Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by 2Beez
Did you guys hear about the little girl that put blood all over herself to not get shot. [censored] up forever but genius in the moment. I never heard if that was true or not but I am not looking into this much as I have kids that turn 3 on July 9th.

There has been so much misinformation about the incident that’s been pushed out by the media, who knows what actual facts really are.

This isn't all on the media, although they are part of it. Some of the bad information is also coming from officials/LEOs speculating. Such was the SRO story from DPS.
Other details have also changed, coming from law enforcement.

They still haven't said where the SRO was coming from and why he was not there.

Let me try and clear this up for you, small ISD Police Department, chief and four to six officers depending on who is telling the story, four campuses from what I understand, Now figure in shift coverage, days off, vacations, sick leaves.....I can almost assure you that each of the four campuses doesn't have continuous full day coverage. Once again for you guys from big cities with lots of tax money, manpower and equipment.....this ain't the same.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Superduty] #8608370 05/30/22 01:57 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Superduty
I am learning a lot of members here need to learn how to use the "quote" button.

peep

I have heard this many times, I push the Quote Button and type my response.....is there something more that needs to be done to satisfy the masses here?

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Concho] #8608378 05/30/22 02:13 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
I don't think it's too much to ask. They can answer and move on. If he was at lunch- fine, if he was at another campus because of manning - fine, if he was on duty having a nooner - not fine.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Simple Searcher] #8608379 05/30/22 02:15 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Simple Searcher
Did you guys hear about the little girl that put blood all over herself to not get shot. [censored] up forever but genius in the moment. I never heard if that was true or not but I am not looking into this much as I have kids that turn 3 on July 9th.

There has been so much misinformation about the incident that’s been pushed out by the media, who knows what actual facts really are.

This isn't all on the media, although they are part of it. Some of the bad information is also coming from officials/LEOs speculating. Such was the SRO story from DPS.
Other details have also changed, coming from law enforcement.

I understand there was an SRO who responded early on, but drove past the shooter as the shooter was hiding behind vehicles in the parking lot.....this is the first and maybe biggest missed opportunity to have stopped the shooter (Not Blaming the SRO, he/she was dealing with the known information at the time and this was apparently very early in this tragedy). The SRO reportedly went to the rear of the school where he/she confronted a person he/she thought to be the bad guy, but turned out to be a teacher. The shooter then entered through an open door, entered a classroom with access to an adjoining classroom through a common restroom area, and locked the door behind him. This is tragedy in every sense of the word, it has been politicalized and Monday Morning Quarterbacked by every entity known to mankind. Mistakes were made, there is no doubts about that fact. I heard the above details from the press conferences so details may change, but I watched the coverage almost non-stop to hear what details were given.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8608380 05/30/22 02:15 PM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
I just read the door was opened with a key, not breached

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: GusWayne] #8608387 05/30/22 02:23 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by procraft05
I just read the door was opened with a key, not breached

That is the known information at this time.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Bee'z] #8608403 05/30/22 02:38 PM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E

found this on my local news.
In one of those rooms, Miah Cerrillo, 11, covered herself with a friend’s blood to look dead, she told CNN. After the shooter moved into the adjacent room, she could hear screams, more gunfire and music being blared by the gunman.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8608413 05/30/22 02:42 PM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps
Let back off on the name calling.

I read the same article as DC about the BP was for riot control at prison. 4 BP enter building with the lead having a Bullet shield. Janitor unlocked door for BP. enter was made and perp was killed.

�Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.�
~ John Muir
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8608415 05/30/22 02:43 PM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
I know it is a sensitive subject and the incident has tugged a lot of heartstrings, but for those on this thread who can't have a conversation without name calling each other, stop or your going to be removed.

8. We promote a friendly atmosphere for hunters to exchange ideas. Differences of opinions are welcome and are an important part of this format. We do not, however, tolerate those that try to start an argument with every post. If you are looking to agitate people, simply to get a response or if you are a troller, this is not the place for you.

9. No personal attacks – if you disagree with someone, state your case intelligently and back it up with facts. You will be warned once. If the behavior continues, you will be banned from the forum for at least a month and possibly permanently. DO NOT HARASS PEOPLE WITH EMAIL OR VIA PM WHEN YOU HAVE A DISAGREEMENT ON THE FORUM.

10. Do not try to solve personal problems live on the forum. Most of the members aren't interested in watching you and someone else resolve your problems live on the THF. If you are concerned about an interaction with someone and are interested in resolving it, send him or her an email (if they offer an email address in their forum profile). If you don't get a response, just let it go. They may not be interested in communicating with you. If you feel the need to make a public apology about something or to someone, please do so, however, if you don’t get a response, just let it go.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Big_Country01] #8608662 05/30/22 09:15 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Big_Country01
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Again, if this is how the facts of the situation played out, how could the LE do anything more? If they were in the building, outside the locked classroom with no way to get in, within 2 minutes and the majority of the shots fired were done before that, what more could they have done? I am asking as a non-LE non-expert in door breaching techniques.

It is hard to wrap our heads around the trauma those poor kids that were shot went through and the trauma of the survivors will be lifelong. And I know we want to "blame something" instead of blaming someone for this debacle, but this is far different form the MSM narrative that LE didn't enter the building for a full 40-60 minutes.

The low tech way is with this:

[Linked Image]
And a flathead axe or 8 pound sledge. And yes, outward swinging doors can be forced toward you, if the two doing the work know their techniques.

The "more cowbell way" is with this.

[Linked Image]

Only two cuts if it is a doorknob lock. 45° cut below the lock, and a corresponding one above the lock, intersecting with the bottom cut. If there was a magnalock on the top of the door, one 45° cut there too.

Loud as hell, and will take a couple minutes. But that is the answer to make a closed door, closed no more.

That's easy to say here, where there is not an armed assailant firing an AR15 in your direction.

Get into the fight, it's their job, it's what they signed up for..."Protect & Serve".

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: ntxtrapper] #8608666 05/30/22 09:22 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Actually the misinformation push has been by the LE spokespersons. Everyone of them has lied through their teeth. They lost so much credibility. It took the DPS HMFIC to finally come out and say they (on scene commander) eff'd up.

Last edited by TXGUNNER308; 05/30/22 09:32 PM.

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Big_Country01] #8608678 05/30/22 09:36 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Again, if this is how the facts of the situation played out, how could the LE do anything more? If they were in the building, outside the locked classroom with no way to get in, within 2 minutes and the majority of the shots fired were done before that, what more could they have done? I am asking as a non-LE non-expert in door breaching techniques.

It is hard to wrap our heads around the trauma those poor kids that were shot went through and the trauma of the survivors will be lifelong. And I know we want to "blame something" instead of blaming someone for this debacle, but this is far different form the MSM narrative that LE didn't enter the building for a full 40-60 minutes.

[Linked Image]
And a flathead axe or 8 pound sledge. And yes, outward swinging doors can be forced toward you, if the two doing the work know their techniques.

[Linked Image]

Only two cuts if it is a doorknob lock. 45° cut below the lock, and a corresponding one above the lock, intersecting with the bottom cut. If there was a magnalock on the top of the door, one 45° cut there too.

Loud as hell, and will take a couple minutes. But that is the answer to make a closed door, closed no more.

That's easy to say here, where there is not an armed assailant firing an AR15 in your direction.

Yep.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: The Dude Abides] #8608693 05/30/22 09:49 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Get into the fight, it's their job, it's what they signed up for..."Protect & Serve".

Actually it’s not our job to get killed by poor tactical decisions

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: The Dude Abides] #8608701 05/30/22 09:52 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

Actually the misinformation push has been by the LE spokespersons. Everyone of them has lied through their teeth. They lost so much credibility. It took the DPS HMFIC to finally come out and say they (on scene commander) eff'd up.

You have no way of knowing who is/was lying or if they just had bad information in the mist of a tragedy.....damn, I'd hate to be so prefect that I never made a mistake, maybe some of you heroes could sign up for duty.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8608704 05/30/22 09:57 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
^ Pretty obvious. The parents had more balls than the onsite officers did. BIL...you know me well enough to know that I would have no issues running into the "fire" to save kids.

Hey Concho...all you do is run your fingers across your keyboard and your mouth. You don't exist to me.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Concho] #8608706 05/30/22 09:59 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Concho

You have no way of knowing who is/was lying or if they just had bad information in the mist of a tragedy.....damn, I'd hate to be so prefect that I never made a mistake, maybe some of you heroes could sign up for duty. And by-the-way that was a selfish decision by DPS leader to throw the on-scene commander under the bus, sad day for law enforcement for sure.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: The Dude Abides] #8608710 05/30/22 10:02 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
^ Pretty obvious. The parents had more balls than the onsite officers did. BIL...you know me well enough to know that I would have no issues running into the "fire" to save kids.

Hey Concho...all you do is run your fingers across your keyboard and your mouth. You don't exist to me.

So, if I'm not hitting a nerve for you, why are you responding to my posts? I don't know you at all, never met you that I know, and don't care to meet you. How do you know what parents did or didn't do at this scene other than what you have heard on the main stream media, who are known for their lies.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8608724 05/30/22 10:27 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
The only active shooter scene I responded to, that turned out to be legitimate, was absolute chaos. Injured and dead everywhere, a pipe bomb that had been detonated, incomplete information being relayed over the radio and a 100% dynamic scene with the response plan changing minute by minute.

Anyone's attempt to come to any absolute conclusions about this current incident, is the result of them never responding to a scene like this one.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: ntxtrapper] #8608731 05/30/22 10:33 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
The only active shooter scene I responded to, that turned out to be legitimate, was absolute chaos. Injured and dead everywhere, a pipe bomb that had been detonated, incomplete information being relayed over the radio and a 100% dynamic scene with the response plan changing minute by minute.

Anyone's attempt to come to any absolute conclusions about this current incident, is the result of them never responding to a scene like this one.

Yes, I also have responded to an active shooter scene, those who know my identity know what occurred, and I believe I have some pretty good insight on these folks, my guy also was what I would describe as a mentally ill person who gave plenty of warning about his intent, people were scared of him, but that didn't stop the situation. These calls are usually total chaos and lots of misinformation initially surfaces, Monday Morning Quarterbacking serves no purpose what-so-ever, other than making good news headlines.

Last edited by Concho; 05/30/22 10:35 PM.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Concho] #8608754 05/30/22 11:02 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I may have never been a LEO but I am a former EOD Bomb Tech (military and contractor). I have responded to live ordnance and UXO scenarios that were stressful and chaotic. So I do know a thing or two about these scenes and situations. I never worked with another EOD Bomb Tech that would not hesitate to be the first one through the door or approach hazardous device to save lives.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: The Dude Abides] #8608756 05/30/22 11:05 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
I may have never been a LEO but I am a former EOD Bomb Tech (military and contractor). I have responded to live ordnance and UXO scenarios that were stressful and chaotic. So I do know a thing or two about these scenes and situations. I never worked with another EOD Bomb Tech that would not hesitate to be the first one through the door or approach hazardous device to save lives.

Thank you for your service.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8608765 05/30/22 11:24 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
My wife pointed out an interesting hypocrisy.

All of these Democrats saying pray for the victims of the school shooting, yet they will not allow Christians children and employees to pray in school or at other functions off campus.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: Stub] #8608767 05/30/22 11:28 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Stub
My wife pointed out an interesting hypocrisy.

All of these Democrats saying pray for the victims of the school shooting, yet they will not allow Christians children and employees to pray in school or at other functions off campus.

Yes, very telling, they are hypocrites.

Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: jskin] #8608774 05/30/22 11:41 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The school is spread out into 6 or more buildings. Were the parents rushing to the building with the shooter or the other ones? From the news sources no parent tried break out windows in the 2 rooms the shooter was locked in.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: LEO question about Uvalde shooting [Re: dogcatcher] #8608791 05/30/22 11:55 PM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
The school is spread out into 6 or more buildings. Were the parents rushing to the building with the shooter or the other ones? From the news sources no parent tried break out windows in the 2 rooms the shooter was locked in.

There were windows to break out?

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide