Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Re: NFL Draft tonight. Concho 2 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Wild theory.

Is Nix or Penix in 1st round a better pick than a 3rd round Spencer Rattler? Time will tell.

They are all close to the same, Penix is the best deep ball thrower.
48 755 Read More
Migratory Bird Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Bois d’Arc Lake Jimbo1 3 minutes ago
Already tv commercials selling "lakefront" property starting at $99.9k!
38 2,525 Read More
Re: I used to think what a consenting adult consumes is their business Concho 4 minutes ago
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
When I drink I feel horrible the next day. If a eat a gummie then I feel perfectly normal the next day. Judge how you will.

You’re not repairing whatever the problem is with either one of those. Treating a symptom of a condition with a street drug is a dirty bandage at best.

Spot On.
48 1,596 Read More
Re: age ain't for sissies reeltexan 7 minutes ago

Working out and exercise really helps me with that.
17 574 Read More
Firearms Sales, Trades and Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: +++Gunsmith East of Dallas to Port a P365x Macro???+++ DeckArtist 9 minutes ago
If Johnny at BackForty Guns in Commerce is taking on new work, he is the one I recommend. He is reasonable and does excellent work. He does it all himself [he has a full machine shop and even stipples metal frame pistols]

He has done several projects for me including all the custom work on my TZ-75.

903-272-4404 He is also a Sheriff in Cumby so it may take him sometime to respond.
5 175 Read More
Re: Boat lift? Ramsey 15 minutes ago
Originally Posted by syncerus
Sounds like a plan. The question was a sanity check more than anything else. Ah, the price we pay for our toys.

Hell its cheaper than the cost of divorce and you cant ride anymore!!
6 226 Read More
Pistols for Sale or Trade - PM ONLY Clayt 15 minutes ago
I WILL ONLY RESPOND TO PRIVATE MESSAGES. I DO NOT GET NOTIFICATIONS FOR THREAD POSTS (FORUM GLITCH). I also don't get PM notifications, but will check inbox periodically.
For Sale or Trade. Godley, TX. Would rather sell but message specific trade offers. LTC preferred for transfer and 4473 form required. Thanks for looking!

Ruger LCR .38 Spl +P with 1.75 inch barrel. Gun appears as new in original box with all paperwork and soft case. $460
[Linked Image]

S&W Model 36 .38 Spl with 1.75 inch barrel. Gun appears as new or refinished with no visible bluing wear except has ring on cylinder. Has Hogue grips and also original wood grips. $535
[Linked Image]

S&W Model 29-3 .44 Magnum in very good condition, bluing is excellent. Pachmyer grips. $975
[Linked Image]

Glock 23 .40s&w in very good condition. 1 mag and box. $410
[Linked Image]

Glock 20 G3 10mm auto in very good condition 2 mags, paddle holster, and box. $560
[Linked Image]

Kel Tec PMR30 .22 mag in like new condition. 3 or 4 mags (will confirm), light not include in price $450
[Linked Image]

Beretta Pico .380 in very good condition with soft case and 2 or 3 mags (will confirm) $335
[Linked Image]

Taurus PT840 .40 s&w in good condition. 1 mag $260
[Linked Image]

Ruger New Model Blackhawk .44 mag in very good condition. Has "Fifty Years of .44 Magnum 1956 to 2006" inscribed on barrel. Adjustable sights. $685
[Linked Image]

Auto Ordinance 1911.45 ACP GI replica in very good condition. 1 mag. $539
[Linked Image]

Taurus PT709 slim 9mm with crimson trace laser in very good condition 1 mag. $340
[img]https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/pics/userpics/2024/04/full-73358-419060-img_5201.jpg[/img]

Smith & Wesson SW40VE .40 s&w in very good condition $310
[img]https://texashuntingforum.com/forum...7_1800x1135_1000000000_center_ffffff.jpg[/img]
0 25 Read More
Re: PSA - Comfort QT is open bigbob_ftw 16 minutes ago
Originally Posted by 20bore
Yeah, but are the bathrooms clean?

The stores are some of the cleanest around. Good selection, they don't hire trash and they treat their employees well, but I'm biased.
11 262 Read More
Photos & Videos Jump to new posts
Re: Box Turtle..... chalet 24 minutes ago
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
I typically move 6-20+ a year out of the road. Lots of them around here.

If I find them in a fairly urban or busy area I release them in the woods behind our house.

Do the same with snakes. Have released a rough green snake and a couple of hognose snakes here last year.

Had a Texas rat snake and a speckled king released this week….no turtles this year yet.

I'm not sure if the information is accurate but have read that it is a bad idea to relocate turtles.

https://citywildlife.org/odyssey-of-an-urban-box-turtle/#:~:text=NEVER%20DISTURB%2C%20PICK%20UP%20%2C%20OR,left%20where%20they%20are%20found.
7 291 Read More
Open Hunting Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: TPWD Public comments blancobuster 28 minutes ago
Originally Posted by DUKFVR
[quote=blancobuster][quote=DUKFVR][quote=blancobuster][quote=DUKFVR]

I will agree with you on some of them caring. Especially The boots on the ground guys & guys & gals down from the top. Tough to make everyone happy ,but if you are from Tx and have seen some of the things tpwd commission has done lately you can understand how some of us feel.
Have a Good Day!

I am from Texas and I have a lease back home still but will admit I don't pay much attention to what goes happens down there. Compared to everywhere else I hunt Texas is kind of the the wild west relative to other states in terms of hunting. Nowhere else in the USA and maybe the world is there a comparable state with the variety and year round seasons to hunt. I am also probably slightly biased studying wildlife in school and so fully indoctrinated into the North American model. We are probably more in agreement than it originally seemed though if you can appreciate the boots on the ground. Here in Colorado we truly do have a delusional politically driven wildlife commission....and I don't think half of them would take much consideration an eloquently written comment that was counter to their personal position. But the people who collate and deliver those comments to the commission likely do care and take their jobs seriously.

You have a great day as well, sorry for being an azzclown !!!
24 982 Read More
Rifles, Shotguns & Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Kid's shotgun txtrophy85 33 minutes ago
A lot of parents don’t want to invest money into getting kids starter gear, they go the cheapest route and then wonder why the kid gets frustrated and has no interest. A single shot .410 is about the worst. You can give a kid if he is going to shoot anything other than cans or squirrels sitting in a tree.

Shooting a shotgun is completely different than shooting a rifle. Just like a golf club or a baseball bat, if it doesn’t fit, they are not gonna be able to hit with it.
18 532 Read More
Deer Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: How to increase antler size BOBO the Clown 34 minutes ago
Originally Posted by freerange
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Best thing I've found to increase antler size, for me, was diesel fuel.

It enabled me to drive to places that had bigger deer.

x2. You cant kill em if they aint there.

x3

In Op’s situation, Feed, feed, feed, feed. Make it a destination. Id supplement with ag and pellet protein and cotton seed. Year round. Season Id switch from free choice to timed
23 1,702 Read More
Re: Kimber Custom II like new with box Fishermen0105 35 minutes ago
Still available. Ttt
3 456 Read More
Taxidermy Jump to new posts
GWT - First Harvest WildThings 35 minutes ago
Young man's first duck. Early season immature teal full of pinfeathers. And they either twisted the neck or a hard mouth dog. It was torn 3/4 ways around.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 8 Read More
Re: And so the '24 cycle begins freerange 35 minutes ago
Yep
[Linked Image]
7 723 Read More
Re: Gustine, Deer highfly 36 minutes ago
Lot of hunting pressure in Comanche County. Smaller acreages and everyone hunts or has cousins that hunt or nephews or grandkids. We see most of our good bucks in Sept/Oct and they all disappear once rifle opens. Lot of road hunters and poachers too. Can get lucky in the first 2 weeks of Nov, but gets pretty tough. A 130" deer in Comanche is about the best you can hope for.
18 2,767 Read More
non-hunting CLASSIFIEDS Jump to new posts
Re: Free Gold Fish (LARGE Pond Size) cullbuck 36 minutes ago
Those oughta catch a big yella cat!
3 227 Read More
Land & Leases Jump to new posts
Re: Wanted: Mule Deer lease Creekrunner 37 minutes ago
'Thought I had a lead on a place in true, No Country For Old Men country. grin But, if my friend on here didn't misquote the acreage, it sounds postage-stamp size for out there and, I doubt the land manager contact will ever get back with me. Interesting history though of a place that it looks like someone thought they'd try to create another Luckenbach...in the middle of BFE. roflmao
30 4,196 Read More
Health & Fitness Jump to new posts
Re: Tirzepatide/Munjaro Jimbo1 44 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
two months down, lost 36lbs.

Only "bad" side-effect is the constipation which my colorectal Doc said drink MiraLAX every day.

Not much interest in eating or drinking alcohol.

I only lost 1lb this week. This is normal. Some say I need to increase my food and increase walking. Stationary bike.

I see my Fat Doctor tomorrow, probably move me up to the next dose.

stay tuned if you care juggle

Keep going Buzz. I'm interested in how this works out.
27 1,427 Read More
Re: Cant stop watching Battle of Network Stars. 71Rcode 48 minutes ago
Man that was such a player back in the day. About watching our favorite actors and actresses compete. There was nothing quite (me being 10) like seeing Lynda Carter in a one piece swimsuit! Or Robert Conrad lose his temper. And wonder what Mr Kotter was doing competing! So great
4 240 Read More
Tall Tales & Yarns Jump to new posts
Re: Funny picture thread Pope&Young 52 minutes ago
[Linked Image]
12,198 3,600,642 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Ammo and binoculars for sale brock2013 1 hour ago
All ammo sold
2 225 Read More
non-hunting CLASSIFIEDS Jump to new posts
Re: Pullets For Sale quackerback1 1 hour ago
Where are you located
1 329 Read More
Re: CD or Money Market freerange 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by scot
Originally Posted by BDB
I have a question for the experts. We have an extra business account with Bank of palestine (America) We opened it as a secondary account to our normal Chase business account ( these 2 locations are across the street from another on Town East Bld in mesquite, where we use to live) So we NEVER use that account...it has close to 10k just sitting there, not growing, not going down, I wonder if they think were dead lol, its been 10 years at least when we opened it, threw a little money in it as a backup account.

What would the experts do with it? We don't need it .....yet

Not an expert but stayed in a holiday inn once.

When you say don’t need it, this year? The next 5 years? 10+ years?

The answer could be Money Market at Vanguard or other brokerage making 5.3% totally liquid but will change as federal rates change. 1-3 years, a CD is attractive if you can lock in guaranteed over 5.

If you have 5-10 years you need to be in a total market stock fund.

People are real excited about 5% guaranteed, however the whole market is up 30% the past year. If you can accept the risk you can expect 7-10% returns annually if you don’t sell when it has a down turn.

^^^^ I like this post.
52 1,863 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Vortex Viper HST 6-24x50 AT11 1 hour ago
Lightly used scope, have had a little over a year just prefer my Leupold. Comes with Vortex caps, box, with all accessories as new. May have slight ring marks. Willing to consider trades for Glock 19x, 30, or other 9mm and 45 acp Glock models. Located in Milam County.
0 30 Read More
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide