Forums46
Topics538,052
Posts9,732,399
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547120 07/02/19 11:37 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I have driven dfw in pickup and semi and would eat geckos by the dozen before I would try to exist in that jungle.

jmo (then again, I am pretty opinionated)

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547124 07/02/19 11:39 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
The average morning drive in Garland is 29.5 minutes. Fort Worth had the second-longest commute time, at 27.9 minutes, followed by Arlington and Houston at 27.3 minutes apiece. Plano has the fourth-worst commute at 26.8 minutes, followed by Dallas at 26.7 minutes, Irving at 26.1 minutes, and Austin at 24.8 minutes

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/...t-worth-cities-have-longest-commute.html

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547136 07/02/19 11:56 PM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Some of you guys need to get out from under your bridge a little more often... While I would agree Dallas proper is not a place you want to move to, with or without acreage, the metroplex in general wouldn't be such an in-demand place to move in to if didn't have alot to offer.

I mean c'mon we even had a sounder of hogs run through the Tom Thumb parking lot here in The Mound a few weeks ago.

Charlie

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547139 07/02/19 11:59 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I think it depends on how much money the company is going to pay your wife. Are you a “House Husband?” I’ve never had the luxury of deciding family business on my wife’s career. My main concern would be, how will the move benefit the income of my family. The pay would have to be damn good for me to consider a move to Dallas.

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547147 07/03/19 12:10 AM
R
Ranch Dawg Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Dallas is about 600-700 police officers short staffed. Crime rate is off the charts, black democrat D.A. that refuses to prosecute felons, black female democrat police chief that says the felons have no choice but to commit violent crimes because they are uneducated and they just got out of prison, just about every judge in the Dallas county courts are black democrats that are being lenient on the bad guys. You wanna live there and work there ? You feel safe for your wife to run around that city ? Dallas is the next Detroit.

THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER AND THE PARTY NEVER ENDS.

F##K YOU JOE BIDEN !!!!!
Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547160 07/03/19 12:18 AM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
But seriously, get a Keller's #5 and a cold beer. Legit.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547163 07/03/19 12:20 AM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
You will be closer to Norman. I’ll take you to an OU game. up

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: Ranch Dawg] #7547166 07/03/19 12:23 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Ranch Dawg
Dallas is about 600-700 police officers short staffed. Crime rate is off the charts, black democrat D.A. that refuses to prosecute felons, black female democrat police chief that says the felons have no choice but to commit violent crimes because they are uneducated and they just got out of prison, just about every judge in the Dallas county courts are black democrats that are being lenient on the bad guys. You wanna live there and work there ? You feel safe for your wife to run around that city ? Dallas is the next Detroit.

This quote sounds racist. Black people are much more sensitive to what is going on in society. They are also much smarter than white people and know how hard it is to get a job as a felon. I hope you are ashamed of your self on your hindrance of the progressive movement in Dallas. Give a democrat a chance, it’s not easy to transition from the pen with no education. Education is not offered freely to the incarcerated. Folks gotta do what folks gotta do.

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: Choctaw] #7547180 07/03/19 12:35 AM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Choctaw
You will be closer to Norman. I’ll take you to an OU game. up

Why do you hate him?

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547195 07/03/19 12:42 AM
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I already put a deposit down on an efficiency for us.

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547201 07/03/19 12:48 AM
B
blanked Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I live in the Houston area and drive thru Dallas twice a year on my way to Montana. Now granted when I head up to Montana going thru Dallas is always on a Friday night but it’s about 9 PM by then. Wholly cow that traffic is way worst than what I see in Houston. It’s like Los Angeles

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: CharlieCTx] #7547204 07/03/19 12:54 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by CharlieCTx
Some of you guys need to get out from under your bridge a little more often... While I would agree Dallas proper is not a place you want to move to, with or without acreage, the metroplex in general wouldn't be such an in-demand place to move in to if didn't have alot to offer.

I mean c'mon we even had a sounder of hogs run through the Tom Thumb parking lot here in The Mound a few weeks ago.

Charlie

I saw em too

[Linked Image]

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: scalebuster] #7547210 07/03/19 12:59 AM
B
blanked Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by scalebuster

This quote sounds racist. Black people are much more sensitive to what is going on in society. They are also much smarter than white people and know how hard it is to get a job as a felon. I hope you are ashamed of your self on your hindrance of the progressive movement in Dallas. Give a democrat a chance, it’s not easy to transition from the pen with no education. Education is not offered freely to the incarcerated. Folks gotta do what folks gotta do.

This is BS. Most blacks I know feel everyone owes them something. You said blacks are smarter than whites and then you refer to them being uneducated and being prison. Go live in a majority black neighborhood and tell me how smart they are. Tell me how much better your quality of life is
I worked with many blacks in Los Angeles. Many of them have had there family members killed in there black communities. A black coworker of mine was killed using an ATM. His wife wrote a letter afterwards to our department describing how 4 of his brothers were also killed in the same community. It goes on and on

Last edited by blanked; 07/03/19 01:07 AM.
Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547212 07/03/19 01:00 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
I forgot to mention her job would require a lot of running around Dallas and Fort Worth on a regular basis .

I wouldn’t do it even with a toll tag and only driving during that “3-10 window” mentioned above, which I’m not sure is going to prove as nice of a window as you think.

I’m not trying to deter you too much, because I don’t know you or your wife, but it would have to be a pretty special job for me to consider this and move from San Antonio to Dallas, especially if you’re happy in San Antonio.

I hate Dallas, love Fort Worth. You’d have a better chance of finding what you want if this was all in Fort Worth (more land to the west that would provide a better commute, I think) but I don’t think it would work out finding a 50 acre spread and having an easy commute for her in Dallas.

I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547217 07/03/19 01:07 AM
L
LeonCarr Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Fort Worth and Dallas are so different that you should have to have a passport to cross from Tarrant County to Dallas County.

Tell your wife to take the job if the money is right. You do not have to live in the city limits of Dallas to work in Dallas.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher
Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547218 07/03/19 01:08 AM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Move to Dallas only if you're fine with them using your tax dollars to remove monuments in the middle of the night.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547219 07/03/19 01:11 AM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Dallas is fine......we are on the east side of the county.
I spent 20 years commuting diagonally across Dallas. Took about 45 minutes. I would live here over any other big city in Texas.

Make America Great Again

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: blanked] #7547222 07/03/19 01:14 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by blanked
I live in the Houston area and drive thru Dallas twice a year on my way to Montana. Now granted when I head up to Montana going thru Dallas is always on a Friday night but it’s about 9 PM by then. Wholly cow that traffic is way worst than what I see in Houston. It’s like Los Angeles

Blanked what are you smoking confused2 I have lived in Dallas most of my life and yes traffic sucks. I lived in Houston twice and there is no city in Texas thats traffic is worst or more dysfunctional drivers than Houston, Austin is right behind them.

Dallas like any big city is not a good place for a country boy to live, but if you have to live in a big city and if we are talking Texas, Dallas is better than Houston, San Antonio or Austin.

Having said all of that if Fort Worth is close enough that is where I would plant my azz,

Good luck up

texas flag

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547228 07/03/19 01:21 AM
B
blanked Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I live in Conroe and work in deer park. I leave work at 9PM on a Friday and it’s wide open. I am comparing apples to apples. Dallas way worst

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: blanked] #7547238 07/03/19 01:30 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by blanked

This is BS. Most blacks I know feel everyone owes them something. You said blacks are smarter than whites and then you refer to them being uneducated and being prison. Go live in a majority black neighborhood and tell me how smart they are. Tell me how much better your quality of life is
I worked with many blacks in Los Angeles. Many of them have had there family members killed in there black communities. A black coworker of mine was killed using an ATM. His wife wrote a letter afterwards to our department describing how 4 of his brothers were also killed in the same community. It goes on and on

You are obviously not as sensitive as I am. It’s sad that your time in Los Angeles didn’t program you to consider the feelings of black America. The more intelligent liberal Americans would understand that whoever killed your coworker at the ATM was probably disenfranchised, possibly even incarcerated at one time, and needed that $20 more than the coworker needed his life. Have some feelings man!

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547259 07/03/19 02:05 AM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
stir

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547269 07/03/19 02:13 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
We can't even agree on beans or no beans around here... I would never take anyone too serious on here since that was the way their mama raised them and I don't know their mama! up

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: Txduckman] #7547280 07/03/19 02:25 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Txduckman
We can't even agree on beans or no beans around here... I would never take anyone too serious on here since that was the way their mama raised them and I don't know their mama! up

As a kid, long, long time ago, i was picking cotton with a lil black dude. I felt bad for him.

Last edited by beaversnipe; 07/03/19 02:26 AM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7547295 07/03/19 02:36 AM
C
ChrisB Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
But seriously, get a Keller's #5 and a cold beer. Legit.

And a sixer to go.

Re: What do y'all think about moving to Dallas? [Re: S.A. hunter] #7547334 07/03/19 03:25 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Fort Worth... hammer And the most anti-gun, democrat loving atheist family member and wife and kid lives in Fort Worth. And very successful as well. Killed plenty of doves with him too. They live everywhere now. Don't kid yourself. They are moving from their Fort Worth neighorhood due to the crime. House worth $550K now but in a bad area... I just roll my eyes.

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article...287-3089ec15-91d7-4924-9396-2abdb7ee8a84

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide