Forums46
Topics538,065
Posts9,732,595
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861924 06/06/20 02:16 AM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
The eneffwho?

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: dogcatcher] #7861926 06/06/20 02:18 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Veterans acknowledge their right to do so because they are teeming with values like honor and discipline. They don’t question why. They do or die. For everyone, regardless. They aren’t going to fish for respect. They’re far more concerned with the preservation of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, for all. The least anyone could do is nothing that might disrespect them and what they’ve done. Anthem kneelers may or may not do just that, but enough people feel that they do a disservice to our freedom fighters that it’s hardly worth that risk, in my mind. I’m confident in saying that the kneelers don’t care anything about it, either way, so that enough for me to cast them by the wayside.

That’s just demonstrably false. Some of y’all need to research a little and not expect everyone to think like you do. Some veterans might even be offended that you’re projecting your views on all veterans because you’re using sticking up for them to cover for your viewpoint. I respect veterans, but putting EVERY veteran on the pedestal you just did to confirm your own viewpoint is wrong and factually incorrect. There are plenty of veterans who not only had no issue with the manner he protested, but supported his cause behind the protest.

https://time.com/4956246/war-veteran-kneel-nfl-players/

https://theundefeated.com/features/...veterans-in-support-of-colin-kaepernick/

https://www.aclu.org/blog/racial-justice/i-fought-our-country-now-nfl-players-are-kneeling-me

From the right-wing Washington Examiner:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-for-the-flag-has-anything-to-do-with-us

The best part about this is, nobody cares whether you watch or don’t watch. (Some people might care if you continually bitch and mean about not watching, but I don’t). If you’re offended, don’t watch. I didn’t like the manner of protest but I also didn’t let it stop me from watching football. I don’t agree with everyone’s political leanings here, but it doesn’t cause me to stop visiting the TFF.

up

well, bless you heart.....

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: chalet] #7861927 06/06/20 02:19 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by chalet
The eneffwho?

Exactly.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: skinnerback] #7861937 06/06/20 02:27 AM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by majekman
For me it’s simply entertainment is...entertaining. I like football. I like movies. I like music. It’s always been somewhat baffling to me how so many put so much into the thoughts and beliefs of football players, actors or musicians. They mean only one thing to me.....entertainment. The folks that actually listen or buy into entertainers opinions on anything are lacking something in their life’s...Jmo

Roger that. You're an entertainer, do your job and shut up. I continuously find myself amazed by how many people value their political beliefs. Is no one capable of thinking for themselves anymore?? Why are so many Americans today so easily influenced and brainwashed?

Never mind, I just saw at least 50 phone zombies at the store. Stupid questions.

Nailed it skinner...another W for the OGsalt rat...
cheers

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7861949 06/06/20 02:39 AM
M
muddog1grs Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Im out! No more NFL for me.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7862004 06/06/20 03:32 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Don’t give a [censored] about football. I’ll never kneel for the anthem just like I’ll never kneel to protesters.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: skinnerback] #7862030 06/06/20 03:55 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
For me it’s simply entertainment is...entertaining. I like football. I like movies. I like music. It’s always been somewhat baffling to me how so many put so much into the thoughts and beliefs of football players, actors or musicians. They mean only one thing to me.....entertainment. The folks that actually listen or buy into entertainers opinions on anything are lacking something in their life’s...Jmo

Roger that. You're an entertainer, do your job and shut up. I continuously find myself amazed by how many people value their political beliefs. Is no one capable of thinking for themselves anymore?? Why are so many Americans today so easily influenced and brainwashed?

Never mind, I just saw at least 50 phone zombies at the store. Stupid questions.

Really? That’s like saying you have no say in any of this either. Your opinion doesn’t matter if you’re a welder, trucker, salesman or basketball player. Come on. Just because you disagree with him doesn’t invalidate his opinion. Ignore the political opinions just like I do. I ignore politics of most people. Doesn’t change anything for me.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: Concho] #7862032 06/06/20 03:58 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Concho
Veterans acknowledge their right to do so because they are teeming with values like honor and discipline. They don’t question why. They do or die. For everyone, regardless. They aren’t going to fish for respect. They’re far more concerned with the preservation of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, for all. The least anyone could do is nothing that might disrespect them and what they’ve done. Anthem kneelers may or may not do just that, but enough people feel that they do a disservice to our freedom fighters that it’s hardly worth that risk, in my mind. I’m confident in saying that the kneelers don’t care anything about it, either way, so that enough for me to cast them by the wayside.

That’s just demonstrably false. Some of y’all need to research a little and not expect everyone to think like you do. Some veterans might even be offended that you’re projecting your views on all veterans because you’re using sticking up for them to cover for your viewpoint. I respect veterans, but putting EVERY veteran on the pedestal you just did to confirm your own viewpoint is wrong and factually incorrect. There are plenty of veterans who not only had no issue with the manner he protested, but supported his cause behind the protest.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/racial-justice/i-fought-our-country-now-nfl-players-are-kneeling-me

The best part about this is, nobody cares whether you watch or don’t watch. (Some people might care if you continually bitch and mean about not watching, but I don’t). If you’re offended, don’t watch. I didn’t like the manner of protest but I also didn’t let it stop me from watching football. I don’t agree with everyone’s political leanings here, but it doesn’t cause me to stop visiting the TFF.

up

well, bless you heart.....

The day I get tired of proving you to be a pompous arrogant ignoramus is the day I care about your blessings, Concho. You speak for yourself, and in your mind that’s everyone, but nobody cares.

And it’s pretty well established that DC is a veteran, so if you’re going to say his opinion on this topic doesn’t matter, then no veteran’s opinion matters, which makes you arrogant. And if you don’t know that DC is a veteran, that’s at least twice this week you’ve stepped in it by not knowing who you’re talking to, which makes you pompous.

Last edited by Duck_Hunter; 06/06/20 04:03 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: BigPig] #7862036 06/06/20 04:05 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BigPig
Don’t give a [censored] about football. I’ll never kneel for the anthem just like I’ll never kneel to protesters.

I won’t kneel either.

[Linked Image]
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7862037 06/06/20 04:05 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

How did I project my views on any veterans? Do you know what “in my mind” means?

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: Sneaky] #7862055 06/06/20 04:25 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

How did I project my views on any veterans? Do you know what “in my mind” means?

[Linked Image]
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7862056 06/06/20 04:25 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

Really? That’s like saying you have no say in any of this either. Your opinion doesn’t matter if you’re a welder, trucker, salesman or basketball player. Come on. Just because you disagree with him doesn’t invalidate his opinion. Ignore the political opinions just like I do. I ignore politics of most people. Doesn’t change anything for me.

Nope. The day that my political opinions effect millions of young Americans I will keep my mouth shut and just do my job. Entertain, and STFU. Entertainers have a huge platform to communicate their political beliefs, most of us do not.

I am sick and tired of having left wing ideologies shoved down my throat. It's everywhere now. I am also tired of being told to "Ignore political opinions just like I do". I will never be a passivist.

Just look at Taylor Swift and all of the young folks that believe every bit of her ignorant left wing anti Trump BS. B**** just shut up and sing, quit brainwashing more of young America.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7862060 06/06/20 04:35 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
In 1968 I was at Fort Polk, the Battalion was alerted for possible riot control. The Battalion Sergeant Major stood us at attention and informed us it was not our duty to judge the people and their protests. The one thing I have never forgotten is his words about protests. Not his exact words but as close as I remember them.. We will be there to protect their rights to protest regardless of how we feel about what they are doing.

A lot of good men and women have died protecting the Rights that are in the Constitution. If you are that serious about what they are doing, organize your own protest.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: dogcatcher] #7862069 06/06/20 04:55 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
A lot of good men and women have died protecting the Rights that are in the Constitution. If you are that serious about what they are doing, organize your own protest.

Yes Sir, a lot of good men & women have died protecting the Rights that are in our Constitution......only to have ignorant young brainwashed Americans tare down and disrespect the statues of the very people that sacrificed for them, and for law and order. Pure f'n ignorance. They burn the American flag in the street and it means nothing to them.

If this sort of thing continues there very well may be a "protest" from the silent majority.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7862079 06/06/20 05:10 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
No Fans Left

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: NORML as can be] #7862083 06/06/20 05:16 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
No Fans Left

Sadly, not the case. The NFL could burn the American flag at the 50 yrd line and many would still watch the games.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7862090 06/06/20 06:17 AM
P
pegasaurus Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
P
I find it interesting when people try to show empathy towards a particular group by explaining how that group, of which they have no first hand knowledge, feels or should feel about a particular topic.

As a veteran, I can tell you with 100% certainty that we are are a group of Americans from all walks of life and we each have our own thoughts, ideas and sensitivities. As Americans, we don’t expect to be placed on a pedestal. It’s a job and we are proud to have been given the opportunity to serve America.

I personally do not have any issue with people protesting. People can protest whatever they want.
What I don’t like, in this NFL players case, is how they are choosing to show their protest. To me, the method in which they choose to protest seems to be aimed at the symbol of America. If you protest the very thing that has the purpose of pulling Americans together.... you will never be successful in getting your voice heard.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7862154 06/06/20 12:19 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
After listening to all of the one sided BS from the radio sports announcers and Roger Goodell statement I will no longer watch the NFL. Stopped watching NBA a long time ago.
I will no longer watch any professional sports on TV except UFC and maybe a little golf unless they swing left also.If I get tickets to the Rangers or Stars I will go to those games.

Notice no more Cowboy pic on my signature, its real "FTA"

Last edited by Stub; 06/06/20 12:34 PM.

texas Faith, Family and Freedom flag

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7862192 06/06/20 01:12 PM
B
Big_Ag Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Been turned off by the NFL for years now. Don’t miss it. Don’t care. With The China virus, damaged economy and offending many in their fan base, I see a recipe for financial disaster for the NFL.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7862218 06/06/20 02:00 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by pegasaurus
I find it interesting when people try to show empathy towards a particular group by explaining how that group, of which they have no first hand knowledge, feels or should feel about a particular topic.

As a veteran, I can tell you with 100% certainty that we are are a group of Americans from all walks of life and we each have our own thoughts, ideas and sensitivities. As Americans, we don’t expect to be placed on a pedestal. It’s a job and we are proud to have been given the opportunity to serve America.

I personally do not have any issue with people protesting. People can protest whatever they want.
What I don’t like, in this NFL players case, is how they are choosing to show their protest. To me, the method in which they choose to protest seems to be aimed at the symbol of America. If you protest the very thing that has the purpose of pulling Americans together.... you will never be successful in getting your voice heard.

I 100% agree, however, the green beret who told him he should kneel feels differently.

[Linked Image]
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: skinnerback] #7862220 06/06/20 02:02 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Nope. The day that my political opinions effect millions of young Americans I will keep my mouth shut and just do my job. Entertain, and STFU. Entertainers have a huge platform to communicate their political beliefs, most of us do not.

I am sick and tired of having left wing ideologies shoved down my throat. It's everywhere now. I am also tired of being told to "Ignore political opinions just like I do". I will never be a passivist.

Just look at Taylor Swift and all of the young folks that believe every bit of her ignorant left wing anti Trump BS. B**** just shut up and sing, quit brainwashing more of young America.

cheers

[Linked Image]
Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7862230 06/06/20 02:12 PM
S
spacejunkie Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
S
Wonder if a certain person will now get a QB job?

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: pegasaurus] #7862282 06/06/20 03:10 PM
T
titan2232 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Highest viewed TV broadcasts of 2019 (top 50)

NFL - 41 games

Grammy's, Academy Awards, Misc - 4

College Football - 2

Political - 2

MLB - 1

I like most do not agree with the kneeling, but football is not going away

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: spacejunkie] #7862289 06/06/20 03:15 PM
C
Cool Mo D Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by spacejunkie
Wonder if a certain person will now get a QB job?

I think he's going to be the new NFL commissioner. I sure hope so.That would be GREAT. Bye bye NFL. banana

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. [Re: titan2232] #7862328 06/06/20 03:53 PM
1860.colt Online Content
emoji colt.45
Online Content
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted by titan2232
Highest viewed TV broadcasts of 2019 (top 50)

NFL - 41 games

Grammy's, Academy Awards, Misc - 4

College Football - 2

Political - 2

MLB - 1

I like most do not agree with the kneeling, but football is not going away

confused2 Ya'll aint seen the commercial sponcered by NFL about the virus ?

flag

i'm postaddic
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide