Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
KETO? #7426166 02/06/19 04:33 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
any of you all with eating disorders like me try the KETO diet?

I did one a long time ago, it worked. You pee on a strip, if it turns purple you are burning fat like crazy.

I did it again and put the 60lbs I took off last year back on binge eating over the winter, so I started again Monday, salads everyday.

Trying to get into a shrink but Medicare doesn't cover. They think old people are beyond help crying

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7426180 02/06/19 04:46 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Been keto for almost 3 years now, off my blood pressure meds and have more energy than I can ever remember having. I have a cheat day once a month, where I can eat anything I want all day. Our bodies don't need a external source of carbs, carbs don't do anything beneficial to our bodies.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7426427 02/06/19 08:35 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Hello Helo! Haven't seen you around in years. Glad to know you're still alive and kicking.

Buzz, my weight loss doc put me on a version of Keto to treat my diabetes. Man, it works. Like Helo, i've come off virtually a dozen meds I was on. Like you, I really struggle with controlling my appetite. I haven't come to completely trust the fat % they talk about on the diet so I'm more of a low/no carb and all the green, healthy, vegetables I want diet. I am in keto almost all the time and have never felt better.

Searching the world over for the perfect Chile Relleno.
Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7426488 02/06/19 09:40 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Great news!! What are your "go to" foods? I'm not a cook, so i'm not a big recipe guy. I love to grill !!!!!

Normal days eating?

Cheat on Saturdays with a few Vodka, soda's?

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7426508 02/06/19 09:57 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
We have stopped eating out almost completely. Or, compared to what we once did. I'll do a whataburger lettuce wrapped burger when on the road and in a pinch.

My daily diet goes something like this:

1. Intermittent fasting - I eat two meals a day. Lunch and Supper at around 12 and 5:50 to 6. This gets me 18 hours between meals.

Lunch is good protein, like a steak, fish, or chicken breast. I grill most of it in a cast iron skillet with very little olive oil, or organic grassfed butter. My side will be Asparagus, Broccoli, Spinach, or cabbage. Sometimes I'll binge on some brussel sprouts. If i'm really hungry I'll slice up some cucumbers and onions. I dress them with vinegar or lemon juice.

Dinner, much the same as lunch, but I add a pound of spinach, 2 cucumbers, some lemon juice, and 20 grams of vegan protein powder, a cup of ice, to the vita mix blender and have a shake.

When I need a snack I eat pumpkin seeds, almonds, pecans, or walnuts. I salt everything heavy with Himalayan pink salt. I also take a bunch of ID life supplements to get the pre and pro biotics covered in my gut. Yes, who knows if it is voodoo or not? But, I'm not taking a dozen meds and am feeling better than I have in years.

Also, when I get hungry, I try and drink a bunch of water and walk. I do a gallon or so a day plus am up to 4 to 8 miles a day.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7426512 02/06/19 10:00 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Man thats Great HOF. I can do this

oh,

how about the alkyhol, do you partake at all?

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7426523 02/06/19 10:13 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
You're gonna hate it, but I took a break four or five months ago. Vodka can work as a no carb no sugar adult beverage, but it does take you out of keto.

On true keto, the bright side is you get to eat bacon, avacados, real butter, and stuffed jalapeno peppers. You also get to eat lots of bbq, just keep the sugar free rubs and kick the sweet sauces. I miss tortilla chips and salsa the most.

I do eat a lot of peppers.

Full disclosure, we still eat out Mexican at least once a month and I'll eat a basket of chips with their hottest salsa. Life has to be worth livin....

Re: KETO? [Re: HOF] #7426591 02/06/19 11:26 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by HOF
Hello Helo! Haven't seen you around in years. Glad to know you're still alive and kicking.

Buzz, my weight loss doc put me on a version of Keto to treat my diabetes. Man, it works. Like Helo, i've come off virtually a dozen meds I was on. Like you, I really struggle with controlling my appetite. I haven't come to completely trust the fat % they talk about on the diet so I'm more of a low/no carb and all the green, healthy, vegetables I want diet. I am in keto almost all the time and have never felt better.

Doing great man, glad to see you still here. My wife has a facebook group for healthy stuff, got tons of keto recipies if you are interested. I had cheese cake the other day, and peanut butter cookies. All low carb, and they are awesome.

Re: KETO? [Re: HOF] #7426594 02/06/19 11:28 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by HOF
You're gonna hate it, but I took a break four or five months ago. Vodka can work as a no carb no sugar adult beverage, but it does take you out of keto.

On true keto, the bright side is you get to eat bacon, avacados, real butter, and stuffed jalapeno peppers. You also get to eat lots of bbq, just keep the sugar free rubs and kick the sweet sauces. I miss tortilla chips and salsa the most.

I do eat a lot of peppers.

Full disclosure, we still eat out Mexican at least once a month and I'll eat a basket of chips with their hottest salsa. Life has to be worth livin....

Put butter on everything. I love butter.

Why do you say vodka will knock you out of keto. I have never read or heard that before. As long as it is not a flavored vodka, you should be fine. At least I though.

If anyone is interested you can join my wife's facebook group. If we tried the recipe, we will have said if we liked it or not. Just let me know you are from THF and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BodiesRUs/

Last edited by helomech; 02/06/19 11:29 PM.
Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7426866 02/07/19 05:22 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I have been doing it a month and love it so far but I like to cook. And I love bacon. Crazy but it works! I eat more veggies now since I am not filling up on carbs and spending time cooking potatos and rice and stuff. Replace all chips with pork rinds. They make tasty ones now. I even smashed pork rinds and pan fried chicken with them. Dang good.

Breakfast I have 2 pieces of bacon, fried egg, mushrooms, onions, avacado and cream cheese all mixed together.

Lunch is meat of some kind, spinach or veggies and cheese and butter or sour cream.

Dinner is usually a good keto recipe I google that makes several meals.. Lots of mushrooms and veggies like cauliflower and brocolli or asparagus.

If I go out get salmon and veggies or salad with meat and cheese and dressing.

Snacks I eat nuts and deer jerky and venison sticks.

For drinking, vodka, club soda or diet Sprite and a lime. U can have some wine but not 1 or 2 bottles. Or beer but only low carb and 1 or 2 max. I drink powerade zero to replace electrolytes as you can get dehydrated easier.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7427117 02/07/19 04:22 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Thanks Guys for the info,

i did the Adkins back in the day, it does work

i'm having my 5 year colonoscopy next week, Dr. turned me on to a monthly support group dealing with CBE and gastric surgery's, good amd why some fail (operator error. peep"

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7427605 02/08/19 01:42 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
If you drink a lot of alcohol, you will definitely binge eat no matter what you do.

Just had about 6 oz of seasoned chicken breat sauteed in pan I just cooked some bacon in. Throw in mushrooms and green onions and crumbled a piece of bacon up. Put on paper towel to soak up grease. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and served with fresh brocolli and butter. Kids had pan fried chicken strips topped with lemon butter and pasta.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7427624 02/08/19 02:02 AM
L
leswad Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
I lost so much weight I had to get out of keratosis. I recommend watching the Magic Pill on Netflix.

[Linked Image]

FJB
Re: KETO? [Re: Txduckman] #7427629 02/08/19 02:09 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Txduckman
If you drink a lot of alcohol, you will definitely binge eat no matter what you do.

Just had about 6 oz of seasoned chicken breat sauteed in pan I just cooked some bacon in. Throw in mushrooms and green onions and crumbled a piece of bacon up. Put on paper towel to soak up grease. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and served with fresh brocolli and butter. Kids had pan fried chicken strips topped with lemon butter and pasta.

true

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: leswad] #7427632 02/08/19 02:10 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by leswad
I lost so much weight I had to get out of keratosis. I recommend watching the Magic Pill on Netflix.

congrats and ill check it out

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7427958 02/08/19 03:23 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
I watched a bunch of YouTube vids on KETO last night.

More to it than I thought. You cant eat TOO much protein, so not that much meat, FAT yes, but not that much protein.

Lots of expensive items, CMT oil, Ghee, etc.

Colonoscopy next Thursday, I may give it a shot then.

I started my Phentermine and salad diet Monday, I was 301lbs, this morning, I was 291lbs. I'm sure most of it was water.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7428041 02/08/19 04:38 PM
H
huck18 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

More to it than I thought. You cant eat TOO much protein, so not that much meat, FAT yes, but not that much protein.

I started my Phentermine and salad diet Monday, I was 301lbs, this morning, I was 291lbs. I'm sure most of it was water.

It works. Don't worry about eating too much protein. It's almost impossible as you will be satiated before that happens. You really only need the MCT oil when you first start just to get your body trained to using fats for fuel rather than carbs.

I would regularly eat three steaks, bacon, beef jerky, etc.. and still be in ketosis. The whole eating too much protein is pretty much BS. But you do want to flood your body with healthy fats (MCT Oil, Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, meat fats, some nuts, etc...) to get it to learn how to use them.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7428088 02/08/19 05:17 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
If you eat to much protein your body will convert that protein to carbs and it will knock you out of keto. I weight 170, and keep my protein less than 200. If I am hungry I eat fats

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7428151 02/08/19 06:21 PM
HOF Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker

Phentremine does it for me. However, it loses it's effect after about 45 to 60 days and I have to switch to something else. It really does knock my appetite and give me a boost. Make sure to take some B vitamins to keep you from getting jittery.

Re: KETO? [Re: HOF] #7428253 02/08/19 07:40 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by HOF

Phentremine does it for me. However, it loses it's effect after about 45 to 60 days and I have to switch to something else. It really does knock my appetite and give me a boost. Make sure to take some B vitamins to keep you from getting jittery.

You are so right, my Doc only gives it to me for a month, checks blood work, wait a few weeks and go again.

So if you grill chicken thighs with skin (he77 yea) how many can you eat? I love vegetables, especially sauteed in ghee, pink Himalayan salt. Grilled cabbage brussle's, asparagas !!!

have ya'll tried the Bulletproof Coffee? seems like allot of trouble. Got to have my coffee, so a couple tablespoons of heavy whipping cream ok? not a black coffee drinker, but if i did, i would drink less coffee...

They say you can eat eggs till the chicken cant lay anymore.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: KETO? [Re: helomech] #7428347 02/08/19 08:40 PM
H
huck18 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted by helomech
If you eat to much protein your body will convert that protein to carbs and it will knock you out of keto. I weight 170, and keep my protein less than 200. If I am hungry I eat fats

In theory, but I've tried it and it's pretty much impossible. Unless you eat enough to meet to make you feel miserable. I was using a blood meter to test my ketone levels on a daily basis.

The pee strips only work at first before your body is fat adapted. Once your body is fat adapted it doesn't piss out the ketones it uses them for fuel. The pee strips just let you know your body is producing a lot of ketones before it gets fat adapted and starts using them.

Re: KETO? [Re: huck18] #7428387 02/08/19 09:02 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by huck18
Originally Posted by helomech

In theory, but I've tried it and it's pretty much impossible. Unless you eat enough to meet to make you feel miserable. I was using a blood meter to test my ketone levels on a daily basis.

The pee strips only work at first before your body is fat adapted. Once your body is fat adapted it doesn't piss out the ketones it uses them for fuel. The pee strips just let you know your body is producing a lot of ketones before it gets fat adapted and starts using them.

It happens often, especially those that work out a lot. I work out 3 hours a day at the gym, and 9 hours of martial arts a month, so I eat a lot. I can easily knock myself out. Been doing this 3 years now. Like you said keto strips don't work for me, I also test blood. My wife bought us each a meter.

Re: KETO? [Re: helomech] #7428956 02/09/19 03:29 PM
HWY_MAN Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Wife and I both did the Keto and was hitting the gym and the weights pretty hard then I blew out an elbow doing bench presses and abdominal muscles doing squats. My goal on bench press was 250 but I didn't make it, I did hit 235. The abdominal still haven't healed but I think it's time to get back in the game and give up the squats. I just submitted a request to join your Facebook page. I've set up the shop out back with some pretty good equipment so we've dropped the gym membership, now just need a reason to get out there and go to work.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7429068 02/09/19 05:09 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Dang Mike. Sorry to hear that happened. I am not trying for max weights. I am a 2nd degree black belt in Shorin Ryu, so I am working more on speed and just getting stronger, no weight goal.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7429995 02/10/19 06:42 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
ya'll keep up with any numbers; calories, fat grams or just know what works from doin it?

SPACE FOR RENT

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide