Forums46
Topics538,016
Posts9,731,842
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7856152 05/31/20 02:34 AM
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I know this is an internet forum, but there is definitely one thing this whole incident has taught me -- I know who I would buy a beer for and who I wouldn't.

Hope EVERYONE stays safe and I mean that, whether I want to have a beer with you or not.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7856166 05/31/20 03:04 AM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
I find it rather amusing about all the debate on cause of death. Whatever it was the video is a slam dunk. Knee cop was responsible or assisted in the death of the man. Was in intentional? I don’t think so but...Nobody truly knows that except knee cop.
Knee cops D team has a long road to plow in my opinion. Knee cop will do time. How much is the question.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Texas buckeye] #7856191 05/31/20 03:37 AM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
SA, I am not saying the knee to the neck caused a stoppage of oxygen, just a diminished supply of oxygen to the heart. That was enough to trigger the heart attack. Even if he was tripping on drugs, there is no guarantee he would have died from that alone, but couple some pre-existing cardiac disease, the knee on the neck decreasing his oxygen levels in an agitated state, and anything else, and that means he has an increased risk of dying from a heart attack. Which he did. It is my opinion you would be very hard pressed to find a doctor that says the knee on the neck wasn’t at least partially causative of the heart attack, unless there is tell tale proof he was having chest pain or other symptoms of a heart attack prior, but then you are getting into a failure to render aid and all that. I am not convicting anyone of anything just yet, but just saying the knee on the neck was a very likely cause of Floyd’s death.

Roger, roger. Time will tell.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7856195 05/31/20 03:45 AM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Yep, time will tell, if we ever see the real story on this one. Unfortunately it is such an incendiary I fear we won’t see the true story until it’s too late...may already be at that point

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Texas buckeye] #7856197 05/31/20 03:48 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Yep, time will tell, if we ever see the real story on this one. Unfortunately it is such an incendiary I fear we won’t see the true story until it’s too late...may already be at that point

Yeah, lots and lots of pressure. That why I hate seeing thing get so publicised.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Sneaky] #7856245 05/31/20 10:44 AM
B
BradyBuck Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Originally Posted by Brad Hardt
Sneaky , what do you mean by " self inflected conditions "?

Pretty sure those words speak for theirselves. I’ve got better things to do than teach you a language you should already know.

Hmmmm...

The irony of it or is it erony?

Inflicted

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: S.A. hunter] #7856363 05/31/20 02:36 PM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
You are saying that, the knee caused the lack of oxygen and the lack of oxygen caused his heart attack..... I'm saying let's wait for the details to come out. I suspect they might of called for paramedics before he went unconscious. Maybe before he was on the ground........ waiting for the facts. The narrative that he suffocated because the knee to the back of the neck is sunk.

I think he mans lack of oxygen in the blood, not lack of oxygen to his lungs. Those are two very different things, and I’ve seen it said that kneeling on someone’s neck may not stop their breathing, like choking someone, but it may restrict an artery from delivering enough oxygen in the blood to the heart.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7856432 05/31/20 03:51 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
You are saying that, the knee caused the lack of oxygen and the lack of oxygen caused his heart attack..... I'm saying let's wait for the details to come out. I suspect they might of called for paramedics before he went unconscious. Maybe before he was on the ground........ waiting for the facts. The narrative that he suffocated because the knee to the back of the neck is sunk.

I think he mans lack of oxygen in the blood, not lack of oxygen to his lungs. Those are two very different things, and I’ve seen it said that kneeling on someone’s neck may not stop their breathing, like choking someone, but it may restrict an artery from delivering enough oxygen in the blood to the heart.

Still with the square peg in the round hole. It doesn't fit....

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Texas buckeye] #7856440 05/31/20 03:59 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

You can take it to the bank when Texas buckeye post it. He's one of the smartest men I know. What I call "stick toitness." He calls it "tenacity."

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: bill oxner] #7856446 05/31/20 04:08 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I think yall are splitting hairs on the cause of death at this time. If the judge had sent us to deliberate then yes. If yall enjoy discussing then i guess ill keep trying to learn from yall--seems like we should have better things to do, but here i am, so theres that....
Now, if there was anything exciting in the Deer Hunting section i would be outa here.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: freerange] #7856460 05/31/20 04:25 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by freerange
I think yall are splitting hairs on the cause of death at this time. If the judge had sent us to deliberate then yes. If yall enjoy discussing then i guess ill keep trying to learn from yall--seems like we should have better things to do, but here i am, so theres that....
Now, if there was anything exciting in the Deer Hunting section i would be outa here.

Some like to talk, debate, and discuss things.... Some don't. Only problem is that some take things to heart.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7856464 05/31/20 04:30 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Like the victim

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: freerange] #7856493 05/31/20 04:56 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Well articulate.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: S.A. hunter] #7856496 05/31/20 05:00 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F

Some like to talk, debate, and discuss things.... Some don't. Only problem is that some take things to heart.

SA, considering how little I know about you I like you. I definitely like TxBuck. I figure yall were on debate teams in HS and i would pay to watch. My money would be on TB. I may throw Hud in there too but im not sure the debate judges give extra credit for his 3 word gems. Alls good gents, just consider me halftime entertainment, carry on.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Hudbone] #7856499 05/31/20 05:01 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Like the victim

That’s really my point. Kneeling on ones neck doesn’t always kill someone, probably pretty rarely (don’t know that it has ever been studied (yes that’s a joke in case anyone is wondering)) but in this situation he died. We have an initial cause of death as heart attack, I haven’t seen the ME report to know more about the cause of death. But anyone with some medical knowledge would have to agree that kneeling on his neck for 7 minutes had at least some partial cause in the heart attack. And that’s all that matters, in this case. The victim/perp died, while cops did something that almost certainly had some play in that cause.

The argument could/will be made “so doctor, in your opinion, had mr Floyd’s neck not been impinged for 7 minutes and his oxygen levels in his blood not been reduced from normal levels, would he have had as high a chance for having a heart attack?”

The answer to that question is a resounding “No”

In a trial, that is all the evidence needed. And then the jury gets to hear about the lack of aid rendered for an additional three minutes when he passed out....”had the officers administered their AED in a timely manner is it possible Mr Floyd would still be alive?”

The answer to that is not “no”

Again, guilty and guilty. When this goes to trial, the cop(s) will be found guilty of some sort of crime, not sure the type, but they were for sure negligent on their watch in several regards, one (cop) more so than the others.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: freerange] #7856508 05/31/20 05:09 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

SA, considering how little I know about you I like you. I definitely like TxBuck. I figure yall were on debate teams in HS and i would pay to watch. My money would be on TB. I may throw Hud in there too but im not sure the debate judges give extra credit for his 3 word gems. Alls good gents, just consider me halftime entertainment, carry on.

I am not a betting man and would not put money on myself in something that is judged....having said that I appreciate SA’s civil discussions. As he has said before we don’t always see eye to eye and that is A OK in my book, but when people start acting all libtard and start going personal and calling names, that’s when it gets ridiculous. SA, and I sure try to do the same, doesn’t do that, so I enjoy his insights. We can all learn something from everyone, even if not technical knowledge, we can still learn how to better phrase things or present things.
up

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Texas buckeye] #7856512 05/31/20 05:12 PM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Like the victim

That’s really my point. Kneeling on ones neck doesn’t always kill someone, probably pretty rarely (don’t know that it has ever been studied (yes that’s a joke in case anyone is wondering)) but in this situation he died. We have an initial cause of death as heart attack, I haven’t seen the ME report to know more about the cause of death. But anyone with some medical knowledge would have to agree that kneeling on his neck for 7 minutes had at least some partial cause in the heart attack. And that’s all that matters, in this case. The victim/perp died, while cops did something that almost certainly had some play in that cause.

The argument could/will be made “so doctor, in your opinion, had mr Floyd’s neck not been impinged for 7 minutes and his oxygen levels in his blood not been reduced from normal levels, would he have had as high a chance for having a heart attack?”

In a trial, that is all the evidence needed. And then the jury gets to hear about the lack of aid rendered for an additional three minutes when he passed out....”had the officers administered their AED in a timely manner is it possible Mr Floyd would still be alive?”

Again, guilty and guilty. When this goes to trial, the cop(s) will be found guilty of some sort of crime, not sure the type, but they were for sure negligent on their watch in several regards, one (cop) more so than the others.

You sum it up pretty well! Culpable negligence is 2nd Degree Manslaughter. Callous indifference, when he should have known Floyd was in medical distress, is 3rd Degree Murder.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Marc K] #7856573 05/31/20 06:17 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Marc K
It was obviously a Covid 19 death.

Beat me to it.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: S.A. hunter] #7856597 05/31/20 06:54 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Still with the square peg in the round hole. It doesn't fit....

I don’t understand what this means. Like I said earlier in one of these threads, whether he died from choking or heart attack changes nothing. The subject of this thread is that he wasn’t suffocated, per the autopsy report, and Buckeye has explained that kneeling on someone’s neck can cause oxygen levels in the blood to drop, causing a heart attack, which would explain the heart attack a man suffered when a cop kneeled on his neck for nearly nine minutes.

Just because the man didn’t die from asphyxiation doesn’t change a thing. I am not sure what doesn’t “fit,” in your opinion. He still died in police custody as a result of a cop kneeling on his neck for nine minutes, nearly three of which he was unresponsive.

Nothing has changed.

Well said. I definitely like to debate.

[Linked Image]
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: Texas buckeye] #7857155 06/01/20 07:23 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Like the victim

I know I'm just a truck driver, but I did spend 4 years in radiology before I made the move. I've seen plenty of C.T.s, MRIs, Angiograms, and central line placement. I'm have a good idea of where the carotid/jugular are relative to the C-spine. If I were the defense I would spare no expense on a forensic scientist. My argument would be that with the Floyd being prone and facing away from the officer, Floyd's trapezius muscle, and the angle of the officer's leg would of prevented the knee from restricting blood flow from the carotid. Now if Floyd was facing the officer I would 100% agree that the officer's knee would of definitely restricted blood flow. The knee would of pinned the carotid against the c-spine.

I would want to know if he was under the influence of drugs at the time of his death. If so, what drug? What effects does the drug have on the body? What effects would a struggle have on top of that? Would a elevated Blood Pressure/ adrenaline cause a heart attack? Would also want to know when and why were the paramedics called. I suspect they were called before he died. This might indicate a possible heart attack before the knee.

I don't know what kind of heart failure was involved, but I would want to know what if any first aid would of/could of saved him. Did the officer have anything on hand that could of saved him, like blood thinners, defibrillator ect ect.

With all that being said, my final question to the doctor/ expert would be can you say 100% that the knee is what lead to the heart failing. Is the knee what killed him?

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: S.A. hunter] #7857313 06/01/20 01:55 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Like the victim

I know I'm just a truck driver, but I did spend 4 years in radiology before I made the move. I've seen plenty of C.T.s, MRIs, Angiograms, and central line placement. I'm have a good idea of where the carotid/jugular are relative to the C-spine. If I were the defense I would spare no expense on a forensic scientist. My argument would be that with the Floyd being prone and facing away from the officer, Floyd's trapezius muscle, and the angle of the officer's leg would of prevented the knee from restricting blood flow from the carotid. Now if Floyd was facing the officer I would 100% agree that the officer's knee would of definitely restricted blood flow. The knee would of pinned the carotid against the c-spine.

I would want to know if he was under the influence of drugs at the time of his death. If so, what drug? What effects does the drug have on the body? What effects would a struggle have on top of that? Would a elevated Blood Pressure/ adrenaline cause a heart attack? Would also want to know when and why were the paramedics called. I suspect they were called before he died. This might indicate a possible heart attack before the knee.

I don't know what kind of heart failure was involved, but I would want to know what if any first aid would of/could of saved him. Did the officer have anything on hand that could of saved him, like blood thinners, defibrillator ect ect.

With all that being said, my final question to the doctor/ expert would be can you say 100% that the knee is what lead to the heart failing. Is the knee what killed him?

up

[Linked Image]
Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7857319 06/01/20 02:01 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I am not understanding Hunter's argument here.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7857329 06/01/20 02:12 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
SA I get what you are saying there, and as I mentioned there is no way to prove the knee 100% caused the heart attack. And there is no need to 100% prove the knee caused the heart attack. All they have to do
Is have some expert testify the knee was likely a part in the heart attack not the ultimate cause. Did the knee contribute to the heart attack...that’s all. The reason that’s all they have to show is because Floyd died, he had a heart attack while in police custody. The burden of proof is different now, because this happened on their watch. The burden shifts from what caused the heart attack to what contributed to the heart attack and did the cops actions. Directly contribute to the heart attack. The burden of proof lies in the defense finding someone willing to say with 100% certainty the knee could not have precipitated a heart attack. That, in my medical Opinion, is not going to happen. The plaintiffs will definitely have expert after expert that will testify the knee could have been a factor in the heart attack. That is all they need since the burden of proof isn’t on them due to the fact Floyd DID have a heart attack and died.

There is a huge difference between saying the knee would cause of heart attack and the knee could cause a heart attack. But that is a big difference in this case. The shift in burden of proof is critical.

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7857336 06/01/20 02:17 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
and the guy died

Re: Asphyxiation not the cause of George Floyd's death: Autopsy [Re: HWY_MAN] #7857338 06/01/20 02:19 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I always look to my friends who are cops in situations like this. All i know is that I’ve seen dozens of them comment that they too are outraged by the way that officer acted.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide