Forums46
Topics537,936
Posts9,730,868
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7910120 07/23/20 12:33 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
jtprocaddie, the pics it sent to your phone look very good for sure and it looks like a nice camera.

What batteries does it take?
What is the apprx battery life?
Has this camera been set up side by side next to 2 or 3 of the other leading cameras on the market to compare how it performs overall to those cameras? Things such as signal strength of sending the images, missed picture opportunities that maybe the other camera it is 'competing' against took and it didn't, or visa versa?
What is the trigger speed of it?
Are you able to adjust this camera's settings through the app on your phone like other the other makes and models?

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #7910227 07/23/20 01:51 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS
jtprocaddie, the pics it sent to your phone look very good for sure and it looks like a nice camera.

Has this camera been set up side by side next to 2 or 3 of the other leading cameras on the market to compare how it performs overall to those cameras? Things such as signal strength of sending the images, missed picture opportunities that maybe the other camera it is 'competing' against took and it didn't, or visa versa?
Are you able to adjust this camera's settings through the app on your phone like other the other makes and models?

This is why I wrote what I wrote. Joe has a history of making partly complete videos or bad videos and then passing the hem off as a professional job. He is sponsored by tactacam. If I were tactacam, and saw this video I would be pissed for the above reasons. I would also be pissed that one of the first videos to hit Texas hunters leaves so many unanswered questions in what was supposed to be a full breakdown and set up. You see, joe was so happy tonged his camera he forgot to include basic details. The other humorous thing is joe is so inexperienced he doesn’t even know what to put in his videos. Yet, he passes off himself as a pro. I was offering constructive criticism to his video, which I typically do to all his videos. Ways to make it better. You saw joes reply about having a clean workspace...that’s the typical joe reply...

Basically what I am trying to say is if he had done his job, you wouldn’t have had to ask those 5 very simple but important questions.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Texas buckeye] #7910596 07/23/20 05:52 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye

This is why I wrote what I wrote. Joe has a history of making partly complete videos or bad videos and then passing the hem off as a professional job. He is sponsored by tactacam. If I were tactacam, and saw this video I would be pissed for the above reasons. I would also be pissed that one of the first videos to hit Texas hunters leaves so many unanswered questions in what was supposed to be a full breakdown and set up. You see, joe was so happy tonged his camera he forgot to include basic details. The other humorous thing is joe is so inexperienced he doesn’t even know what to put in his videos. Yet, he passes off himself as a pro. I was offering constructive criticism to his video, which I typically do to all his videos. Ways to make it better. You saw joes reply about having a clean workspace...that’s the typical joe reply...

Basically what I am trying to say is if he had done his job, you wouldn’t have had to ask those 5 very simple but important questions.

I hear ya bro.

But, I guess you didn't get the memo that all you need to do to be a 'pro' these days is to key up a few youtube videos!
roflmao

I do believe you and I would have a hell of a good time sittin' around a big campfire with a couple of adult beverages doing what old Gus McCray like to say, talking some 'philosophy'!

up cheers

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Texas buckeye] #7910684 07/23/20 06:55 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

If you can find where I have claimed to be a Pro please let me know. I can guarantee I have never claimed to be a pro.

And to my point previously... That IS Clean for the Jeep. Its washed off. A lot of that is mud stains and blood stains that wont come off with normal washing. I get it dirty every time I go out so the outside does not get detailed. Its a hunting Jeep. haha

Anyway I never insulted you, and you come out swinging. Only place my videos get bad wrap and feedback is here with all the keyboard warriors.

Trust me, my sponsors are perfectly ecstatic and happy with what we provide and our quality. Thanks for your concern :-)

Last edited by jtprocaddie; 07/23/20 07:06 PM.

Joseph Trousdale
Host Texas Game Hunters TV
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #7910690 07/23/20 06:58 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

It takes 12 AA Batteries as it is stated in the video
Battery life is Aprox 2,000 pictures, which is standard with most cell cameras - However, they do not state what the battery life is with Lithium batteries and I have not reached that point as of yet.
I have not put them side by side to other cameras as of yet. So I cannot answer that question
As stated in the video you can adjust all setting inside the app as well.

Thanks for the questions.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7910949 07/23/20 10:52 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by jtprocaddie

If you can find where I have claimed to be a Pro please let me know. I can guarantee I have never claimed to be a pro.

And to my point previously... That IS Clean for the Jeep. Its washed off. A lot of that is mud stains and blood stains that wont come off with normal washing. I get it dirty every time I go out so the outside does not get detailed. Its a hunting Jeep. haha

Anyway I never insulted you, and you come out swinging. Only place my videos get bad wrap and feedback is here with all the keyboard warriors.

Trust me, my sponsors are perfectly ecstatic and happy with what we provide and our quality. Thanks for your concern :-)

I am glad your sponsors are happy with your work. That’s the point of it all right?

I wasn’t swinging either, that was just stating the obvious, and I used your response to critique with the Jeep as an example, if you take that as swinging then I would hate to see you in an actual argument.

I really am trying to help you see the light. Everyone else on here has quit on you. I want to see people succeed, but you have to want to get better. Based on the number of questions over basic game camera details, my guess is you are simply trying to show us your stuff and not actually do a “full breakdown and set up” in your video. It’s all good my man, all good.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Texas buckeye] #7910983 07/23/20 11:30 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

I wasn’t swinging either, that was just stating the obvious, and I used your response to critique with the Jeep as an example, if you take that as swinging then I would hate to see you in an actual argument.

I really am trying to help you see the light. Everyone else on here has quit on you. I want to see people succeed, but you have to want to get better. Based on the number of questions over basic game camera details, my guess is you are simply trying to show us your stuff and not actually do a “full breakdown and set up” in your video. It’s all good my man, all good.

Not in your original comment. I welcome the feedback. Was your reply to the other guy's comment you got a little nasty. lol

But I agree there were some things I could have added that I didn't. But I wanted to make it a simple how to get started video and look thru the features. Keep it simple.

I understand your comment 100%

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7911829 07/24/20 06:24 PM
D
DQ Kid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Never thought I'd admit it, but I miss JT's videos of 5-6 hogs being shot, some gutshot, some shot in the rear or 3-4 deer being shot, some in the gut, some on the run.Can we get back to those days please. LOL

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7911892 07/24/20 07:04 PM
P
pittdog33 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
Can you set up a solar powered battery system with this or only run off the internal batteries?

I dont know what we're put on this earth to do but we're here damn it!
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: DQ Kid] #7912348 07/25/20 01:47 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Never thought I'd admit it, but I miss JT's videos of 5-6 hogs being shot, some gutshot, some shot in the rear or 3-4 deer being shot, some in the gut, some on the run.Can we get back to those days please. LOL

never gut shot a deer lol but nice try

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7913788 07/26/20 04:59 PM
D
Daddybigbuck Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Is this camera being made by the same company that makes the Spy Point camera and being package with the Tatacam cover? I hear the transmission speed is very slow. IE the time from when the pic is taken to the time you get the notification on the app. What's your experience here?

For those asking I have read the Tatacam will have a external battery and solar panel coming out possibly by September... You will not plug a solar panel into the camera and charge internal batteries!!

For those in the DFW area Bass Pro Shop had plenty of the Verizon Cameras yesterday for $99.99. I did not not see any AT&T cameras and read on another site that the release of these has been delayed but I do not know this for a fact maybe JT can speak to this since he is a field staffer.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: DQ Kid] #7914200 07/26/20 11:26 PM
S
SR025 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: DQ Kid] #7916139 07/28/20 04:49 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

Same here. Now that was entertainment!

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7916144 07/28/20 04:54 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Do any legitimate hunters endorse this product?

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Sneaky] #7916342 07/28/20 08:05 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I know very little about game cams and much less about the cellular stuff. I guess the excitement about this one is that its a lot cheaper, or what?? I know the guy on our place uses cuddelink and I think they are about 250 each.
For what its worth, I dont know the history on the guy doing these videos but it sounds like some of his other stuff is iffy.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: Sneaky] #7916422 07/28/20 09:14 PM
J
jrfan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Sneaky

I put one up this past Sunday. Unfortunately, that same night, my cows decided I didn't have it placed properly. Now I get pics of the ground. As soon as I can get it adjusted again, I will give a review.

[Linked Image]
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: freerange] #7916888 07/29/20 03:38 AM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted by freerange
I know very little about game cams and much less about the cellular stuff. I guess the excitement about this one is that its a lot cheaper, or what?? I know the guy on our place uses cuddelink and I think they are about 250 each.
For what its worth, I dont know the history on the guy doing these videos but it sounds like some of his other stuff is iffy.

Just the same few guys on here that bash the videos I make.. I got over it a long time ago. You can see for yourself and make your own decision.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4okcNLcQRwKSgx421Ct8Lw/

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7917067 07/29/20 12:59 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

It takes 12 AA Batteries as it is stated in the video
Battery life is Aprox 2,000 pictures, which is standard with most cell cameras - However, they do not state what the battery life is with Lithium batteries and I have not reached that point as of yet.
I have not put them side by side to other cameras as of yet. So I cannot answer that question
As stated in the video you can adjust all setting inside the app as well.

Thanks for the questions.

Thanks for the answers.
Do you have an answer on what the trigger speed actually is?

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7917070 07/29/20 01:02 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

My response to this is then you have either not been hunting long or have not shot many deer. Or, more likely, both.

I've heard statements like this before and also "I've never missed a deer" and that makes it very, very obvious to me the person is either FOS or not very experienced.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: freerange] #7917079 07/29/20 01:09 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by freerange

If you look hard enough you can find both the spypoint and the bushnell cellular cameras for the same price when they go on sale.
My buddies use the spypoints and I have a bushnell. My bushnell is very quick to transmit as it will send me a thumbnail pic of a animal at my feeder and I will get up and walk over to the kitchen window with binocs and there it is 350+ yards away. We've killed numerous coyotes with the assistance of it. lol

My buddies do like their spypoints and seem to have little trouble getting pictures from both Eldorado area and the others are about as remote as you can get in Maverick county dead center between EP, Carrizo, and LaPryor.

I spent my last penny on a Cuddeback product several years ago and would not try one of their cellular models if they gave it to me. I had two of their cameras and had problems with both and their customer service was pure D chit.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: jrfan] #7917083 07/29/20 01:12 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by jrfan

I put one up this past Sunday. Unfortunately, that same night, my cows decided I didn't have it placed properly. Now I get pics of the ground. As soon as I can get it adjusted again, I will give a review.

lmao

Yup, I got some mommas at the house that cannot leave anything alone.....unless it has 5k volts barricading it off!
Good God they are nosy as hell for sure

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #7917252 07/29/20 04:00 PM
J
jrfan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jrfan

lmao

Yup, I got some mommas at the house that cannot leave anything alone.....unless it has 5k volts barricading it off!
Good God they are nosy as hell for sure

I went from this.....
[Linked Image]
To this....
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #7917398 07/29/20 06:11 PM
T
TXGH Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

My response to this is then you have either not been hunting long or have not shot many deer. Or, more likely, both.

I've heard statements like this before and also "I've never missed a deer" and that makes it very, very obvious to me the person is either FOS or not very experienced.

I have missed a deer, But have not gut shot one yet. I have gut shot hogs and other predators, but have been fortunate to not gut shot a deer as of yet.

Joseph Trousdale
TXGameHunters.com

www.TXgamehunters.com
Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7917520 07/29/20 08:16 PM
D
DQ Kid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I will give JT some credit for improving his video product over the last recent few seasons. You have taken some legitimate feedback to heart and made an effort to improve your product! For a guy hunting deer for less than 10 years, keep improving at your trade.

Re: Reveal by Tactacam - First look, breakdown and features [Re: TXGH] #7918121 07/30/20 10:42 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Buck being harsh here and would politely suggest most of his “help” would be better presented by PM.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide