Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I needed a giggle..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7742758 02/11/20 03:19 AM
L
Lakhota Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L
These are always great for a laugh. I’m just glad I have the one about the guy that picked up a bob cat on the side of the road. Then there was a story about a kid, a skunk, the dog that got sprayed, and his sisters new coat getting ruined. The mom was a nurse and some how that kid lived to tell the story.

Re: I needed a giggle..... [Re: Lakhota] #7742942 02/11/20 03:02 PM
B
Big Fitz Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by Lakhota
These are always great for a laugh. I’m just glad I have the one about the guy that picked up a bob cat on the side of the road. Then there was a story about a kid, a skunk, the dog that got sprayed, and his sisters new coat getting ruined. The mom was a nurse and some how that kid lived to tell the story.

What sort of degenerate would pick up a bobcat on the side of the road? peep

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
I was wrong...on anything technical.

Originally Posted by Sailor
Fitz............. is right, ya know............
Re: I needed a giggle..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7742979 02/11/20 03:48 PM
T
Texasteach Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
www.homesteadingtoday.com › ... › Countryside Families
Roping a deer, not smart (funny) | Welcome to the Homesteading ...
Jan 29, 2011 - 20 posts - ‎17 authors
I had this idea that I could rope a deer, put it in a stall, feed it up on corn for a couple of weeks, then kill it and eat it. The first step in this adventure was getting a deer. I figured that, since they congregate at my cattle feeder and do not seem ... I never in a million years would have thought that a deer would bite ...

Great Story. Been around the circuit since 2007. I can't find who the original author is.

You did what?
Re: I needed a giggle..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7790132 03/30/20 04:27 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
With everyone a little on edge lately though I’d recycle these funnies.... re-read them and giggle a bit....

Feel free to post up your funny stories.... cheers

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: I needed a giggle..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7790148 03/30/20 04:41 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
roflmao rofl rofl clap
rifle

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: I needed a giggle..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7790162 03/30/20 04:58 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
The kid with the flaming arrows is classic.

Re: I needed a giggle..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7790170 03/30/20 05:00 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Well Mr Wrangler sir, if ya needed a giggle, why didn’t you just ask? up

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: I needed a giggle..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7790176 03/30/20 05:03 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Found it.

Around age 10 my dad got me one of those little badass compound bow beginner kits. Of course, the first month I went around our land sticking arrows in anything that could get stuck by an arrow. Did you know that a 1955 40 horse Farmall tractor tire will take 6 rounds before it goes down? Tough sumbich.

That got boring, so being the 10 yr. old Dukes of Hazard fan that I was, I quickly advanced to taking strips of cut up T-shirt doused in chainsaw gas tied around the end and was sending flaming arrows all over the place. One summer afternoon, I was shooting flaming arrows into a large rotten oak stump in our backyard. I looked over under the carport and see a shiny brand new can of starting fluid (Ether). The light bulb went off in my head. I grabbed the can and set it on the stump. I thought that it would probably just spray out in a disappointing manner. Lets face it, to a 10 yr old mouth-breather like myself, (Ether), really doesn't "sound" flammable. So, I went back into the house and got a 1 pound can of pyrodex (black powder for muzzle loader rifles).

At this point, I set the can of ether on the stump and opened up the can of black powder. My intentions were to sprinkle a little bit around the (Ether) can but it all sorta dumped out on me. No biggie, a 1 lb. pyrodex and 16 oz (Ether) should make a loud pop, kinda like a firecracker you know? You know what? Screw that I'm going back in the house for the other can.

Yes, I got a second can of pyrodex and dumped it too. Now we're cookin'.

I stepped back about 15 ft and lit the 2 stroke arrow. I drew the nock to my cheek and took aim. As I released I heard a clunk as the arrow launched from my bow. In a slow motion time frame, I turned to see my dad getting out of the truck... OH [censored]! He just got home from work. So help me God it took 10 minutes for that arrow to go from my bow to the can. My dad was walking towards me in slow motion with a WTF look in his eyes. I turned back towards my target just in time to see the arrow pierce the starting fluid can right at the bottom. Right through the main pile of pyrodex and into the can. Oh [censored].

When the shock wave hit it knocked me off my feet. I don't know if it was the actual compression wave that threw me back or just reflex jerk back from 235 fricking decibels of sound. I caught a half a millisecond glimpse of the violence during the initial explosion and I will tell you there was dust, grass, and bugs all hovering 1 ft above the ground as far as I could see. It was like a little low to the ground layer of dust fog full of grasshoppers, spiders, and a worm or two.

The daylight turned purple. Let me repeat this... THE FRICKING DAYLIGHT TURNED PURPLE.

There was a big sweetgum tree out by the gate going into the pasture. Notice I said "was". That son-of-a-bitch got up and ran off.

So here I am, on the ground blown completely out of my shoes with my thundercats T-Shirt shredded, my dad is on the other side of the carport having what I can only assume is a Vietnam flashback:

ECHO BRAVO CHARLIE YOU'RE BRINGIN' EM IN TOO CLOSE!! CEASE FIRE. DAMNIT CEASE FIRE!!!!!

His hat has blown off and is 30 ft behind him in the driveway. All windows on the north side of the house are blown out and there is a slow rolling mushroom cloud about 2000 ft. over our backyard. There is a Honda 185 3 wheeler parked on the other side of the yard and the fenders are drooped down and are now touching the tires..

I wish I knew what I said to my dad at this moment. I don't know - I know I said something. I couldn't hear. I couldn't hear inside my own head. I don't think he heard me either... not that it would really matter. I don't remember much from this point on. I said something, felt a sharp pain, and then woke up later. I felt a sharp pain, blacked out, woke later....repeat this process for an hour or so and you get the idea. I remember at one point my mom had to give me CPR. and Dad screaming "Bring him back to life so I can kill him again". Thanks Mom.

One thing is for sure... I never had to mow around that stump again, Mom had been bitching about that thing for years and dad never did anything about it. I stepped up to the plate and handled business.

Dad sold his muzzle loader a week later. I still have some sort of bone growth abnormality, either from the blast or the beating, or both.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, get your kids into archery. It's good discipline and will teach them skills they can use later on in life.

Re: I needed a giggle..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7790178 03/30/20 05:06 PM
janie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
roflmao

He is your friend defender your dog. Be worthy of such devotion

[Linked Image]
Re: I needed a giggle..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7790204 03/30/20 05:20 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Hadn’t seen that one ....thanks Sneaky... rofl

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: I needed a giggle..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7790234 03/30/20 05:41 PM
E
erathar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Nevermind. Found it.

Last edited by erathar; 03/30/20 05:48 PM.
Re: I needed a giggle..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7790238 03/30/20 05:43 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
rofl

Re: I needed a giggle..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7790243 03/30/20 05:44 PM
B
Big Fitz Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
rofl

Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
I was wrong...on anything technical.

Originally Posted by Sailor
Fitz............. is right, ya know............
Re: I needed a giggle..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7790257 03/30/20 05:53 PM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
rofl

[Linked Image]
Re: I needed a giggle..... [Re: SnakeWrangler] #7790328 03/30/20 06:50 PM
L
Lakhota Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L
Here is one from years ago from SniperRAB. I sure miss his stories

Reminds me years ago when everyone was gonna get rich off of Emus and it went south, a Buddy called me and said Hey..You ever eat Emu, no why..man it's awesome and a guy said we can have one we just need to go get it and we will split it..okay..I meet him and we end up driving to around Bob Sandlin (first flag) bang we pull up and there is the culprit in a pen, I said hey you sure this is the right place..oh yea, what do we do now..we rope it and cut its throat and I will process it (second flag) bang fast forward to two grown men that had something in a rope and a looked like a Benny Hill skit while it is literally trying to kill both of us !! My Buddy gets a Fritch Von Erich direct kick to the chest and hits the ground as I scramble to the truck and recover a Shotgun and give Ole JFK the Lee Harvey to the Head!! about that time a Sheriff car pulls up and I chit you not he looked like Buford T Puser ...I,m standing there holding a shotgun smoking, my Buddy is on the ground rolling around clutching his chest moaning and theres a Emu flopping spraying blood all over the place eeks333

I gently lay the weapon down and we stare at each other for what seemed like 5 mins and I went...Hey man... what's up, pretty azz day ain't it rofl

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide