Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
KETO? #7426166 02/06/19 04:33 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
any of you all with eating disorders like me try the KETO diet?

I did one a long time ago, it worked. You pee on a strip, if it turns purple you are burning fat like crazy.

I did it again and put the 60lbs I took off last year back on binge eating over the winter, so I started again Monday, salads everyday.

Trying to get into a shrink but Medicare doesn't cover. They think old people are beyond help crying

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7426180 02/06/19 04:46 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Been keto for almost 3 years now, off my blood pressure meds and have more energy than I can ever remember having. I have a cheat day once a month, where I can eat anything I want all day. Our bodies don't need a external source of carbs, carbs don't do anything beneficial to our bodies.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7426427 02/06/19 08:35 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Hello Helo! Haven't seen you around in years. Glad to know you're still alive and kicking.

Buzz, my weight loss doc put me on a version of Keto to treat my diabetes. Man, it works. Like Helo, i've come off virtually a dozen meds I was on. Like you, I really struggle with controlling my appetite. I haven't come to completely trust the fat % they talk about on the diet so I'm more of a low/no carb and all the green, healthy, vegetables I want diet. I am in keto almost all the time and have never felt better.

Searching the world over for the perfect Chile Relleno.
Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7426488 02/06/19 09:40 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Great news!! What are your "go to" foods? I'm not a cook, so i'm not a big recipe guy. I love to grill !!!!!

Normal days eating?

Cheat on Saturdays with a few Vodka, soda's?

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7426508 02/06/19 09:57 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
We have stopped eating out almost completely. Or, compared to what we once did. I'll do a whataburger lettuce wrapped burger when on the road and in a pinch.

My daily diet goes something like this:

1. Intermittent fasting - I eat two meals a day. Lunch and Supper at around 12 and 5:50 to 6. This gets me 18 hours between meals.

Lunch is good protein, like a steak, fish, or chicken breast. I grill most of it in a cast iron skillet with very little olive oil, or organic grassfed butter. My side will be Asparagus, Broccoli, Spinach, or cabbage. Sometimes I'll binge on some brussel sprouts. If i'm really hungry I'll slice up some cucumbers and onions. I dress them with vinegar or lemon juice.

Dinner, much the same as lunch, but I add a pound of spinach, 2 cucumbers, some lemon juice, and 20 grams of vegan protein powder, a cup of ice, to the vita mix blender and have a shake.

When I need a snack I eat pumpkin seeds, almonds, pecans, or walnuts. I salt everything heavy with Himalayan pink salt. I also take a bunch of ID life supplements to get the pre and pro biotics covered in my gut. Yes, who knows if it is voodoo or not? But, I'm not taking a dozen meds and am feeling better than I have in years.

Also, when I get hungry, I try and drink a bunch of water and walk. I do a gallon or so a day plus am up to 4 to 8 miles a day.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7426512 02/06/19 10:00 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Man thats Great HOF. I can do this

oh,

how about the alkyhol, do you partake at all?

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7426523 02/06/19 10:13 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
You're gonna hate it, but I took a break four or five months ago. Vodka can work as a no carb no sugar adult beverage, but it does take you out of keto.

On true keto, the bright side is you get to eat bacon, avacados, real butter, and stuffed jalapeno peppers. You also get to eat lots of bbq, just keep the sugar free rubs and kick the sweet sauces. I miss tortilla chips and salsa the most.

I do eat a lot of peppers.

Full disclosure, we still eat out Mexican at least once a month and I'll eat a basket of chips with their hottest salsa. Life has to be worth livin....

Re: KETO? [Re: HOF] #7426591 02/06/19 11:26 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by HOF
Hello Helo! Haven't seen you around in years. Glad to know you're still alive and kicking.

Buzz, my weight loss doc put me on a version of Keto to treat my diabetes. Man, it works. Like Helo, i've come off virtually a dozen meds I was on. Like you, I really struggle with controlling my appetite. I haven't come to completely trust the fat % they talk about on the diet so I'm more of a low/no carb and all the green, healthy, vegetables I want diet. I am in keto almost all the time and have never felt better.

Doing great man, glad to see you still here. My wife has a facebook group for healthy stuff, got tons of keto recipies if you are interested. I had cheese cake the other day, and peanut butter cookies. All low carb, and they are awesome.

Re: KETO? [Re: HOF] #7426594 02/06/19 11:28 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by HOF
You're gonna hate it, but I took a break four or five months ago. Vodka can work as a no carb no sugar adult beverage, but it does take you out of keto.

On true keto, the bright side is you get to eat bacon, avacados, real butter, and stuffed jalapeno peppers. You also get to eat lots of bbq, just keep the sugar free rubs and kick the sweet sauces. I miss tortilla chips and salsa the most.

Full disclosure, we still eat out Mexican at least once a month and I'll eat a basket of chips with their hottest salsa. Life has to be worth livin....

Put butter on everything. I love butter.

Why do you say vodka will knock you out of keto. I have never read or heard that before. As long as it is not a flavored vodka, you should be fine. At least I though.

If anyone is interested you can join my wife's facebook group. If we tried the recipe, we will have said if we liked it or not. Just let me know you are from THF and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BodiesRUs/

Last edited by helomech; 02/06/19 11:29 PM.
Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7426866 02/07/19 05:22 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I have been doing it a month and love it so far but I like to cook. And I love bacon. Crazy but it works! I eat more veggies now since I am not filling up on carbs and spending time cooking potatos and rice and stuff. Replace all chips with pork rinds. They make tasty ones now. I even smashed pork rinds and pan fried chicken with them. Dang good.

Breakfast I have 2 pieces of bacon, fried egg, mushrooms, onions, avacado and cream cheese all mixed together.

Lunch is meat of some kind, spinach or veggies and cheese and butter or sour cream.

Dinner is usually a good keto recipe I google that makes several meals.. Lots of mushrooms and veggies like cauliflower and brocolli or asparagus.

If I go out get salmon and veggies or salad with meat and cheese and dressing.

Snacks I eat nuts and deer jerky and venison sticks.

For drinking, vodka, club soda or diet Sprite and a lime. U can have some wine but not 1 or 2 bottles. Or beer but only low carb and 1 or 2 max. I drink powerade zero to replace electrolytes as you can get dehydrated easier.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7427117 02/07/19 04:22 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Thanks Guys for the info,

i did the Adkins back in the day, it does work

i'm having my 5 year colonoscopy next week, Dr. turned me on to a monthly support group dealing with CBE and gastric surgery's, good amd why some fail (operator error. peep"

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7427605 02/08/19 01:42 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
If you drink a lot of alcohol, you will definitely binge eat no matter what you do.

Just had about 6 oz of seasoned chicken breat sauteed in pan I just cooked some bacon in. Throw in mushrooms and green onions and crumbled a piece of bacon up. Put on paper towel to soak up grease. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and served with fresh brocolli and butter. Kids had pan fried chicken strips topped with lemon butter and pasta.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7427624 02/08/19 02:02 AM
L
leswad Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
I lost so much weight I had to get out of keratosis. I recommend watching the Magic Pill on Netflix.

[Linked Image]

FJB
Re: KETO? [Re: Txduckman] #7427629 02/08/19 02:09 AM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Txduckman
If you drink a lot of alcohol, you will definitely binge eat no matter what you do.

Just had about 6 oz of seasoned chicken breat sauteed in pan I just cooked some bacon in. Throw in mushrooms and green onions and crumbled a piece of bacon up. Put on paper towel to soak up grease. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and served with fresh brocolli and butter. Kids had pan fried chicken strips topped with lemon butter and pasta.

true

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: leswad] #7427632 02/08/19 02:10 AM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by leswad
I lost so much weight I had to get out of keratosis. I recommend watching the Magic Pill on Netflix.

congrats and ill check it out

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7427958 02/08/19 03:23 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
I watched a bunch of YouTube vids on KETO last night.

More to it than I thought. You cant eat TOO much protein, so not that much meat, FAT yes, but not that much protein.

Lots of expensive items, CMT oil, Ghee, etc.

Colonoscopy next Thursday, I may give it a shot then.

I started my Phentermine and salad diet Monday, I was 301lbs, this morning, I was 291lbs. I'm sure most of it was water.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7428041 02/08/19 04:38 PM
H
huck18 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

More to it than I thought. You cant eat TOO much protein, so not that much meat, FAT yes, but not that much protein.

I started my Phentermine and salad diet Monday, I was 301lbs, this morning, I was 291lbs. I'm sure most of it was water.

It works. Don't worry about eating too much protein. It's almost impossible as you will be satiated before that happens. You really only need the MCT oil when you first start just to get your body trained to using fats for fuel rather than carbs.

I would regularly eat three steaks, bacon, beef jerky, etc.. and still be in ketosis. The whole eating too much protein is pretty much BS. But you do want to flood your body with healthy fats (MCT Oil, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, meat fats, some nuts, etc...) to get it to learn how to use them.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7428088 02/08/19 05:17 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
If you eat to much protein your body will convert that protein to carbs and it will knock you out of keto. I weight 170, and keep my protein less than 200. If I am hungry I eat fats

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7428151 02/08/19 06:21 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker

Phentremine does it for me. However, it loses it's effect after about 45 to 60 days and I have to switch to something else. It really does knock my appetite and give me a boost. Make sure to take some B vitamins to keep you from getting jittery.

Re: KETO? [Re: HOF] #7428253 02/08/19 07:40 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by HOF

Phentremine does it for me. However, it loses it's effect after about 45 to 60 days and I have to switch to something else. It really does knock my appetite and give me a boost. Make sure to take some B vitamins to keep you from getting jittery.

You are so right, my Doc only gives it to me for a month, checks blood work, wait a few weeks and go again.

So if you grill chicken thighs with skin (he77 yea) how many can you eat? I love vegetables, especially sauteed in ghee, pink Himalayan salt. Grilled cabbage brussle's, asparagas !!!

have ya'll tried the Bulletproof Coffee? seems like allot of trouble. Got to have my coffee, so a couple tablespoons of heavy whipping cream ok? not a black coffee drinker, but if i did, i would drink less coffee...

They say you can eat eggs till the chicken cant lay anymore.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: helomech] #7428347 02/08/19 08:40 PM
H
huck18 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted by helomech
If you eat to much protein your body will convert that protein to carbs and it will knock you out of keto. I weight 170, and keep my protein less than 200. If I am hungry I eat fats

In theory, but I've tried it and it's pretty much impossible. Unless you eat enough to meet to make you feel miserable. I was using a blood meter to test my ketone levels on a daily basis.

The pee strips only work at first before your body is fat adapted. Once your body is fat adapted it doesn't piss out the ketones it uses them for fuel. The pee strips just let you know your body is producing a lot of ketones before it gets fat adapted and starts using them.

Re: KETO? [Re: huck18] #7428387 02/08/19 09:02 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by huck18

In theory, but I've tried it and it's pretty much impossible. Unless you eat enough to meet to make you feel miserable. I was using a blood meter to test my ketone levels on a daily basis.

The pee strips only work at first before your body is fat adapted. Once your body is fat adapted it doesn't piss out the ketones it uses them for fuel. The pee strips just let you know your body is producing a lot of ketones before it gets fat adapted and starts using them.

It happens often, especially those that work out a lot. I work out 3 hours a day at the gym, and 9 hours of martial arts a month, so I eat a lot. I can easily knock myself out. Been doing this 3 years now. Like you said keto strips don't work for me, I also test blood. My wife bought us each a meter.

Re: KETO? [Re: helomech] #7428956 02/09/19 03:29 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Wife and I both did the Keto and was hitting the gym and the weights pretty hard then I blew out an elbow doing bench presses and abdominal muscles doing squats. My goal on bench press was 250 but I didn't make it, I did hit 235. The abdominal still haven't healed but I think it's time to get back in the game and give up the squats. I just submitted a request to join your Facebook page. I've set up the shop out back with some pretty good equipment so we've dropped the gym membership, now just need a reason to get out there and go to work.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7429068 02/09/19 05:09 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Dang Mike. Sorry to hear that happened. I am not trying for max weights. I am a 2nd degree black belt in Shorin Ryu, so I am working more on speed and just getting stronger, no weight goal.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7429995 02/10/19 06:42 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
ya'll keep up with any numbers; calories, fat grams or just know what works from doin it?

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7430590 02/11/19 05:09 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Nah, I don't keep up with anything. Just keep portions normal. Just make sure carbs are below 20-25 a day. Lunch tomorrow is already packed for work. Baby spinach and mushrooms, 6 oz of salmon topped with mayo, dill, and parmesan cheese.

Re: KETO? [Re: Txduckman] #7431019 02/11/19 05:47 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Txduckman
Nah, I don't keep up with anything. Just keep portions normal. Just make sure carbs are below 20-25 a day. Lunch tomorrow is already packed for work. Baby spinach and mushrooms, 6 oz of salmon topped with mayo, dill, and parmesan cheese.

Fairly close to what I do. I watch the carbs like a hawk and keep them very, very, low. 20 or much less if possible. I eat more meat and as much green leafy or broccoli veggies as I want. A little cheese here and there. The diet is adequate. But I don't enjoy what I eat anymore. I've also been on it long enough that I don't hate it. It just is what it is. The health benefits for me have been substantial.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7431152 02/11/19 07:54 PM
P
PKnTX Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
My wife follows a similar one called Code Red by a former women boxer Christy Nickel.
She has done great, loosing quite a bit of weight and trimming down so I started a "not exact"
version of my own and while the weight loss isn't as dramatic (10 lbs since Jan 1) I already
feel a great deal better and get around much better. Main difference is putting as much emphasis
on the amount of water you drink and getting the sleep you need. Like said, I'm not a full blown
follower but I might have to come around if I want to keep making progress.

And oh yeah, I MISS CAKE, COOKIES AND PASTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: KETO? [Re: PKnTX] #7431291 02/11/19 10:05 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by PKnTX
My wife follows a similar one called Code Red by a former women boxer Christy Nickel.
She has done great, loosing quite a bit of weight and trimming down so I started a "not exact"
version of my own and while the weight loss isn't as dramatic (10 lbs since Jan 1) I already
feel a great deal better and get around much better. Main difference is putting as much emphasis
on the amount of water you drink and getting the sleep you need. Like said, I'm not a full blown
follower but I might have to come around if I want to keep making progress.

And oh yeah, I MISS CAKE, COOKIES AND PASTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are lots of low carb options for cookies and pasta. Wife made a low carb lasagna that was awesome.

Re: KETO? [Re: helomech] #7431788 02/12/19 01:11 PM
P
PKnTX Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Yeah my wife is coming up with some good recipes too,
I just have to get my mind right with the alternative ingredients.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7431816 02/12/19 01:34 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
good luck PK !!!

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7432090 02/12/19 06:01 PM
P
PKnTX Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Thanks Buzz. Good luck to you!

Even the Not Exact version is not easy. From where I'm working to where I'm staying
it's not far out of the way to the very best fried catfish and hushpuppies in the world.
The struggle is real.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7432163 02/12/19 07:00 PM
J
JESmith Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Been on the diet three years now. Ramblings of mine in no particular order....

Alcohol - stick with lo-carb booze only. Vodka and tequila are OK on occasion. A skinny margarita made with fresh lime juice, no triple sec, and a dash of stevia is drinkable.

Bullet-proof coffee. I make a version with a slug of heavy whipping cream, a dash of MCT oil, and a dropper of cinnamon. (I buy the liquid from Whole Foods, works better than the powder)

Don't overdue the fat. I started it about three years ago and my cholesterol went thru the roof. I cut way back on the pork and it stabilized. I had to give up pork rinds and switch to turkey bacon (that was hard to do.) I also switched to avocado oil. It has a higher cooking temp so I use less. I also think it tastes better than olive oil or some of the other combinations.

Ditch the diet soda altogether. I found that it just made me crave sweets and want to cheat. Also the stuff is really bad for you. Go to one of the more natural sugars. I like monk-fruit based sugars.

Be really careful with the protein drinks. Many of them are full of sugar and calories. Unless they say they are specifically for Keto (like Myoplex or Pruvit) don't drink em.

Exercise is your friend and savior. The only way to lose weight is by MALNUTRITION. You must consume less calories in a day than you burn PERIOD. No diet in the world will get you around this fact. Want to eat more? Want to cheat on occasion? Exercise, Exercise, Exercise.

Take your vitamins. This diet, plus your gastric bypass, will deplete you of certain vitamins and minerals. This will screw you up. Get regular blood tests, find a doc that has a GOOD nutritionist to help you. (Docs don't know this stuff). Things you will definitely need to take - Multivitamin, iron, vitamin C, B, Biotin, and collagen. (you will need this for your joints- old age sucks)

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7433348 02/13/19 09:53 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
If I can't have biscuits and gravy, I can't do it.

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: KETO? [Re: JESmith] #7440280 02/21/19 01:10 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by JESmith
Been on the diet three years now. Ramblings of mine in no particular order....

Alcohol - stick with lo-carb booze only. Vodka and tequila are OK on occasion. A skinny margarita made with fresh lime juice, no triple sec, and a dash of stevia is drinkable.

Bullet-proof coffee. I make a version with a slug of heavy whipping cream, a dash of MCT oil, and a dropper of cinnamon. (I buy the liquid from Whole Foods, works better than the powder)

Don't overdue the fat. I started it about three years ago and my cholesterol went thru the roof. I cut way back on the pork and it stabilized. I had to give up pork rinds and switch to turkey bacon (that was hard to do.) I also switched to avocado oil. It has a higher cooking temp so I use less. I also think it tastes better than olive oil or some of the other combinations.

Ditch the diet soda altogether. I found that it just made me crave sweets and want to cheat. Also the stuff is really bad for you. Go to one of the more natural sugars. I like monk-fruit based sugars.

Be really careful with the protein drinks. Many of them are full of sugar and calories. Unless they say they are specifically for Keto (like Myoplex or Pruvit) don't drink em.

Exercise is your friend and savior. The only way to lose weight is by MALNUTRITION. You must consume less calories in a day than you burn PERIOD. No diet in the world will get you around this fact. Want to eat more? Want to cheat on occasion? Exercise, Exercise, Exercise.

Take your vitamins. This diet, plus your gastric bypass, will deplete you of certain vitamins and minerals. This will screw you up. Get regular blood tests, find a doc that has a GOOD nutritionist to help you. (Docs don't know this stuff). Things you will definitely need to take - Multivitamin, iron, vitamin C, B, Biotin, and collagen. (you will need this for your joints- old age sucks)

Great suggestions, I walk half mile a day, doctor says to make it a mile, Sugar is a killer drug, its a strong addiction.

So far I've fought it off, I do get cravings for it, its amazing how you notice ALL the food commercials on TV.

I weigh in tomorrow, I'll report back, think Ive lost quite a bit the last 3 weeks, mostly water I'm sure.

Last edited by Buzzsaw; 02/21/19 01:11 PM.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7441347 02/22/19 02:42 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Lost 19 pounds in three weeks of eating a salad with dressing, celery sticks for snacks. 301 to 282lbs

Going full Keto starting now scared

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7441359 02/22/19 02:54 PM
J
JESmith Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Buzz - that is great! Keep it up. banana2

Re: KETO? [Re: JESmith] #7442195 02/23/19 01:39 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by JESmith
Buzz - that is great! Keep it up. banana2

Keep on walking and guarding what you allow in your mouth. You got this.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7443284 02/25/19 01:28 AM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
so, like right now, I'm still hungry after a couple picnic ribs I grilled last night and some asparagus.

what do ya'll snack on? everything has so many calories

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7443302 02/25/19 01:38 AM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
I don't worry about calories, but I am very active. I workout 2-3 hours a day 6 days a week, and do martial arts 3 times a week for 3 hours each day. I snack on mixed nuts mostly. But the wife is making a low carb cake right now. Can't wait to try it. The batter is awesome.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7443316 02/25/19 01:52 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I snack on deer jerky, hunter sticks, nuts, pork rinds. But if you are active and doing stuff, you won't think about it. If you had 12 Tito's last night, good luck...

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7443620 02/25/19 02:21 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
so, like right now, I'm still hungry after a couple picnic ribs I grilled last night and some asparagus.

what do ya'll snack on? everything has so many calories

Buzz, my appetite is my worst enemy. Here's what I do, and some days I win, some days I lose.

1. Drink some Braggs apple cider vinegar. I mix a tablespoon or 2 in an 8 oz glass of water. Wait 15 minutes after drinking before eating anything.
2. Keep celery sticks cut-up in the fridge along with some almond butter made in the store (like HEB). I use a whole lot of Himalayan Pink salt (Dieting on this diet makes me crave salt and the pink stuff is supposed to be good for us)
3. Cucumbers sliced up with onions and covered in lemon juice with, you guessed it, salt.
4. Protein shake. I use a protein w//140 calories, zero sugar, and net 1 carb.
5. Or, I live on Bucees turkey jerky.

But more importantly, just get up and walk a mile. It's amazing how just walking and drinking water will make the cravings go away. Sitting down to watch television is a huge trigger for me to snack.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7443968 02/25/19 08:58 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
thanks HOF, i got some of that vinegar, i put a table spoon +1/2 tbsp in an 8 oz glass, squirt some "Mio"concentrated drink mix in it then fill with cold water, Awesome little, tangy, drink.
got some celery sticks.
Tonight roasted Brussels sprouts and cauliflower..

I did have 4 Tito's and soda with lime Friday, not much taste buy got what I wanted, so, I bought a flask and a jigger, so i can make them at the pool this summer.

Indoor pool is back open now, so I will go there and walk in the water pushing a foam "Noodle" really puts a strain on your gore. Then I put on those fitness fins and lay backwards on a boogie board and swim laps, great exercise.

Gotta get sexy, firs big party of the year is next Tuesday, Mardi Gras, there will be a DJ, and food. This will be a test of will power!!

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7444086 02/25/19 11:25 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Buzz, swimming is great exercise for "come backs" with us old codgers. I must admit I did 5 of the "Tito" drinks myself on Saturday night. The wife and I were at a dancing event and I'd rather sit and drink than dance. The whole weekend made my weight jump 7lbs.. That was a real kick in the gut, but it was self inflicted. It will take all week to undo what was done. Oh well, that's life.

Hey man, keep up the good fight. You are headed in the right direction.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7444386 02/26/19 03:38 AM
L
leswad Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
Here is a bun that actually tastes pretty damn good! Expensive but worth it:

https://www.amazon.com/Gluten-sugar...amp;s=gateway&sr=8-4&tag=mh0b-20

[Linked Image]

FJB
Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7444398 02/26/19 03:57 AM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
We just make all our own keto bread.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7444438 02/26/19 04:57 AM
P
PKnTX Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Processed grain, don't eat it.
Sugar, don't eat it.
If it comes in a box, don't. eat it.

Allow yourself to ignore your personal food rules occasionally.

I believe sugar to be the worst but everyone needs to know themselves.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7444609 02/26/19 03:27 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
agree with all above !!!

I've been putting CMT oil in my coffee , it tastes great, kind of nutty but it upsets my tender tummy. I should probably cut down on the amount and spreading it out through the day

Got a nice ripe avocado waiting for lunch

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7444742 02/26/19 05:36 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
agree with all above !!!

I've been putting CMT oil in my coffee , it tastes great, kind of nutty but it upsets my tender tummy. I should probably cut down on the amount and spreading it out through the day

Got a nice ripe avocado waiting for lunch

Yes start very light with MCT oil. If not stay close to the bathroom. Your body will get used to it, but start way below the recommended serving amout.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7447562 03/01/19 04:13 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Down 24lbs, 301-277

I dont think I'm eating enough, feel weak and get a little dizzy. I may not take my BP pill tomorrow, see if this helps.

What do I need, more protein? I ordered some expensive sardines and KETO beef Jerky yesterday.

Tomorrow at the rifle match, I have some KETO bars and they are supposed to cook a bunch of meat.

Sunday, going to a birthday party, catered by Slow Bone BBQ, I'll eat meat only.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7447622 03/01/19 05:16 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Down 24lbs, 301-277

I dont think I'm eating enough, feel weak and get a little dizzy. I may not take my BP pill tomorrow, see if this helps.

What do I need, more protein? I ordered some expensive sardines and KETO beef Jerky yesterday.

Tomorrow at the rifle match, I have some KETO bars and they are supposed to cook a bunch of meat.
Sunday, going to a birthday party, catered by Slow Bone BBQ, I'll eat meat only.

First are you getting enough water, and enough salt? Those are usually the issue. Did you break keto, and get back in? If so some call it the keto flu for a few days. How much protein are you getting? Should get at least one gram per lb of body weight. I eat more because I work out a lot.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7447659 03/01/19 06:04 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
I think not enough protein. I just had 3 fried eggs in Ghee. I think I like the real grass fed butter better than Ghee. I do need to drink more aqua, thanks

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7447667 03/01/19 06:14 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Great work. Re the weakness, you don't happen to be checking your blood sugar levels are you? This diet is almost guaranteed to drop your blood sugar levels. I also echo everything Helo is saying. I crave the pink Himalayan salt. That stuff is great. Clean protein is also important. If you're a diabetic like me, it's a balancing act. Too much protein and it converts to sugar in the absence of carbs. Our bodies are complex and what works for one may be different in someone else. From this point on I recommend making adjustments one thing at a time to see what kind of results you get. This year has been a real eye opener for me.

Keep it up, great to hear the reports.

Re: KETO? [Re: HOF] #7447674 03/01/19 06:21 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
cheers Well said

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7447676 03/01/19 06:22 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
I think not enough protein. I just had 3 fried eggs in Ghee. I think I like the real grass fed butter better than Ghee. I do need to drink more aqua, thanks

How much protein are you getting? I don't know how active you are, but if you are not very active, then you won't need much protein.

Re: KETO? [Re: helomech] #7447726 03/01/19 07:32 PM
Exbellicus Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
How much protein are you getting? I don't know how active you are, but if you are not very active, then you won't need much protein.

Haha did a vegan tell you that?

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7447733 03/01/19 07:40 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
my keto stix show "moderate" ketosis. im not real active, so ive been eating mostly sauteed/roasted veggies. celery sticks, morning coffee with MCT and heavy cream, oh yea, i had some bacon bits to curb a craving. nighttime is the worst.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Exbellicus] #7447761 03/01/19 08:21 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Exbellicus

Seriously? How much protein do you think a non active person should get? Even someone that works out should not get more than 2 per lb of body weight. I am extremely active, about 24 hours a week at the gym lifting weights, 9 hours a week martial arts, and I am on my feet working the rest of the time. I never go over 1.5 grams per pound of body weight. So I get about 262 grams of protein a day. If you have so much wisdom, please tell us.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7447764 03/01/19 08:24 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
my keto stix show "moderate" ketosis. im not real active, so ive been eating mostly sauteed/roasted veggies. celery sticks, morning coffee with MCT and heavy cream, oh yea, i had some bacon bits to curb a craving. nighttime is the worst.

Yes nighttime is the worse. I don't get hungry as long as I am doing something, but if I sit for more than about 20 minutes I start to get hungry. I make my own bacon bits, I buy 6 lbs of bacon at a time and slice it up and cook it all at once. When I want bacon I just take out 40-50 grams and throw it in my eggs, salad, or what ever. Tastes way better than the store bought bacon bits. I eat fat bombs for snacks, my favorite is the peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough fat bombs.

Re: KETO? [Re: helomech] #7447785 03/01/19 08:48 PM
Exbellicus Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker

Seriously? How much protein do you think a non active person should get? Even someone that works out should not get more than 2 per lb of body weight. I am extremely active, about 24 hours a week at the gym lifting weights, 9 hours a week martial arts, and I am on my feet working the rest of the time. I never go over 1.5 grams per pound of body weight. So I get about 262 grams of protein a day. If you have so much wisdom, please tell us.

262 grams of protein is heaps more than most people eat. I interpreted 'not much' as something like 40 grams, which is what the major vegan sources tell starving women. If I misinterpreted your 'not much,' then my bad.

Re: KETO? [Re: Exbellicus] #7447810 03/01/19 09:30 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H

262 grams of protein is heaps more than most people eat. I interpreted 'not much' as something like 40 grams, which is what the major vegan sources tell starving women. If I misinterpreted your 'not much,' then my bad.

I don't recommend that much to most people. About 1 gram per pound for the average person, for someone that doesn't move around much, I would say about .7 per lb of body weight. Everyone is different, but that is a general rule. It is easy to eat a lot of protein on a keto diet. I eat 7 eggs, a pat of butter and 5 slices of bacon every morning, fat bombs for snacks and 12 -14 oz of meat for supper. Always wild game, or the chickens I raise. Lots of nuts for snacks also.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7447918 03/02/19 12:51 AM
Exbellicus Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Yeah I don't run keto but during bulking cycles I'll end up with 250-300 of protein as well

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7448200 03/02/19 04:12 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
24 pounds is great buzz.

Have you taken you BP when you feel weak? With the weight loss you may not need the same dosage. Check it and maybe call the Dr for adjustments.

Keep on keeping on.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7448764 03/03/19 05:45 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
thanks guys!

helomech, there a bunch of folks saying great things about you yesterday at the shooting match!

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7448782 03/03/19 06:08 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Low carb French toast. I ate just over half of this, and it was 22 total carbs. 16 net.

Made the bread, and cooked it in microwave.
[Linked Image]

Got to have syrup.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by helomech; 03/03/19 06:10 PM.
Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7449038 03/04/19 01:18 AM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
And for our desert after supper we had low carb cinnamon rolls. They came out really good.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7453538 03/08/19 02:20 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
I only lost 1 pound this week. I think its cuz I overdosed on protein, Sunday -last night, BBQ brisket, sausage, leftovers, last night 3 beed ribs, oven roasted, SO GOOD

This weekend grill salmon and tuna , tons more vegetables, this week, avocados, olives, sauteed spinach, yada yada

Need to get more exercise but my damm spinal stenosis has flared up and hurts like he77.

report back nest week realmad

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7453745 03/08/19 05:05 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
I only lost 1 pound this week. I think its cuz I overdosed on protein, Sunday -last night, BBQ brisket, sausage, leftovers, last night 3 beed ribs, oven roasted, SO GOOD

This weekend grill salmon and tuna , tons more vegetables, this week, avocados, olives, sauteed spinach, yada yada

Need to get more exercise but my damm spinal stenosis has flared up and hurts like he77.

report back nest week realmad

Don't go just by your weight. Take measurements, a lot of times you will loose inches, but not weight. Just keep the course and it will work.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7453824 03/08/19 06:15 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Yep. Stay focused Buzz. Don’t worry about the pound. A pound is still good.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7453869 03/08/19 07:19 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Ya'll use the bone broth and collagen powder to make shakes?

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7453882 03/08/19 07:29 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Buzz, as you go forward your body adapts. On some weeks a pound lost is phenomenal. Shoot. I bounce up and 5 lb for 3 months, and then break through a couple more. This is a long term lifestyle change. I have to be reminded of that when I dont get the result I'm hoping for. Keep it up.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7461134 03/18/19 01:49 AM
M
mow Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Great news!! What are your "go to" foods? I'm not a cook, so i'm not a big recipe guy. I love to grill !!!!!

Normal days eating?

Cheat on Saturdays with a few Vodka, soda's?

bacon and eggs..bulletproof coffee..ribey steaks...cauliflower mashed potatoes with lots of butter..

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7461138 03/18/19 01:51 AM
M
mow Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
i just bought a new food processer and am making my own nutbutter..just made a batch of macademia butter,pecan butter..yesterday i made some almond butter..of all these pecan butter was the hardest..took several minutes to get it to the right consistantcy..with mct oil and coconut oil..but man its good!!

Last edited by mow; 03/18/19 01:51 AM.
Re: KETO? [Re: helomech] #7461143 03/18/19 01:55 AM
M
mow Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by HOF

Why do you say vodka will knock you out of keto. I have never read or heard that before. As long as it is not a flavored vodka, you should be fine. At least I though.

If anyone is interested you can join my wife's facebook group. If we tried the recipe, we will have said if we liked it or not. Just let me know you are from THF and I will approve you.

everybodys macros are different..i might stay on keto with 50 grams of carbs..the next guy cant get over 20..everybody is different..it takes a while to find your macros..or numbers

Re: KETO? [Re: huck18] #7461147 03/18/19 01:59 AM
M
mow Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by huck18

It works. Don't worry about eating too much protein. It's almost impossible as you will be satiated before that happens. You really only need the MCT oil when you first start just to get your body trained to using fats for fuel rather than carbs.

I would regularly eat three steaks, bacon, beef jerky, etc.. and still be in ketosis. The whole eating too much protein is pretty much BS. But you do want to flood your body with healthy fats (MCT Oil, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, meat fats, some nuts, etc...) to get it to learn how to use them.

like i said in another post everybody is different..my macros.are different than somebody else..i ate too much protein and not enough fat and it threw me off keto..my macros are 70% fat..25% protein and 5% carbs..it took me quit a while to find it out

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7461152 03/18/19 02:04 AM
M
mow Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by HOF

You are so right, my Doc only gives it to me for a month, checks blood work, wait a few weeks and go again.

So if you grill chicken thighs with skin (he77 yea) how many can you eat? I love vegetables, especially sauteed in ghee, pink Himalayan salt. Grilled cabbage brussle's, asparagas !!!

have ya'll tried the Bulletproof Coffee? seems like allot of trouble. Got to have my coffee, so a couple tablespoons of heavy whipping cream ok? not a black coffee drinker, but if i did, i would drink less coffee...

They say you can eat eggs till the chicken cant lay anymore.

man bulletproof coffee is da bomb..i cant use heavy whipping cream(whid=ch i love) it throws me off ketosis..but i have a blender and as soon as i make my strong coffe..i pour it in the blender..add some mct oil a little bit of ghee(which is clarified butter )and pulse it about three times..man it works..i get up at 3:30 am and its like im on speed!..(whatever that is..lol)

Last edited by mow; 03/18/19 02:05 AM.
Re: KETO? [Re: mow] #7461260 03/18/19 04:27 AM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by mow
Originally Posted by HOF

everybodys macros are different..i might stay on keto with 50 grams of carbs..the next guy cant get over 20..everybody is different..it takes a while to find your macros..or numbers

That is true, but not sure what that has to do with my post? Vodka does not have any carbs.

Re: KETO? [Re: helomech] #7461307 03/18/19 10:24 AM
M
mow Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by mow
Originally Posted by HOF

That is true, but not sure what that has to do with my post? Vodka does not have any carbs.

wwell ok!

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7461452 03/18/19 02:10 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
only lost 1 pound again last week. not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm eating no carbs, may not be getting enough fat? I'm barely in Ketosis

will any medicines mess with this diet? My blood pressure has dropped, I get dizzy when I stand up, malnutrition?

I'm putting 1 tablespoon of MCT in my first cup of coffee, with heavy cream. Got some almond butter and some LILY'S dark chocolate sweetened with Stevia, I sprinkle on the almond butter and eat with macadamia nuts for a s"dessert" treat. Not too much though.

I usually am not hungry till around 4:00, tonight smoked salmon with fresh mozzarella

Last edited by Buzzsaw; 03/18/19 02:18 PM.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7461494 03/18/19 03:17 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
only lost 1 pound again last week. not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm eating no carbs, may not be getting enough fat? I'm barely in Ketosis

will any medicines mess with this diet? My blood pressure has dropped, I get dizzy when I stand up, malnutrition?

I'm putting 1 tablespoon of MCT in my first cup of coffee, with heavy cream. Got some almond butter and some LILY'S dark chocolate sweetened with Stevia, I sprinkle on the almond butter and eat with macadamia nuts for a s"dessert" treat. Not too much though.

I usually am not hungry till around 4:00, tonight smoked salmon with fresh mozzarella

Happy birthday

Are you on blood pressure meds? If so you might have to reduce your meds. I got completely off of my BP meds. Not enough fat won't knock you out of keto, but if you don't get enough you will be tired and weak.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7461616 03/18/19 05:36 PM
P
PKnTX Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Happy birthday Buzzsaw. Good for you staying with trying to improve your health.

These are my observations of my wife's successful use of this type diet plan.

You don't mention breakfast or lunch. If you're not eating enough your body will
not respond well. Eat some bacon and/or sausage dang it! Eggs are good, especially
when cooked in a bunch of butter. Butter is wonderful and should be eaten at every
opportunity. Don't skip lunch! Have a bunch of burger patties pre-made in the fridge
and eat with an avacodo or some leftover salmon or go pick up your favorite burger
and just eat the meat and fixins, ask for extra pickles. A good dinner option is chicken
rotisserie or roasted. Get thighs and be sure to eat the skin. Besides being the tastiest
part of any bird it's where the most fat is. The breast is too lean.
If you aren't drinking a gallon of water a day you will not get maximum benefits.
Also from reading here I think you're putting too much effort in to trying to find
alternative sweets and quick fix iingredients. If you want this to work then a true
lifestyle change is in order. Eat a lot of the good foods and forget about the bad.

Again, this is observed of my wife who has been very successful. I've used a less
stringent diet, most significant thing being cutting out candy, sweet drinks and
dessert type foods. Also cut way back on carbs and starches. Even this has
my weight down nearly 10% since the 1st of the year.

As usual my reply is probably TLTR. I just believe eating good is not difficult.
Deciding to change your lifestyle is the bear.

Re: KETO? [Re: PKnTX] #7461683 03/18/19 07:08 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
I only eat twice a day, eight hours apart.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7470486 03/27/19 02:35 PM
J
JESmith Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Buzz, some random thoughts...

Since you have had Gastric Bypass surgery like me, nutrients are going to go thru you quicker. I had to start cutting my meals in half and eat every two hours. I get too many "ups and downs" if I don't.

Also I have to drink more liquid. I make it a point to drink 8 ounces of liquid every hour on the hour.

Check your blood pressure many times during the day to get a track record. May need to get meds changed. Also get your potassium levels checked. Mine were way off and caused a lot of light-headedness and lethargy.

Some odd things will sometimes keep you out of ketosis. With me it was diet soda. You may have to experiment a little.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide