentious and “trying too hard”
Seventh, see number six above, that was basically the whole video summed up in a nutshell. I understand the “need” to give sponsors their time, but seriously this video gives the sponsor nothing of substance. Who cares about setting up a camera. Show the thing in action from day time to night time, to day video to night video, show the cell and how well it works and talk about signal, speed of transmission, battery life and solar capabilities (those batteries will get drained quickly if you have any activity) talk about sensitivity, over sensitivity, under sensitivity (you do that by comparing pictures from similarly placed cameras of different brands and looking at the pics taken) and picture quality with movement. That’s the stuff people want to see from a new camera. Not how to set the thing up.

I get you were excited to try this out and get it up. But dang, just like your shooting videos, you seemed to blow the wad too early on this one and made a “review” video with nothing in the review. Talk about a a waste of time. I really wanted to see what the camera is capable of, instead I got dirty jeeps and keys in the mouth.

Don’t label a video a full breakdown when all it shows is the unboxing (thought that part was terrible btw) and setting it up. Total mischaracterization.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Texas buckeye] #7906362 07/20/20 05:28 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
I think you missed it on this video. Couple of things, we all know how to read a manual and set up a game cam. I don’t need you explaining that to me.
Second, wash your car. The dirt all over your car was very distracting and made me ask what kind of slob makes a video with such a dirty car when the hood is a prop used in the video.
Third, don’t put the mail key in your mouth. That’s disgusting and if I lived in your neighborhood I would be grossed out big time. If I wanted to kiss you I would, but I don’t need your slobber all over the package mail key (I have a feeling that number 10 key might actually be your mailbox, not sure, and if it is, the video shows you opening the lock with one key and pulling out two package keys, so I am not sure and just going to stick with it isn’t your key)
Fourth, I would really love to see the pics at night with that camera so close to the feeder on high flash setting. I suspect you will get a lot of white out. If there are any animals that come to the water trough, they will def be washed out by the high flash setting.
Fifth, would have really liked to see some actual pictures during the night time from the camera. Day pics are hard to mess up. It’s at night when a camera shines.
Sixth, what is that rack around your Jeep for? I see them from time to time on all the urban off roaders on the dfw streets and I always have wondered what the heck they were for? Inalways thought they looked pretentious and “trying too hard”
Seventh, see number six above, that was basically the whole video summed up in a nutshell. I understand the “need” to give sponsors their time, but seriously this video gives the sponsor nothing of substance. Who cares about setting up a camera. Show the thing in action from day time to night time, to day video to night video, show the cell and how well it works and talk about signal, speed of transmission, battery life and solar capabilities (those batteries will get drained quickly if you have any activity) talk about sensitivity, over sensitivity, under sensitivity (you do that by comparing pictures from similarly placed cameras of different brands and looking at the pics taken) and picture quality with movement. That’s the stuff people want to see from a new camera. Not how to set the thing up.

I get you were excited to try this out and get it up. But dang, just like your shooting videos, you seemed to blow the wad too early on this one and made a “review” video with nothing in the review. Talk about a a waste of time. I really wanted to see what the camera is capable of, instead I got dirty jeeps and keys in the mouth.

Don’t label a video a full breakdown when all it shows is the unboxing (thought that part was terrible btw) and setting it up. Total mischaracterization.

Its a Jeep, its going to get dirty... And its going to get dirty every time I take it out, not a daily driver, so I rinse the mud off of it but the mud stains stay as I don't scrub it down. The video was a full breakdown and set up.. Which means break it down the settings and how to set it up.. Sorry if you didn't get that from the title, and I mislead. Will post night pictures later as I have some now. This was not meant to be a full review video but a breakdown and set up video..

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7906365 07/20/20 05:31 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

For me I put that rack on to carry things on, Mostly large coolers, and even a small predator platform that sits onto it. I use it pretty often since its not a pick up truck to throw stuff in the back. It holds 400 lbs driving and 600 white standing still.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7906366 07/20/20 05:35 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Note, these are the low quality ones being sent to my cell phone.. The ones on the camera are 24MP and 6x the detail

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 07/20/20 05:38 AM.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7906482 07/20/20 12:48 PM
D
Deersteaks Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Thanks for the info, I have been looking into getting a couple of those ! What do you mean by super affordable if I may ask ?

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Deersteaks] #7906489 07/20/20 12:53 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Deersteaks
Thanks for the info, I have been looking into getting a couple of those ! What do you mean by super affordable if I may ask ?

The unlimited data is 13.00 a month

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7906543 07/20/20 01:49 PM
pertnear Offline
"Demolition Man"
"Demolition Man"
Thanks for the good info & camera pictures. I'm not a cell phone fanatic & consider them a necessary evil, but here is my question. Do you have to have AT&T as a carrier to use one of these types of cameras? TIA...

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.” - George Orwell
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7906639 07/20/20 03:12 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
See that’s what I am talking about. A good unboxing/set up video would describe those couple of questions.

Joe, I appreciate you keeping up with it and I really am trying to help you and give you ideas of how to think about videos and what content to put in them. I am not criticizing just to criticize.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7907770 07/21/20 12:59 PM
J
jrfan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
I am interested, but I do have a few questions regarding the data plan. The ad on Amazon says $13/month for unlimited data. Is this something I have to set up on my own, or can I create an account after I purchase the camera? If I have to arrange my own service, is there another version of the camera other than Verizon? I did not see any other Tactacam cameras for ATT or another provider. Is the OP affiliated with or sponsored by Tactacam?

[Linked Image]
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: pertnear] #7908207 07/21/20 07:27 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by pertnear
Thanks for the good info & camera pictures. I'm not a cell phone fanatic & consider them a necessary evil, but here is my question. Do you have to have AT&T as a carrier to use one of these types of cameras? TIA...

They sell them in ATT or verizon, but they do not use your phone. It is done thru Tactacam. they have the plans set up and you pay them.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: jrfan] #7908210 07/21/20 07:29 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jrfan
I am interested, but I do have a few questions regarding the data plan. The ad on Amazon says $13/month for unlimited data. Is this something I have to set up on my own, or can I create an account after I purchase the camera? If I have to arrange my own service, is there another version of the camera other than Verizon? I did not see any other Tactacam cameras for ATT or another provider. Is the OP affiliated with or sponsored by Tactacam?

When you buy the camera, you then set up the data plan thru the app. You buy the ATT or verizon camera and that is what service it uses. You pay tactacam and they have the contract.. so no contracts or set ups that you have to deal with.

Once you add a camera on the app, you will scan the QR code on the camera, the app does the rest. then you choose your data plan for that camera thru the app.

All very point and click simple.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Texas buckeye] #7908212 07/21/20 07:29 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
See that’s what I am talking about. A good unboxing/set up video would describe those couple of questions.

Joe, I appreciate you keeping up with it and I really am trying to help you and give you ideas of how to think about videos and what content to put in them. I am not criticizing just to criticize.

I know you are, and thank you for the info.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7908929 07/22/20 01:58 PM
D
DirtNapTET Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Been thinking about getting a cell cam for a couple years now. Believe I'm gonna give this one a shot.

Thanks for the info!

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7909338 07/22/20 06:45 PM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
If I have ATT cell (ATT doesn't work @ the lease), & buy a Verizon version (Verizon does work @ the lease), how do I get/look @ the pics?

Last edited by LFD2037; 07/22/20 06:46 PM.

R.I.P. CPO Matt Mills-(DEVGRU)- You will NEVER be forgotten!
10-25-75 / 8-6-11 *K.I.A.*
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7909345 07/22/20 06:51 PM
J
jrfan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted by DirtNapTET
Been thinking about getting a cell cam for a couple years now. Believe I'm gonna give this one a shot.

Thanks for the info!

Well, everywhere I have looked is sold out. I don't even see the ATT version on Amazon. The Verizon on Amazon says its unavailable now.

Last edited by jrfan; 07/22/20 06:53 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: jrfan] #7909433 07/22/20 07:56 PM
D
DirtNapTET Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Yep, sounds about right. 2020

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: LFD2037] #7909460 07/22/20 08:16 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by LFD2037
If I have ATT cell (ATT doesn't work @ the lease), & buy a Verizon version (Verizon does work @ the lease), how do I get/look @ the pics?

If you do not have cell service you will have to treat it like a regular trail camera and pull the card.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: jrfan] #7909462 07/22/20 08:17 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jrfan
Originally Posted by DirtNapTET

Thanks for the info!

Well, everywhere I have looked is sold out. I don't even see the ATT version on Amazon. The Verizon on Amazon says its unavailable now.

They are selling so fast Amazon cannot keep up with inventory.. They have plenty but its getting them logged into the system.

I saw online that Whitetail of America has Verizon versions available and in stock.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7909471 07/22/20 08:24 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
The camera uses a signal to send to tactacam, and then the app sends to your phone. But the camera type that works best for your service area, it does not have to be the same service your phone uses.

That’s pretty much the way all cell cameras work these days.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Texas buckeye] #7909494 07/22/20 08:39 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
The camera uses a signal to send to tactacam, and then the app sends to your phone. But the camera type that works best for your service area, it does not have to be the same service your phone uses.

That is correct. Tactacam has the plan not you, and you pay Tactacam for the usage of the data. You choose ATT or Verizon which ever is best signal in your area.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7909570 07/22/20 09:35 PM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L

Originally Posted by jtprocaddie

That is correct. Tactacam has the plan not you, and you pay Tactacam for the usage of the data. You choose ATT or Verizon which ever is best signal in your area.

So if I get a Verizon camera, they’ll send the pics to my ATT phone?

R.I.P. CPO Matt Mills-(DEVGRU)- You will NEVER be forgotten!
10-25-75 / 8-6-11 *K.I.A.*
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7909590 07/22/20 09:45 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Yes, the camera is simply the cell service used to send the data back to tactacam. Tactacam then has their web based service you can use WiFi, your cell signal, or whatever to pick up off the web to look at the pics via the app.

It’s kind of like any other app like FB, Twitter, thf, a web based service is used to “store the data” on the web and you access the pic however you want. How the data gets to the web is best served by whatever service is best in the area your camera will be. The best two are ATT and Verizon, so most cell cameras are not really true “cell cameras” anymore, they are really web based app cameras. But that gets too chunky to say so they just say “cellular camera”

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7909654 07/22/20 10:42 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
That is because the company makes money two ways now, selling the camera and selling a data package.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Texas buckeye] #7910118 07/23/20 12:28 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

Just wondering...….
Did you wake up mad the morning of this reply?
roflmao

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide