Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954658 08/30/20 01:43 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
banana clap banana :clap banana clap banana :clap banana clap banana :clap banana clap banana

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Bike lane [Re: Dustnsand] #7954661 08/30/20 01:45 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by z71dustin
Originally Posted by RJH1
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
I never find it appropriate to yield...

I think you a re a bike rider..... roflmao

Your powers of deduction are amazing, especially since i said i like to ride in the first post I made in this thread...... rofl

Well reading has never been the strength of some around here roflmao

I resemble that remark
roflmao

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954666 08/30/20 01:49 AM
T
tex70 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
The failure to stop at a stop sign never ceases to amaze me, and it seems like they're ALL guilty of it

Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954681 08/30/20 02:07 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
If there’s a bike lane, do they have to be used? There are a ton around here that do NOT

[Linked Image]
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954689 08/30/20 02:14 AM
E
EmergencyDoc Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
Lots of entitled dbags on here, you feel high and mighty coming within inches of hitting a cyclist and brag about doing it. As prior stated, they have rights too. Lots of riders have caught on to the dbag passive aggressive drivers and now ride with go pros and send that footage to the cops after a ride for you to receive a ticket in the mail.

Yes I ride, yes I am courteous and get over whenever someone is coming up. I personally haven’t had an issue with a driver but luckily none of the peeps on here drive where I ride.

My moms now deceased fiancé was hit and killed a few months back on his bicycle. So yes, this hits home with me. Is it really worth destroying your life and someone else’s over petty nonsense? Yes, I know this goes both ways but y’all make it seem one sided.

Both parties need to be respectful. If a biker isn’t on the shoulder it is usually because of road debris and they are trying to avoid it, or at least where I ride. We are not all out to make sure you are late to your pedicure appointment.

Rant over

Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954692 08/30/20 02:16 AM
R
Rounder Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
R
Their mothers sure do dress them funny.

Re: Bike lane [Re: RJH1] #7954698 08/30/20 02:22 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
I never find it appropriate to yield...

I think you a re a bike rider..... roflmao

Your powers of deduction are amazing, especially since i said i like to ride in the first post I made in this thread...... rofl

Sorry, I did not read your first post. Maybe you're one of those I gently nudged into a ditch? roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Bike lane [Re: majekman] #7954700 08/30/20 02:22 AM
E
erathar Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted by majekman
Bicyclists Lives Matter

I guess I just found a positive about corpitos, ain't a chance in hell these clowns are going to ride a bike for exercise. A sixer and some cigs yes, but exercise, no way.

Re: Bike lane [Re: Rounder] #7954706 08/30/20 02:31 AM
R
RJH1 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Rounder

I look good in my tight shorts grin

Re: Bike lane [Re: EmergencyDoc] #7954719 08/30/20 02:39 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by EmergencyDoc
Lots of entitled dbags on here, you feel high and mighty coming within inches of hitting a cyclist and brag about doing it. As prior stated, they have rights too. Lots of riders have caught on to the dbag passive aggressive drivers and now ride with go pros and send that footage to the cops after a ride for you to receive a ticket in the mail.

Yes I ride, yes I am courteous and get over whenever someone is coming up. I personally haven’t had an issue with a driver but luckily none of the peeps on here drive where I ride.

My moms now deceased fiancé was hit and killed a few months back on his bicycle. So yes, this hits home with me. Is it really worth destroying your life and someone else’s over petty nonsense? Yes, I know this goes both ways but y’all make it seem one sided.

Both parties need to be respectful. If a biker isn’t on the shoulder it is usually because of road debris and they are trying to avoid it, or at least where I ride. We are not all out to make sure you are late to your pedicure appointment.

Rant over

If bikers used the shoulder more, I personally wouldn’t care what y’all do, but they don’t so they’re in my way, doing half the speed I am and won’t move out of the way. I call that being a jerk. Wearing a go-pro for the tattle tale purposes? I’m not gonna derail this thread with my comments.

[Linked Image]
Re: Bike lane [Re: RJH1] #7954721 08/30/20 02:40 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Rounder

I look good in my tight shorts grin

roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Bike lane [Re: EmergencyDoc] #7954730 08/30/20 02:51 AM
D
DannyB Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Rant over

A few years before my first and only was born (1996) I decided that my love of motorcycles wasn't worth leaving a child and my wife behind. I haven't been on one since.

The roads are much more dangerous now than then. Do you have family and dependents? If so maybe you should reassess your priorities.

I once mentioned to my attorney cousin something about a near accident I had. I said I had the right of way. He said the graveyards are full of those.

Re: Bike lane [Re: Bullfrog] #7954770 08/30/20 03:48 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Bullfrog

Rant over

If bikers used the shoulder more, I personally wouldn’t care what y’all do, but they don’t so they’re in my way, doing half the speed I am and won’t move out of the way. I call that being a jerk. Wearing a go-pro for the tattle tale purposes? I’m not gonna derail this thread with my comments.

Impeding Traffic....

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954772 08/30/20 03:51 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
We make it seem one sided because it is. There’s a reason the cyclists are so outnumbered in this conversation. If they weren’t an issue, not so many people would think that they are.

Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954781 08/30/20 04:10 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
A new meaning for BLM? confused2 roflmao

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
(R-TX)
Re: Bike lane [Re: Sneaky] #7954793 08/30/20 04:24 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
One other tard tried to roll coal on a couple of us, but he didn't quite get it done. It's funny people talk about throwing stuff, or shooting bicyclist with a paintball gun, or want to roll coal on a pedestrian or somebody on a bicycle, but ain't nobody climbed out and tried to whip my [censored] yet.

Originally Posted by Sneaky
We make it seem one sided because it is. There’s a reason the cyclists are so outnumbered in this conversation. If they weren’t an issue, not so many people would think that they are.

My paintball comment was specifically directed at the arsewipes riding three abreast and impeding traffic knowing full well what they were doing and not giving a [censored] about anyone else on the road. I put them in the same category as the jerks that drive slow in the left lane and prick truck drivers who take 3-5 miles to pass another truck going 65 in a 75!

There is a special place in hell for all the selfish bastards!

If you fall into that category then there ya go, if not then you really shouldn’t have an issue with what I said since it wasn’t directed to you!

I yield to faster traffic and pull onto the shoulder to allow others to pass.....which is why I am so intolerant of those selfishness pricks that don’t!

If you’re offended by that, your choice, your problem......

I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954798 08/30/20 04:36 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Exactly.

Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954802 08/30/20 04:42 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
popcorn

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954803 08/30/20 04:43 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Here Here!!!! clap clap clap

[Linked Image]
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954811 08/30/20 05:03 AM
F
fishmorethanhunt Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
I drive quite a bit between Llano and Fredericksburg and have to contend with the spandex crowd couple times/yr.
It’s especially annoying on Bell Mountain as the shoulder is narrow and the cyclists ride in the main lanes. I don’t dislike them but dang man move over a little bit.

Re: Bike lane [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7954820 08/30/20 05:32 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
One other tard tried to roll coal on a couple of us, but he didn't quite get it done. It's funny people talk about throwing stuff, or shooting bicyclist with a paintball gun, or want to roll coal on a pedestrian or somebody on a bicycle, but ain't nobody climbed out and tried to whip my [censored] yet.

My paintball comment was specifically directed at the arsewipes riding three abreast and impeding traffic knowing full well what they were doing and not giving a [censored] about anyone else on the road. I put them in the same category as the jerks that drive slow in the left lane and prick truck drivers who take 3-5 miles to pass another truck going 65 in a 75!

There is a special place in hell for all the selfish bastards!

If you fall into that category then there ya go, if not then you really shouldn’t have an issue with what I said since it wasn’t directed to you!

I yield to faster traffic and pull onto the shoulder to allow others to pass.....which is why I am so intolerant of those selfishness pricks that don’t!

If you’re offended by that, your choice, your problem......

happy3 clap

(R-TX)
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954824 08/30/20 05:38 AM
G
GUTIT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
A few years ago I was hauling a 40 foot cattle trailer full of steers to the sale barn and came up on 3 bicyclists. We were coming up a small hill , had a truck on my left side and I was in the outside lane because I was hauling a hell of a load and when I passed them I was in the Cummins pretty deep and she was making some noise out the exhaust, about the time I passed the lead biker he flipped me off. He must not have seen the 40 feet of Neckover trailer hooked to my truck because he lost his balance and crashed into my cattle trailer.
Many of you may know that those trailers have a walking ledge that runs down the sides that we walk on to push the cattle out or in. When that fella crashed into my trailer he grabbed onto it and hung on for dear life. It took me about 120 feet or so to get stopped, the whole time he was screaming. Now them steers had been in some green grass for about two weeks before sale and they could sh!t thru a screen door, we had em packed tight and a few of them sh!t all over they fella while he was hanging on.
By the time I walked back there his other two friends had caught up. They all looked like 3 of Lance Armstrong’s gay brothers dressed in those yoga shorts and shirts that looked like they were two sizes too small. They helped their friend up and about that time a car pulled up with another little gay looking fella that I imagine followed them for water and such. And he started squawking about already calling the sheriff, etc.
One of the guys started cussin me and ran towards me and many of you that know me know that I am full grown and won’t back down from anyone, so I drew back a right hand fixing to lay him out when he stopped real quick and slipped in his little slippers that had metal on the bottom that I later learned was to lock their feet on the pedals. He fell hard and whacked the back of his head on the road and laid there whining.
About that time the sheriff pulled up and here I am, a big old redneck boy with one bike guy scratched to hell covered in cow sh!t, another one on the ground with his head cracked open and the other two on their phones calling who know. Deputy knows me and says “Kent, what the hell? I raised my hands and said “ I didn’t do nothing” . He got both sides of the story and another truck had stopped and also told the deputy what he saw. Lances gay trio wanted me arrested and he explained I had more right on that FM road than they did. Then they got a lesson on what an FM road meant. I had to get to the sale and asked if I could go, he gave me my license and insurance card to me and I walked away. Left him there to deal with the aftermath.
A long read, but to hell with them damn bicycles.

Stronghold Construction Group
Commercial and Residential Project Management
Managing all your construction needs
Kent@StrongholdConstructionGroupDOTcom

Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954829 08/30/20 05:55 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Gutit, That’s freakin funny!!!!!!

[Linked Image]
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954830 08/30/20 06:05 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
up roflmao roflmao lol35

(R-TX)
Re: Bike lane [Re: Creekrunner] #7954831 08/30/20 06:13 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Fantastic story! Too bad it doesn’t happen more often.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide