Forums46
Topics538,441
Posts9,737,085
Members87,089
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 44 45
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5562637 01/25/15 02:52 AM
E
ezinkscrr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
I guess Sachal will give us a update sometime next week after shot show is history. I guess as it has been said a few times. We are in for a wild roller coaster ride owning this scope. May the force be with us...
popcorn

Eric
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5563303 01/25/15 04:46 PM
D
DavidK Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
deer at 7o yards, unfortunately didn't get any night video, nothing showed up.

Watch in HD, recorded right before dark:

Wilson Combat Pro Staff
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: mikei] #5563312 01/25/15 04:49 PM
P
Pittstate Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted By: mikei
Yeah, Pittstate, I had my scope, all functions, completely turned off for a few hours, and discovered that two of the (brand new, fresh) batteries had become totally discharged. Obviously there are battery-consuming functions (or a short!)going on in the background, even when the scope is powered off. There's something seriously wrong with this product when the customer has to remember to remove the batteries from it every time it is not in use!

Tworod on here told me that even his GoPro will drain the batteries when it is turned off, but Wifi is still on. I guess the Wifi continues to stay on while devices are turned off. Solution is to have the Wifi option turned off before shutting down the scope.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5563790 01/25/15 09:27 PM
F
Fumbles Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
F
Anyone able to help me with the WifI issue I listed above? This is the image of the text I need copied but I need all of it from the WiFi.config file. I have emailed tech support as well. Just working multiple avenues to get it fixed. Im look for someone to copy and paste it in the open forum or in private message. Thank you!

This is the text from the manual:
2.11. Customize the Name and password of SSID

Customize the Name and password of SSID

Create the WiFi config file. This step is performed only once
Insert an SD card, power up the device and turn on the WiFi.
Wait for the WiFi icon appear and remove the card.

For every device that needs to be updated

1. On the SD card open and edit the following text file:

/MISC/wifi.conf

2. Find the line that starts with AP_SSID (most likely line number 26) and change it
to: AP_SSID=
and save the wifi.conf file

NOTE
There are several other lines that have keys with the value “atn_obsidian.” Do not confuse them, you are only changing the AP_SSID.

3. Start the device with the SD card inserted.
4. Start the WiFi if it’s not currently running.
5. It is now safe to remove the SD card (the new SSID is saved in the device’s internal memory).

Last edited by Fumbles; 01/25/15 09:29 PM. Reason: Added Manual Info
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5563794 01/25/15 09:29 PM
J
jefeh Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
I haven't updated to the new software yet. When I boresighted and then zeroed the scope on my rifle, the crosshairs are in the bottom half of the screen and will disappear totally if I magnify the scope. Does anyone know if the new software will help restore the crosshairs to the center of the scope. I read that ATN was addressing the issue.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Pittstate] #5563811 01/25/15 09:37 PM
M
mikei Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Pittstate, I checked the WiFi and the GPS to make sure they are both shut down every time I power off, so as far as I could tell, there was NOTHING running! crazy

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: jefeh] #5563820 01/25/15 09:41 PM
S
Shadow357x2 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: FireGator
I haven't updated to the new software yet. When I boresighted and then zeroed the scope on my rifle, the crosshairs are in the bottom half of the screen and will disappear totally if I magnify the scope. Does anyone know if the new software will help restore the crosshairs to the center of the scope. I read that ATN was addressing the issue.

No it doesnt.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5563890 01/25/15 10:35 PM
E
Eyesofahunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
Went to Victoria this weekend with the X sight for a test run. While no animals were hurt while using the x sight a few things were learned running the latest firmware.

Batteries run down like an ice cream cone in July regardless of brand or chemical makeup. I have converted to Dollar General Heavy Duty and they last as long as anything else I have tried and they cost just over 5 bucks for 20 of them. (1 hour of up time with ability to take pictures or video, can get 30 min more up time but not enough juice for pictures/video)
Regardless this is an issue that needs attention.

With the new firmware I noticed if I am in night mode/green screen and power off the scope and then power back on the scope is in what I would call a hybrid state. Not night/green or day, image is a grainy red color, the menu indicates I am in night green. When I cycle through the menu to day mode then back to night/green issue goes away. Happened every time over the trip. I did not use night/white mode to see if same issue, next trip.

Flickering is only in Low light magnification mode, medium and high are flicker free with new firmware.

While setting 0 during the day I had some shift in 0 as I zoomed from 1x, at 3x, hits moved up and left about 2 inches. When I moved back to 1x and bullets went where expected. Did not go beyond 3x due to loss of reticle on screen. Maybe and issue that will be addressed with the floating reticle.

A couple of pics of various distances (laser verified before darkness fell) from the blind I was in. IR-K2 + was used for illumination, all taken at 1x zoom.

87yards,

133yards

166yards

Bottom line: Some frustration with functionality, but I am keeping on the rifle and will be using again next weekend. As they say "results may vary and no guarantee of future results" but these were my results in the field.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Eyesofahunter] #5563943 01/25/15 11:24 PM
M
MGP Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
"grainy red color" I got that in night white. Happened a couple times I just powered off and powered back on and its gone.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Fumbles] #5563962 01/25/15 11:41 PM
E
ezinkscrr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
Originally Posted By: Fumbles
Anyone able to help me with the WifI issue I listed above? This is the image of the text I need copied but I need all of it from the WiFi.config file. I have emailed tech support as well. Just working multiple avenues to get it fixed. Im look for someone to copy and paste it in the open forum or in private message. Thank you!

/MISC/wifi.conf

2. Find the line that starts with AP_SSID (most likely line number 26) and change it

NOTE
There are several other lines that have keys with the value “atn_obsidian.” Do not confuse them, you are only changing the AP_SSID.

5. It is now safe to remove the SD card (the new SSID is saved in the device’s internal memory).

Fumbles, I hope this helps.

##### Wifi configuration file ##########################################
## Empty lines and lines starting with # are ignored
# ap: SoftAP mode
# sta: Station mode
# p2p: Enable Wifi Direct Support for peer-to-peer connectibity
WIFI_MODE=ap

##### STA mode configuration ##########################################
# SSID
ESSID=atn_obsidian
# Passphrase. Leave empty at no security mode; please edit wpa_supplicant.conf when your AP cannot be detected
PASSWORD=atn_obsidian
# Device Name for AMBA Discovery Protocol (optional)
STA_DEVICE_NAME=amba-1

##### Wifi Direct configuration ##########################################
# Find devices with correct name prefix and automatically connect at startup
P2P_AUTO_CONNECT=yes
# Auto-connect with devices if the name prefix matches
P2P_CONNECT_PREFIX=amba
# Do not enable this optional field unless you are certain, please provide a unique name amoung multiple devices to prevent confusion
#P2P_DEVICE_NAME=amba-1

##### SoftAP configuration ##########################################
# SSID (1 ~ 32 characters)
AP_SSID=atn_obsidian
# IP address
LOCAL_IP=192.168.42.1
# IP subnet mask
LOCAL_NETMASK=255.255.255.0
# IP pool starting address of DHCP server
DHCP_IP_START=192.168.42.2
# IP pool end address of DHCP server
DHCP_IP_END=192.168.42.6
# Wifi channel number, set 0 to use Auto Channel Selection
AP_CHANNEL=0
# Maximum number of stations allowed in station table
AP_MAXSTA=5
# If you say yes here, all WPA/WEP settings will be ignored
AP_PUBLIC=no
# WPA Passphrase (8 ~ 63 characters)
AP_PASSWD=atn_obsidian

##### Advanced WPA configuration ##########################################
## Do not modify this section unless you are certain
# This is a bit field, bit0 = WPA, bit1 = WPA2
WPA_VERSION=2
# This is a space separated list of encryption algorithms, TKIP CCMP
WPA_PAIRWISE=CCMP

##### Advanced WEP configuration ##########################################
# If you say yes here, AP_PASSWD, WPA_VERSION, WPA_PAIRWISE will be ignored
AP_WEP=no
# Bit fields of allowed authentication algorithms, bit 0 = Open System, bit 1 = Shared Key
AUTH_ALGS=1
# The key number to use when transmitting. It must be between 0 and 3, and the corresponding key must be set.
WEP_DEFAULT_KEY=0
# A key may be a quoted string (5 or 13 characters) or unquoted hexadecimal digits (10 or 26 digits), depending on whether 64-bit or 128-bit WEP is used
WEP_KEY0=1234567890
WEP_KEY1="vwxyz"
WEP_KEY2=0102030405060708090a0b0c0d
WEP_KEY3=".2.4.6.8.0.23"

Eric
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5563964 01/25/15 11:42 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Eyesofahunter - The cheap batteries are prolly OK for viewing/recording (or could be your grainy red issue), but just wanted to alert you that they may cause the scope to shut down under recoil.

Keep the info coming! up

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: MGP] #5564521 01/26/15 03:58 AM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: MGP
"grainy red color" I got that in night white. Happened a couple times I just powered off and powered back on and its gone.

Got it tonight a couple of times. Switched between light amplification levels and it went away.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5564742 01/26/15 07:12 AM
O
Oldsnipr Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
O
I am not trying to "beat a dead horse" but tonight I saw an ad on my Facebook page for the X-Sight so I clicked on it. It took me to B & H Photo & Video. Please check this link:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1030881-REG/atn_dgwsxs518a_x_sight_smart_technology_hd.html

We (now) all know the many issues with the X-Sight. But the US distributors apparently don't know or don't care because they continue to describe features that the sight simply does not have. B & H is a large distribution channel, you'd think ATN would have them change the web page to reflect the truth about the current working features or say it's in Beta testing or something? So others who are looking to buy a scope will fall for the same BS I did (thinking all the advertised features actually worked! The is at best irresponsible and at worst bordering on criminal misrepresentation!

Yes the technology is new, yes they are trying to fix it but why continue to put out false claims of performance and untrue advertisement? It's just plain dishonest which causes me to question ATN's integrity!

They continue to tell bald face lies to consumers and somehow no one is supposed to call them on it? Just be honest so that those that buy an X-sight at least know what to expect!

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: ezinkscrr] #5564752 01/26/15 10:01 AM
F
Fumbles Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
F
Originally Posted By: ezinkscrr
Originally Posted By: Fumbles

/MISC/wifi.conf

NOTE

Fumbles, I hope this helps.

##### Wifi configuration file ##########################################
## Empty lines and lines starting with # are ignored
# ap: SoftAP mode
# sta: Station mode
# p2p: Enable Wifi Direct Support for peer-to-peer connectibity
WIFI_MODE=ap

##### STA mode configuration ##########################################
# SSID
ESSID=atn_obsidian
# Passphrase. Leave empty at no security mode; please edit wpa_supplicant.conf when your AP cannot be detected
PASSWORD=atn_obsidian
# Device Name for AMBA Discovery Protocol (optional)
STA_DEVICE_NAME=amba-1

##### Wifi Direct configuration ##########################################
# Find devices with correct name prefix and automatically connect at startup
P2P_AUTO_CONNECT=yes
# Auto-connect with devices if the name prefix matches
P2P_CONNECT_PREFIX=amba
# Do not enable this optional field unless you are certain, please provide a unique name amoung multiple devices to prevent confusion
#P2P_DEVICE_NAME=amba-1

##### SoftAP configuration ##########################################
# SSID (1 ~ 32 characters)
AP_SSID=atn_obsidian
# IP address
LOCAL_IP=192.168.42.1
# IP subnet mask
LOCAL_NETMASK=255.255.255.0
# IP pool starting address of DHCP server
DHCP_IP_START=192.168.42.2
# IP pool end address of DHCP server
DHCP_IP_END=192.168.42.6
# Wifi channel number, set 0 to use Auto Channel Selection
AP_CHANNEL=0
# Maximum number of stations allowed in station table
AP_MAXSTA=5
# If you say yes here, all WPA/WEP settings will be ignored
AP_PUBLIC=no
# WPA Passphrase (8 ~ 63 characters)
AP_PASSWD=atn_obsidian

##### Advanced WPA configuration ##########################################
# This is a bit field, bit0 = WPA, bit1 = WPA2
WPA_VERSION=2
# This is a space separated list of encryption algorithms, TKIP CCMP
WPA_PAIRWISE=CCMP

##### Advanced WEP configuration ##########################################
# If you say yes here, AP_PASSWD, WPA_VERSION, WPA_PAIRWISE will be ignored
AP_WEP=no
# Bit fields of allowed authentication algorithms, bit 0 = Open System, bit 1 = Shared Key
AUTH_ALGS=1
# The key number to use when transmitting. It must be between 0 and 3, and the corresponding key must be set.
WEP_DEFAULT_KEY=0
# A key may be a quoted string (5 or 13 characters) or unquoted hexadecimal digits (10 or 26 digits), depending on whether 64-bit or 128-bit WEP is used
WEP_KEY0=1234567890
WEP_KEY1="vwxyz"
WEP_KEY2=0102030405060708090a0b0c0d
WEP_KEY3=".2.4.6.8.0.23"

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately it didn't fix my WiFi problem.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5564836 01/26/15 01:17 PM
M
MoShootr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Thank you for posting the CONF file for Wifi. Frankly, I have found this one document FAR more telling about the X-Sight's capabilities than anything.

I find it interesting that they can have the Wifi operate in P2P mode. This is how the Android apps work, most likely - but more importantly, it's also possible that this is one way that additional 'accessory' devices could communicate with the scope.

I had wondered if ATN would, in the future, introduce additional devices that could interface with the X-sight wirelessly.
This is an intriguing notion, and it seems from the CONF file that the X-sight should be perfectly capable of joining a "Personal Area Network" of devices. That frees up a lot of options.

However, there's a downside to all this 'convenience'; the issue of battery life. By the comments in this thread and others, is something of a wild card variable at this time. (IE: we dont really know what to expect in terms of expected battery life). If anyone here has some experience in electronics, I would love to know if there's a way to test the current draw of the X-Sight under various conditions (features on/off, scope on/off, day/night, high/low amplification, etc).

So far, the discussion is mostly about current features (whether they work or not, etc). For me, the one issue I think about a lot, is the logistics of feeding all these things to keep this system running at peak performance. It's the same issue the US military is running into right now. The soldier marches on his stomach, but his gadgets march on Milliamp-Hours.

If no one else has the time or willing, I may try to do these tests when I receive mine.

Edit: - This should be possible by powering on the X-Sight from batteries, switching to external micro-USB power, then removing batteries. This is the most reliable way to test anyway, because the most likely means of supplying extended battery life is with an external battery pack, which would probably connect via USB anyway.

Last edited by MoShootr; 01/26/15 01:20 PM.

"Being Right, and being Reasonable, are not automatically synonymous." - Me
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: dfwroadkill] #5564868 01/26/15 01:42 PM
E
Eyesofahunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
I have about 50 rounds through the rifle with the X sight mounted and I have had no issues with recoil and scope operation, then again 5.56 is not exactly a beast. I do make sure the battery cover is tight. I was feeling rich last night so I dropped in my last set of Li batteries and power cycled the scope and same issue, good thought and worth the try.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: MGP] #5564873 01/26/15 01:47 PM
E
Eyesofahunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
Glad I am not the only one with this issue, last night I tried white mode and same issue as you. Thank you for the confirmation.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: MoShootr] #5565038 01/26/15 03:04 PM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: MoShootr
I find it interesting that they can have the Wifi operate in P2P mode. This is how the Android apps work, most likely - but more importantly, it's also possible that this is one way that additional 'accessory' devices could communicate with the scope.

I had wondered if ATN would, in the future, introduce additional devices that could interface with the X-sight wirelessly.
This is an intriguing notion, and it seems from the CONF file that the X-sight should be perfectly capable of joining a "Personal Area Network" of devices. That frees up a lot of options.

However, there's a downside to all this 'convenience'; the issue of battery life. By the comments in this thread and others, is something of a wild card variable at this time. (IE: we dont really know what to expect in terms of expected battery life). If anyone here has some experience in electronics, I would love to know if there's a way to test the current draw of the X-Sight under various conditions (features on/off, scope on/off, day/night, high/low amplification, etc).

So far, the discussion is mostly about current features (whether they work or not, etc). For me, the one issue I think about a lot, is the logistics of feeding all these things to keep this system running at peak performance. It's the same issue the US military is running into right now. The soldier marches on his stomach, but his gadgets march on Milliamp-Hours.

Uhm...

...if the X-Sight operated in infrastructure mode, you'd need a router to use it with the app. I wouldn't read too much into that it operates in P2P mode, since P2P/ ad-hoc mode is the only thing that makes any sense. I am not planning to take a router with me. Are you?

Please DON'T reply by saying that the phone could/ does function as the router. You will only prove that you only THINK you know what you're talking about.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5565063 01/26/15 03:13 PM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
I am very surprised that ATN posted instructions for modifying configuration files. More than likely, those files can be opened with Microsoft Word, but NEED to be saved as "plain text," and while I haven't read those instructions, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't crystal clear about the nuances of editing and re-saving plain text configuration files.

Just for laughs, can someone tell me if ATN even recommends making backups of those files before editing them?

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: s6275] #5565098 01/26/15 03:30 PM
E
ezinkscrr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
Originally Posted By: s6275
I am very surprised that ATN posted instructions for modifying configuration files. More than likely, those files can be opened with Microsoft Word, but NEED to be saved as "plain text," and while I haven't read those instructions, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't crystal clear about the nuances of editing and re-saving plain text configuration files.

Just for laughs, can someone tell me if ATN even recommends making backups of those files before editing them?

I don't think I would mess with those files, Fumbles: I think you may have to send your scope in. That wifi stuff may be something embedded in the scope as I can format my SD card and if I do not turn on WIFI the file does not show up on the card. If I turn it on just for a second it come up on the card. Your scope may not have been programed right from the beginning. Did you happen to do a firmware update yet just to see if it come up, I think you may have said you did but Im to lazy to look thru the thread. Let us know if you hear back from ATN regarding that issue.

Eric
Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5565235 01/26/15 04:24 PM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
http://manual.atncorp.com/2-graphic-user-interface/2-11-customize-the-name-and-password-of-ssid/

Yeah...NO mention of file formats or the necessity of saving as a plain-text .conf file. Wow. Gluttons for punishment, I guess.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5565237 01/26/15 04:24 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Anyone else experience this? Updated the X-Sight to 288. The image is dimmer at night. I have a backpack full of nothing but illuminators. Nothing affects it. When I first turn the scope on it is bright, but dims down over ~15 seconds. Take the same illuminator/s off and place them on my Photon XT setting next to it and it is crazy bright. I get the same bright/dim effect by lowering and raising my lens cap.

Am wondering if something in the new firmware allowing the display of the reticle in the recording has affected the perceived brightness. I don'thave the 200 firmware with me to back up and prove out if it is the new firmware.

The original prototype we had was worlds different than this.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5565243 01/26/15 04:27 PM
S
s6275 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Hey...be patient. It might take two years, but they will solve all of your problems. smirk

Don't forget...you DID install incomplete, potentially unstable beta firmware on your scope. There is nothing to be frustrated by because you asked to be a tester by voluntarily purchasing a new product. Do you disagree? Ask MoShootr.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5565324 01/26/15 05:04 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Well, come to think of it, I didn't see the microwave oven buttons either.

Re: X-Sight Owners forum for the (1.8.00.228) firmware update. [Re: Shadow357x2] #5565373 01/26/15 05:29 PM
DrifterAT Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I’m a new member to the forum who happens to own an ATN X-Sight 5-18 rifle scope on a Ruger SR-762 308/7.62.This combo has produced ½ inch groups at 100 yards using hand loads one of my hunting buddy loads for me.

I thought I’d share a few of my experiences after using it for 10 nights over the last month.
I’m still running .200 firmware although I plan to update to .228 once I save my current zero setting using a laser bore sight at 25 feet and save the X&Y values. I didn't do that before updating to .200 and I had to go the range. I called ATN support before the firmware update and they assured me the zero wouldn't change…. But it did. Zero went up 6 inches high for me.

I have the scope with the black/white push buttons. It’s likely an earlier model since my scope doesn't have a serial number on it. Very strange but ATN said a copy of my receipt will serve as my warranty.

I have the same issues as folks are reporting on the forum
• Reticle not centered on the screen. It sits just south of center.
• Drifting reticle during zoom – goes to bottom then off the screen. Saw someone reported the drift doesn't change POI – great news and I will test it this weekend
• Scope shutoff after shooting – tightened down the battery cover fixed it
• Batteries quickly dying – I shut off all options except when I use them.
• I went to Duracell DC 1500 NiMH @ 2450mAH rechargeable batteries. I have spare batteries and I replace them with fully charged batteries every time I come in from a hunt. Seems excessive but it works for me. I also carry a spare set at all times.
• Intermittent Reddish/Pink screen in all intensity modes. Since I’ve taken to replacing the batteries more often, I haven’t seen a reoccurrence of this issue.
• NV clarity and distance – I was only getting about 90-100 yards of visibility initially. I adjusted the IR in elevation that helped some but the greatest improvement was moving it as close as I could to the front of the rifle barrel. The longest shot I have around a feeder is 185 yards and I can pick up the body of a raccoon at that distance now.
• Testing other IR’s cause we all want more range visibility – I’ve tested the Streamlight IR TLR-1 69150 which I estimate increases light (and therefor distance) maybe 20 – 25% (sorry no scientific measurement here simply my eyesight). I’m not sure if the improvement is worth $150 to me based on my lease setups. I would like to test the UNV20IR. The forum and general feedback indicates this IR will produce good improvements.
• Daytime use – works fine and will knock your game down but it’s not premium glass (Zeiss and Schmidt and Bender on my other rifles and Leica Bino’s).

Like other X-Sight owners on the forum, I look forward to ATN resolving our existing issues and adding more enhancements to the scope. IMO, this is a wonderful NV product especially at its current price point. Heck, B&H lists them $584 – fantastic price!

Is anyone using RCR123 rechargeable batteries for their IR? I’d sure like a battery recommendation. I assume we need a 3v instead of 3.7v batteries to keep from blowing up LED’s.

I look forward to reading hunter experiences posted on the forum and sharing some of mine.

Last edited by DrifterAT; 01/26/15 05:30 PM.
Page 3 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 44 45
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide