Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7889851 07/04/20 01:59 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Yes PPE can project you if the correct PPE and worn properly....

So, in your esteemed medical opinion, joe public wear masks is how effective? 1%, 5%, 50%, 99%???????

Name your number popcorn

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Texas buckeye] #7889852 07/04/20 02:00 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Originally Posted by Mike W
Anyone who thinks the CDC is not fudging the numbers has let their cheese slide off their cracker. Just too many examples out there.

Watching the blind lead the ignorant is disheartening. Most people on this board should know better by now..

MikeW, I posit this question simply as a rhetoric rather than debate:

Is it better to be led by the blind or the disillusioned? The answer lies in that the blind will occasionally find their quarry simply out of luck, but the disillusioned find it far less, for the simple fact their view of the target is simply a figment that exists in mere imagination.

You know, that’s not a bad point. Like Mike pointed out, using your brain is better than both of those options, though.

When using your brain leads to you pounding sand all day in the hope it turns into a diamond, I would second guess the people that tell you to pound sand. We know as a species the force and pressure it takes to create a diamond from Sand and how the human is incapable Of it without mechanical force and pressure. So why then, do we continue to pound sand against something that we have no force or pressure against?

Wouldn’t it be smarter to Throw the sand in a different mechanism capable
Of procuring a diamond and not Waste energy doing what most people refer to as the absolute definition of insanity, “doing the exact same thing and expecting a different result”

Mike is content with us pounding sand. Let him have his hard handed sand pounders.
I am More content among the group who feel finding a different mechanism is the answer. We are both in search of the diamond. We both have the same goal in mind.

Pounding sand sounds like doing something that’s ineffective. I believe you’re looking at the wrong side of the coin.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7889853 07/04/20 02:01 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
But make no mistake about it, PPE is for the staff protection, NOT the patients protection.

Hmmmmmm.....soooooo, PPE is to protect the medical staff.....gotcha! So then why are they telling everyone you should wear a mask to protect others....and as stated above, the masks don’t do anything....

You took the bait doc... up

EDIT: The one I was referring to that has to deal with corona patients is an ICU nurse in Houston and wears the sealed suit every day....fyi

I guess podiatrists aren't the experts they think they are and want you to think they are. roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7889864 07/04/20 02:10 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

So, in your esteemed medical opinion, joe public wear masks is how effective? 1%, 5%, 50%, 99%???????

Name your number popcorn

In order to Give an answer, we have to know the actual infection rate, which we don’t. So I couldn’t tell you how much they help.

To argue the counter point, how often does a seat belt protect you while driving? How often do airbags? And yet, those are laws written without any complaint. You buy a new (or recent, meaning in the last 15 years, used) car and it is required to have an airbag, and seat belt. You pay for it whether you ever need it or not.

So, the real question is what level of Protection would make You feel the masks are worthwhile. Even if it protected you 1%, would you risk your life not to wear one? What if the number was 5-50%, would you not protect yourself and your family wearing one?

Personally, I hate the mandate. I feel it is just another shirk of the system placed on business owners to enforce. Have I worn a mask 100% of the time since this has started? Nope. Will I comply with the rule? Yep. I don’t need anyone making a fuss over me and my political stance.

Podiatrist (directed at hogslayer), try again....lol. If I were a podiatrist I would have nothing to worry about but would already be wearing a mask due to the smell

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7889886 07/04/20 02:38 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: majekman] #7889888 07/04/20 02:40 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by majekman
Most of what I’ve gotten outta this thread is Small has game....Buckeye is a well spoken dude and Skinner is much better lookin with mask on......jus sayin

You’re right Cap.
roflmao

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Texas buckeye] #7889906 07/04/20 03:06 AM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T

Name your number popcorn

In order to Give an answer, we have to know the actual infection rate, which we don’t. So I couldn’t tell you how much they help.

To argue the counter point, how often does a seat belt protect you while driving? How often do airbags? And yet, those are laws written without any complaint. You buy a new (or recent, meaning in the last 15 years, used) car and it is required to have an airbag, and seat belt. You pay for it whether you ever need it or not.

So, the real question is what level of Protection would make You feel the masks are worthwhile. Even if it protected you 1%, would you risk your life not to wear one? What if the number was 5-50%, would you not protect yourself and your family wearing one?

Personally, I hate the mandate. I feel it is just another shirk of the system placed on business owners to enforce. Have I worn a mask 100% of the time since this has started? Nope. Will I comply with the rule? Yep. I don’t need anyone making a fuss over me and my political stance.

Podiatrist (directed at hogslayer), try again....lol. If I were a podiatrist I would have nothing to worry about but would already be wearing a mask due to the smell

Bingo.

I erased my comment below this because it was 100% sinful. Hope we can stop using the analogy of sheep, because I (and probably many on here) have a Shepard that I'm proud of.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7889976 07/04/20 05:00 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
The CC doesn't require them. It is funny I can go to very socially distanced grocery store requiring it by law but crowded pool and party doesn't! I push my luck i guess but still follow individual business rules but haven't changed anything I do. Restaurant I went to was empty last night.

Still only friend with it is very careful vegan. Luckily they are just tired with no taste.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7889982 07/04/20 05:08 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Gotta kind of have no taste to be vegan anyway...I think it was BOBO that one time cooked real bacon for his vegan nieces/nephews. Too funny. They couldn’t believe the taste.

Anyway, no one is asking anyone to live in pure fear, but just to be mindful and try not to be stupid in the face of a potentially deadly disease. Similar to don’t drink and drive, don’t be a jerk-was and lick your hands while on the stairs and stuff. Really pretty common sense stuff, aside from the face covering thing, and that’s a small price to pay for what may ultimately save someone’s life. You never know, you just never know.

Btw, similar please are made to some extent during bad flu seasons, just most disregard the messages since we know the flu and what it’s about.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7890004 07/04/20 10:27 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: BigPig] #7890026 07/04/20 12:00 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by BigPig
[Linked Image]

roflmao

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: BigPig] #7890078 07/04/20 01:05 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by BigPig
[Linked Image]

roflmao Saying a Larry the Cable Guy prayer for you

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7890495 07/04/20 08:40 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

[Linked Image]

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7891720 07/06/20 02:09 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Curious if this is better or worse than a cloth mask... scratch

[Linked Image]

I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Texas buckeye] #7891807 07/06/20 03:20 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
When using your brain leads to you pounding sand all day in the hope it turns into a diamond, I would second guess the people that tell you to pound sand.

Well it's either think for yourself and realize that you are being scammed.. or, go along with the crowd of confirmed liars who are doing the scamming and have a serious financial interest in your compliance.

It's not about anything other than waking people up to reality.. kinda like when you were telling everyone HCQ was deadly and gonna kill em if they took it for CV19. Were you the scammer? Or the scammed?

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7891892 07/06/20 04:48 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Mike, please provide a quote where I said everyone that took HCQ would be harmed by the medicine and possibly killed. Dude, you have a serious issue with exaggeration and flat out lying about what I have said in the past, and I am sure you do the same for others on here that don’t tote your echo chamber.

As I asked you to do privately via PM, if you have stuff to contest, please provide the examples and I will be happy to go toe to toe with you. But if you don’t, and you continue to troll my posts and just flat out lie about what I say, then I will report you to the mods for trolling. As I have said before, this is a written word forum, what is said matters because that is all we have to go by. Distorting or lying about what someone said without showing it (quote or link to a previous post) is the same as taking a person through mud and trashing their name. So prove what you said above (that I have said HCQ is deadly and everyone that takes HCQ will die). I am sure the forum will realize who the scammer is...

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Texas buckeye] #7891905 07/06/20 04:55 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Mike, please provide a quote where I said everyone that took HCQ would be harmed by the medicine and possibly killed. Dude, you have a serious issue with exaggeration and flat out lying about what I have said in the past, and I am sure you do the same for others on here that don’t tote your echo chamber.

Oh please, spare us. You and DC were posting crap after crap after crap telling everyone how dangerous HCQ was and how it could be deadly. The only people it was deadly for were the poor veterans who were overdosed by incompetent fools. Both of you were touting that "Study" where the VA bureaucrats murdered a bunch of folks.

But if you don’t, and you continue to troll my posts and just flat out lie about what I say, then I will report you to the mods for trolling.

The old standby, get the noncompliant voices censored. rolleyes

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7891953 07/06/20 05:24 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
bwahahaha. Try again. The quote button works for everyone, it isn’t troll proof.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7891955 07/06/20 05:25 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
popcorn

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Mike W] #7891961 07/06/20 05:29 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Oh please, spare us. You and DC were posting crap after crap after crap telling everyone how dangerous HCQ was and how it could be deadly. The only people it was deadly for were the poor veterans who were overdosed by incompetent fools. Both of you were touting that "Study" where the VA bureaucrats murdered a bunch of folks.

But if you don’t, and you continue to troll my posts and just flat out lie about what I say, then I will report you to the mods for trolling.

roflmao

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Mike W] #7892158 07/06/20 08:05 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

heck , forget about the fake sites it has a 99.9 survival rate. Truth wins over BS. Yet the fake news and its propaganda artist tell us the world is ending.

[Linked Image]
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7892172 07/06/20 08:15 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Tin Head, you made my point for me....what I argued with MikeW was the mortality being so low, and the risk of taking HCQ being not zero (not high, but not zero) does the risk of not taking it overweigh the risk of taking it? That was a question we didn't know and still don't. It seems studies have been mixed on whether anything actually helps. You can pick and choose all day long on different treatments and different courses, but the bottom line is mortality is very low, less than 1%.

What we do know, is if you get it and need to go to the hospital, your risk of dying raises significantly. If you need a vent, your risk of dying increases significantly again. That much we do know. Other than that, we don't really know much.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7892181 07/06/20 08:23 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
sounds like your talking about two different things but I didnt read your post anyways. Just remember the constant BS being posted

[Linked Image]
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: NewGulf] #7892258 07/06/20 09:23 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Went to to tractor supply today to buy a lawnmower battery, walk in the door, "Sir, we're requiring masks be worn at all times"
" Okay, I'm going O'Reilly's" and out I went...
Still don't know why she called me Sir... Hope I don't look that old confused2 roflmao

Went to O'Reilly's, in and out in 2 minutes with a new battery. No mask

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas [Re: Creekrunner] #7892347 07/06/20 10:33 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by freerange
Originally Posted by majekman
Most of what I’ve gotten outta this thread is Small has game....Buckeye is a well spoken dude and Skinner is much better lookin with mask on......jus sayin

As Bill would say, Majekman is a noticer.

We need a kissazz emoji.

troll

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide