M
mow Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Originally Posted by HOF
I watched a bunch of YouTube vids on KETO last night.

More to it than I thought. You cant eat TOO much protein, so not that much meat, FAT yes, but not that much protein.

Lots of expensive items, CMT oil, Ghee, etc.

Colonoscopy next Thursday, I may give it a shot then.

I started my Phentermine and salad diet Monday, I was 301lbs, this morning, I was 291lbs. I'm sure most of it was water.

Phentremine does it for me. However, it loses it's effect after about 45 to 60 days and I have to switch to something else. It really does knock my appetite and give me a boost. Make sure to take some B vitamins to keep you from getting jittery.

You are so right, my Doc only gives it to me for a month, checks blood work, wait a few weeks and go again.

So if you grill chicken thighs with skin (he77 yea) how many can you eat? I love vegetables, especially sauteed in ghee, pink Himalayan salt. Grilled cabbage brussle's, asparagas !!!

have ya'll tried the Bulletproof Coffee? seems like allot of trouble. Got to have my coffee, so a couple tablespoons of heavy whipping cream ok? not a black coffee drinker, but if i did, i would drink less coffee...

They say you can eat eggs till the chicken cant lay anymore.

man bulletproof coffee is da bomb..i cant use heavy whipping cream(whid=ch i love) it throws me off ketosis..but i have a blender and as soon as i make my strong coffe..i pour it in the blender..add some mct oil a little bit of ghee(which is clarified butter )and pulse it about three times..man it works..i get up at 3:30 am and its like im on speed!..(whatever that is..lol)

Last edited by mow; 03/18/19 02:05 AM.
Re: KETO? [Re: mow] #7461260 03/18/19 04:27 AM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by mow
Originally Posted by helomech
Originally Posted by HOF
You're gonna hate it, but I took a break four or five months ago. Vodka can work as a no carb no sugar adult beverage, but it does take you out of keto.

On true keto, the bright side is you get to eat bacon, avacados, real butter, and stuffed jalapeno peppers. You also get to eat lots of bbq, just keep the sugar free rubs and kick the sweet sauces. I miss tortilla chips and salsa the most.

I do eat a lot of peppers.

Full disclosure, we still eat out Mexican at least once a month and I'll eat a basket of chips with their hottest salsa. Life has to be worth livin....

Put butter on everything. I love butter.

Why do you say vodka will knock you out of keto. I have never read or heard that before. As long as it is not a flavored vodka, you should be fine. At least I though.

If anyone is interested you can join my wife's facebook group. If we tried the recipe, we will have said if we liked it or not. Just let me know you are from THF and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BodiesRUs/

everybodys macros are different..i might stay on keto with 50 grams of carbs..the next guy cant get over 20..everybody is different..it takes a while to find your macros..or numbers

That is true, but not sure what that has to do with my post? Vodka does not have any carbs.

Re: KETO? [Re: helomech] #7461307 03/18/19 10:24 AM
M
mow Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by mow
Originally Posted by HOF
You're gonna hate it, but I took a break four or five months ago. Vodka can work as a no carb no sugar adult beverage, but it does take you out of keto.

On true keto, the bright side is you get to eat bacon, avacados, real butter, and stuffed jalapeno peppers. You also get to eat lots of bbq, just keep the sugar free rubs and kick the sweet sauces. I miss tortilla chips and salsa the most.

I do eat a lot of peppers.

Full disclosure, we still eat out Mexican at least once a month and I'll eat a basket of chips with their hottest salsa. Life has to be worth livin....

Put butter on everything. I love butter.

Why do you say vodka will knock you out of keto. I have never read or heard that before. As long as it is not a flavored vodka, you should be fine. At least I though.

If anyone is interested you can join my wife's facebook group. If we tried the recipe, we will have said if we liked it or not. Just let me know you are from THF and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BodiesRUs/

everybodys macros are different..i might stay on keto with 50 grams of carbs..the next guy cant get over 20..everybody is different..it takes a while to find your macros..or numbers

That is true, but not sure what that has to do with my post? Vodka does not have any carbs.

wwell ok!

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7461452 03/18/19 02:10 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
only lost 1 pound again last week. not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm eating no carbs, may not be getting enough fat? I'm barely in Ketosis

will any medicines mess with this diet? My blood pressure has dropped, I get dizzy when I stand up, malnutrition?

I'm putting 1 tablespoon of MCT in my first cup of coffee, with heavy cream. Got some almond butter and some LILY'S dark chocolate sweetened with Stevia, I sprinkle on the almond butter and eat with macadamia nuts for a s"dessert" treat. Not too much though.

I usually am not hungry till around 4:00, tonight smoked salmon with fresh mozzarella

Last edited by Buzzsaw; 03/18/19 02:18 PM.
Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7461494 03/18/19 03:17 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
only lost 1 pound again last week. not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm eating no carbs, may not be getting enough fat? I'm barely in Ketosis

will any medicines mess with this diet? My blood pressure has dropped, I get dizzy when I stand up, malnutrition?

I'm putting 1 tablespoon of MCT in my first cup of coffee, with heavy cream. Got some almond butter and some LILY'S dark chocolate sweetened with Stevia, I sprinkle on the almond butter and eat with macadamia nuts for a s"dessert" treat. Not too much though.

I usually am not hungry till around 4:00, tonight smoked salmon with fresh mozzarella

Happy birthday

Are you on blood pressure meds? If so you might have to reduce your meds. I got completely off of my BP meds. Not enough fat won't knock you out of keto, but if you don't get enough you will be tired and weak.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7461616 03/18/19 05:36 PM
P
PKnTX Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Happy birthday Buzzsaw. Good for you staying with trying to improve your health.

These are my observations of my wife's successful use of this type diet plan.

You don't mention breakfast or lunch. If you're not eating enough your body will
not respond well. Eat some bacon and/or sausage dang it! Eggs are good, especially
when cooked in a bunch of butter. Butter is wonderful and should be eaten at every
opportunity. Don't skip lunch! Have a bunch of burger patties pre-made in the fridge
and eat with an avacodo or some leftover salmon or go pick up your favorite burger
and just eat the meat and fixins, ask for extra pickles. A good dinner option is chicken
rotisserie or roasted. Get thighs and be sure to eat the skin. Besides being the tastiest
part of any bird it's where the most fat is. The breast is too lean.
If you aren't drinking a gallon of water a day you will not get maximum benefits.
Also from reading here I think you're putting too much effort in to trying to find
alternative sweets and quick fix iingredients. If you want this to work then a true
lifestyle change is in order. Eat a lot of the good foods and forget about the bad.

Again, this is observed of my wife who has been very successful. I've used a less
stringent diet, most significant thing being cutting out candy, sweet drinks and
dessert type foods. Also cut way back on carbs and starches. Even this has
my weight down nearly 10% since the 1st of the year.

As usual my reply is probably TLTR. I just believe eating good is not difficult.
Deciding to change your lifestyle is the bear.

Re: KETO? [Re: PKnTX] #7461683 03/18/19 07:08 PM
H
helomech Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
I only eat twice a day, eight hours apart.

Re: KETO? [Re: Buzzsaw] #7470486 03/27/19 02:35 PM
J
JESmith Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Buzz, some random thoughts...

Since you have had Gastric Bypass surgery like me, nutrients are going to go thru you quicker. I had to start cutting my meals in half and eat every two hours. I get too many "ups and downs" if I don't.

Also I have to drink more liquid. I make it a point to drink 8 ounces of liquid every hour on the hour.

Check your blood pressure many times during the day to get a track record. May need to get meds changed. Also get your potassium levels checked. Mine were way off and caused a lot of light-headedness and lethargy.

Some odd things will sometimes keep you out of ketosis. With me it was diet soda. You may have to experiment a little.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide