Texas Hunting Forum

Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season.

Posted By: pegasaurus

Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 12:05 AM

Goodell is pandering to the kneelers.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/roger-...otests-black-lives-matter-224540686.html

“ NFL commissioner Roger Goodell released a statement on behalf of the league on Friday acknowledging “we were wrong” in handling the issue of player protest.”
Posted By: Jimbo1

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 12:10 AM

They're just ruining the game for everyone!
Posted By: Deans

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 12:13 AM

Just another reason not to watch. Quit watching a lot of football years ago. Don't miss it.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 12:13 AM

Won't miss it one bit.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 12:16 AM

My NFL has dropped greatly over the last few years. I only watch to follow a few college guys I liked.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 12:21 AM

A veteran (green beret) counseled and convinced Kaepernick to kneel for the anthem instead of sit for the anthem. It was the veteran’s idea.

Everyone has opinions on it, and I don’t like it at all, but let’s not pretend every veteran feels disrespected. Many have publicly said that kneeling during the anthem, or even disrespecting the flag, is one right they served to protect.

Again, I don’t like it, and I don’t even think his reasoning behind it is logical. Feel free to boycott as that’s your right as well. It’s a protest. I don’t care about the political opinions of my sports teams, musicians, movie stars, etc.
Posted By: Sailor

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 12:31 AM

Just because, you have the right to do something...………….
Doesn't make it right, to do...……….
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Deans
Just another reason not to watch. Quit watching a lot of football years ago. Don't miss it.

Yeah, I love football but this may just have to be my protest. Not going to watch
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 12:36 AM

I think the NFL will change the scoring. Taking a knee during the anthem is worth a point per player.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 12:41 AM

Protest deez nuts.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
A veteran (green beret) counseled and convinced Kaepernick to kneel for the anthem instead of sit for the anthem. It was the veteran’s idea.

Everyone has opinions on it, and I don’t like it at all, but let’s not pretend every veteran feels disrespected. Many have publicly said that kneeling during the anthem, or even disrespecting the flag, is one right they served to protect.

Again, I don’t like it, and I don’t even think his reasoning behind it is logical. Feel free to boycott as that’s your right as well. It’s a protest. I don’t care about the political opinions of my sports teams, musicians, movie stars, etc.

Learn something everyday on here. Thanks for posting. I'm just sick of the pandering, especially when I saw Trudeau did it recently. Please. The guy's reputation is in the toilet. I admire the veteran's thinking about a respectable compromise. I'm sure he didn't intend it to become a burgeoning world-wide protest symbol. If everybody's falling all over themselves to do it, it means nothing.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 12:54 AM

Nor should you. Nor should you know it.
Posted By: Concho

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 12:55 AM

I won't miss what I don't watch, if they depend on my buck they will go broke.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Concho
I won't miss what I don't watch, if they depend on my buck they will go broke.

x2 & won't buy NFL crap for gifts either.
Posted By: aerangis

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 01:11 AM

FK the NFL. If there's one entity I'd enjoy seeing go bankrupt that would be it.

Whiney bitches getting paid millions to play a schoolyard game and think they're some sort of fkn hero for it and that their opinion carries the weight of morality. JFC
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 01:12 AM

Veterans acknowledge their right to do so because they are teeming with values like honor and discipline. They don’t question why. They do or die. For everyone, regardless. They aren’t going to fish for respect. They’re far more concerned with the preservation of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, for all. The least anyone could do is nothing that might disrespect them and what they’ve done. Anthem kneelers may or may not do just that, but enough people feel that they do a disservice to our freedom fighters that it’s hardly worth that risk, in my mind. I’m confident in saying that the kneelers don’t care anything about it, either way, so that enough for me to cast them by the wayside.
Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 01:13 AM

Good chance the stands will be empty again...

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by aerangis
FK the NFL. If there's one entity I'd enjoy seeing go bankrupt that would be it.

Whiney bitches getting paid millions to play a schoolyard game and think they're some sort of fkn hero for it and that their opinion carries the weight of morality. JFC

Well said.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 01:16 AM

I will never understand the fascination with pro sports.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by ducknbass

I agree, but that’s a different topic.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
Veterans acknowledge their right to do so because they are teeming with values like honor and discipline. They don’t question why. They do or die. For everyone, regardless. They aren’t going to fish for respect. They’re far more concerned with the preservation of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, for all. The least anyone could do is nothing that might disrespect them and what they’ve done. Anthem kneelers may or may not do just that, but enough people feel that they do a disservice to our freedom fighters that it’s hardly worth that risk, in my mind. I’m confident in saying that the kneelers don’t care anything about it, either way, so that enough for me to cast them by the wayside.

That’s just demonstrably false. Some of y’all need to research a little and not expect everyone to think like you do. Some veterans might even be offended that you’re projecting your views on all veterans because you’re using sticking up for them to cover for your viewpoint. I respect veterans, but putting EVERY veteran on the pedestal you just did to confirm your own viewpoint is wrong and factually incorrect. There are plenty of veterans who not only had no issue with the manner he protested, but supported his cause behind the protest.

https://time.com/4956246/war-veteran-kneel-nfl-players/

https://theundefeated.com/features/...veterans-in-support-of-colin-kaepernick/

https://www.aclu.org/blog/racial-justice/i-fought-our-country-now-nfl-players-are-kneeling-me

From the right-wing Washington Examiner:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...-for-the-flag-has-anything-to-do-with-us

The best part about this is, nobody cares whether you watch or don’t watch. (Some people might care if you continually bitch and mean about not watching, but I don’t). If you’re offended, don’t watch. I didn’t like the manner of protest but I also didn’t let it stop me from watching football. I don’t agree with everyone’s political leanings here, but it doesn’t cause me to stop visiting the TFF.
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 01:59 AM

Kaepernick will probably take Goodells place.
Posted By: majekman

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 02:01 AM

For me it’s simply entertainment is...entertaining. I like football. I like movies. I like music. It’s always been somewhat baffling to me how so many put so much into the thoughts and beliefs of football players, actors or musicians. They mean only one thing to me.....entertainment. The folks that actually listen or buy into entertainers opinions on anything are lacking something in their life’s...Jmo
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 02:03 AM

That’s just demonstrably false. Some of y’all need to research a little and not expect everyone to think like you do. Some veterans might even be offended that you’re projecting your views on all veterans because you’re using sticking up for them to cover for your viewpoint. I respect veterans, but putting EVERY veteran on the pedestal you just did to confirm your own viewpoint is wrong and factually incorrect. There are plenty of veterans who not only had no issue with the manner he protested, but supported his cause behind the protest.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/racial-justice/i-fought-our-country-now-nfl-players-are-kneeling-me

The best part about this is, nobody cares whether you watch or don’t watch. (Some people might care if you continually bitch and mean about not watching, but I don’t). If you’re offended, don’t watch. I didn’t like the manner of protest but I also didn’t let it stop me from watching football. I don’t agree with everyone’s political leanings here, but it doesn’t cause me to stop visiting the TFF.

up

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by majekman
For me it’s simply entertainment is...entertaining. I like football. I like movies. I like music. It’s always been somewhat baffling to me how so many put so much into the thoughts and beliefs of football players, actors or musicians. They mean only one thing to me.....entertainment. The folks that actually listen or buy into entertainers opinions on anything are lacking something in their life’s...Jmo

Roger that. You're an entertainer, do your job and shut up. I continuously find myself amazed by how many people value their political beliefs. Is no one capable of thinking for themselves anymore?? Why are so many Americans today so easily influenced and brainwashed?

Never mind, I just saw at least 50 phone zombies at the store. Stupid questions.
Posted By: chalet

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 02:16 AM

The eneffwho?
Posted By: Concho

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher

up

well, bless you heart.....

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by chalet
The eneffwho?

Exactly.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by skinnerback

Roger that. You're an entertainer, do your job and shut up. I continuously find myself amazed by how many people value their political beliefs. Is no one capable of thinking for themselves anymore?? Why are so many Americans today so easily influenced and brainwashed?

Never mind, I just saw at least 50 phone zombies at the store. Stupid questions.

Nailed it skinner...another W for the OGsalt rat...
cheers
Posted By: muddog1grs

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 02:39 AM

Im out! No more NFL for me.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 03:32 AM

Don’t give a [censored] about football. I’ll never kneel for the anthem just like I’ll never kneel to protesters.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 03:55 AM

Really? That’s like saying you have no say in any of this either. Your opinion doesn’t matter if you’re a welder, trucker, salesman or basketball player. Come on. Just because you disagree with him doesn’t invalidate his opinion. Ignore the political opinions just like I do. I ignore politics of most people. Doesn’t change anything for me.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Concho

up

well, bless you heart.....

The day I get tired of proving you to be a pompous arrogant ignoramus is the day I care about your blessings, Concho. You speak for yourself, and in your mind that’s everyone, but nobody cares.

And it’s pretty well established that DC is a veteran, so if you’re going to say his opinion on this topic doesn’t matter, then no veteran’s opinion matters, which makes you arrogant. And if you don’t know that DC is a veteran, that’s at least twice this week you’ve stepped in it by not knowing who you’re talking to, which makes you pompous.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by BigPig
Don’t give a [censored] about football. I’ll never kneel for the anthem just like I’ll never kneel to protesters.

I won’t kneel either.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 04:05 AM

How did I project my views on any veterans? Do you know what “in my mind” means?

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 04:25 AM

How did I project my views on any veterans? Do you know what “in my mind” means?

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 04:25 AM

Really? That’s like saying you have no say in any of this either. Your opinion doesn’t matter if you’re a welder, trucker, salesman or basketball player. Come on. Just because you disagree with him doesn’t invalidate his opinion. Ignore the political opinions just like I do. I ignore politics of most people. Doesn’t change anything for me.

Nope. The day that my political opinions effect millions of young Americans I will keep my mouth shut and just do my job. Entertain, and STFU. Entertainers have a huge platform to communicate their political beliefs, most of us do not.

I am sick and tired of having left wing ideologies shoved down my throat. It's everywhere now. I am also tired of being told to "Ignore political opinions just like I do". I will never be a passivist.

Just look at Taylor Swift and all of the young folks that believe every bit of her ignorant left wing anti Trump BS. B**** just shut up and sing, quit brainwashing more of young America.

Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 04:35 AM

In 1968 I was at Fort Polk, the Battalion was alerted for possible riot control. The Battalion Sergeant Major stood us at attention and informed us it was not our duty to judge the people and their protests. The one thing I have never forgotten is his words about protests. Not his exact words but as close as I remember them.. We will be there to protect their rights to protest regardless of how we feel about what they are doing.

A lot of good men and women have died protecting the Rights that are in the Constitution. If you are that serious about what they are doing, organize your own protest.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 04:55 AM

A lot of good men and women have died protecting the Rights that are in the Constitution. If you are that serious about what they are doing, organize your own protest.

Yes Sir, a lot of good men & women have died protecting the Rights that are in our Constitution......only to have ignorant young brainwashed Americans tare down and disrespect the statues of the very people that sacrificed for them, and for law and order. Pure f'n ignorance. They burn the American flag in the street and it means nothing to them.

If this sort of thing continues there very well may be a "protest" from the silent majority.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 05:10 AM

No Fans Left

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by NORML as can be
No Fans Left

Sadly, not the case. The NFL could burn the American flag at the 50 yrd line and many would still watch the games.
Posted By: pegasaurus

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 06:17 AM

I find it interesting when people try to show empathy towards a particular group by explaining how that group, of which they have no first hand knowledge, feels or should feel about a particular topic.

As a veteran, I can tell you with 100% certainty that we are are a group of Americans from all walks of life and we each have our own thoughts, ideas and sensitivities. As Americans, we don’t expect to be placed on a pedestal. It’s a job and we are proud to have been given the opportunity to serve America.

I personally do not have any issue with people protesting. People can protest whatever they want.
What I don’t like, in this NFL players case, is how they are choosing to show their protest. To me, the method in which they choose to protest seems to be aimed at the symbol of America. If you protest the very thing that has the purpose of pulling Americans together.... you will never be successful in getting your voice heard.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 12:19 PM

After listening to all of the one sided BS from the radio sports announcers and Roger Goodell statement I will no longer watch the NFL. Stopped watching NBA a long time ago.
I will no longer watch any professional sports on TV except UFC and maybe a little golf unless they swing left also.If I get tickets to the Rangers or Stars I will go to those games.

Notice no more Cowboy pic on my signature, its real "FTA"
Posted By: Big_Ag

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 01:12 PM

Been turned off by the NFL for years now. Don’t miss it. Don’t care. With The China virus, damaged economy and offending many in their fan base, I see a recipe for financial disaster for the NFL.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by pegasaurus
I find it interesting when people try to show empathy towards a particular group by explaining how that group, of which they have no first hand knowledge, feels or should feel about a particular topic.

As a veteran, I can tell you with 100% certainty that we are are a group of Americans from all walks of life and we each have our own thoughts, ideas and sensitivities. As Americans, we don’t expect to be placed on a pedestal. It’s a job and we are proud to have been given the opportunity to serve America.

I personally do not have any issue with people protesting. People can protest whatever they want.
What I don’t like, in this NFL players case, is how they are choosing to show their protest. To me, the method in which they choose to protest seems to be aimed at the symbol of America. If you protest the very thing that has the purpose of pulling Americans together.... you will never be successful in getting your voice heard.

I 100% agree, however, the green beret who told him he should kneel feels differently.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 02:02 PM

Nope. The day that my political opinions effect millions of young Americans I will keep my mouth shut and just do my job. Entertain, and STFU. Entertainers have a huge platform to communicate their political beliefs, most of us do not.

I am sick and tired of having left wing ideologies shoved down my throat. It's everywhere now. I am also tired of being told to "Ignore political opinions just like I do". I will never be a passivist.

Just look at Taylor Swift and all of the young folks that believe every bit of her ignorant left wing anti Trump BS. B**** just shut up and sing, quit brainwashing more of young America.

cheers
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 02:12 PM

Wonder if a certain person will now get a QB job?
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 03:10 PM

Highest viewed TV broadcasts of 2019 (top 50)

NFL - 41 games

Grammy's, Academy Awards, Misc - 4

College Football - 2

Political - 2

MLB - 1

I like most do not agree with the kneeling, but football is not going away
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie
Wonder if a certain person will now get a QB job?

I think he's going to be the new NFL commissioner. I sure hope so.That would be GREAT. Bye bye NFL. banana
Posted By: 1860.colt

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by titan2232

NFL - 41 games

College Football - 2

Political - 2

MLB - 1

confused2 Ya'll aint seen the commercial sponcered by NFL about the virus ?

flag
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 04:06 PM

Let them have at it, I haven't watched a game in years.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 05:12 PM

“I like most do not agree with the kneeling, but football is not going away”

Kneel all ya want during the entire game, during halftime shows, during time outs, after you just scored 6, heck during halftime, but by gawsh you stand at attention, hat off, hand over your heart and show some freakin’ respect during the National Anthem. It’s 2 minutes of your life to actually appear respectable and have some sort of positive impact on our kiddos that are watching and taking notes from the ones who probably benefit the most from this great country.

This year I hope to be sittin’ in a blind during every game anyway.

God Bless America

flag
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
“I like most do not agree with the kneeling, but football is not going away”

Kneel all ya want during the entire game, during halftime shows, during time outs, after you just scored 6, heck during halftime, but by gawsh you stand at attention, hat off, hand over your heart and show some freakin’ respect during the National Anthem. It’s 2 minutes of your life to actually appear respectable and have some sort of positive impact on our kiddos that are watching and taking notes from the ones who probably benefit the most from this great country.

This year I hope to be sittin’ in a blind during every game anyway.

God Bless America

flag

correct. i doubt the NFL will miss the couple dozen THF who wont watch.
Posted By: DavidC.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 05:31 PM

You're in or you're out, there is no in between gray area, I don't support NO organization that does not support my flag or country.
People can cut it up and divide the real issue all they want, you are an American or you're not, Mr, New Orleans saints quarterback!
Best example i can give lately, no balls and no pride and glory for your country, wonder what his son will think when he grows up and listens to the way his Dad sold out his patriotism for a leftist radical cause.
Go Tigers.
DC
USCG, retired.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 06:25 PM

I agree, but that’s a different topic.

Actually no. This is the topic.
Posted By: freerange

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 08:21 PM

majekman, well said, im backing you on this one.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by freerange

yep
Posted By: TPACK

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 08:49 PM

I do not care. I watch absolutely NO sports.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 08:55 PM

I think the majority don't care what they think. They want to watch their entertainment without a side of politics. Way I see it anyways
Posted By: titan2232

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/06/20 09:51 PM

I think the majority don't care what they think. They want to watch their entertainment without a side of politics. Way I see it anyways

Mic drop
Posted By: maximus_flavius

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/07/20 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by titan2232

NFL - 41 games

College Football - 2

Political - 2

MLB - 1

It doesn’t have “to go away”.

Normal folks just have to quit watching & going to games for a season or 2. The lost revenue may teach the owners a lesson.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/07/20 02:12 AM

A cop taking a knee in Minnesota is what started this latest round of drama. Does nobody else see the irony in all of this? How taking a knee, is still somehow considered appropriate for their cause, is beyond me. confused2
Posted By: Superduty

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/07/20 02:41 AM

Well the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell publicly apologized for not really recognizing the kneeling, black lives matter movement.

Get ready!

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/07/20 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Superduty
Well the NFL commissioner, Roger Goodell publicly apologized for not really recognizing the kneeling, black lives matter movement.

Get ready!

He is the worst commissioner in sports history. Just totally inept. I’m not saying he is wrong or right, I’m just saying he is inept. This issue has been around for years and he is just now saying something about it? He sucks!

The kneeling is wrong, but it started in his league. He had ample time to address it and he didn’t.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/07/20 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Superduty

Get ready!

He is the worst commissioner in sports history. Just totally inept. I’m not saying he is wrong or right, I’m just saying he is inept. This issue has been around for years and he is just now saying something about it? He sucks!

The kneeling is wrong, but it started in his league. He had ample time to address it and he didn’t.

Yup...preach on DH
cheers
Posted By: Ranch Dawg

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/07/20 05:39 AM

FNFL
Posted By: bigjoe8565

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/07/20 09:47 AM

I won’t be surprised if the NFL and NBA discontinue playing the National Anthem. I’m their minds, problem solved.
Posted By: texfork

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/07/20 11:10 AM

Protest deez nuts.

[Linked Image]

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/07/20 11:40 AM

I 100% agree, however, the green beret who told him he should kneel feels differently.

Protesting to shed light on social ills is commendable. Overt displays of anger directed at symbols of our nation and acts of hatred, disrespect, and contempt against those symbols infers a ideological renouncement of citizenship, the desire to no longer be an American. That is extremely offensiv

On a lighter note, having served in the US Army in an ISA MOS, contractor in a field staffed with with quite a few hsld guys, I'm intimately aquainted with the mindset of the average SF, CAG, etc operator. I'd bet my left nut that the "SF vet" you keep referencing was thinking devious thoughts and being well trained in the art of pranks and fking with peoples heads, he suggested, in a subtle, albeit ineffective manner, that Keperdick would get more attention if he kneeled. Obviously, he couldnt come right out and say it, but Im sure his intent was to see him kneeling [censored] up in the air, not on a knee.

Kaeperdick is an example of a lack of emotional intelligence, overinflated sense of self worth, victim mentality and entitlement. He acted in a manner that was not only offensive to many football fans, his behavior was detrimental to his employer, their business entity, brand, and his teammates.It was all about him and getting his way as he whined like a little bitch when he became a liability and faced the consequences of his actions.

When I think of the sacrifice made by an NFL player who walked away from a lucrative contract to become a Ranger in the United States Army to serve his country and lost his life for it, the moral and ethical contradictions between Kaeperdicks actions and those of that Ranger are so profound I honestly cannot fathom how that man could be so self centered and blind to the shame of his presence on a football field or in the media.

I protest Kaepernicks actions by refusing to have anything to do with the NFL. FK the NFL.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/07/20 12:13 PM

It's not so much empathy as it is herd mentality/group think/ignorance or one of a number of argumentive fallacies. Then again, it could be they're a bullsh1t artist and make up authoratative statements that are well written nonsense but make them appear intelligent.

Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/07/20 01:31 PM

In attempts to look and sound intelligent, way too many end up showing their arse.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/07/20 01:52 PM

I stopped watching the NFL before all this kneeling started. Let 'er rip.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/07/20 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by aerangis

Protesting to shed light on social ills is commendable. Overt displays of anger directed at symbols of our nation and acts of hatred, disrespect, and contempt against those symbols infers a ideological renouncement of citizenship, the desire to no longer be an American. That is extremely offensiv

On a lighter note, having served in the US Army in an ISA MOS, contractor in a field staffed with with quite a few hsld guys, I'm intimately aquainted with the mindset of the average SF, CAG, etc operator. I'd bet my left nut that the "SF vet" you keep referencing was thinking devious thoughts and being well trained in the art of pranks and fking with peoples heads, he suggested, in a subtle, albeit ineffective manner, that Keperdick would get more attention if he kneeled. Obviously, he couldnt come right out and say it, but Im sure his intent was to see him kneeling [censored] up in the air, not on a knee.

Kaeperdick is an example of a lack of emotional intelligence, overinflated sense of self worth, victim mentality and entitlement. He acted in a manner that was not only offensive to many football fans, his behavior was detrimental to his employer, their business entity, brand, and his teammates.It was all about him and getting his way as he whined like a little bitch when he became a liability and faced the consequences of his actions.

When I think of the sacrifice made by an NFL player who walked away from a lucrative contract to become a Ranger in the United States Army to serve his country and lost his life for it, the moral and ethical contradictions between Kaeperdicks actions and those of that Ranger are so profound I honestly cannot fathom how that man could be so self centered and blind to the shame of his presence on a football field or in the media.

I protest Kaepernicks actions by refusing to have anything to do with the NFL. FK the NFL.

His name is Nate Boyer, and he wrote an open letter to Kaepernick in the Army Times. There wasn’t anything subtle about it. The open letter led to a meeting and here is how Boyer describes the suggestion:

While making it clear he would not stand, Kaepernick asked Boyer if there was another way he could protest. Kneel rather than sit, he was told, that way you can be alongside your teammates.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-kaepernick-kneel-boyer-20180916-story.html

Pat Tillman was an American hero and what happened to him was a tragedy. Just absolutely inexcusable. I agree with you about Kaepernick, by the way.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/07/20 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
In attempts to look and sound intelligent, way too many end up showing their arse.

I have to agree. One of the more irritating examples is a person parroting aspects of a monarchist or caste based culture/nation that they admire or look up to as sophisticates with exemplary taste.

In the early 80's when the tv show "Dallas" was all the rage, I made several extended trips to the British Isles including London and one of the popular hangouts among the locals was a bar called Texas. Being a born and bred native Texan and a real
ropin/ridin/calf-cuttin/hay baling cowboy (albeit an incognito cowboy, in the guise of a long haired, wanna be musician:), I spent an inordinate amount of time partying and bar hopping/clubbing with the locals and without fail, the second I opened my mouth and started talking, heads would turn and stare. Then someone (typically female(s) would strike up a conversation and ask if I was a yank. I had my A game honed to perfection and after a breif pause (for dramatic effect:) I would reply in a slow, thickTexas drawl "A Yank?...... He11 no, I'm a Texan". Needless to say, back in the day, there was way too much fun to be had. (same in Australia).

I dont recall hearing any brits, scots, or limeys ever use the word "ya'll" in conversation, probably for the same reasons a woman chasing Texan would never use the word "arse". When I see a sexy woman, in my mind Im thinkin "sexy" and "nice azz". I think someone once said the only time they heard a cowboy use the word "arse" was in some movie I think was called Brokeback Mountain Butt Boys".

Posted By: ndhunter

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/08/20 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by bigjoe8565
I won’t be surprised if the NFL and NBA discontinue playing the National Anthem. I’m their minds, problem solved.

That is what I think will happen. Major sporting events will no longer include the National Anthem.

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/08/20 07:28 PM

No anthem at games fine by me....take the chance to be disrespectful out if the equation... I didn’t pay good money to come watch some inconsequential person protest anyway.....just run em out on the field, flip a coin and let em start beating the crap out of each other. THATS what I pay to see.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/08/20 07:37 PM

violin

Re: Looks like kneeling is going to be in style this football season. - 06/08/20 07:59 PM

No anthem at games fine by me....take the chance to be disrespectful out if the equation... I didn’t pay good money to come watch some inconsequential person protest anyway.....just run em out on the field, flip a coin and let em start beating the crap out of each other. THATS what I pay to see.

Fine by me also.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum