Forums46
Topics538,031
Posts9,732,153
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7918178 07/30/20 12:16 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by jtprocaddie

I have missed a deer, But have not gut shot one yet. I have gut shot hogs and other predators, but have been fortunate to not gut shot a deer as of yet.

That is good that it has not happened to you.....yet. But, I will assure you that if you kill enough of them it will happen at some point no matter how good you are with your bow or rifle and no matter how carefully you choose your shots. When it happens I promise you it is something you will not soon forget.

If it happens while you are filming just make us a promise not to try and cover it up like the majority of these 'experts' do on their hunting shows. It is things like this that made me completely stop watching these shows several years ago. Of course the other one was watching them choose to shoot great young bucks for the sake of making a show!

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #7918791 07/30/20 09:51 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

I have missed a deer, But have not gut shot one yet. I have gut shot hogs and other predators, but have been fortunate to not gut shot a deer as of yet.

That is good that it has not happened to you.....yet. But, I will assure you that if you kill enough of them it will happen at some point no matter how good you are with your bow or rifle and no matter how carefully you choose your shots. When it happens I promise you it is something you will not soon forget.

If it happens while you are filming just make us a promise not to try and cover it up like the majority of these 'experts' do on their hunting shows. It is things like this that made me completely stop watching these shows several years ago. Of course the other one was watching them choose to shoot great young bucks for the sake of making a show!

One thing I do is show my mistakes. Its part of hunting and learning. Just like when I first started I had no idea how to properly age a deer, and looked pretty foolish calling young deer a good mature buck.. trying to know something I did not. Made a lot of mistakes 4 years ago. but even the harsh feedback helps and I learn from it.

Some on here will never be satisfied and have some of the worst trolls on the internet, but hell if I can take it from them I am good anywhere lol

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919000 07/31/20 12:44 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
There’s a big difference in trolling and calling a spade a spade. The fact that you think people calling you out is trolling speaks volumes about your true motives. You’re a cheap salesman. Nothing more.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919262 07/31/20 12:18 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

One thing I do is show my mistakes. Its part of hunting and learning. Just like when I first started I had no idea how to properly age a deer, and looked pretty foolish calling young deer a good mature buck.. trying to know something I did not. Made a lot of mistakes 4 years ago. but even the harsh feedback helps and I learn from it.

Some on here will never be satisfied and have some of the worst trolls on the internet, but hell if I can take it from them I am good anywhere lol

I see you have grown up some, admitting your age mistakes....grow up some more....instead of defending and selling your inadequate attempts LISTEN to the feedback and act upon it.......you will have more respect and success admitting I am learning as I go, value wisdom from others and am just trying to make a living at something I love.....when talking about products tell the truth...... I am gonna see how this works, it might be a waste of your money I will give you my honest opinion....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7919437 07/31/20 03:23 PM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

I see you have grown up some, admitting your age mistakes....grow up some more....instead of defending and selling your inadequate attempts LISTEN to the feedback and act upon it.......you will have more respect and success admitting I am learning as I go, value wisdom from others and am just trying to make a living at something I love.....when talking about products tell the truth...... I am gonna see how this works, it might be a waste of your money I will give you my honest opinion....

I don't think y'all have figured it out. He doesn't want your help and isn't listening to it, LOL. This has literally gone on for YEARS!

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919551 07/31/20 05:10 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

I don't think y'all have figured it out. He doesn't want your help and isn't listening to it, LOL. This has literally gone on for YEARS!
[/quote]

This is my first time reading any of this...why does this post make me want to run from this game cam as fast as I can ????

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Biscuit] #7919626 07/31/20 06:17 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by EastTXbound

This is my first time reading any of this...why does this post make me want to run from this game cam as fast as I can ???? [/quote]

Yall really got me curious now. I may take time to go back and find some of his old stuff.

Last edited by freerange; 07/31/20 06:17 PM.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919630 07/31/20 06:20 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I can’t speak for the camera, but you really should do a little research on the pimp pushing it. He’ll sell ANY product that will endorse him. The camera might be decent, but the fact they are associated with that guy is a huge red flag for me.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919663 07/31/20 07:01 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
I think you missed it on this video. Couple of things, we all know how to read a manual and set up a game cam. I don’t need you explaining that to me.
Second, wash your car. The dirt all over your car was very distracting and made me ask what kind of slob makes a video with such a dirty car when the hood is a prop used in the video.
Third, don’t put the mail key in your mouth. That’s disgusting and if I lived in your neighborhood I would be grossed out big time. If I wanted to kiss you I would, but I don’t need your slobber all over the package mail key (I have a feeling that number 10 key might actually be your mailbox, not sure, and if it is, the video shows you opening the lock with one key and pulling out two package keys, so I am not sure and just going to stick with it isn’t your key)
Fourth, I would really love to see the pics at night with that camera so close to the feeder on high flash setting. I suspect you will get a lot of white out. If there are any animals that come to the water trough, they will def be washed out by the high flash setting.
Fifth, would have really liked to see some actual pictures during the night time from the camera. Day pics are hard to mess up. It’s at night when a camera shines.
Sixth, what is that rack around your Jeep for? I see them from time to time on all the urban off roaders on the dfw streets and I always have wondered what the heck they were for? Inalways thought they looked pretentious and “trying too hard”
Seventh, see number six above, that was basically the whole video summed up in a nutshell. I understand the “need” to give sponsors their time, but seriously this video gives the sponsor nothing of substance. Who cares about setting up a camera. Show the thing in action from day time to night time, to day video to night video, show the cell and how well it works and talk about signal, speed of transmission, battery life and solar capabilities (those batteries will get drained quickly if you have any activity) talk about sensitivity, over sensitivity, under sensitivity (you do that by comparing pictures from similarly placed cameras of different brands and looking at the pics taken) and picture quality with movement. That’s the stuff people want to see from a new camera. Not how to set the thing up.

I get you were excited to try this out and get it up. But dang, just like your shooting videos, you seemed to blow the wad too early on this one and made a “review” video with nothing in the review. Talk about a a waste of time. I really wanted to see what the camera is capable of, instead I got dirty jeeps and keys in the mouth.

Don’t label a video a full breakdown when all it shows is the unboxing (thought that part was terrible btw) and setting it up. Total mischaracterization.

Its a Jeep, its going to get dirty... And its going to get dirty every time I take it out, not a daily driver, so I rinse the mud off of it but the mud stains stay as I don't scrub it down. The video was a full breakdown and set up.. Which means break it down the settings and how to set it up.. Sorry if you didn't get that from the title, and I mislead. Will post night pictures later as I have some now. This was not meant to be a full review video but a breakdown and set up video..

Dude, everybody knows the dirt and blood on a truck is street cred for being a hunter. How is Avery body going to know you’re a low rent pro staffer without the blood and mud on your vehicle?

And for everybody’s sake, please get a stand or somebody to hold your camera, even the children making TicTok videos use a stand.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Sneaky] #7919672 07/31/20 07:09 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by Sneaky
I can’t speak for the camera, but you really should do a little research on the pimp pushing it. He’ll sell ANY product that will endorse him. The camera might be decent, but the fact they are associated with that guy is a huge red flag for me.

You got that right. The dude's a clown.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919710 07/31/20 08:16 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Don't worry I will keep on posting :-)

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919715 07/31/20 08:21 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
We count on it. Salesmen are relentless.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Sneaky] #7919727 07/31/20 08:41 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Sneaky
We count on it. Salesmen are relentless.

Im glad i can follow thru for you

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7919779 07/31/20 09:31 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Don't worry I will keep on posting :-)

We don’t worry, we cringe

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7937747 08/16/20 11:15 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Gotta give the boy some props. Finally broke down to committing the sin of securing a cell camera. Reviewed the choices hard. Lots of new stuff out there. Had read this post. Went to Cabelas and spoke with staff there. My decision narrowed to Tacticam and SpyPoint Micro Solar. Decided on Tacticam and on 2nd day of trying from three different websites, got one for $99 and free two day shipping from Bass Pro.

Made the more technologically inclined Donger to set it up while driving out to the West pastures. He said it was so easy even I could have done it. Chose to have photos uploaded every twelve hours and just now got my first batch. Holy Toledo! Clear photos to my cell than what I am used to from downloading my chips to the IPod. Claims 97 foot detection range which is amazing. Supremely impressed at this point.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7941717 08/19/20 11:15 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I cannot give this camera enuff praise. It's early, but the results at this point are optimal.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7954851 08/30/20 10:50 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Two weeks later - over 1,100 photos received and batteries somehow showing 100%.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7954888 08/30/20 12:20 PM
H
HLo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
2 weeks in for me and so far so good. Over 500 photos and batteries at 100%. Pics are clear. Hope it is my new go to camera and will buy more if it makes it through 1 season problem free.

Last edited by HLo; 08/30/20 12:20 PM.

HLo
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7955006 08/30/20 02:51 PM
W
Wilhunt Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Good to see your critique of the camera etc rather than the salesman. Hud and HLo

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7955105 08/30/20 04:40 PM
N
nocknload Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
N
the night pictures look crispy clear

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7956011 08/31/20 09:43 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
One of the ore important issues with a camera is being able to take quality photos at night. If the camera has such a lil' presence that the deer get really comfortable, that is only an added bonus.
[Linked Image]

Clear photos really help during the day also. The only problem I have is it makes things seem larger than they are. These does ae bigger than what I am used to.
[Linked Image]

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7956218 08/31/20 01:32 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Very clear pics hudbone!

Please keep us posted on this cameral and how it goes.

I'm in the market for another one and was going to go with the spypoint as I have friends using them in Maverick county a long way from cell towers and they are happy with them. I may go with this one though.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7956387 08/31/20 03:05 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I had nothing but problems with spypoint link....service was absent where it was present with covert camera, and the thing just broke within less than a year of use. When I tried getting CS help, they didn’t offer much. Had me send some files and they said it was a battery issue, well yeah I knew that because the external battery connector broke. They didn’t hear the problem, or offer to fix it, after multiple calls to their French CS agents. I gave up. Maybe language barrier, maybe not?

HUD, those are some huge doe, a lot of my doe are shorter and round and black some with white spots....trying hard to resist building a pen. They are such a hassle, but so are unwelcome guests to eat...

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7975904 09/16/20 11:55 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Camera in since the middle of August. It has sent me 2,696 photos. That cost me all of $13.00 for the month. I think there are two issues. Batteries (no solar) sill showing at 100%. Yep 100%, how does that work? I think it may make the deer bodies look larger than they really are. The one shown looks like a finished pig at a show barn.

With these things being delivered in two days for less than $110, I am going to throw away my other cameras when, and if, you other people quit buying them and I can actually secure more. The photo quality is simply outstanding.

[Linked Image]

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7976393 09/16/20 05:14 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Really appreciate your continued posts on the camera Hudbone.
Sounds pretty amazing to me that the battery life can be that great.

That show hog in your feed pen has definitely not missed any meals. Holy smokes that is a big bodied buck!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide