texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Pups4Sale, Sevensalmon, FacePaint, GavinBryant, JT Panel Company
70594 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 110,646
bill oxner 91,416
SnakeWrangler 64,156
stxranchman 60,296
Gravytrain 46,950
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,461
BMD 41,241
Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics616,421
Posts11,415,352
Members85,594
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: misplacedcanadian] #257116 11/21/07 12:12 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,206
T
TexasHeat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
T
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,206
Quote:

Texas Heat, if you are so worried about somebody finding your secret honey holes that you are afraid to say whether or not you have shot ducks on a specific lake, then I would say you are more than a little paranoid. As i recall, the public land at lewisville consists of more than just the point that you hunt and the point that i hunt. You have no idea of the intention of my question, which i can assure you was not to find your spot. But then again, it's public land and if i want to set up 75 yards down the shoreline from you, short of shooting me and hauling away my carcass, there isn't a thing that you can do about it. Maybe you should spend your money on a lease so you don't have to worry about other hunters and more over, so that you can keep your jacka*s responses to yourself. It is an innocent question that doesn't require a response from anyone other than those who care to take part. There may be good people on the hunting forum, but so far it looks like nothing more than a douche bag pen pals club. One things for sure Texasheat, next time someone posts asking where to hunt douche bags, I'll be damn sure generous enough to give them your GPS coordinates.

P.S. To the moderators of this site. I am sure this post will be bumped, but how about stepping up and bumping uncalled for posts, like the one from our over sensitive and pissed off friend-Texasheat. Either outlaw certain posts-or bump A*sh#ole responses.




Looks like I have another member of the Texas Heat fan club.......
Look noob, I do not hunt Lewisville, I have more sense than that! There are others that do and it's a damn shame to see folks post about a lake others hunt. As it is the place gets hammered so what the heck, might as well let the cat out of the bag so everyone and their mother shows up at dark thirty to hunt the same hole of creek channel. What BS..... some of you guys and (I say 80 % on the THF) are just plain stupid dumb. Give out all the info you want and screw your neighbor, that seems to be the "right" thing to do....


Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: misplacedcanadian] #257117 11/21/07 12:21 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 241
A
auto Offline
Woodsman
Offline
Woodsman
A
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 241
Quote:

. But then again, it's public land and if i want to set up 75 yards down the shoreline from you, short of shooting me and hauling away my carcass, there isn't a thing that you can do about it. Maybe you should spend your money on a lease so you don't have to worry about other hunters and more over, so that you can keep your jacka*s responses to yourself.




Are you a dumbass or did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night? That attitude will get your [censored] kicked, shot, car jacked with or a miserable hunt.

I promise you there a lot of people out there that will not put up with the shiaaat you just posted. Seen it twice, once person shot down a shore line at 65 yards at some jacklegs that just flared 75 mallards, those people decided they didn't need the spot that bad.

I think Canada might be a better place for you.


Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: TexasHeat] #257118 11/21/07 12:41 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,414
R
R.G.C. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 7,414
Quote:

Quote:

Texas Heat, if you are so worried about somebody finding your secret honey holes that you are afraid to say whether or not you have shot ducks on a specific lake, then I would say you are more than a little paranoid. As i recall, the public land at lewisville consists of more than just the point that you hunt and the point that i hunt. You have no idea of the intention of my question, which i can assure you was not to find your spot. But then again, it's public land and if i want to set up 75 yards down the shoreline from you, short of shooting me and hauling away my carcass, there isn't a thing that you can do about it. Maybe you should spend your money on a lease so you don't have to worry about other hunters and more over, so that you can keep your jacka*s responses to yourself. It is an innocent question that doesn't require a response from anyone other than those who care to take part. There may be good people on the hunting forum, but so far it looks like nothing more than a douche bag pen pals club. One things for sure Texasheat, next time someone posts asking where to hunt douche bags, I'll be damn sure generous enough to give them your GPS coordinates.

P.S. To the moderators of this site. I am sure this post will be bumped, but how about stepping up and bumping uncalled for posts, like the one from our over sensitive and pissed off friend-Texasheat. Either outlaw certain posts-or bump A*sh#ole responses.




Looks like I have another member of the Texas Heat fan club.......
Look noob, I do not hunt Lewisville, I have more sense than that! There are others that do and it's a damn shame to see folks post about a lake others hunt. As it is the place gets hammered so what the heck, might as well let the cat out of the bag so everyone and their mother shows up at dark thirty to hunt the same hole of creek channel. What BS..... some of you guys and (I say 80 % on the THF) are just plain stupid dumb. Give out all the info you want and screw your neighbor, that seems to be the "right" thing to do....



O kso everyone knows this Canadian guy is not a noob to duck hunting. I met him last year and was more than likly just wondering if any body was having any luck. All I can say is it is hit or miss no matter where you are hunting PRIVATE OR PUBLIC. I have hunted lewisville and know others that have to and some have done good and some have done bad. Wait a couple of more weeks and you should do just fine. Pm me and I will tell you where my spots are and you can go hunt them.


Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: misplacedcanadian] #257119 11/21/07 12:59 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 697
G
Gary Willmann Offline
Tracker
Offline
Tracker
G
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 697
Quote:

But then again, it's public land and if i want to set up 75 yards down the shoreline from you, short of shooting me and hauling away my carcass, there isn't a thing that you can do about it.



Nice attitude. Nice way of showing respect to other hunters. I would venture to guess you're pretty good on the kazoo and have no clue what it's like to shoot at a duck at less than 60 yards.

I can promise you, with an attitude like that, you will have some very miserable hunting experiences on public waters.


Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: Crazyhorse] #257120 11/21/07 03:11 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,474
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,474
Looks to me like we have reached one of those, "Why Can't We All Just Get Along", moments.


Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: Crazyhorse] #257121 11/21/07 03:15 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,979
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,979
Quote:

Looks to me like we have reached one of those, "Why Can't We All Just Get Along", moments.



Good post CHC!! At least thru thanksgiving.


Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: Gary Willmann] #257122 11/21/07 03:43 AM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,612
P
pyledriver Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
P
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,612
He didn't say he WOULD set up 75yds away, just that SINCE IT'S PUBLIC nothing could be done about it. The operative word here for our reading comprehension lesson today is 'PUBLIC'. Yes, it's frustrating to deal with folks that plop down, skybust, and generally ruin a hunt. The overall anger that you guys, TexasHeat, auto and some others are creating is in your responses to people who you have pre-judged to be slobby, lazy hunters. And then you want to preach about respect for other hunters?

And auto, what kind of crap are you spouting when you threaten somebody with their car being 'jacked with' or them being shot at? Oh, I know, you didn't say YOU'D do it, but then again I refer back to the reaction to our Canadian friend's post about the lack of control over who sets up right next to you while the first flight is due in. Seems for a person to even mention such lack of control of their 'spot' is to invite an azz-whoopin'? Good thing I make a point to know the GW's where I hunt AND have speed dial on my phone I guess. Just a tip for you from somebody who has seen the ugly side before-take the time to jot down the license plates of the cars near where you park, heck, take pics with your digital camera. That kinda stuff sure can come in handy when it's time to throw something BACK in somebody's face...but I digress!

What we have here I think is an overall frustration at the overcrowded conditions that happen on public lakes. I don't hunt ducks much anymore, but when I did I didn't tell all my secrets when it came to the spots I liked. However, I NEVER treated anybody badly for asking me where I hunted! We used to hunt Texoma a bunch, and I never felt uncomfortable disclosing that. Not much more than that BTW, but that's all most ever wanted to know anyway and I didn't see the harm in naming a lake when I knew it would still take tons of work to find a good spot. But what I certainly knew is that folks would be in places I wouldn't want them from time to time! If you want to control things that badly I can guarantee you that you're in for nothing but frustration! Wake up and smell the coffee guys-DFW is STILL growing leaps and bounds. With all that population comes hunters from other places. Some of those hunters came from crowded conditions, and have either adapted their own advantages, or just got used to having to hunt closer to somebody else than they liked. Perfect example was a guy I talked to some years back who usually set up in good spots that were typically crowded. He had a whole routine to deal with it TO HIS ADVANTAGE. It was everything from calling to decoy spreads..oops, that's what most of duck hunting is..maybe THAT is the big secret that shouldn't be revealed!!

I'm sure there are some that stroll into the THF to find whatever tips they can to try to even their odds a bit, or just to plain jump in on somebody's action. There might be a goodly number of 'barneys' doing just that, but how many good folks get run completely off the THF because they come in to this section and get villified and run down based on no knowledge of who they are, but just because they wanted to know if anybody's been having luck on some lake? What if they just wanted to start out duck hunting and got treated that way? We want to increase the numbers of people hunting because that helps our sport, but I guess that's just if they're NOT wanting to hunt ducks? And is your spot on the lake THAT easy for barney to splashdown into the first time he sets eyes on the lake he heard the ducks were this week? Maybe you should send barney to the next cove over so he can scare all those ducks into your cove..that's a 'screw your neighbor' game! Last I saw somebody zipping around the lake aimlessly it worked to our advantage, so maybe barney helped us that day, hard to say. But whether he's BARNEY, or just some interloper that horns in on your action because he can scout just as good as you, you better be ready for him because he's here right now, his brother is on the way, and his cousin is packing right now.



"Providence protects children and idiots. I know because I have tested it" -Mark Twain

Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: pyledriver] #257123 11/21/07 03:55 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 241
A
auto Offline
Woodsman
Offline
Woodsman
A
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 241
Quote:



And auto, what kind of crap are you spouting when you threaten somebody with their car being 'jacked with' or them being shot at? Oh, I know, you didn't say YOU'D do it, but then again I refer back to the reaction to our Canadian friend's post about the lack of control over who sets up right next to you while the first flight is due in. Seems for a person to even mention such lack of control of their 'spot' is to invite an azz-whoopin'? Good thing I make a point to know the GW's where I hunt AND have speed dial on my phone I guess. Just a tip for you from somebody who has seen the ugly side before-take the time to jot down the license plates of the cars near where you park, heck, take pics with your digital camera. That kinda stuff sure can come in handy when it's time to throw something BACK in somebody's face...but I digress!

What we have here I think is an overall frustration at the overcrowded conditions that happen on public lakes. I don't hunt ducks much anymore, but when I did I didn't tell all my secrets when it came to the spots I liked. However, I NEVER treated anybody badly for asking me where I hunted!





I didn't mention anything that I would do, just some of the thing I have seen, and your not the only one with the GW's in the phone list.

I will state you will not have a productive morning if you decide to hunt next to me at an unreasonably close distance becuase you could not get your [censored] out of bed as early as I did.

I would not dream of hunting close to anyone, I either get there firt, find another spot, or go home. I expect the same level of courtesy.

Next year I will not have the time to scout, so I will not hunt as much, and will employ some trips out of state.

Duck hunting is like anything else, you should do it right, or at least not interfere with those people that are attempting to be courteous.

P.S. Bedtime, I have to get to spot early on Texoma, so some NTAC airboat guide doesnt' think his decoys saved him a spot


Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: Guy] #257124 11/21/07 03:56 AM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 52
D
duke1069 Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 52
This is how I see it! I was blasted for my 1st post on here when I asked for info. All of you guys who jump on newbies for naming lakes need to realize that some of us do not know what is taboo on here. I don't have anyone to "show me the in's & outs of duck hunting" so I am learning the best way I know how which is to ask questions. If you would just tell us that we shouldn't name lakes without all the sarcastic responses then we could learn from our mistakes without feeling belittled. Personally I can take it but at the same time I worry everytime I post something on here or ask a queation about hunting I am gonna get blasted and called "Barney". Even guy's with thick skin get tired of being told they are a dumb@#$% all the time.

Having said all that if they continue to name lakes etc.... then by all means bash away

I hope everybody has a Happy Thanksgiving
Duke1069 out!!!!!!!!!


Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: duke1069] #257125 11/21/07 04:08 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,979
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,979
Quote:

This is how I see it! I was blasted for my 1st post on here when I asked for info. All of you guys who jump on newbies for naming lakes need to realize that some of us do not know what is taboo on here. I don't have anyone to "show me the in's & outs of duck hunting" so I am learning the best way I know how which is to ask questions. If you would just tell us that we shouldn't name lakes without all the sarcastic responses then we could learn from our mistakes without feeling belittled. Personally I can take it but at the same time I worry everytime I post something on here or ask a queation about hunting I am gonna get blasted and called "Barney". Even guy's with thick skin get tired of being told they are a [Email]dumb@#$%[/Email] all the time.

Having said all that if they continue to name lakes etc.... then by all means bash away

I hope everybody has a Happy Thanksgiving
Duke1069 out!!!!!!!!!



Yeah, that is a good point, we need to be nice to the green horns, but blast the rest. j/k, everyone needs to be nice, it is not that hard if you try.


Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: auto] #257126 11/21/07 04:39 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,402
C
cannon88 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
C
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,402
Quote:

Quote:

. But then again, it's public land and if i want to set up 75 yards down the shoreline from you, short of shooting me and hauling away my carcass, there isn't a thing that you can do about it. Maybe you should spend your money on a lease so you don't have to worry about other hunters and more over, so that you can keep your jacka*s responses to yourself.




Are you a dumbass or did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night? That attitude will get your [censored] kicked, shot, car jacked with or a miserable hunt.

I promise you there a lot of people out there that will not put up with the shiaaat you just posted. Seen it twice, once person shot down a shore line at 65 yards at some jacklegs that just flared 75 mallards, those people decided they didn't need the spot that bad.

I think Canada might be a better place for you.




Wow... take it easy brother.



texas
Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: cannon88] #257127 11/21/07 03:08 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 308
W
Will Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
W
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 308
I feel sorry for you guys that hunt around the metromess.



Always chasing grey bullets.
Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: Will] #257128 11/21/07 03:20 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,570
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,570
Quote:

I feel sorry for you guys that hunt around the metromess.




YEah and I also feel sorry for the guys that keep getting sucked into these dumbass threads. I want the last 10 minutes of my life back.



Originally Posted By: wal1809
Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!
Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: Will] #257129 11/21/07 03:22 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,690
F
FETCH_UP Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
F
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,690
Quote:

I feel sorry for you guys that hunt around the metromess.




Yeah me too....I was actually thinking of trying to go up there, stay a few weekends with my dad, try to scout a lil then take my brother and him out. I wanted to find a few lakes to look at but I dont dare ask because I dont take to being called names too well. My brother has never been duck hunting so i wanted to take him out but I think I will just put him on a plane and try to find a place to hunt down here. I always love to see the greenheads y'all shoot cuz we dont get many down here but its not worth the mess of trying to deal with all the overcrowding and piss poor attitudes, of some, not all. Good luck to all and happy thanksgiving, hope everyone shoots their limits!



[Linked Image]
HRCH ACE MH
Triple D Duck Club
Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: Will] #257130 11/21/07 03:34 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 225
D
Diezel_Rocker Offline
Woodsman
Offline
Woodsman
D
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 225
I hunt in the DFW area and every fellow duck hunter I have encountered in the field has been very courteous and respectful. Then again, I am not a jerk that goes out looking for trouble every hunt. If someone sets up too close I think the correct course of action is to walk-up and politely explain your concerns. 95% of the people will move on and have no heartburn over it. I had a couple guys tell me I was setting-up too close to them on opening day (I didnít get a good look at their location before I started putting out decoys)- I moved and wasnít pissed one bit. Then again, they didnít walkup and say ďHey Mother F----R what the hell are you doing Barney? Why donít you move before we slash your tires and kill your dog.Ē

Let the a-holes be a-holes but donít let them ruin your whole day.


Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: Will] #257131 11/21/07 03:36 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,139
R
roadgoeson20 Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
R
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,139
duke. pm coming.

guys, I guess this is the point I was making in my earlier post. It is important that we embrace new hunters. For those of you non noobs(I have been duck hunting for 10 years and I'm still learning so I guess I'm a noob). Didn't you have someone who showed you how to hunt? who taught you about the importance of respect for the game, for yourself, and for other sportsmen? I personally know I did. I grew up tracking in the woods and following my father and grandfather around and having them quiz me with hypotheticals or tracking questions. I was blessed to have that. Not everyone has the background some of us were lucky enough to have. I for one am very thankful for that. I guess its easy for me to see that around this time of year.
We as sportsmen are becoming a smaller and smaller group. The rising cost of hunting in the U.S. is effectively decimating the number of hunters each year. No amount of dollars contributed to D.U. or the N.R.A. or RMEF can effectively combat this. But more hunters can! Whether it means taking a child out who is your own, or a child who doesn't have a father to take him. or a member of the forum who is obviously looking to get involved. The hardest part(getting someone interested enough to put in the work) is already done. I personally try to take several children I know into the field every year at all times of the year for different outings, i.e. dove hunts, camping, fishing, etc. I don't have kids of my own, but I damn sure want them to be able to have the same opportunites that I had when i do have them. I think its safe to say that we are all generally have the same passionate feelings for the outdoors and hunting on this forum. Thats why we are here. Do you really want your legacy to be that you killed alot of ducks by yourself in a place nobody else ever got to see? If so, then so be it. Now there may be other people that disagree with my views, and thats fine. they are simply my opinions. But there is no arguing that we need to be embracing potentialhunters and doing all we can to help and keep them interested. It makes me sick to see potential hunters treated so poorly. Like he said, he was blasted for doing something that he honestly didn't know was a taboo for forum members. A polite no comment or a pm explaining why we generally don't talk about spots is probably the best, and most effective way to handle this guys. JMO.

Have a wonderful thanksgiving and take some time to think about all you have been blessed with as you watch the sunrise in the background of cupped ducks this weekend.


Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: FETCH_UP] #257132 11/21/07 03:42 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,570
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,570
Quote:

Quote:

I feel sorry for you guys that hunt around the metromess.




Yeah me too....I was actually thinking of trying to go up there, stay a few weekends with my dad, try to scout a lil then take my brother and him out. I wanted to find a few lakes to look at but I dont dare ask because I dont take to being called names too well. My brother has never been duck hunting so i wanted to take him out but I think I will just put him on a plane and try to find a place to hunt down here. I always love to see the greenheads y'all shoot cuz we dont get many down here but its not worth the mess of trying to deal with all the overcrowding and piss poor attitudes, of some, not all. Good luck to all and happy thanksgiving, hope everyone shoots their limits!




I would not ask in a public forum...I'd just ask people I know that lived up there...or if they don't hunt I'd PM some guys on here that I've become forum friends with. The use of some social skills can go a long way.



Originally Posted By: wal1809
Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!
Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: Marcstar] #257133 11/21/07 03:43 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,139
R
roadgoeson20 Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
R
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,139
fetch up.

drop me a pm. maybe i can help.


Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: Marcstar] #257134 11/21/07 03:53 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,977
B
bhunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
B
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,977
Quote:

Quote:

I feel sorry for you guys that hunt around the metromess.




YEah and I also feel sorry for the guys that keep getting sucked into these dumbass threads. I want the last 10 minutes of my life back.




im telling ya, i may have been a little harsh and i apolgize, maybe that will get my ten minutes back. probably not!!!

after some thought i have come to the conclusion that no matter how hard you cry, yell, or badmouth folks your not going to stop them from finding out on their own, knowledge is power; this said there is a fifty-fifty chance that they may set up next to you, beat you to your spot, or call just as bad as you or i. cant stop the wheels from turning!!!



ROY

B.O.H.I.C.A.

"BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES!!!!"

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY"

http://www.parkerpwr.com/
Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: Marcstar] #257135 11/21/07 04:20 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,979
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 33,979
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I feel sorry for you guys that hunt around the metromess.




Yeah me too....I was actually thinking of trying to go up there, stay a few weekends with my dad, try to scout a lil then take my brother and him out. I wanted to find a few lakes to look at but I dont dare ask because I dont take to being called names too well. My brother has never been duck hunting so i wanted to take him out but I think I will just put him on a plane and try to find a place to hunt down here. I always love to see the greenheads y'all shoot cuz we dont get many down here but its not worth the mess of trying to deal with all the overcrowding and piss poor attitudes, of some, not all. Good luck to all and happy thanksgiving, hope everyone shoots their limits!




I would not ask in a public forum...I'd just ask people I know that lived up there...or if they don't hunt I'd PM some guys on here that I've become forum friends with. The use of some social skills can go a long way.



That is actually the best post I have seen on this debate. Kinda like farting on the elevator, you are free to do it, but a lot of folks don't like the smell and will say something and/or give you a hard time. The use of some social skills can go a long way.


Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: Guy] #257136 11/21/07 04:25 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,139
R
roadgoeson20 Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
R
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,139
Guy. This sounds like an experiment someone should do. hint hint. I personally would venture to guess that less than 5 percent of the people would comment. giggles dont count as comments byt he way. ok folks. who is willing to fart on 100 elevators and log it. Its for science!!


Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: Marcstar] #257137 11/21/07 04:33 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,690
F
FETCH_UP Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
F
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,690





I would not ask in a public forum...I'd just ask people I know that lived up there...or if they don't hunt I'd PM some guys on here that I've become forum friends with. The use of some social skills can go a long way.




The only people I do know up there is my dad and brother and like i stated they dont really duck hunt, thats also why I havent asked here. Roadgoeson, pm sent...thanks



[Linked Image]
HRCH ACE MH
Triple D Duck Club
Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: FETCH_UP] #257138 11/21/07 05:01 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,570
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,570
Quote:






I would not ask in a public forum...I'd just ask people I know that lived up there...or if they don't hunt I'd PM some guys on here that I've become forum friends with. The use of some social skills can go a long way.




The only people I do know up there is my dad and brother and like i stated they dont really duck hunt, thats also why I havent asked here. Roadgoeson, pm sent...thanks




So work at making some friends. One way or the other you have to put in some effort. But you know that and you'll be fine...gl.



Originally Posted By: wal1809
Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!
Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: Marcstar] #257139 11/21/07 05:22 PM
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,796
F
fastliberator Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
F
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,796
I am glad it isn't this way on the coast in public areas. This sounds like little kids argueing about whos toy it is. I can see why hunters arent being brought into this sport.

Fetch I will call you after this weekend, we need to go kill a few ducks!
i



Those of you who do not stand behind our millitary, please stand in front of it!!!
Re: Luck at Lewisville? [Re: Marcstar] #257140 11/21/07 05:23 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 32
B
B.K.S. Offline
Light Foot
Offline
Light Foot
B
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 32
Funny that one of the scouting ideas mentioned in a DU article a while back was to use internet forums along with scouting to help folks locate birds.If you don't like the way some go about getting info ignore them,this is a public forum,not one for just a select few.JMO.



B.K.S.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3