Texas Hunting Forum

Mask order issued for all of Texas

Posted By: NewGulf

Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 08:46 PM

https://abc13.com/harris-county-jud...f-quarantine-stay-at-home-order/6292458/

TEXAS (KTRK) -- In a groundbreaking move on Thursday, Gov. Greg Abbott issued a statewide mask order.

This means every Texan is required to wear a mask or facial covering when out in public. According to the governor, the order applies to all counties in the state with more than 20 confirmed COVID-19 cases.
Posted By: TonyWornick

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 08:46 PM

Per the Gov..

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronav...th-20-or-more-cases-of-covid-19/2399932/
Posted By: cm250

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 08:53 PM

This is BS!!! bang bang
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 08:56 PM

clap

clap
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Hospitals must be filling up.
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 08:57 PM

Thought Abbott even said he did not have authority to impose that.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 08:58 PM

You probably won't be able to find them.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

Oh yeah they have.
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:04 PM

Go HERE to see how many cases your county has. There are about 50 counties with less than 20 cases.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
Go HERE to see how many cases your county has. There are about 50 counties with less than 20 cases.

im headed to one
Posted By: TonyWornick

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:08 PM

I think Buzz and the Gov had a discussion.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die

Click the Active Cases tab, cumulative is irrelevant
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:09 PM

Who does Abbott think he is? That’s ridiculous.
Posted By: Mike W

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:17 PM

They are, with all the non-covid patients that got stuck at home during the lockdown who are now much sicker.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

https://twitter.com/AlexBerenson/status/1277773122301804546

Guess we will find out how they police a mask order when they can't even keep the rioters at bay.
Posted By: rickym

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:21 PM

Heard another one of my coworkers got tested today. Anyone else gets it and it could sink my company!
Posted By: Jasb

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:26 PM

Gonna be a lot of crow to eat at some point
Posted By: freerange

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:26 PM

Bills not gonna be happy, along with about 90% of the vocal minority on here.
Posted By: SnakeWrangler

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:29 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by cm250
This is BS!!! bang bang

My thoughts as well...

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jasb

After the election... 2cents
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:31 PM

Have one in the front seat of my. Truck.
Posted By: Chopped54

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:32 PM

And just like that all the Ken's and Karen's heads explode!

And thank you governor, but too little too late......

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by freerange

You must be good with a hammer because you keep your eye on the nail. Nailed it.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mike W

They are, with all the non-covid patients that got stuck at home during the lockdown who are now much sicker.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Guess we will find out how they police a mask order when they can't even keep the rioters at bay.

Thanks for posting, his 20% number is even higher than the 17% that is being reported. Good news is most the cases he is seeing are mild, which seems most are.
Want to hear from hospital executives at an actual HOSPITAL, go here (fast forward to 26:00) http://rockwalltx.swagit.com/play/0...tu-BvrViLWtgLOBFzxOSUwN_5UASwSoKbQLfzx_c

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:41 PM

My mask

Attached picture 20200702_164120.jpg

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:44 PM

I signed up for this.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:48 PM

I’m in; I don’t want a ticket.
Posted By: Dustnsand

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:52 PM

This is BS!!! bang bang
Posted By: JCB

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:56 PM

It will change nothing for me. I will wear a mask only in stores that order me to. I refuse to wear one simply because Abbott or anyone else says I have to. All that time they spent telling us it does no good and now all of the sudden this is how we are going to save the world. Give me a freakin break!! I hope a real conservative runs against him in the next election.
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 09:56 PM

New rule, everytime I have to wear a mask in public, I'm also going to wear my Trump hat.

The mask makes it harder for the scum to dox you and put you up on social media and try to get you fired for supporting Trump.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:04 PM

So, what is defined as a mask? Surely there’s plenty of room for interpretation, on this one.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:06 PM

The problem is the stores will not let you in without the mask. You could choose not to go in the store; but when you need toilet paper.....
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Gravytrain
New rule, everytime I have to wear a mask in public, I'm also going to wear my Trump hat.

The mask makes it harder for the scum to dox you and put you up on social media and try to get you fired for supporting Trump.

I like that rule. I need a hat. Doesn't change a thing for me. Been wearing a mask to all stores since this carp started. 97yo mother-in-law and wife with diabetes at home. Plus I have a few co-morbidities myself. My lease is in a non-affected county.
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:07 PM

I’m not wearing a mask...
Posted By: samsamthemex

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:07 PM

There is nothing that says how you have to wear a mask, Or what the mask has to be made of. Can a pair of stocking work? what about a robbers mask. Eye holes, nose holes, and mouth hole?

I still don’t plan on wearing one either.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by KRoyal
I’m not wearing a mask...

Only a Lone Ranger mask for me....
I highly doubt abbot will have another term....
Posted By: Cochise

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:14 PM

It's getting out of control with the reaction to this. There is simply too much $$$$$$ involved within the healthcare system and gov (plus all the lobbyist groups that pad the pockets of said politicians).

Is the virus real? Yes

Will a mask help you in any way shape or form? No - a surgical mask is useless very quickly in non-sterile environments (and that is if you're trained in using PPE correctly), a N95 mask is still going to allow virus particles to be exhaled into the environment - after all they're only designed to protect inhalation, and cloth masks are absolutely useless. Like trying to stop a flood with a chain link fence. Those are facts - not opinions.

Tell me something - if masks were the be-all-end-all to keep you safe - why has Dallas County seen a "mass" rise in cases when masks have been MANDATED for two weeks? Don't give me some 14 day incubation BS - science says now it's within 5 days.

Also if this virus is so bad that everyone "must" wear a mask - why are used masks allowed to go in the regular garbage? If what these politicians are pimping is true - that is bio-med waste and should be disposed as a hazardous material.....
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
So, what is defined as a mask? Surely there’s plenty of room for interpretation, on this one.

I bet a bandana is sufficient. I have actually been wearing a mask into businesses. The thing is, it fogs my glasses, causes me to damn near trip, drop things, etc. etc. Just today while registering a trailer at the DMV she told me to "take that damn thing off" after I fumbled around over fogged glasses. I may move to the bandana. I figure it will let my breath out the bottom instead of fogging my glasses, and still do what the PTB intend for it to do, stop a cough or sneeze. I always covered my mouth with my arm anyway.
Posted By: Smokey Bear

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:33 PM

Any idea where I can find clarification? If it’s active cases my county is good without masks. If it’s total since this started it means masks.
It’s ironic that those that said they by gawd would not wear a mask under any circumstances are the ones that forced this mandatory crap on us all.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
Any idea where I can find clarification? If it’s active cases my county is good without masks. If it’s total since this started it means masks.
It’s ironic that those that said they by gawd would not wear a mask under any circumstances are the ones that forced this mandatory crap on us all.

Why have cases in counties that have had mask mandates in place for weeks continue to see the most rise in cases? Dallas for example - cases are sky rocketing - everyone has been forced to wear a mask for over to weeks now - from what I've seen (even me who thinks it's stupid have played along while in the county) is complying like they should. So please answer me how it is the fault of people who think this is flat stupid?
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:40 PM

That's not true! It's the increase in testing that brings the numbers up. Many may test positive for the antibody but show and have shown no symptoms, others may have thought it was the flu and went about their business. As for your first question you should be good, we have 16 active cases in our county. The confirmed number will never go down.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cochise
It's getting out of control with the reaction to this. There is simply too much $$$$$$ involved within the healthcare system and gov (plus all the lobbyist groups that pad the pockets of said politicians).

Is the virus real? Yes

Will a mask help you in any way shape or form? No - a surgical mask is useless very quickly in non-sterile environments (and that is if you're trained in using PPE correctly), a N95 mask is still going to allow virus particles to be exhaled into the environment - after all they're only designed to protect inhalation, and cloth masks are absolutely useless. Like trying to stop a flood with a chain link fence. Those are facts - not opinions.

Tell me something - if masks were the be-all-end-all to keep you safe - why has Dallas County seen a "mass" rise in cases when masks have been MANDATED for two weeks? Don't give me some 14 day incubation BS - science says now it's within 5 days.

Also if this virus is so bad that everyone "must" wear a mask - why are used masks allowed to go in the regular garbage? If what these politicians are pimping is true - that is bio-med waste and should be disposed as a hazardous material.....

They are all over the Walmart parking lot by the end of the day...... I wonder what the sheep will have to say when wearing masks does nothing to keep this from spreading.......

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by JCB
It will change nothing for me. I will wear a mask only in stores that order me to. I refuse to wear one simply because Abbott or anyone else says I have to. All that time they spent telling us it does no good and now all of the sudden this is how we are going to save the world. Give me a freakin break!! I hope a real conservative runs against him in the next election.

Word

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

Is the virus real? Yes

They are all over the Walmart parking lot by the end of the day...... I wonder what the sheep will have to say when wearing masks does nothing to keep this from spreading.......

It's already doing nothing - look at Dallas County - mask mandate for 2 weeks - cases sky rocketing. Everyone I've seen in Dallas County is playing along. Riddle me that one.

PPE does work - problem is to be effective PPE needs to be fitted and people need to be trained how to use it. Impossible to do that with the general public - thus you get a bunch of people incorrectly using PPE giving themselves a false sense of security and spreading the virus more than if they'd just keep 6' away and wash their damn hands.
Posted By: swampthang

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:45 PM

This is BS!!! bang bang

Yeah I was thinking we should change the name from Texas Hunting Forum to Texas Knitting and Crocheting Forum. Because I've never seen so many sissies in my life.
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:48 PM

This is the mask I will wear, if they insist I wear one. [Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:49 PM

A governor forced it on us. Just what is it you’ve been smoking?
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:50 PM

Too many folks not playing the same game. Look at all the private parties and such attended by dozens and even hundreds and then they all scatter around the city infecting who knows how many. Just my belief.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:51 PM

I want a mask that has, “masks don’t work,” written across it.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:53 PM

I think I’ll make one out of an old screen door. The holes don’t matter, right, as long as it makes people feel safe?

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 10:57 PM

I'm a one trick pony is this area and beer.
cheers
Posted By: chalet

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 11:12 PM

Ok good. Masks are now mandatory, plenty of hand sanitizer on the shelves so no reason not to open everything back up 100%.

We're saved.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 11:38 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

How can that email content circulating be validated as authentic?
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock

Oh yeah they have.

Abilene went from zero yesterday to 18 hospitalizations today.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 11:43 PM

Better than becoming tomorrows meals for the buzzards and coyotes

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 11:48 PM

How long do yall want us to wear masks for? Until this goes away? roflmao

Have fun wearing a mask and hiding for the next few years or decades.
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by z71dustin

It will be around there is a vaccine or enough get it for herd immunity.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 11:52 PM

MD daughter was asked to volunteer to come in today, during her week off. She did. That's why I was painting a little girl's nails this morning (and dam proud of it...and my daughter). The daughter wears an N100 all day. After this is all over, she can be a lowrider painter. Those cats are the bomb! laugh (But I digress.)
Posted By: Payne

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 11:53 PM

I knew this was going to come in handy one day

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/02/20 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

It will be around there is a vaccine or enough get it for herd immunity.

Agreed and a vaccine that is tested enough to be trusted I have a feeling is a long time away.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by HWY_MAN

That's not true! It's the increase in testing that brings the numbers up. Many may test positive for the antibody but show and have shown no symptoms, others may have thought it was the flu and went about their business. As for your first question you should be good, we have 16 active cases in our county. The confirmed number will never go down.

Lets also not forget that once you test positive you end up having several more tests after that. Many of those are positives as well and guess what...….they get added to the total. One person might test positive 5 times and that counts as 5 positive tests giving the illusion that 5 people tested positive even though its just one person. Those labs just report positive tests, not positive individual people. Naturally the first number will be much higher.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Payne
I knew this was going to come in handy one day

[Linked Image]

scared bolt
Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:29 AM

How long do yall want us to wear masks for?

For some it's until the election.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher

Better than becoming tomorrows meals for the buzzards and coyotes

Definition of a sheep.....

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:35 AM

The state provides the mask, since they are requiring it, correct?

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:35 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:36 AM

Define “wear”.....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: SmallTownHunter

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:39 AM

All these years and I never knew we had so many medical professionals here on the THF....
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:43 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: janie

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:44 AM

I hope the Gov's wife pulls all the nuts and bolts out of his wheel chair.
Posted By: jetdad

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:51 AM

Masks will become fashion statements. You will soon see designer masks. They will also provide an avenue to make political statements and to promote candidates.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Chopped54

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks for posting, his 20% number is even higher than the 17% that is being reported. Good news is most the cases he is seeing are mild, which seems most are.
Want to hear from hospital executives at an actual HOSPITAL, go here (fast forward to 26:00) http://rockwalltx.swagit.com/play/0...tu-BvrViLWtgLOBFzxOSUwN_5UASwSoKbQLfzx_c

Good stuff! Thanks

Kinda what I've been thinking all along

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by jetdad
Masks will become fashion statements. You will soon see designer masks. They will also provide an avenue to make political statements and to promote candidates.

They already have.
Posted By: Concho

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock

Oh yeah they have.

But reportedly not with Covid patients.
Posted By: scalebuster

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:57 AM

I’m just glad Abbott is here to take care of all of his Subjects. He lost my vote.
Posted By: Marc K

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:58 AM

OK, so:

I have a less than way less than a 1% chance of dying from Covid 19.
I have a 99.7+% chance of dying from some other cause.

And for this, you want to force me to lose everything while watching my 12-year-old thriving business fail?
Ever try to pay for health insurance as a healthy individual? (Seriously, we are talking $1,000 to $2,000 per month with a $6,000 deductible)

But no, some feel that it is better to call me self-centered and uncaring. Talk about self-centered and uncaring!

If YOU have a higher chance of dying, then YOU should protect yourself by sequestering yourself at home - not make ME pay for your fears.

Marc
Posted By: ep2621

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 01:05 AM

Oct. 2, 1835. Come and take it.

July 2, 2020. Wear a mask or get fined $250
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 01:09 AM

Is this another thread trying to shame others who actually took care of themselves and don’t have a pre-existing condition?

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 01:10 AM

Amazing what a little fear mongering can accomplish.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Is this another thread trying to shame others who actually took care of themselves and don’t have a pre-existing condition?

Yeah, pretty much. They want everyone to be as scared as they are. They’re butt hurt that not everyone fell for it.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 01:12 AM

Are you guys really serious about voting for someone other than a republican Abbott?? This state is one hairs width from Beto jumping in and flat taking your guns, get real!!! And don’t tell me you’ll vote for some other Repub. in the primary. That would split the vote and it’s game over. Beto is right now loaded for bear if Biden wins.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by jetdad

You are late with your prediction, I have seen some great ones at the Doctors office.

Re: Mask time - 07/03/20 01:29 AM

I was gonna ask - how many believe in State's Rights, but won't wear a mask...not for nuthin'..." 't'ain't nobody gonna tell me what to do"? #Disconnect. bang This excrement is dividing us on here, more than...dare I say it?...low fence vs. high fence. He's not asking you to sacrifice a baby. If you can't, occasionally, adhere to the government's (in this case, Texas' duly elected governor's request), what separates you from the "gimme what I got comin'" looters?

I will admit, it's a hilarious study in human intelligence. 'Saw a guy in Home Depot yesterday, wandering around without a care in the world...with a stupid little mask, on top of his balding head. roflmao
Fail! Ya idiot. Maybe you thought you were proving something. Little victories!

(Incoming.)
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 01:37 AM

I want a mask that has, “masks don’t work,” written across it.

I saw a good one today. This knucklehead with a big puffy beard had a loose-fitting cloth mask barely covering the area in front of his mouth. It was hanging below his nose; it was all wrinkly and the straps were loose. The mask had to be an inch from his face, basically hanging from his beard hair.
The mask read in big letters "WEAR YOUR MASK"
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 01:50 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 02:05 AM

Masks stop the virus as well as your pants stop a fart....fact! But feel free to wear one if it makes you feel better...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
[Linked Image]

Worth repeating.
Posted By: nebo

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 12:08 PM

Two ladies here in east TeX area went to the test area,signed up and after nearly 2 hour wait left and went home. A few hours later they were contacted and were told that they both tested positive. Neither were tested but came back positive. They informed the caller that they were not tested and the lady said she would take them off the list. I feel this is a way to control the numbers and the people too. Not Good!!!!
Posted By: yotehater

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 01:00 PM

There's only been three deaths in our county and I bet they came in from out of the county. The ones I know sick have. But we're being forced to restrict our airways and freedoms over fear. Can we call it the "Peaceful Protesters", Looting & Rioting Virus now? All of the new cases are under 40 years of age. Hmmmm

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by yotehater
There's only been three deaths in our county and I bet they came in from out of the county. The ones I know sick have. But we're being forced to restrict our airways and freedoms over fear. Can we call it the "Peaceful Protesters", Looting & Rioting Virus now? All of the new cases are under 40 years of age. Hmmmm

You must be good with a hammer because you keep your eye non the nail. Nailed it.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 01:31 PM

$9 on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/GHUET-Donald...trump+mask&qid=1593782910&sr=8-5

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by HWY_MAN

Thanks Hwy. Who am I to say but I don’t think it’s about total number of positive cases, whether the counter is using his fingers or his toes. I also dont think it’s a coincidence Mike Pence came to see Abbott Sunday. Abbott has closely followed the Republican lead from the white house since this started and Pence is in charge of the National corona response. I’m betting they talked about number of hospitalizations of corona patients. Likely they also talked about a combination of personal space, soap, masks, and whether enough people had the common sense and restraint to slow this deal down. What kind of sacrifices we can stand to make to keep what is open up and running, reopen closed businesses, and get the schools and universities back up and running probably also came up. Before Pence got back on his plane he probably also talked to abbot about meat supplies and the importance of keeping packing houses open. Pence and Abbott are not trying to cure covid. They are trying to keep it beat back till our doctors figure out how to cure it. I’m also betting after Pence left, Abbott watched hospital numbers in hope his constituents would turn the tide before mandating masks.

A governor forced it on us. Just what is it you’ve been smoking?

Im not a smoker Sneaky. Prior to yesterday I mostly just laughed at the “not gonna do it” crowd and went about my own business. After the mandate directed at the “not gonna do it” crowds behavior that forced it on all of us, you and your crowd are no longer funny. There is something to be said for picking your battles wisely...

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by nebo
Two ladies here in east TeX area went to the test area,signed up and after nearly 2 hour wait left and went home. A few hours later they were contacted and were told that they both tested positive. Neither were tested but came back positive. They informed the caller that they were not tested and the lady said she would take them off the list. I feel this is a way to control the numbers and the people too. Not Good!!!!

The maskers like to ignore these types of stories, and they’re all over the place. Wearing a mask is a fad, and some people just can’t help but fall in line with a good fad.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:16 PM

bs

How are they getting results at all, positive or not, in two hours when there is a 10-14 day turn around? Unless there is an article or some other kind of proof this is just another BS story passed around the internet that never happened.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:17 PM

bs

How are they getting results at all, positive or not, in two hours when there is a 10-14 day turn around? Unless there is an article or some other kind of proof this is just another BS story passed around the internet that never happened.

What I suspected also....

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:18 PM

I just got back from a little loop. I stopped of to top off my tank. No mask required there. Continued on to Walmart where a mask was required. Headed on up the the liquor stare. Guess what? Mask required.

I only get on THF to entertain and teach. I just taught you that gas is essential, but liquor and Peanut butter are not.

Sorry about. The entertainment. Maybe later.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:19 PM

The maskers like to ignore these types of stories, and they’re all over the place. Wearing a mask is a fad, and some people just can’t help but fall in line with a good fad.

Exactly

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:23 PM

These stories with no proof are nothing more than [censored] fairy tales that you believe because it supports your conspiracy.....

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:24 PM

bs

The antigen test takes 30 minutes to get results. It is a rapid results test. Many mobile test sites are using this test in E Texas.

I'm not saying the story is true or false. But many sites are using that test. The PCR and antibody test take a lot more time obviously.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:25 PM

I suppose you have proof to support your conspiracy, then?

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

Exactly

The story is bs, according to my Doctor the test takes 24 hours to get results, then you get the results when the lab passes the result to the medical provider, and the medical provider provides it to you.
Posted By: cbump

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:27 PM

Masks aside, it’s absolutely stupid to close outdoor spaces like beaches and state parks but keep big box stores open.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by cbump
Masks aside, it’s absolutely stupid to close outdoor spaces like beaches and state parks but keep big box stores open.

Yup

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by cbump

Tell me ONE thing about this “pandemic” that makes a lick of sense. It’s bonkers that so many people believe this crap.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:31 PM

bs

The antigen test takes 30 minutes to get results. It is a rapid results test. Many mobile test sites are using this test in E Texas.

I'm not saying the story is true or false. But many sites are using that test. The PCR and antibody test take a lot more time obviously.

The result may take 30 minutes to get back but the sites, drive through at least, do not have analyzers on-site to process the swabs.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:32 PM

I suppose you have proof to support your conspiracy, then?

Which one are you claiming is a conspiracy and I will provide my proof?

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just got back from a little loop. I stopped of to top off my tank. No mask required there. Continued on to Walmart where a mask was required. Headed on up the the liquor stare. Guess what? Mask required.

I only get on THF to entertain and teach. I just taught you that gas is essential, but liquor and Peanut butter are not.

Sorry about. The entertainment. Maybe later.

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:34 PM

Exactly

The story is bs, according to my Doctor the test takes 24 hours to get results, then you get the results when the lab passes the result to the medical provider, and the medical provider provides it to you.

Wrong. Some tests are within the hour results
Posted By: Texas buckeye

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:35 PM

I heard a story about some folks that were adamant anti-maskers, and after going to a protest for no masks, they actually came down with the virus, were laid up in a hospital sick as a dog and had changed their tune.....

Stories are all just garbage until it hits home. Science is garbage until it gets personal.

I am convinced there are several folks on here that wouldn’t believe in the Theory of gravity if it weren’t for the fact their crap falls straight into the toilet. Some people will argue till they are blue in the face and when the evidence gets personal, they make excuses like the best of them. And yes, this is the kettle calling the pot black. Carry on gentle people. stir soap duel

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:36 PM

bs

Wrong as well. Two folks at work have tested positive this week from tests that provided results in under a hour

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:37 PM

bs

Wrong as well. Two folks at work have tested positive this week from tests that provided results in under a hour

I would put money on it they didn't go to a drive through mass testing site either. We use the Abbott ID Now test here and can get results back in 10-15 minutes. The mass testing sites are testing hundreds a day, Dallas into the 1000s, so even at 10 minutes each you are talking days just to process and then days to call back.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:41 PM

Plenty of examples all over the world of covid test coming back positive on everything from clean swabs to fruit. Now the CDC says a common cold could trigger a positive. We have all seen the data the tells you where they fudge the numbers by adding covid to pretty much anything. The info is readily available.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:42 PM

Either way any proof to these stories? I've seen multiple stories like this, but no verification......

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:47 PM

Plenty of examples all over the world of covid test coming back positive on everything from clean swabs to fruit. Now the CDC says a common cold could trigger a positive. We have all seen the data the tells you where they fudge the numbers by adding covid to pretty much anything. The info is readily available.

Any sort of test that involves human processing will have false -/+, Covid tests are about 85%-95% accurate depending on the test type and manufacturer.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 04:57 PM

My sons 21 yr old best friend got a positive test result Monday in Lufkin. He had the results in less than 30 minutes. He said the paperwork leading up to the test was the most onerous part of getting tested. He is sick though and suspected he had it so did not question the results. He told my son the test cost him $100.
Posted By: nebo

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 06:46 PM

Guys, I am sorry to stir y'all up so much. My post is true but I won't tell the names of these women. They are in their 60s and live outside Tyler. They told me about this and I posted it here. After seeing some of your replies and seeing how some of y'all feel., I wished I had kept this info to myself and friends. . Some of y'all need to open your hearts and minds to the fact that the media is not our friends and lie for the betterment of their own liberal agenda. This is no passing fad. The virus is bad but using it to control the people is worst. Again I apologize to the butt hurt , but get over it!!!!
Posted By: Choctaw

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 06:49 PM

We had our tests done by Baylor. They provided the results in less than sixteen hours.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 07:00 PM

Guys, I am sorry to stir y'all up so much. My post is true but I won't tell the names of these women. They are in their 60s and live outside Tyler. They told me about this and I posted it here. After seeing some of your replies and seeing how some of y'all feel., I wished I had kept this info to myself and friends. . Some of y'all need to open your hearts and minds to the fact that the media is not our friends and lie for the betterment of their own liberal agenda. This is no passing fad. The virus is bad but using it to control the people is worst. Again I apologize to the butt hurt , but get over it!!!!

Don’t apologize for telling the truth. Some people believe what they want, regardless of the information that’s out there.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 07:02 PM

Don’t apologize for telling the truth. Some people believe what they want, regardless of the information that’s out there.

Sorry, but I question everything, even when it supports my point of view.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 07:08 PM

I apologize, but get over it. Love it. Great apology. Basically telling everyone you don’t care what you wrote and don’t care what anyone says. And that’s ok. But don’t “apologize” because you aren’t really apologizing if you want us all to get over it. Sorry, changed the subject.

Back to subject, testing is faulty we all know it. Do we trust the numbers 100%, absolutely not. But the numbers of hospitalizations and deaths are the numbers we watch and those have been increasing in some counties more than others. My county, tarrant, has been pretty ok for hospitalizations and vent use, so I am not too concerned. But when the hospital beds and vent use get close to capacity in tarrant county, we all need to worry. It will mean the other big counties are at capacity and the SAboutTHF

Keep your eye on the real prize, not the booty some person on a hunting forum Is concerned about being manipulated.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 07:09 PM

I’m still holding on to hope that our wonderful governor will issue an order to make people pull thier pants up over the crack of their a$$.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by JCB
I’m still holding on to hope that our wonderful governor will issue an order to make people pull thier pants up over the crack of their a$$.

That would be racist, so isn’t going to happen. Sorry bout ya.

However, hoping our taxes take a break because our schools Have been shut down for over half The year isn’t going to happen either. Wonder if the state gets any lawsuits over that? That would probably be deemed a racist lawsuit too.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 07:22 PM

They tested my father at his assisted living facility Thursday last week and we still have not received the results.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

Sorry, but I question everything, even when it supports my point of view.

Of course. Everyone should.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 07:49 PM

I question your sincerity in that response

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 07:57 PM

Fair enough, but I meant it.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 08:07 PM

up Some people can argue that the sun is shining while rain is running down the crack of their democrat. I have heard similar stories for months.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...-manipulating-data-changing-definitions/

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 08:41 PM

We didn't even have to leave this forum to find the same [censored] story being passed, I highly doubt either/same story is true. If either were it would be all over the news...

https://texashuntingforum.com/forum.../re-getting-my-test-tomorrow#Post7889372

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 08:46 PM

And people have the audacity to question the ability of the Veterans Administration. roflmao

From the above posts I would recommend that some of your acquaintance's find new health providers. Your quacks are quacking idiots...

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 08:51 PM

Anyone who thinks the CDC is not fudging the numbers has let their cheese slide off their cracker. Just too many examples out there.

Watching the blind lead the ignorant is disheartening. Most people on this board should know better by now..

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 09:08 PM

Anyone who thinks the CDC is not fudging the numbers has let their cheese slide off their cracker. Just too many examples out there.

Watching the blind lead the ignorant is disheartening. Most people on this board should know better by now..

MikeW, I posit this question simply as a rhetoric rather than debate:

Is it better to be led by the blind or the disillusioned? The answer lies in that the blind will occasionally find their quarry simply out of luck, but the disillusioned find it far less, for the simple fact their view of the target is simply a figment that exists in mere imagination.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 09:14 PM

And people have the audacity to question the ability of the Veterans Administration. roflmao

From the above posts I would recommend that some of your acquaintance's find new health providers. Your quacks are quacking idiots...

Your doctor wasn't aware of any tests that existed that provided results the same day so...

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Texas buckeye

Is it better to be led by the blind or the disillusioned? The answer lies in that the blind will occasionally find their quarry simply out of luck, but the disillusioned find it far less, for the simple fact their view of the target is simply a figment that exists in mere imagination.

It's better to use the gray matter God put between your ears and quit listening to fools who are A: Clueless and B: Implementing an agenda. I know you are a legend in your own mind, but like Fauci, you are 0 for too many when it comes to this virus.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 10:00 PM

Just left HEB, had to wear a mask. Did I like it? No. Did I like having to wear a seatbelt on the way there? No. Am I going to sit around pissing and moaning about it? No. I'm going to live my life and go about my business. Some of you are what they call "a little too high strung",

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by SmallTownHunter
Just left HEB, had to wear a mask. Did I like it? No. Did I like having to wear a seatbelt on the way there? No. Am I going to sit around pissing and moaning about it? No. I'm going to live my life and go about my business. Some of you are what they call "a little too high strung",

Now that's how a good little subject behaves. up

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 10:31 PM

Yes, I'm a subject because I wanted to go into the grocery store. Have fun staying at home!
Posted By: don k

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 10:33 PM

We don't need no stinking masks.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by don k
We don't need no stinking masks.

We don't need any of this bs they are foisting upon us.
Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 10:35 PM

The mask requirement is horse chit!

Texas Covid 19 data is horse chit!

* How many new positive cases today?

* How many passed today?

* How many hospitalized today?

* HOW MANY RECOVERED TODAY (NO LONGER NEED TREATMENT)?

* What was the financial incentive to report positive cases today?

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 10:39 PM

Baaaa Baaaa Baaaaaaaa…..

Keep doing what the nice Shepherd tells you to do.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 10:42 PM

You know, that’s not a bad point. Like Mike pointed out, using your brain is better than both of those options, though.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by JCB

Baaaa Baaaa Baaaaaaaa…..

Keep doing what the nice Shepherd tells you to do.

Again, if going to the store to buy beer and meat makes me a sheep so be it. It's not optional.

At least I don't wear white sunglasses.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 10:45 PM

Your wife left them in my boat.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 10:46 PM

I’m pretty easy going, actually, which is why I don’t care if you wear a mask. I also don’t care if a business requires a mask, since that is their choice. I’m not forced to shop there, and I’m not inconvenienced by your mask in any way.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by JCB

Your wife left them in my boat.

She laughs at citiots, I'm not worried.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 10:51 PM

[At least I don't wear white sunglasses.

roflmao

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 10:52 PM

I’m pretty easy going, actually, which is why I don’t care if you wear a mask. I also don’t care if a business requires a mask, since that is their choice. I’m not forced to shop there, and I’m not inconvenienced by your mask in any way.

I hate masks and have not worn one until today. There is no place in San Angelo to buy a brisket without having to wear one.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 10:59 PM

I hate masks and have not worn one until today. There is no place in San Angelo to buy a brisket without having to wear one.

Understandable. I’ve put one on when I had to. Business policies and I didn’t have much choice at the time. I’m just not okay with the government telling me I have to wear one anytime I’m in public. It’s people control, plain and simple. I don’t approve of that.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 11:02 PM

Alright folks, that’s it. I’m changing my ways, from now on this is how I’m greeting the public.

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 11:05 PM

Skinner, you are as in tune with fashion as anyone I’ve ever seen. Well done.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 11:11 PM

Yes, I'm a subject because I wanted to go into the grocery store. Have fun staying at home!

Smalltown, im backing you in this one. Im really embarrassed to be on this forum with anyone that would give you a hard time about making a statement as simple and harmless as you made. Im relatively certain that the vast majority of people feel as you do but the "vocal minority" have to get their jabs in anywhere they can.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 11:26 PM

Smalltown, im backing you in this one. Im really embarrassed to be on this forum with anyone that would give you a hard time about making a statement as simple and harmless as you made. Im relatively certain that the vast majority of people feel as you do but the "vocal minority" have to get their jabs in anywhere they can.

Thank you sir. I expect similar every time I post which is rarely even though I'm on here everyday.

Only in 2020 could you get called a sheep because you went to the grocery store to buy beer and brisket for the 4th of July.
Posted By: cm250

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 11:34 PM

Will wear a mask in business accounts to keep from loosing there business in these tuff times. But anywhere else, if asked why not wearing a mask, will say, have a Med condition. If they as what, will get our my phone, ask name and personal and info so I can report them for violating HIPPA regulations, that will shut them up........

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 11:37 PM

Thank you sir. I expect similar every time I post which is rarely even though I'm on here everyday.

Only in 2020 could you get called a sheep because you went to the grocery store to buy beer and brisket for the 4th of July.

You are blind as a Bat! Its your condescending attitude towards other members here that don't share your opinions is why you get the push back that you get. If you "expect similar every time" you post then its time to look in the mirror and see that the problem might be looking right back at you. You play the victim very well though.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 11:38 PM

You know, that’s not a bad point. Like Mike pointed out, using your brain is better than both of those options, though.

When using your brain leads to you pounding sand all day in the hope it turns into a diamond, I would second guess the people that tell you to pound sand. We know as a species the force and pressure it takes to create a diamond from Sand and how the human is incapable Of it without mechanical force and pressure. So why then, do we continue to pound sand against something that we have no force or pressure against?

Wouldn’t it be smarter to Throw the sand in a different mechanism capable
Of procuring a diamond and not Waste energy doing what most people refer to as the absolute definition of insanity, “doing the exact same thing and expecting a different result”

Mike is content with us pounding sand. Let him have his hard handed sand pounders.
I am More content among the group who feel finding a different mechanism is the answer. We are both in search of the diamond. We both have the same goal in mind.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/03/20 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by JCB

You are blind as a Bat! Its your condescending attitude towards other members here that don't share your opinions is why you get the push back that you get. If you "expect similar every time" you post then its time to look in the mirror and see that the problem might be looking right back at you. You play the victim very well though.

Somebody must have got their feelings hurt. No need to look in the mirror, I have bigger fish to fry than worrying about what people like you think of me on a Internet forum.
Posted By: Judd

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 12:02 AM

The people making the rules got caught with their pants down again today. Seems as if the hydroxychloroquine works and works really well...seems so many wrote it off due to Trump saying it looks promising.

Wonder if you’ll hear any of that on MSM this evening? It wouldn’t shock me that 3 months from now they’ll come out and say the masks don’t really work.
Posted By: fishmorethanhunt

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 12:06 AM

As a healthcare professional I have to mask up and wear a face shield.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 12:14 AM

would /s helped or do I need to add emojis?
'

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 12:21 AM

would /s helped or do I need to add emojis?
'

Emojis...definitely emojis.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 12:30 AM

roflmao up
Posted By: majekman

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 12:31 AM

Most of what I’ve gotten outta this thread is Small has game....Buckeye is a well spoken dude and Skinner is much better lookin with mask on......jus sayin

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by majekman
Most of what I’ve gotten outta this thread is Small has game....Buckeye is a well spoken dude and Skinner is much better lookin with mask on......jus sayin

As Bill would say, Majekman is a noticer.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 12:44 AM

We need a kissazz emoji.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Creekrunner

We need a kissazz emoji.

And a like button rofl

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 12:45 AM

banana2 happy3 roflmao cheerleader

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 12:48 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 12:50 AM

We need a kissazz emoji.

roflmao

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 01:09 AM

Doctors and nurses were masks to prevent infecting patients with bacteria....which is significantly larger than virus and typically spread through droplets from coughing or sneezing. Corona is spread as an aerosol or simply exhaling.

N95 masks do not filter matter as small as the virus. And for them to work you MUST have a complete seal around the nose and mouth. Facial hair, loose fitting, metal band not formed around the bridge of the nose, etc do not provide an adequate seal. So wear one improperly, below the nose, loose on the face etc does NOTHING to protect you or anyone around you....cloth masks are worthless as a defense against spreading the virus.

Medical professionals treating corona patients were PPE similar to this. I have family and friends in the medical field so this is first hand medical information, not simply my opinion....
[Linked Image]

The only thing that a cloth rag over your face accomplishes is to give a false sense of safety to people. If wearing one makes you feel better knock yourself out. If they truly worked why wouldn’t they open everything up? Why are churches closed and abortion clinics open? Why are box stores open and parks and the beach closed? Why are Trump rally’s bad but BLM protests good? Why are the percentages of cases going up but the percentages of hospitalizations and deaths going down?

If you want to wear one, wear one.... Just don’t get pissy when others don’t.... cheers

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 01:18 AM

In all but a very few types of Operations masks and gowns and protective Gear worn for the nurses and doctors benefit, not the other way around. This means the doctors and nurses and techs are protecting themselves from the crap patients have, not the reverse.

In a hand full of orthopedic cases where the infection rates are so high (joints) do The staff wear a space suit type equivalent for infection control and not for protection purposes.

If your (snakewrangler) family in the field of Medicine think otherwise, then either they are in orthopedics, or they are Mistaken. Sterility is a misnomer, and nothing we do is “sterile”, we only practice sterile technique which is to say we try to limit contamination as much as possible.

But make no mistake about it, PPE is for the staff protection, NOT the patients protection.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 01:33 AM

We need a kissazz emoji.

Envy and adoration does not become you.
Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 01:35 AM

We need a kissazz emoji.

I think they are dating

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 01:36 AM

But make no mistake about it, PPE is for the staff protection, NOT the patients protection.

Hmmmmmm.....soooooo, PPE is to protect the medical staff.....gotcha! So then why are they telling everyone you should wear a mask to protect others....and as stated above, the masks don’t do anything....

You took the bait doc... up

EDIT: The one I was referring to that has to deal with corona patients is an ICU nurse in Houston and wears the sealed suit every day....fyi

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 01:52 AM

Snake, no bait intended by yourself, and if you were trying to provide bait, your bait was exactly the opposite you think.

I said PPE is for the protection of the staff. Extrapolate out to the general population and it means PPE is for the protection of the population (the staff) from the infected.

Not sure what you meant about taking bait.

Your example of the ICU nurse wearing PPE when caring for covid patients is an example Of my point.
I know a nurse (have said this before) who left Texas to go to NYC and worked covid units in their hospitals. In total, only a few nurses out of a bunch got covid or tested positive for antibodies, an example of how PPE can work. The units were sick sick patients, not icu but close enough that every day they could, they transferred patients to the unit.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 01:59 AM

Yes PPE can project you if the correct PPE and worn properly....

So, in your esteemed medical opinion, joe public wear masks is how effective? 1%, 5%, 50%, 99%???????

Name your number popcorn

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 02:00 AM

When using your brain leads to you pounding sand all day in the hope it turns into a diamond, I would second guess the people that tell you to pound sand. We know as a species the force and pressure it takes to create a diamond from Sand and how the human is incapable Of it without mechanical force and pressure. So why then, do we continue to pound sand against something that we have no force or pressure against?

Wouldn’t it be smarter to Throw the sand in a different mechanism capable
Of procuring a diamond and not Waste energy doing what most people refer to as the absolute definition of insanity, “doing the exact same thing and expecting a different result”

Mike is content with us pounding sand. Let him have his hard handed sand pounders.
I am More content among the group who feel finding a different mechanism is the answer. We are both in search of the diamond. We both have the same goal in mind.

Pounding sand sounds like doing something that’s ineffective. I believe you’re looking at the wrong side of the coin.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 02:01 AM

Hmmmmmm.....soooooo, PPE is to protect the medical staff.....gotcha! So then why are they telling everyone you should wear a mask to protect others....and as stated above, the masks don’t do anything....

You took the bait doc... up

EDIT: The one I was referring to that has to deal with corona patients is an ICU nurse in Houston and wears the sealed suit every day....fyi

I guess podiatrists aren't the experts they think they are and want you to think they are. roflmao

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 02:10 AM

So, in your esteemed medical opinion, joe public wear masks is how effective? 1%, 5%, 50%, 99%???????

Name your number popcorn

In order to Give an answer, we have to know the actual infection rate, which we don’t. So I couldn’t tell you how much they help.

To argue the counter point, how often does a seat belt protect you while driving? How often do airbags? And yet, those are laws written without any complaint. You buy a new (or recent, meaning in the last 15 years, used) car and it is required to have an airbag, and seat belt. You pay for it whether you ever need it or not.

So, the real question is what level of Protection would make You feel the masks are worthwhile. Even if it protected you 1%, would you risk your life not to wear one? What if the number was 5-50%, would you not protect yourself and your family wearing one?

Personally, I hate the mandate. I feel it is just another shirk of the system placed on business owners to enforce. Have I worn a mask 100% of the time since this has started? Nope. Will I comply with the rule? Yep. I don’t need anyone making a fuss over me and my political stance.

Podiatrist (directed at hogslayer), try again....lol. If I were a podiatrist I would have nothing to worry about but would already be wearing a mask due to the smell

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 02:38 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 02:40 AM

You’re right Cap.
roflmao
Posted By: TLew

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 03:06 AM

Name your number popcorn

In order to Give an answer, we have to know the actual infection rate, which we don’t. So I couldn’t tell you how much they help.

To argue the counter point, how often does a seat belt protect you while driving? How often do airbags? And yet, those are laws written without any complaint. You buy a new (or recent, meaning in the last 15 years, used) car and it is required to have an airbag, and seat belt. You pay for it whether you ever need it or not.

So, the real question is what level of Protection would make You feel the masks are worthwhile. Even if it protected you 1%, would you risk your life not to wear one? What if the number was 5-50%, would you not protect yourself and your family wearing one?

Personally, I hate the mandate. I feel it is just another shirk of the system placed on business owners to enforce. Have I worn a mask 100% of the time since this has started? Nope. Will I comply with the rule? Yep. I don’t need anyone making a fuss over me and my political stance.

Podiatrist (directed at hogslayer), try again....lol. If I were a podiatrist I would have nothing to worry about but would already be wearing a mask due to the smell

Bingo.

I erased my comment below this because it was 100% sinful. Hope we can stop using the analogy of sheep, because I (and probably many on here) have a Shepard that I'm proud of.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 05:00 AM

The CC doesn't require them. It is funny I can go to very socially distanced grocery store requiring it by law but crowded pool and party doesn't! I push my luck i guess but still follow individual business rules but haven't changed anything I do. Restaurant I went to was empty last night.

Still only friend with it is very careful vegan. Luckily they are just tired with no taste.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 05:08 AM

Gotta kind of have no taste to be vegan anyway...I think it was BOBO that one time cooked real bacon for his vegan nieces/nephews. Too funny. They couldn’t believe the taste.

Anyway, no one is asking anyone to live in pure fear, but just to be mindful and try not to be stupid in the face of a potentially deadly disease. Similar to don’t drink and drive, don’t be a jerk-was and lick your hands while on the stairs and stuff. Really pretty common sense stuff, aside from the face covering thing, and that’s a small price to pay for what may ultimately save someone’s life. You never know, you just never know.

Btw, similar please are made to some extent during bad flu seasons, just most disregard the messages since we know the flu and what it’s about.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 10:27 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: soooo

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig
[Linked Image]

roflmao

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by BigPig
[Linked Image]

roflmao Saying a Larry the Cable Guy prayer for you

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/04/20 08:40 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/06/20 02:09 PM

Curious if this is better or worse than a cloth mask... scratch

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/06/20 03:20 PM

When using your brain leads to you pounding sand all day in the hope it turns into a diamond, I would second guess the people that tell you to pound sand.

Well it's either think for yourself and realize that you are being scammed.. or, go along with the crowd of confirmed liars who are doing the scamming and have a serious financial interest in your compliance.

It's not about anything other than waking people up to reality.. kinda like when you were telling everyone HCQ was deadly and gonna kill em if they took it for CV19. Were you the scammer? Or the scammed?

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/06/20 04:48 PM

Mike, please provide a quote where I said everyone that took HCQ would be harmed by the medicine and possibly killed. Dude, you have a serious issue with exaggeration and flat out lying about what I have said in the past, and I am sure you do the same for others on here that don’t tote your echo chamber.

As I asked you to do privately via PM, if you have stuff to contest, please provide the examples and I will be happy to go toe to toe with you. But if you don’t, and you continue to troll my posts and just flat out lie about what I say, then I will report you to the mods for trolling. As I have said before, this is a written word forum, what is said matters because that is all we have to go by. Distorting or lying about what someone said without showing it (quote or link to a previous post) is the same as taking a person through mud and trashing their name. So prove what you said above (that I have said HCQ is deadly and everyone that takes HCQ will die). I am sure the forum will realize who the scammer is...

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/06/20 04:55 PM

Mike, please provide a quote where I said everyone that took HCQ would be harmed by the medicine and possibly killed. Dude, you have a serious issue with exaggeration and flat out lying about what I have said in the past, and I am sure you do the same for others on here that don’t tote your echo chamber.

Oh please, spare us. You and DC were posting crap after crap after crap telling everyone how dangerous HCQ was and how it could be deadly. The only people it was deadly for were the poor veterans who were overdosed by incompetent fools. Both of you were touting that "Study" where the VA bureaucrats murdered a bunch of folks.

But if you don’t, and you continue to troll my posts and just flat out lie about what I say, then I will report you to the mods for trolling.

The old standby, get the noncompliant voices censored. rolleyes

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/06/20 05:24 PM

bwahahaha. Try again. The quote button works for everyone, it isn’t troll proof.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/06/20 05:25 PM

popcorn

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/06/20 05:29 PM

Oh please, spare us. You and DC were posting crap after crap after crap telling everyone how dangerous HCQ was and how it could be deadly. The only people it was deadly for were the poor veterans who were overdosed by incompetent fools. Both of you were touting that "Study" where the VA bureaucrats murdered a bunch of folks.

But if you don’t, and you continue to troll my posts and just flat out lie about what I say, then I will report you to the mods for trolling.

roflmao
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/06/20 08:05 PM

heck , forget about the fake sites it has a 99.9 survival rate. Truth wins over BS. Yet the fake news and its propaganda artist tell us the world is ending.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/06/20 08:15 PM

Tin Head, you made my point for me....what I argued with MikeW was the mortality being so low, and the risk of taking HCQ being not zero (not high, but not zero) does the risk of not taking it overweigh the risk of taking it? That was a question we didn't know and still don't. It seems studies have been mixed on whether anything actually helps. You can pick and choose all day long on different treatments and different courses, but the bottom line is mortality is very low, less than 1%.

What we do know, is if you get it and need to go to the hospital, your risk of dying raises significantly. If you need a vent, your risk of dying increases significantly again. That much we do know. Other than that, we don't really know much.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/06/20 08:23 PM

sounds like your talking about two different things but I didnt read your post anyways. Just remember the constant BS being posted

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/06/20 09:23 PM

Went to to tractor supply today to buy a lawnmower battery, walk in the door, "Sir, we're requiring masks be worn at all times"
" Okay, I'm going O'Reilly's" and out I went...
Still don't know why she called me Sir... Hope I don't look that old confused2 roflmao

Went to O'Reilly's, in and out in 2 minutes with a new battery. No mask

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/06/20 10:33 PM

We need a kissazz emoji.

troll

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/06/20 10:56 PM

3 days ago Bill. Try to keep up. ("Watered down" my azz.)

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/07/20 04:21 AM

I stopped by at least 10 different businesses last night and today, from Arizona to Katy, without a mask. Not a single person hassled me about it. I was so pleased about it that being polite to them wasn’t even a struggle.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/07/20 05:06 AM

I stopped by at least 10 different businesses last night and today, from Arizona to Katy, without a mask. Not a single person hassled me about it. I was so pleased about it that being polite to them wasn’t even a struggle.

I had to replace my old boots last weekend. Kids went in the limo and neither of us wore a mask. Easy transaction but 3 people came in wearing on and he own told them to mask up. He let his clients tell him and I was not harassed for have the twins and no mask.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/07/20 12:29 PM

I’ve been to several stores around Sherman including Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart, food places and I haven’t wore one. Not one person has said a word to me. Had to go pick up a box springs at sleep experts for mother in law and on their door it had a sign saying you had to have a mask to enter. Threw mine on and went in and dude behind the counter wasn’t wearing one and didn’t put one on until I was already signing for it and we went to the back to load it.

Thought it was pretty ironic that all the stores that don’t require them all the employees were wearing them, but the one store that required it the employee wasn’t wearing and didn’t put one on until 5-10 minutes into the transaction.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/07/20 01:03 PM

His name is Wesley. He came wearing a mask saying that his girlfriend tested positive. He later took it off.

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/07/20 01:14 PM

His name is Wesley. He came wearing a mask saying that his girlfriend tested positive. He later took it off.

[Linked Image]

BS, if his girlfriend tested positive he'd be on a 14 day quarantine.

That, or you should have told him to leave Bill.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/07/20 01:24 PM

Pics of the mil ky

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/07/20 01:31 PM

I was born at night but not last night. I put his check on his windshield and left.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/07/20 02:02 PM

Pics of the mil ky

No jackwagon.
Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/07/20 05:28 PM

[Linked Image]

People are not quarantining exactly and no one is making them. My friend a mile away has been going out for food for the family. Wife has it but all others in the house tested negative. Its a big house though.. She is in her own bedroom. Day 9 for her now. Weird stuff.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/07/20 05:36 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/07/20 07:54 PM

Dang 4 days on a boat and people are still arguing over this [censored]. Back to the boat. rofl

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/07/20 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by hook_n_line
Dang 4 days on a boat and people are still arguing over this [censored]. Back to the boat. rofl

clap

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 01:25 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RGLass

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 02:08 AM

Sorry, it’s an Order. Not a LAW. People came in our shop today and seeing us without masks quickly removed theirs. What’s left of America is STILL FREE!

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 02:30 AM

“I had no Intention of putting anyone in jail with this order”....governor abbott in response to the [censored] down order closing a salon in north Texas...

You can bet your hiney he has no intention of putting anyone in jail for not wearing a mask

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 03:45 AM

[Linked Image]

clap

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 03:45 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 04:16 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bear Charge

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 06:11 AM

No one is enforcing it as far as I know
Posted By: RattlesnakeDan

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 10:39 AM

Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?
Romans 6:16

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by TCM3
[Linked Image]

I’m still waiting to hear T-Buckley’s answer to my question about that....crickets
Posted By: hook_n_line

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?
Romans 6:16

Proverbs 19:20 (ESV) Listen to advice and accept instruction, that you may gain wisdom in the future.
Proverbs 17:27 The one who has knowledge uses words with restraint, and whoever has understanding is even-tempered.

I'm going to check my hog trap and catch a few fish for lunch now. Ya'll have a great day.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 12:17 PM

When we went to the store the other day there was an older lady at the door handing out masks if you didn't have one. I told my wife that has to be the worst job in the world right now. Every tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist is going to be rude and argue that they don't work, I don't have to wear one, the govt is out to get me, etc. I went back yesterday and nobody was manning the door, they probably have a hard time filling that position.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 12:29 PM

[Linked Image]

I’m still waiting to hear T-Buckley’s answer to my question about that....crickets

I am sorry, I never saw a question directed at me...what was it again?

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 12:41 PM

[Linked Image]

I am sorry, I never saw a question directed at me...what was it again?

The same one you ignored twice before....

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 12:56 PM

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/4...es-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

“Three W’s to ward off COVID-19:” wearing a mask, washing your hands, and watching your distance.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

“Three W’s to ward off COVID-19:” wearing a mask, washing your hands, and watching your distance.

Be careful J.P. its a slippery slope on here. I've been beat to death for supporting ANYTHING which can help control the spread of this virus. I doubt the masses will ascend on you but they beat the &^%$#$ out of me. Stay strong!!!

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 01:26 PM

It seems like common sense to me. Don't shut down the economy, but do what you can to keep the virus from spreading.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 01:32 PM

It seems like common sense to me. Don't shut down the economy, but do what you can to keep the virus from spreading.

Nope, we need to spread the virus.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 01:35 PM

Snake, I am sorry if I missed your questions directed at me, but I never saw any pointed questions to me about anything. The PM button works just fine, so if you really wanted to know something you could have PM'd me....

I will start a new thread about masks for legit information about the why we wear them. I get the idea you are asking about why masks are required when the virus is small and masks don't filter that small a unit size?

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 01:37 PM

We aren't spreqding it fast enough, the community antibody levels are still quite low. A spanish study showed community antibodies at 5%. I would guess we are around there or less in the US, with some hot pockets being higher.

Either way, we need it to be much higher before we talk about "herd immunity". Lots of time ahead for masks
Posted By: Guy

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 01:39 PM

I think if we have learned anything from this is that our system is not currently built to deal with a pandemic, from a knowledge stand point, but also more importantly being able to implement and enforce a solution, it can't even get people to do something as simple as wear a mask.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 01:45 PM

The one constant in this debacle is..."nobody knows".

Yesterday we were on an on-line meeting with our financial guy. He tested positive for the antibodies, but his wife and young daughters didn't. I say somebody screwed up. His doctor told him to be just as careful 'cause he could get it again.

I don't remember a time when there were so many theories spouted as facts. Everybody is guessing and it ain't Trump's fault.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 01:46 PM

We aren't spreqding it fast enough, the community antibody levels are still quite low. A spanish study showed community antibodies at 5%. I would guess we are around there or less in the US, with some hot pockets being higher.

Either way, we need it to be much higher before we talk about "herd immunity". Lots of time ahead for masks

This study says herd immunity unachievable...
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-antibodies-study-herd-immunity-unachievable-spain-2020-7

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 01:47 PM

Yeah, I was disappointed the hear asymptomatics cant spread the virus.

Mortality rates will drop even more now that we are testing a wider number of age groups, and not just those at risk groups. We need to spread this chet, it has a lower mortality rate then the flu, and mainly targets the elderly. Protect the elderly and the rest of us need to get busy spreading it. The sooner the better

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
I think if we have learned anything from this is that our system is not currently built to deal with a pandemic, from a knowledge stand point, but also more importantly being able to implement and enforce a solution, it can't even get people to do something as simple as wear a mask.

IMO our government is ignoring history.......once the risk information is propagated to the public and it becomes comfortable with its understanding of the risk you must let the public decide from that point if they choose to take the risk.......and give up their liberty to do so..... I will make my own risk decision and I will only give up my Liberty if it makes logical sense to do so, not to please the mob.....

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

IMO our government is ignoring history.......once the risk information is propagated to the public and it becomes comfortable with its understanding of the risk you must let the public decide from that point if they choose to take the risk.......and give up their liberty to do so..... I will make my own risk decision and I will only give up my Liberty if it makes logical sense to do so, not to please the mob.....

Yep

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

This study says herd immunity unachievable...
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-antibodies-study-herd-immunity-unachievable-spain-2020-7

Then they need to explain Italy.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 01:52 PM

“I had no Intention of putting anyone in jail with this order”....governor abbott in response to the [censored] down order closing a salon in north Texas...

You can bet your hiney he has no intention of putting anyone in jail for not wearing a mask

But what about when you don't pay the $250 no-mask tax? I am sure there are plenty of revenue collectors who will throw some folks in jail for failure to pay the tax.
Posted By: Jasb

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 01:58 PM

And if that happens you will have sleepy Joe for prez. Write it down

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

What we've learned from this is that if there is ever a legit threat to America we are not ready in the least. An EMP or something that took down the electrical grid, life as we know it would be over. This barely worse than flu virus has brought us to our knees in a few short months. If a real event were to occur we'd be toast.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 02:01 PM

Not trying to bring politics into the discussion.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 02:01 PM

No way.....not a snowballs chance.......the stock market is the true story of who wins the election. If it starts to believe there is even a remote chance he beats trump.... The sell off will make what happened in March seem like a little bump in the road......

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

Italy did major lock down to stop the spread. A much more restricted lock down than US, and longer, they are just now reopening. And we will see how that goes. I really have no idea were this rona thing will go over the next year. I do not think we will know the full impact till spring 2021.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Guy
Originally Posted by Guy

Italy did major lock down to stop the spread. A much more restricted lock down than US, and longer, they are just now reopening. And we will see how that goes. I really have no idea were this rona thing will go over the next year. I do not think we will know the full impact till spring 2021.

Have you been following this stuff?? Italy was the world's biggest dumpster fire when it comes to Corona virus.
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

What we've learned from this is that if there is ever a legit threat to America we are not ready in the least. An EMP or something that took down the electrical grid, life as we know it would be over. This barely worse than flu virus has brought us to our knees in a few short months. If a real event were to occur we'd be toast.

What it did for me was reinforce my belief that the federal govt couldn't find it's !@#$ with both hands during any kind of emergency. We see it every year during hurricane season and every year, millions of people across the country are stunned that the feds can't get out of their own way or do anything quickly. Those of us that have been through multiple storms have seen FEMA first hand and know better.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

Thanks to The left.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

Thanks to The left.

What does political standing have anything to do with personal preparedness? I agree the country as a whole would be screwed if a large scale national disaster were to strike, but there would be plenty of people well prepared and ready to go.

Contrast that with any other country in the World, and you would see a frightening fact, the only countries ready for a large national disaster are probably China and ??? and thats only because they believe in the collective and would not mind starving personally to protect the nation.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 03:47 PM

[quote=TCM3]Contrast that with any other country in the World, and you would see a frightening fact, the only countries ready for a large national disaster are probably China and ??? and thats only because they believe in the collective and would not mind starving personally to protect the nation.

Not so much that they don't mind, it's just when people with guns tell you what you are going to do you do it or die lol.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by gtrich94
Originally Posted by Guy

What it did for me was reinforce my belief that the federal govt couldn't find it's !@#$ with both hands during any kind of emergency. We see it every year during hurricane season and every year, millions of people across the country are stunned that the feds can't get out of their own way or do anything quickly. Those of us that have been through multiple storms have seen FEMA first hand and know better.

They know. They have the correct answers. They just don’t help their almighty agendas. Greatest country in the world with the very best of everyone at their disposal, they know.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 03:57 PM

[quote=TCM3]Contrast that with any other country in the World, and you would see a frightening fact, the only countries ready for a large national disaster are probably China and ??? and thats only because they believe in the collective and would not mind starving personally to protect the nation.

Not so much that they don't mind, it's just when people with guns tell you what you are going to do you do it or die lol.

Exactly! But if you look at any other civilized country, those people are so used to the govt taking care of their business they don't think for themselves. Sad, but if an EMP hit, Europe would be off way worse than the US. Asia would be somewhat OK as the slum areas would be ok but their order would go to crap and the rich people in asia would probably resort to killing all the poor people. Would not be pretty.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 03:58 PM

Exactly! But if you look at any other civilized country, those people are so used to the govt taking care of their business they don't think for themselves.

After the last few months, I am even more concerned for the USA for the very same reason.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 04:14 PM

No way.....not a snowballs chance.......the stock market is the true story of who wins the election. If it starts to believe there is even a remote chance he beats trump.... The sell off will make what happened in March seem like a little bump in the road......

I think the same way and was telling my wife that this morning. Pay no attention to the polls, pay attention to the market.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 04:30 PM

Facts ruin the conspiracy theories. Now the anti maskers will stop washing their hands and social distancing. rofl

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 04:33 PM

Facts ruin the conspiracy theories. Now the anti maskers will stop washing their hands and social distancing. rofl

An inconvenient fact from the article:

Do masks protect the people wearing them or the people around them?
“I think there’s enough evidence to say that the best benefit is for people who have COVID-19 to protect them from giving COVID-19 to other people, but you’re still going to get a benefit from wearing a mask if you don’t have COVID-19,” said Chin-Hong.

Masks may be more effective as a “source control” because they can prevent larger expelled droplets from evaporating into smaller droplets that can travel farther.

Another factor to remember, noted Rutherford, is that you could still catch the virus through the membranes in your eyes, a risk that masking does not eliminate.

Thing about facts is that they are pesky and not open to interpretation.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 04:39 PM

An unproven factor based upon less than 1% of covid patients having conjunctivitis. To date, there has not been one medical alert or one recommendation from anyone or anywhere to suggest using goggles would eliminate spread or help eliminate spread of covid. There is a reason for that. because the eyes are not a real source to worry about.

Believe whatyou want about the eyes, I don't care, but I am not worried about catching the virus primarily though my eyes....now if I rub my hands in a slother of infected snot and then rub my eyes, that a different ballgame.

Again, gets back to how virus is transmitted from person to person. This stuff isn't just flying out there in the air like a bunch of gnats

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 04:44 PM

An unproven factor based upon less than 1% of covid patients having conjunctivitis. To date, there has not been one medical alert or one recommendation from anyone or anywhere to suggest using goggles would eliminate spread or help eliminate spread of covid. There is a reason for that. because the eyes are not a real source to worry about.

Believe whatyou want about the eyes, I don't care, but I am not worried about catching the virus primarily though my eyes....now if I rub my hands in a slother of infected snot and then rub my eyes, that a different ballgame.

Again, gets back to how virus is transmitted from person to person. This stuff isn't just flying out there in the air like a bunch of gnats

According to CDC and WHO, the evidence is growing that this virus is airborne. And I didn't post the article, I just referenced it.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 04:58 PM

According to CDC and WHO, the evidence is growing that this virus is airborne. And I didn't post the article, I just referenced it.

Look at the info from Japan and how they are doing with the virus.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 05:56 PM

Just so you know, airborne in this sense means it is contained in droplets, as in when someone sneezes or coughs. The virus is incapable of living outside a media for long. So if it was floating free in the air, then it would simply die.

Airborne as compared to fomites and contact or direct transmission. Fomites are carriers of infection, packages, clothes, things a bag bug can stay on and then when touched it gets transmitted by the hands to a person. Contact is countertops, door knobs, etc, things people touch, then another touches and it gets transmitted that way. Direct is from one infected to another by things like kissing, sexual contact, hugging, etc

Reality is it is probably a combinaiton of all those routes.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 07:07 PM

Just so you know, airborne in this sense means it is contained in droplets, as in when someone sneezes or coughs. The virus is incapable of living outside a media for long. So if it was floating free in the air, then it would simply die.

It would not just simply die instantly. TB, chickenpox, and measles don't. It would survive an x amount of time depending on environmental factors and viral characteristics. Which would indeed likely be a short amount of time, but still there is growing evidence of aerosolized transmission (aka airborne). Get a crowded area with the right environmental factors and you're going to get lots of spread.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 07:44 PM

I have written and re-written, and in the effort of being kind, I will say just this:

TB is a bacteria not a virus. A highly resistant bacteria.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 08:35 PM

Clay says "shut em down"....

https://dallas.eater.com/2020/7/7/2...-judge-clay-jenkins-urges-outdoor-dining

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 08:37 PM

I have written and re-written, and in the effort of being kind, I will say just this:

Excuse me for using one poor example. Say what you want to say tough guy.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 08:50 PM

Excuse me for using one poor example. Say what you want to say tough guy.

taz thats me, internet tough guy
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 08:54 PM

Banned video on inflated cases...........

https://banned.video/watch?id=5efab695672706002f367a0a

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

Been saying that for a while now; well before nutjob Jones got involved.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 09:20 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 09:31 PM

Yeah, I do not get the folks driving, with nobody else in the car, wearing a face mask. 'Must be so ADD they've just heard "it's in the air".

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

Been saying that for a while now; well before nutjob Jones got involved.

Worth repeating.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 09:33 PM

Yeah, I do not get the folks driving, with nobody else in the car, wearing a face mask. 'Must be so ADD they've just heard "it's in the air".

Even some who are still wearing the gloves as well.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 09:37 PM

Yep, see it every day. Lol.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 10:11 PM

Why would attention deficit disorder cause them to wear a mask that’s “in the air?”

Do you mean OCD?

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 10:54 PM

I agree JP, especially when you are talking about something as simple wearing a mask. I understand the complaint about a guy that has to work all day wearing one, but going in a grocery store, I do not understand the whining over that.

Mask tip: move your glasses down your nose it won't fog as bad.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 10:57 PM

Help is on the way. Saw a clip on the local news that a vaccine was getting close.

Also, wait until you are going blind from a cataract you will learn the difference between an optometrist and ophthalmologist. I've been there.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 10:59 PM

99+% survival rate. but some still feel the need to injected

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/08/20 11:06 PM

Help is on the way. Saw a clip on the local news that a vaccine was getting close.

Also, wait until you are going blind from a cataract you will learn the difference between an optometrist and ophthalmologist. I've been there.

Here you go.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bu...;utm_term=news&utm_content=headlines

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/09/20 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Guy

I agree JP, especially when you are talking about something as simple wearing a mask. I understand the complaint about a guy that has to work all day wearing one, but going in a grocery store, I do not understand the whining over that.

Mask tip: move your glasses down your nose it won't fog as bad.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/09/20 03:36 PM

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/08/greg-abbott-austin-coronavirus-masks/

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signals support as Austin weighs fines for people not wearing face masks
In a letter to Austin's mayor, Abbott said the city's consideration of new enforcement measures "to ensure compliance with my Executive Orders is an important step toward reducing the spread" of the coronavirus.
Gov. Greg Abbott signaled his encouragement Wednesday to Austin city leaders to move forward on "additional enforcement mechanisms" related to a recent order Abbott issued requiring Texans to wear masks in most public spaces.

In a letter to Austin Mayor Steve Adler, Abbott said the city's consideration of new enforcement measures "to ensure compliance with my Executive Orders is an important step toward reducing the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)."

"As you know, these Orders were created and adopted based on advise from medical experts, and if these Orders are followed, we will be able to protect both public health and the livelihoods of our citizens," he added.

The Austin-American Statesman reported Wednesday that the City Council will meet Thursday "to vote on a resolution that would allow for a fine of up to $2,000 for anyone violating a 'health authority rule' like not wearing a mask" and to take "civil action against any person who maintains a business or site that does not comply with minimum health standards."

While Abbott's letter did not specify that meeting, Adler said as much Thursday in a Facebook Live appearance.

"I got a letter from the governor supporting what the City Council is doing tomorrow," Adler said.

Late last week, Abbott ordered Texans who live in counties with more than 20 active coronavirus cases to wear face coverings over the nose and mouth while in businesses or other buildings open to the public, as well as outdoor public spaces, whenever social distancing is not possible — with some exceptions.

Abbott further discussed his letter to Adler in an appearance on KXAN-TV on Wednesday evening.
"Local officials do need to step up and enforce these executive orders, knowing that the executive orders that have been issued were intended to slow the spread ... without having to close down," he said.

"The last thing that we can and should do is to close down," he added. "It's my understanding the mayor has made clear that he understands that any attempt to close businesses back down into a lockdown or a stay-at-home standard would be in contradiction of my executive order. And so all that they are contemplating doing, as I understand it, is making sure that they do enforce the existing executive order standards."

The American-Statesman also reported Wednesday that city officials are keeping the option of enforcing a local shelter-in-place order. That order would also allow only employees of essential businesses to go to work.

Asked if he would support such a move, Abbott said, "If it's something people want to do, but not as a mandate. I've been clear, and that is that people should still have the freedom to go about their typical job.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/09/20 03:42 PM

Something to think about as you get excited about fining folks for not wearing masks.

Three/Four weeks ago a group of over 200+ protesters were blocking a highway in Dallas...all of them apprehended and taken back to where their cars were and issued a ticket. Less than a week later the fines/tickets were thrown out.

So we are too the point in society that we are excited about writing a ticket for not wearing a mask but people can shut down highways in protest and we are good with throwing those tickets out.

What in the utter **** is going on...smh.
Posted By: TLew

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/09/20 03:47 PM

Yup, that's dumb Judd...pure idiocracy

Speaking of which, I think that movie is where we are headed

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/09/20 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Judd
Something to think about as you get excited about fining folks for not wearing masks.

Three/Four weeks ago a group of over 200+ protesters were blocking a highway in Dallas...all of them apprehended and taken back to where their cars were and issued a ticket. Less than a week later the fines/tickets were thrown out.

So we are too the point in society that we are excited about writing a ticket for not wearing a mask but people can shut down highways in protest and we are good with throwing those tickets out.

What in the utter **** is going on...smh.

The fact that these governments are giving protestors, looters, and vandals a total pass yet threaten to fine/jail anyone who dares challenge or defy their overreaching draconian edicts should scare the hell out of every liberty loving citizen.....
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/09/20 04:57 PM

Equal protection under the law should be used to challenged gov's or officials that prosecute one class of citizens for [censored] and allow another another to break laws with immunity.

Unfortunately, my pockets arent deep enough.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/09/20 05:14 PM

popcorn
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/09/20 05:19 PM

I write my state representative today. I encourage everyone who disagrees with Abbott's orders to do the same.

I'm sure you are aware of the over reach by governor Abbott with the mask mandate. Shortly before the mandate he said the state could not enforce such a mandate. Now I'm reading that he he is backing the Austin mayor on implementation of fines. I ask you to call a special session to pull the reigns on Mr Abbott. I ask that a bill be passed taking away all authority on the matter from one person. No more locking down of business no locking down of schools no mandates of mask in public or school (my 5 year old will not wear a mask at school all day) As you know our local authorities in and around Grayson county are not interested in enforcing such draconian mandates. But most of us work in and around Collin Denton Dallas counties. Make sure Abbott knows I will be campaigning for a conservative who runs against him in 2022

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/09/20 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by ducknbass

I write my state representative today. I encourage everyone who disagrees with Abbott's orders to do the same.

I'm sure you are aware of the over reach by governor Abbott with the mask mandate. Shortly before the mandate he said the state could not enforce such a mandate. Now I'm reading that he he is backing the Austin mayor on implementation of fines. I ask you to call a special session to pull the reigns on Mr Abbott. I ask that a bill be passed taking away all authority on the matter from one person. No more locking down of business no locking down of schools no mandates of mask in public or school (my 5 year old will not wear a mask at school all day) As you know our local authorities in and around Grayson county are not interested in enforcing such draconian mandates. But most of us work in and around Collin Denton Dallas counties. Make sure Abbott knows I will be campaigning for a conservative who runs against him in 2022

These so called conservatives don't care what we think lol, they only bend to the will of the far left. You know this DnB.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/09/20 07:07 PM

Great idea DnB....done.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/09/20 07:10 PM

Thats well written DnB up

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/09/20 09:05 PM

I just got back form an unusual afternoon outing. My first stop was at CVS to get my Celebrex fix. I was at the drive in window ant the man behind me was strapping on his mask. I stopped by the car wash near there and Lone Ranger couldn't touch my debit card without gloves. On to the new HEB. I knew what to expect there. They were fully stocked on everything on my list, including Jimmy Dean crumbles. I pretended I was hoarding and got two.

I was my lucky day. I got the shortest line and prettiest casher. Her name is Laura. We entered into a discussion and she is starting nursing school this Fall. Vicky was bagging and entered into the discussion She plans to be a TV announcer.

Re: Mask order issued for all of Texas - 07/09/20 10:00 PM

I just got back form an unusual afternoon outing. My first stop was at CVS to get my Celebrex fix. I was at the drive in window ant the man behind me was strapping on his mask. I stopped by the car wash near there and Lone Ranger couldn't touch my debit card without gloves. On to the new HEB. I knew what to expect there. They were fully stocked on everything on my list, including Jimmy Dean crumbles. I pretended I was hoarding and got two.

I was my lucky day. I got the shortest line and prettiest casher. Her name is Laura. We entered into a discussion and she is starting nursing school this Fall. Vicky was bagging and entered into the discussion She plans to be a TV announcer.

can't make that call without seeing her teeth. Pretty face with fangled teeth means no go for me...
nuts
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum