Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
Re: New college football thread [Re: Smokey Bear] #8496015 01/05/22 11:46 PM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
What I wonder about is all these players being broke their whole life and suddenly A&M and Texas is giving them 5 thousand dollars a month+ That money is going to ruin some of them.

Re: New college football thread [Re: Espy] #8496021 01/05/22 11:55 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Espy
What I wonder about is all these players being broke their whole life and suddenly A&M and Texas is giving them 5 thousand dollars a month+ That money is going to ruin some of them.

No doubt. These new 18/19 yr old millionaires are gonna be tough to manage. They better have plenty of councilors and they better be willing to take advice. I anticipate many are gonna let it destroy them. It’s a challenge every coaching staff better start gearing up for.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: New college football thread [Re: ducknbass] #8496028 01/06/22 12:03 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
True, I am not sure if the world could have taken a one loss UT getting shut out of the playoffs (because they have one really loud and annoying fan base as well), but that isn't exactly what happened here.

aTm went 8-4, 4-4 in conference and beat up on a couple lesser division schools to get that record.

Now they are acting like they have won all kinds of conference titles, some natties, and have been in the playoffs for a while and just had a down year....

This is the classic aggie fan. Delusional as far as the horizon. they have yet to compete for an SEC title since going there, they last won a conference (BIG 12) title over 2 decades ago, and they haven't sniffed a natty nor played in a meaningful bowl in a long long time. And this recruiting class is gonna change all that? Delusional until the sun don't shine is what I think.

“They” =Rancher

Never acted that way at all, period, that’s a figment of buckeyes imagination. Show me ONCE where I bragged about how excellent we are. Just noting how a team with a 9 and 1 year peaking at 4th in the nation, and followed with a year where we beat bama in spite of losing our starting qb, now getting an infusion of extremely blue blood has EVERYTHING to look forward to. That is NOT “Now they are acting like they have won all kinds of conference titles, some natties, and have been in the playoffs for a while and just had a down year“

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: New college football thread [Re: Texas buckeye] #8496187 01/06/22 02:57 AM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
True, I am not sure if the world could have taken a one loss UT getting shut out of the playoffs (because they have one really loud and annoying fan base as well), but that isn't exactly what happened here.

aTm went 8-4, 4-4 in conference and beat up on a couple lesser division schools to get that record.

Now they are acting like they have won all kinds of conference titles, some natties, and have been in the playoffs for a while and just had a down year....

This is the classic aggie fan. Delusional as far as the horizon. they have yet to compete for an SEC title since going there, they last won a conference (BIG 12) title over 2 decades ago, and they haven't sniffed a natty nor played in a meaningful bowl in a long long time. And this recruiting class is gonna change all that? Delusional until the sun don't shine is what I think.

You ain't kidding. It takes a special kind of idiot to believe that crap.

Re: New college football thread [Re: Jgraider] #8496248 01/06/22 03:45 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Jgraider

You ain't kidding. It takes a special kind of idiot to believe that crap.

Careful, you might hurt my feelings mouth.

Delusional is believing anything I’ve said on here remotely implies “Now they are acting like they have won all kinds of conference titles, some natties, and have been in the playoffs for a while and just had a down year....”

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: New college football thread [Re: ducknbass] #8496253 01/06/22 03:53 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by 2Beez
They fired coach O. Done with LSU. They may beat aggie next year and that would be the highlight of their season.

You talk about the Aggies more than Rancher. It’s cute. Some country girl probably beat you up in hs wearing maroon.

I could not stand them way before that. I didn't know I hurt your feelings lol

[Linked Image]
Re: New college football thread [Re: Bee'z] #8496360 01/06/22 12:50 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
They fired coach O. Done with LSU. They may beat aggie next year and that would be the highlight of their season.

You talk about the Aggies more than Rancher. It’s cute. Some country girl probably beat you up in hs wearing maroon.

Why?
You get beat up by a yell leader or something?

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: New college football thread [Re: Bee'z] #8496362 01/06/22 12:54 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

roflmao

Re: New college football thread [Re: SR025] #8496749 01/06/22 07:12 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by SR025
Originally Posted by cbump
While rancher is making it easy to pick at the Aggies.

Let’s slow down and reverse the reality.

2020 season Texas goes one loss and gets left out of the playoffs. Imagine ESPN imagine the fans. Just the constant beating that would be.
Imagine what many here would have acted like coming into the season.

Then let’s imagine that Texas had what is being called the best recruiting class in history. Not Aggie history. But of any school.

Many here would act just like rancher. Some would say rightfully so. That’s what makes college sports and discussion so much fun.

I thing we have less longhorns here than you think.

No kidding, I would laugh at a Texas fan saying the same things about winning recruiting and other stuff that doesn’t really matter.

First let me say I don’t have a dog in the fight. I’m an Oklahoma State fan.

Now to get to it: recruiting only doesn’t matter if you are UT. Looking at UT & TAMU this year I see programs headed in different directions. I see an Aggie football team making steps in the right direction to get better that desperately needs a quarterback and knows it. If king had stayed healthy I could think it is reasonable to wonder if they might have finished 10-2 and they are recruiting better than they ever have.
The Longhorns on the other hand have recruited well. Last year was a downward spiral. They were undisciplined and hard to watch. They seemed to find ways to lose games they should have won. There is no doubt UT has a more successful history. If we are talking about the present though the Aggie football team was better this year and will likely be again next year. The ‘22 Longhorns first order of business is to get the monkey off their back.

Last edited by Smokey Bear; 01/06/22 07:13 PM.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: New college football thread [Re: bill oxner] #8498066 01/08/22 12:07 AM
M
Mrives Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
bill you didnt pick my Ole Miss Rebels??? I thought we where friends....Mark Rives

Re: New college football thread [Re: Mrives] #8499152 01/09/22 03:06 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Mrives
bill you didnt pick my Ole Miss Rebels??? I thought we where friends....Mark Rives

That is Captain Mark Rives to me.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: New college football thread [Re: Smokey Bear] #8499155 01/09/22 03:11 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
One more day!

Re: New college football thread [Re: Smokey Bear] #8499239 01/09/22 04:42 PM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Seats prices are starting at 350 each.cheap price for a championship game.

Re: New college football thread [Re: ducknbass] #8499298 01/09/22 06:05 PM
B
Big Fitz Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B

roflmao

Poor Beez, always getting beat up, and now by a girl. roflmao

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
I was wrong...on anything technical.

Originally Posted by Sailor
Fitz............. is right, ya know............
Re: New college football thread [Re: Espy] #8500172 01/10/22 04:39 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Espy
Seats prices are starting at 350 each.cheap price for a championship game.

Wow
I'll say

Friend took 3 customers last year on the corporate dollar and I think the 4 seats were like $9-$10k. And they were good but not great seats.

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: New college football thread [Re: Smokey Bear] #8500183 01/10/22 04:47 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Georgia will get Bammered by 10

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: New college football thread [Re: Smokey Bear] #8500263 01/10/22 06:12 PM
F
fishdfly Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
The Texas A&M Aggies had their issues at quarterback this past season, but as the year went on starting quarterback Zach Calzada began to come into his own.

So much so, that he led the Aggies to an 8-4 record, including a major upset of the then-No. 1 Alabama Crimson Tide in October.

However, Calzada's journey at Texas A&M came to an end, with the sophomore entering the NCAA transfer portal after the end of the regular season.

Now, Calzada's new destination has been revealed, with the Georgia native heading to the Aggies' SEC West rival Auburn Tigers.

Re: New college football thread [Re: fishdfly] #8500424 01/10/22 09:17 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by fishdfly
The Texas A&M Aggies had their issues at quarterback this past season, but as the year went on starting quarterback Zach Calzada began to come into his own.

So much so, that he led the Aggies to an 8-4 record, including a major upset of the then-No. 1 Alabama Crimson Tide in October.

However, Calzada's journey at Texas A&M came to an end, with the sophomore entering the NCAA transfer portal after the end of the regular season.

Now, Calzada's new destination has been revealed, with the Georgia native heading to the Aggies' SEC West rival Auburn Tigers.

Can’t wait to see him sacked by the Wrecking Crew!

Re: New college football thread [Re: fishdfly] #8500430 01/10/22 09:27 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I

He has a very, very good arm......but still had happy feet the last game he played.

He may turn into an all american 1st rounder or he may fizzle. Time will tell. Evidently he didn't want to compete for the starting job in college station this off-season so I say..............C U later! lol

Re: New college football thread [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8500477 01/10/22 10:17 PM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

He has a very, very good arm......but still had happy feet the last game he played.

He may turn into an all american 1st rounder or he may fizzle. Time will tell. Evidently he didn't want to compete for the starting job in college station this off-season so I say..............C U later! lol

Great arm big frame but no touch. His receivers did him no favors by dropping so many catchable passes. But they were all bullets. It is not a bad thing for a qb to leave the Aggies. May win a heisman.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: New college football thread [Re: therancher] #8500925 01/11/22 12:30 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by therancher

Great arm big frame but no touch. His receivers did him no favors by dropping so many catchable passes. But they were all bullets. It is not a bad thing for a qb to leave the Aggies. May win a heisman.

Oh so very true. lmao

I'd take a QB like the Georgia kid in a heartbeat. Not nearly as big or talented as MANY of the college QBs today but he is a flat out gamer and goes out and does what it takes to win at all cost.

Re: New college football thread [Re: Smokey Bear] #8500954 01/11/22 01:13 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
One of the best games ever.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: New college football thread [Re: Smokey Bear] #8500959 01/11/22 01:19 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Roll Dawgs?

1st natty I’ve not watched in some time. Usually get some free 5/7 day streaming subscription and cancel after a few days, just wasn’t in the mood. But when I was awaken at 1am with throw up all over a 6 year old I eventually picked up my phone and checked the score Was surprised looked like a whooping.

For the local yankee. SEC SEC

Re: New college football thread [Re: ducknbass] #8500991 01/11/22 02:14 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Roll Dawgs?

1st natty I’ve not watched in some time. Usually get some free 5/7 day streaming subscription and cancel after a few days, just wasn’t in the mood. But when I was awaken at 1am with throw up all over a 6 year old I eventually picked up my phone and checked the score Was surprised looked like a whooping.

For the local yankee. SEC SEC

It was a good close game. Georgia took the lead with about 4 minutes to go. Bama was just down a TD and was trying to drive with 1 minute left but threw a pick 6 that sealed It. Hope your kid is feeling better.

Re: New college football thread [Re: Smokey Bear] #8501019 01/11/22 02:48 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
She woke up this morning feeling fine as frog hair. juggle

She has a cold think she just gaged on the drainage and kaboom.

Page 23 of 24 1 2 21 22 23 24
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide