Print Thread
Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? #9100347 08/30/24 04:23 PM
D
deerfeeder Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
D
Gladdens my heart because I have had some great and really great dogs.

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: deerfeeder] #9100402 08/30/24 06:33 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
So the animals that we shoot and eat, are they gonna be mad at us when we see them in heaven?

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: deerfeeder] #9100412 08/30/24 06:50 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Guy, no. The animals were put on earth to be governed by man, per the bible.

They know their place and their purpose for existence.

Just like the Holy Spirit being mad at you for not following its urgings and proddings because you were too focused on the world to be aware the HS was trying to help you out. They wont be mad, they see the big picture.

Btw, that might be the one and only time i actually understood the use of the pronoun they/them

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: Texas buckeye] #9100421 08/30/24 06:58 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye

Just like the Holy Spirit being mad at you for not following its urgings and proddings because you were too focused on the world to be aware the HS was trying to help you out. They wont be mad, they see the big picture.

Btw, that might be the one and only time i actually understood the use of the pronoun they/them

If dogs don't go to heaven, then I will be content to go wherever they go. My dog doesn't have a mouth full of scripture and a heart full of judgmental hate like most of the thumpers on here.

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: ntxtrapper] #9100432 08/30/24 07:07 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
If dogs don't go to heaven, then I will be content to go wherever they go. My dog doesn't have a mouth full of scripture and a heart full of judgmental hate like most of the thumpers on here.

Yeah me too. I try to model myself after my dog and wake up every morning wagging my tail.

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: deerfeeder] #9100445 08/30/24 07:30 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
I
I "believe" that the pathway to the Heavenly Gates are lined with animals, trees and plants.

Our former pets/friends are waiting inside for us!

... +++

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: deerfeeder] #9100459 08/30/24 07:51 PM
S
Stompy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Had to put a 15 yr old Lab down last week. Still pretty sad about it. Hope to see her again someday.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: deerfeeder] #9100465 08/30/24 08:00 PM
71Rcode Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
I'm sorry Stompy. Our 12-year-old mutt is going downhill fast it's already breaking my heart. Spending every minute I can with him.

NRA Life Member & GOA Member
Always interested in Marlins. Let me know what you have for sale!
Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: deerfeeder] #9100477 08/30/24 08:30 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Last time this conversation came up someone said

“I hope my dogs are in heaven but not that water buffalo I shot”

Could be off on the animal but I always laugh at that one.

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: ducknbass] #9100513 08/30/24 09:59 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ducknbass

I'm worried about getting to heaven and seeing an army of these staring me down... eek2

[Linked Image]

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: ntxtrapper] #9100514 08/30/24 09:59 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye

If only we could all be as loving and accepting as you! I can try.

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: Guy] #9100516 08/30/24 10:02 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Guy

I'm worried about getting to heaven and seeing an army of these staring me down... eek2

[Linked Image]

roflmao

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: Indianation65] #9100518 08/30/24 10:04 PM
B
Big Fitz Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by Indianation65
I "believe" that the pathway to the Heavenly Gates are lined with animals, trees and plants.

... +++

I sure hope so. We put down our 17 yo pup last week. Still tears me up.

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: ducknbass] #9100527 08/30/24 10:18 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Big Fitz
Originally Posted by Indianation65

... +++

I sure hope so. We put down our 17 yo pup last week. Still tears me up.

Way too fresh. Very sorry for y'all. We put down our Yellow (actually "Champagne" Lab) a couple of years ago. We were talking about her today in the truck. 'Wife teared up.

It's "Cape." Cape Buffalo.

Animals, although strange, are mentioned by John "The Revelator," IN Heaven, at the throne of God. (Sanctimony on here, and especially the "If you don't agree with me on every minute detail of doctrine, you're going to hell" attitude turns more people away from Christ than saves them.)

Last edited by Creekrunner; 08/30/24 10:18 PM.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: deerfeeder] #9100541 08/30/24 10:46 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Was it you creek? Cape buffalo makes more sense.

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: deerfeeder] #9100544 08/30/24 10:49 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Honestly, I can't remember, but I've sure as hell thought it. I've shot 3. And that Newfoundland moose looked pretty pissed when he "spun in." grin

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: deerfeeder] #9100549 08/30/24 10:57 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
clap great stuff sir. Just a mean hog is plenty rough for me!

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: deerfeeder] #9100595 08/31/24 01:22 AM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Just to be clear, i said no to guys question about animals we shoot being mad at us in heaven…i firmly believe animals will be in heaven as will almost all of Gods creation. I gotta ask why there are ticks and mosquitos, hopefully they wont still bite us in our heavenly bodies.

Heaven will be where God’s plan is fully fulfilled and in perfect standing. A regenerated creation where no one or nothing is at arms against anything else and all are at peace. I personally think we will be able to communicate with animals there…would be really neat to somehow communicate with beautiful monster deer and elk and all other trophy animals we look for on earth. They will be in their full glory just as we will. Imagine those conversations with your pets again…how fun

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: deerfeeder] #9100601 08/31/24 01:40 AM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
This was one of the reasons I got turned off of organized religion. The pastor of our church (and it's a big church) told me dogs don't have soul and we will never see our pets again as they don't go to heaven. And, he added we would be happy about that too. I disagreed as a 12 year old and he never spoke to me again after our discussion. Oh well. I am a firm believer that animals have souls and we will meet again.

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: deerfeeder] #9100605 08/31/24 01:54 AM
B
badger2b Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
" The Twilight Zone " The Hunt. 1962. I believe!

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
-Alexis de Tocqueville
Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: Stompy] #9100607 08/31/24 02:05 AM
A
angus1956 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
A
Originally Posted by Stompy
Had to put a 15 yr old Lab down last week. Still pretty sad about it. Hope to see her again someday.

What I did for my old girl.

[Linked Image]

I like this one.

[Linked Image]

Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: jetdad] #9100631 08/31/24 03:39 AM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by jetdad
This was one of the reasons I got turned off of organized religion. The pastor of our church (and it's a big church) told me dogs don't have soul and we will never see our pets again as they don't go to heaven. And, he added we would be happy about that too. I disagreed as a 12 year old and he never spoke to me again after our discussion. Oh well. I am a firm believer that animals have souls and we will meet again.

Then he did not know his bible very well. Scripture is clear that both man and animals received the "Breath of Life" and this is what constitutes a 'soul'. This does not mean that a pet necessarily goes to heaven as there IS distinction between Man (being a LIVING SOUL) and animals simply being 'souls'.

So I agree with you animals are 'souls'.

As concerns 'Heaven' well that is quite another subject. The Bible is clear that the body returns to dust (from which it came) and the 'Breath of Life' returns to God who gave it.

Some interpret this 'soul' to be conscious entity of ourselves, but the Bible teaches no such thing. The Bible teaches there will be Second Coming , a Judgement Day and a New Earth. What would be the point of a Judgment Day if everyone (and everything went to heaven at death)? Not everyone will have everlasting life as some believe.

It is my fervent hope that animals will be in Heaven/New Earth and I believe scripture supports that idea as well.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Ever wondered about pets going to heaven? [Re: flintknapper] #9100635 08/31/24 04:00 AM
J
jsteve Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted by flintknapper
Originally Posted by jetdad

Then he did not know his bible very well. Scripture is clear that both man and animals received the "Breath of Life" and this is what constitutes a 'soul'. This does not mean that a pet necessarily goes to heaven as there IS distinction between Man (being a LIVING SOUL) and animals simply being 'souls'.

So I agree with you animals are 'souls'.

As concerns 'Heaven' well that is quite another subject. The Bible is clear that the body returns to dust (from which it came) and the 'Breath of Life' returns to God who gave it.

Some interpret this 'soul' to be conscious entity of ourselves, but the Bible teaches no such thing. The Bible teaches there will be Second Coming , a Judgement Day and a New Earth. What would be the point of a Judgment Day if everyone (and everything went to heaven at death)? Not everyone will have everlasting life as some believe.

It is my fervent hope that animals will be in Heaven/New Earth and I believe scripture supports that idea as well.

Not everyone goes to heaven for sure, but, the soul will last forever...either in torment or in peace.

2 Thessalonians 1:6-10
In these verses, there are dire consequences for NOT obeying the gospel. What the world claims as "saved" isn't gonna cut it! Learn what it is, in an eye opening true story, "Muscle and a Shovel", by Michael Shank.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide