Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: jskin] #8651053 07/28/22 08:07 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by jskin
Some people wake up just to worry about something! Just live life and be as smart as you can. Everything gonna be alright

This place is Worry Central

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: GusWayne] #8651060 07/28/22 08:09 PM
C
coachwhite34 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted by procraft05
Lemme rephrase that

The purple haired fat girls will break us

Especially if they are on top.

Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: pegasaurus] #8651078 07/28/22 08:25 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
On second thought, the fewer the better.

Last edited by Hudbone; 07/28/22 08:33 PM.
Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: pegasaurus] #8651082 07/28/22 08:33 PM
N
Nathan at Fork Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
No one family prepared will do well for long when others are starving and desperate, it will take a community or a coming together of families in one spot to guard what you have. Only a few people can't stay vigilant or guard what you have long enough when others want to take it.

[Linked Image]
Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: pegasaurus] #8651084 07/28/22 08:34 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Nathan be right, if you want to be safe, you gotta go to place where it is actually hard to make things work. If you are in a prime spot, someones gonna want to take it from you.

Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: Nathan at Fork] #8651107 07/28/22 09:08 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Nathan at Fork
No one family prepared will do well for long when others are starving and desperate, it will take a community or a coming together of families in one spot to guard what you have. Only a few people can't stay vigilant or guard what you have long enough when others want to take it.

Yep. Between the Army & combat Marine Vets, LEO's, avid outdoorsman/hunters/gun enthusiasts in my circle of family and friends - we'd be a tuff nut to crack teamed up together in a SHTF survival situation in a rural setting. There is a reason some of us buy multiple AR's, cases of drum mags, cases of 30 rd mags, cases of ammo and all sorts of other equipment. They might eventually take us with enough people, but we'll be taking a whole lot of them with us first. yingyang

Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: skinnerback] #8651130 07/28/22 09:32 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by skinnerback

Yep. Between the Army & combat Marine Vets, LEO's, avid outdoorsman/hunters/gun enthusiasts in my circle of family and friends - we'd be a tuff nut to crack teamed up together in a SHTF survival situation in a rural setting. There is a reason some of us buy multiple AR's, cases of drum mags, cases of 30 rd mags, cases of ammo and all sorts of other equipment. They might eventually take us with enough people, but we'll be taking a whole lot of them with us first. yingyang

This is how you have a chance to survive, by banding together. Small family units with food stocks won’t have much chance.

To be determined
Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8651131 07/28/22 09:33 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

This is how you have a chance to survive, by banding together. Small family units with food stocks won’t have much chance.

Agreed.

Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: pegasaurus] #8651133 07/28/22 09:40 PM
T
talkturkey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
SHTF thread has 9 pages, and WWYD lottery win only has 5... is it because SHTF odds are greater than WWYD lottery win, or what confused2

Last edited by talkturkey; 07/28/22 09:40 PM.
Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: J.G.] #8651155 07/28/22 10:09 PM
B
bucksnbass357 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
amazes me those with land, 100's of gallons of water, bunches of dried food, tons of guns and ammo, think they will survive any longer than the rest.

over is over

When the heavily armed, roving and raiding horde of about 200 people show up to take their stuff, it won't matter. People often only think about protecting themselves from one or just a couple of people intent on pillaging.

Books will be written about what I do.

salute

Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: KRoyal] #8651162 07/28/22 10:22 PM
Texas452 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by KRoyal
amazes me those with land, 100's of gallons of water, bunches of dried food, tons of guns and ammo, think they will survive any longer than the rest.

over is over

It amazes me the illprepared always say this. Just like throw up your hands and not do anything because you’re just accepting someone will take it. They’re going to have a hell of a time taking my stuff, I might die, but I’ll die on my feet fighting them.

Here
Here

Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: skinnerback] #8651170 07/28/22 10:31 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Agreed.

I’m coming to your house Spencer! up cheers

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: pegasaurus] #8651175 07/28/22 10:40 PM
7six2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Need a tall pair of rubber boots before wading off into this thread.

Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8651195 07/28/22 11:10 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
grin My place has been called a compound before lol.

Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: J.G.] #8651217 07/28/22 11:35 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

over is over

When the heavily armed, roving and raiding horde of about 200 people show up to take their stuff, it won't matter. People often only think about protecting themselves from one or just a couple of people intent on pillaging.

Books will be written about what I do.

"What NOT to do in a Global Collapse"

smile ani

To be determined
Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: 7six2] #8651222 07/28/22 11:38 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by 7six2

Waders

Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: ducknbass] #8651267 07/29/22 01:11 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Originally Posted by 7six2

Waders

Hard hat diving gear no doubt. Rabbit Starvation.

To be determined
Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: skinnerback] #8651278 07/29/22 01:36 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Whole lot of friends have said they're coming to my place. They've all been told to make sure I can clearly see them at the gates (250Y) first.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: J.G.] #8651306 07/29/22 02:13 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Whole lot of friends have said they're coming to my place. They've all been told to make sure I can clearly see them at the gates (250Y) first.

I can believe that. The ones to worry about don’t come through the gates. They enter at night in multiple groups, through different overland routes. Or maybe they set up multiple snipers outside of the perimeter just watching until the right moment.

To be determined
Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: pegasaurus] #8651320 07/29/22 02:34 AM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Someone said it best on The Ticket a few years ago. Doomsday preppers spend all their time and money stocking food & supplies, buying guns & ammo, training, preparing for apocalypse…..all just to live a couple weeks longer than everyone else.

Live your life and when you croak you’re either in or out at the pearly gates. Its really that simple.

Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: pegasaurus] #8651324 07/29/22 02:47 AM
M
Marc K Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
There really are people who are well prepared to be reasonably self sufficient because they have been hard at it for years. Because of my work, I see surprisingly clever compounds that were designed and built by very serious groups of smart people. Not everything is what it appears to be!

Having a wide variety of people with a wide variety of overlapping skill sets is a common theme.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: pegasaurus] #8651374 07/29/22 05:28 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Moral here is to row you’re own boat.

Some will be up S creek, without a paddle

Paddle or not, I’ll take their boat if I have too

Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: pegasaurus] #8651379 07/29/22 05:56 AM
D
DannyB Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I just hope we are underestimating our government, post mid-term elections. If that's the case when the highly over levered banks go bust, and we wake up on Monday morning to banks being closed, like what happened in Greece, that we will have the banks open in a day or so.

I believe there are some at the top that know this will happen. It's just simple math. Also, whether anyone knows this or not, there won't be a bank bail out like 2008. FDIC is nothing more than a warm fuzzy feeling. Their funding amounts to a teacup of water for a building fire. The legislation is in place. I think it is through Dodd Frank legislation. There will be bank bail ins. You wake up the next morning with X percentage less in your account. Don't believe me? Open an account tomorrow and read the docs. As a depositor your are an unsecured creditor to the bank.

If you run a business or simply want to sit on cash and don't want the bank risks open a Treasury Direct account and use 30-Day T-Bills. I've had one for years. The funds don't earn zip. I consider the inflation on those very low earning funds as my cost to be ready to pounce on a deal.

Hopefully this is a worsts case scenario, and way better than the dooms day BS above.

Re: SHTF the US Economy Collapses [Re: pegasaurus] #8651500 07/29/22 01:30 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I can believe that. The ones to worry about don’t come through the gates. They enter at night in multiple groups, through different overland routes. Or maybe they set up multiple snipers outside of the perimeter just watching until the right moment.

I understand what you are saying but you get 2-3 hours out side major metropolitan area that’s 100-210 miles. knowing where to go and getting there are some rather large tasks. Good luck finding maps.

I’d fear lack of fire suppression way more then humans.

I get their are a few on here that are all ready for their last meal. They Have lived his life, and feel their best days are past, as they raised their families and now their families have families.

I’m not overly worried about the lose of power, media, AI, algorithms etc. Humans will resort back to the strength of community in hard times. It’s human nature. Every civilization does the same. We can visit the harshest most desolate places in the world and that still rings true.

You are telling be that there are tribes in Afghanistan that have with stood taliban for decades but we couldnt save ourselves?

You and Buzz can save yourself a bullet for your last meal. I’ll die old watching my family flourish

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide