Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Astros [Re: 68rustbucket] #7717048 01/14/20 02:28 AM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Hopefully the Rangers were able to order the camera in centerfield option in their new stadium.
someone needs a hurt feelings report

Re: Astros [Re: 68rustbucket] #7717057 01/14/20 02:34 AM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
:[/quote]

Not really, it’s just cheap entertainment to me. No life or death situation. [/quote]

Re: Astros [Re: Walkabout] #7717059 01/14/20 02:34 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Walkabout
Paalease have some cheese with that wine. This was the most ridiculous and farcical effort MLB ever started. Might be right up there with the DELTA HOUSE articles of impeachment. You do realize that “signs” aren’t even in the rule book. It’s a convenience for the catcher. But don’t worry, 30 days from now this will be a big SO WHAT. As a face saving result, MLB will double down on the RED SOX next; bigger market more press. You really can’t make this stuff up....or can you?

Sign stealing is not against the rules. Using electronic means to do so is against the rules. There are policies against it, and the commissioner issued a memo telling the league not to do it.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Astros [Re: Herbie Hancock] #7717064 01/14/20 02:38 AM
3kcattle Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
1. Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame!

2. Astros did not “cheat” their way to the World Series. They stole signs, hitters still had to hit pitch, knowing what was being thrown or not. Pitching and Defense still had to perform.

Re: Astros [Re: 3kcattle] #7717072 01/14/20 02:42 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted by 3kcattle

2. Astros did not “cheat” their way to the World Series. They stole signs, hitters still had to hit pitch, knowing what was being thrown or not. Pitching and Defense still had to perform.

No, they literally cheated their way to a WS

Look at the fines and suspensions MLB handed out

It can’t be made any more clear.

They absolutely cheated their way

Re: Astros [Re: Herbie Hancock] #7717100 01/14/20 03:03 AM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
Electronic means????? The ASTROS had an electronic plastic garbage can? Hell if they did.

Re: Astros [Re: GusWayne] #7717168 01/14/20 03:40 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by procraft05
Originally Posted by 3kcattle

No, they literally cheated their way to a WS

Look at the fines and suspensions MLB handed out

It can’t be made any more clear.

They absolutely cheated their way

Correct

[Linked Image]
Re: Astros [Re: Walkabout] #7717169 01/14/20 03:41 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Electronic means????? The ASTROS had an electronic plastic garbage can? Hell if they did.

Quit being obtuse.

[Linked Image]
Re: Astros [Re: Herbie Hancock] #7717199 01/14/20 04:12 AM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
LoL OK. Be that way.

Re: Astros [Re: Walkabout] #7717208 01/14/20 04:33 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
LoL OK. Be that way.

Realistic? You’re the one making stupid excuses for blatant cheating. “ThEy hAd EleCtronIc GargbAge CaNs?”

No, obviously not. They were hitting the garbage cans with something to denote what type of pitch was coming after using electronics to steal the sign. Either you don’t know anything about what they were doing, or you’re being obtuse. I’m not sure which is worse.

[Linked Image]
Re: Astros [Re: Herbie Hancock] #7717230 01/14/20 04:49 AM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
Oh maybe you mean the center field camera. OK sit down now this may sting a little.

“(The center field camera was primarily used for player development purposes and was allowed under MLB rules at the time when used for that purpose.)”

Seriously the report is public please don’t make me copy the whole thing. I swear if I didn’t know better it looks like Adam Schiff wrote the whole thing.

Re: Astros [Re: Walkabout] #7717239 01/14/20 05:01 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Oh maybe you mean the center field camera. OK sit down now this may sting a little.

“(The center field camera was primarily used for player development purposes and was allowed under MLB rules at the time when used for that purpose.)”

Seriously the report is public please don’t make me copy the whole thing. I swear if I didn’t know better it looks like Adam Schiff wrote the whole thing.

So, obtuse it is. Got it. “Primarily” isn’t doing as much work in that sentence as you claim it is. “Primarily, my car is used to get from point A to point B. I do not always use it to transport drugs, officer, so I clearly was not breaking the law.”

Literally from section one of Rob Manfred’s report, labeled Rules Violations:

At the beginning of the 2017 season, employees in the Astros’ video replay review room began using the live game feed from the center field camera to attempt to decode and transmit opposing teams’ sign sequences (i.e., which sign flashed by the catcher is the actual sign) for use when an Astros runner was on second base. Once the sign sequence was decoded, a player in the video replay review room would act as a “runner” to relay the information to the dugout, and a person in the dugout would notify the players in the dugout or signal the sign sequence to the runner on second base, who in turn would decipher the catcher’s sign and signal to the batter from second base. Early in the season, Alex Cora, the Astros’ Bench Coach, began to call the replay review room on the replay phone to obtain the sign information. On at least some occasions, the employees in the replay review room communicated the sign sequence information by text message, which was received on the smart watch of a staff member on the bench, or in other cases on a cell phone stored nearby. Approximately two months into the 2017 season, a group of players, including Carlos Beltrán, discussed that the team could improve on decoding opposing teams’ signs and communicating the signs to the batter. Cora arranged for a video room technician to install a monitor displaying the center field camera feed immediately outside of the Astros’ dugout. (The center field camera was primarily used for player development purposes and was allowed under MLB rules at the time when used for that purpose.) Witnesses have provided largely consistent accounts of how the monitor was utilized. One or more players watched the live feed of the center field camera on the monitor, and after decoding the sign, a player would bang a nearby trash can with a bat to communicate the upcoming pitch type to the batter. (Witnesses explained that they initially experimented with communicating sign information by clapping, whistling, or yelling, but that they eventually determined that banging a trash can was the preferred method of communication.) Players occasionally also used a massage gun to bang the trash can.

https://www.crawfishboxes.com/2020/...uston-astros-sign-stealing-investigation

Shall I copy the entire thing, or do you have enough from the first paragraph after the opening statement of the commissioner?

Just in case, from the same report, an excerpt from the commissioner’s letter to team earlier this last season:

At the outset, it is important to understand that the attempt to decode signs being used by an opposing catcher is not a violation of any Major League Baseball Rule or Regulation. Major League Baseball Regulations do, however, prohibit the use of electronic equipment during games and state that no such equipment “may be used for the purpose of stealing signs or conveying information designed to give a Club an advantage.” Despite this clear Regulation, the prevalence of technology, especially the technology used in the replay process, has made it increasingly difficult to monitor appropriate and inappropriate uses of electronic equipment. Based on the investigation by my office, I have nonetheless concluded that during the 2017 season the Boston Red Sox violated the Regulation quoted above by sending electronic communications from their video replay room to an athletic trainer in the dugout.

I hope you’re sitting down, and also learning to read.

[Linked Image]
Re: Astros [Re: Herbie Hancock] #7717248 01/14/20 05:10 AM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
OK I see your point. In addition the ASTROS will also be cited for ABUSE OF POWER and OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE WITHIN THE MLB.

Way past my bedtime I gotta go. I’ll just leave it right here but you can keep playing with it if you want to.

Re: Astros [Re: Walkabout] #7717260 01/14/20 05:28 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
OK I see your point. In addition the ASTROS will also be cited for ABUSE OF POWER and OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE WITHIN THE MLB.

Way past my bedtime I gotta go. I’ll just leave it right here but you can keep playing with it if you want to.

It’s definitely past your bed time, because that post made less sense than anything else you’ve posted in this thread. Good night.

[Linked Image]
Re: Astros [Re: Herbie Hancock] #7717313 01/14/20 11:09 AM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I think Rangers fans are most pissed that their team didn't think 9f it first.

The Astros have been whooping their butts for years.

This is a way for Rangers fans to explain all those whippings away and feel better about themselves.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Astros [Re: Herbie Hancock] #7717385 01/14/20 01:30 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
This post makes it clear. Houston area fans have the same amount of class as Boston area fans. Good stuff guys. Maybe Houston's full of Yankees. Who knows.

Re: Astros [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #7717387 01/14/20 01:31 PM
R
rjf1911 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
R
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

This is a way for Rangers fans to explain all those whippings away and feel better about themselves.

So...let’s look at that assertion that the Astros have been “whooping their butts for years”...

The Rangers are 115-90 against the Astros all-time....but let’s just look at the last decade....the Rangers are 87-64 versus the Astros.

As a Rangers fan, I feel pretty good about that.

Take out the cheating years and the record may have been better.

Re: Astros [Re: GusWayne] #7717423 01/14/20 02:00 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by procraft05
I bet that’s the biggest reason Nolan stepped away

He knew they were dirty

No it's because they demoted Reid and Crane put his son in that role.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Astros [Re: ducknbass] #7717438 01/14/20 02:07 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ducknbass
This post makes it clear. Houston area fans have the same amount of class as Boston area fans. Good stuff guys. Maybe Houston's full of Yankees. Who knows.

Defending the indefensible. Embarrassing by Astros fans.

[Linked Image]
Re: Astros [Re: rjf1911] #7717443 01/14/20 02:09 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by rjf1911
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

So...let’s look at that assertion that the Astros have been “whooping their butts for years”...

The Rangers are 115-90 against the Astros all-time....but let’s just look at the last decade....the Rangers are 87-64 versus the Astros.

As a Rangers fan, I feel pretty good about that.

Take out the cheating years and the record may have been better.

Stop with the facts! You are sucking all the fun out of this. roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Astros [Re: Judd] #7717444 01/14/20 02:09 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by Judd
The HOF is a JOKE as long as the guy with the most hits ever isn't in it...screw the HOF and screw the guys that don't vote him in. It's disgraceful!

I'm with Sapper.

Old baseball purist voter who was alive to vote Woodrow Wilson into office need to kicked off the voting committee. Plus the fact they have to have 5 guys or whatever it is every year to vote dilutes the HOF. Then also making a guy who is actually deserving of to get in has to wait a few extra years before they will vote for him is also a damn joke.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Astros [Re: Herbie Hancock] #7717489 01/14/20 02:45 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
The HOF is a JOKE as long as the guy with the most hits ever isn't in it...screw the HOF and screw the guys that don't vote him in. It's disgraceful!

I'm with Sapper.

Old baseball purist voter who was alive to vote Woodrow Wilson into office need to kicked off the voting committee. Plus the fact they have to have 5 guys or whatever it is every year to vote dilutes the HOF. Then also making a guy who is actually deserving of to get in has to wait a few extra years before they will vote for him is also a damn joke.

There is no worse group of sports people than the baseball writers association. It’s criminal they hold the keys to the hall of fame. It should be a museum and celebrate the game, good and bad. Instead, it serves the whims of 100 year old sanctimonious opinion writers.

[Linked Image]
Re: Astros [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7717544 01/14/20 03:23 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock

I'm with Sapper.

There is no worse group of sports people than the baseball writers association. It’s criminal they hold the keys to the hall of fame. It should be a museum and celebrate the game, good and bad. Instead, it serves the whims of 100 year old sanctimonious opinion writers, that were usually picked last if at all for any team sport.

FIFY
up

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Astros [Re: Herbie Hancock] #7717720 01/14/20 05:57 PM
D
dkershen Offline
Rev Dave
Rev Dave
D
Looking for more proof of the impact of this cheating? See this snippet from an article today by Tim Dahlberg of the AP (who went back and reviewed the games to freshen his perspective). His points below tell the story.

Watch the second inning of Game 3 once again and then decide. That’s when Darvish was touched up for four runs and the Astros took a 2-1 lead in the series.

It was almost as if the hitters knew what was coming — which, of course, they did.

If you’re still not convinced, Game 5 should be evidence enough. Like Game 3 it took place at Minute Maid Park, where the cameras were rolling, the dugout trash can was booming and the Astros bats were blazing.

All with arguably the best pitcher in baseball since the turn of the century on the mound for the Dodgers. Kershaw didn’t make it out of the fifth inning, surrendering six runs in a wild game that saw the Dodgers score a dozen times — and still lose.

Kershaw, Darvish and the rest of the Dodgers were called chokers. Manager Dave Roberts was taken to task on social media for not handling his pitchers properly.
. But the reality is they didn't have a chance.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Astros [Re: dkershen] #7717727 01/14/20 06:04 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by dkershen
Looking for more proof of the impact of this cheating? See this snippet from an article today by Tim Dahlberg of the AP (who went back and reviewed the games to freshen his perspective). His points below tell the story.

Watch the second inning of Game 3 once again and then decide. That’s when Darvish was touched up for four runs and the Astros took a 2-1 lead in the series.

It was almost as if the hitters knew what was coming — which, of course, they did.

If you’re still not convinced, Game 5 should be evidence enough. Like Game 3 it took place at Minute Maid Park, where the cameras were rolling, the dugout trash can was booming and the Astros bats were blazing.

All with arguably the best pitcher in baseball since the turn of the century on the mound for the Dodgers. Kershaw didn’t make it out of the fifth inning, surrendering six runs in a wild game that saw the Dodgers score a dozen times — and still lose.

Kershaw, Darvish and the rest of the Dodgers were called chokers. Manager Dave Roberts was taken to task on social media for not handling his pitchers properly.
. But the reality is they didn't have a chance.

YEAH!!! Now that's what I am talking about! One team wanted to win. roflmao

sorry Dave....

LETS GO BRANDON
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide