Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 40 of 42 1 2 38 39 40 41 42
Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: B Razorback] #9077546 07/17/24 01:19 AM
Derek Offline
Fert Squirter
Fert Squirter
Originally Posted by B Razorback
I couldn’t see any lesions. Here’s a close up picture.

Tough to see with the pic as an attachment, but I see some spots on the green leaves. This should be easy to find at nursey/feed store. It says it will cover 1500sq feet. For a curative rate I'd cut that in 1/2 and spray a qt bottle per 750sq. Way better than most if not all box store options.

https://www.fertilome.com/Product/f-stop-lawn-garden-fungicide-rts-32-oz

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Derek] #9077562 07/17/24 01:53 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by Derek
Pretty dialed in for summer now. Need to blanket with Image for some sedge. Other than that I’m pretty good

[Linked Image]

Looks great!

[Linked Image]

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9077639 07/17/24 11:38 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Need rain. My grass is getting whiny about city water.

Pass the gravy.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Derek] #9077674 07/17/24 01:23 PM
B
B Razorback Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I couldn’t see any lesions. Here’s a close up picture.

Tough to see with the pic as an attachment, but I see some spots on the green leaves. This should be easy to find at nursey/feed store. It says it will cover 1500sq feet. For a curative rate I'd cut that in 1/2 and spray a qt bottle per 750sq. Way better than most if not all box store options.

https://www.fertilome.com/Product/f-stop-lawn-garden-fungicide-rts-32-oz

Thanks I appreciate it! By chance do you know if you can use it before rain? We got a low chance tonight but a larger one coming up Sunday (thanks the Lord)

You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas! -Davy Crocket
This is duck hunting...shirts and shoes are optional
Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9077685 07/17/24 01:51 PM
Derek Offline
Fert Squirter
Fert Squirter
It's rain proof in 2 hours. Personally I like it to be on the leaf a minimum of 4 hours prior to rain

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9078044 07/18/24 02:07 AM
Derek Offline
Fert Squirter
Fert Squirter
Razorback. I'm not 100% sure that it is Dollar Spot, but what I linked is good for a lot. Fungus/Disease can be tough sometimes. What's your fertilizer and watering program look like? Dollar is one of the few that Nitrogen doesn't make it worse. I'd spray and bag your clipping the next couple mows. Most of the lawn looks healthy besides that area.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9078969 07/20/24 11:01 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
First mow with the new blade today. Kinda excited. Yes, that's weird. Tomorrow morning will be third round of Image/2nd round of Celsius WG. Next weekend is spot daubing. Weekend after that is fertilizer again.

Pass the gravy.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Derek] #9080403 07/23/24 02:59 PM
B
B Razorback Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Razorback. I'm not 100% sure that it is Dollar Spot, but what I linked is good for a lot. Fungus/Disease can be tough sometimes. What's your fertilizer and watering program look like? Dollar is one of the few that Nitrogen doesn't make it worse. I'd spray and bag your clipping the next couple mows. Most of the lawn looks healthy besides that area.

Watering 2-3x a week, roughly half inch of water per zone +/-. Fertilizing once a month with Sta Green 13-13-13, but here lately it's been 10-10-10 since I can't find the other bag. Got the Fungicide in yesterday. Going to wait until we have a solid day with no rain chances before I spray (almost sprayed it yesterday but glad I didn't because we had a pop up storm right after.) Once I spray it, how long do you think before I see if it's working?

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9080628 07/23/24 08:33 PM
Derek Offline
Fert Squirter
Fert Squirter
Recovery from any fungus can be kinda slow. You should see runners starting to fill the area in a couple of weeks. Maybe 4 weeks and you won't notice. We are in peak growth right now so hopefully it will fill in quickly. It seems to me that dollar tends to be in the same area. There is a small part in my backyard that if I'm going to get DS it's almost always there. I try and stay ahead of the game and get it treated early. The rain, high heat coming and humidity is going to be a prime recipe for disease. https://www.greencastonline.com/tools/pestoutlooks.aspx

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Derek] #9081058 07/24/24 06:17 PM
B
B Razorback Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Recovery from any fungus can be kinda slow. You should see runners starting to fill the area in a couple of weeks. Maybe 4 weeks and you won't notice. We are in peak growth right now so hopefully it will fill in quickly. It seems to me that dollar tends to be in the same area. There is a small part in my backyard that if I'm going to get DS it's almost always there. I try and stay ahead of the game and get it treated early. The rain, high heat coming and humidity is going to be a prime recipe for disease. https://www.greencastonline.com/tools/pestoutlooks.aspx

Well I'll for sure be able to tell you the timeframe now. Sprayed it yesterday so we'll see what happens!

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: B Razorback] #9081079 07/24/24 07:19 PM
Derek Offline
Fert Squirter
Fert Squirter

Well I'll for sure be able to tell you the timeframe now. Sprayed it yesterday so we'll see what happens!

I love the smell of that fungicide too.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Derek] #9081429 07/25/24 02:27 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T

I love the smell of that fungicide too.

[Linked Image]

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9082241 07/27/24 02:23 AM
Derek Offline
Fert Squirter
Fert Squirter
We’re only 3-4 weeks out from fall pre emergent time. Get your prodiamine bought and secured.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9082262 07/27/24 03:07 AM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
[Linked Image]

Mines still holding.. needs to be cut a lot shorter, but due to being uneven have to cut my Zeon Zoysia at 2”.

Hopefully next spring sand it, level it and cut a 3/4 inch.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9082310 07/27/24 11:44 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I need a recommendation for a good ivy-like ground cover for around the base of my Live Oak. It's too shady for the SA any more as the tree is probably 25' tall and wide.

But to comment to the above...

I've never taken care of so much lush Burmudagrass (my lawn was 95% St, Augustine until last summer) in my life so it's weird to me I have to cut it so tall. I use a different mower in the back (SA) than the front (mostly burmuda) but I bet my SA mower is set at least an inch lower. I have always cut my SA shorter than most people but if I do that with the burmuda, it looks bad. Guessing because of uneven terrain. I bet I have my burmuda mower set at least 2" if not higher. It gets mowed twice weekly. Once per week for the SA.

Here is the St. Augustine after six days since last mow.

[Linked Image]

Here is the Burmudagrass after two days and one extra night since last mow.

[Linked Image]

Pass the gravy.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Derek] #9082326 07/27/24 01:36 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
We’re only 3-4 weeks out from fall pre emergent time. Get your prodiamine bought and secured.

Wow....The summer has sure gone by in a hurry. Seems like it was just yesterday that I was putting it down for the spring app. Hot and dry summers last FOREVER I guess (I know). One good thing about Prodiamine 65 WDG (Generic Barricade) is that the 5 lb. jug last several years. I got it out late last year because I was waiting on a battery for my sprayer. I have 2 batteries now. smile ani

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: GasGuzzler] #9082458 07/27/24 06:30 PM
Derek Offline
Fert Squirter
Fert Squirter
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
I need a recommendation for a good ivy-like ground cover for around the base of my Live Oak. It's too shady for the SA any more as the tree is probably 25' tall and wide.

But to comment to the above...]

At my mom’s house she used Asian jasmine in the heavy shaded areas. It does great. It’s been there at least 40 years

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Derek] #9082480 07/27/24 07:17 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

But to comment to the above...]

At my mom’s house she used Asian jasmine in the heavy shaded areas. It does great. It’s been there at least 40 years

Mulch

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: 68rustbucket] #9082686 07/28/24 11:57 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

Having a little trouble finding it online in liquid form. I guess I could use granular. I'm not set up to spray more than spot treatments yet and this is my first fall in a long time actually putting effort in. Got a link or advice?

Probably my go to. I used something similar in a shaded and wet-soiled area at my last house. Now to see if I can buy any this time of year.

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Mulch

I think I need something live as there is a slope in that area that will wash mulch away. I don't mind putting some back every once and a while but where it will float to is the problem.

Pass the gravy.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9083373 07/29/24 05:40 PM
Derek Offline
Fert Squirter
Fert Squirter
I like the Lesco Stonewall sold at Lowes. Siteone also sells a Lesco Stonewall which is the same AI but a different % off it. iirc the max yearly rate of the Lowes one is 5.5lbs per 1000sq feet and water in well. So 2.75lbs per 1000 Aug 15th and Feb 15th and you're pretty well covered for grassy weeds. Depending on location you can move those dates up or back some. For DFW I like those dates. If you want to go the extra mile you can put out Gallery pre emergent too. That's for broadleafs. Good product but it's expensive. I find broadleafs easy to kill so I save the money and post ermerge kill those. Good product for flowerbeds since you're limited on herbicides in those. No pre emergent is 100% and you will have some weeds break trough, but not as bad. I'm surrounded by Dallsgrass and Bluestem. With out pre I would be screwed.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Lesco-LESC...CQalEAQYASABEgKo5vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Ol Thumper] #9083710 07/30/24 11:39 AM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Twice as much on Amazon than at Lowe's but no Lowe's close. Dang I was in Denton yesterday. Oh well, road trip I guess.

Pass the gravy.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: GasGuzzler] #9083749 07/30/24 01:05 PM
Ol Thumper Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Twice as much on Amazon than at Lowe's but no Lowe's close. Dang I was in Denton yesterday. Oh well, road trip I guess.

Where do you live exactly?

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Derek] #9084090 07/31/24 12:16 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
I like the Lesco Stonewall sold at Lowes. Siteone also sells a Lesco Stonewall which is the same AI but a different % off it. iirc the max yearly rate of the Lowes one is 5.5lbs per 1000sq feet and water in well. So 2.75lbs per 1000 Aug 15th and Feb 15th and you're pretty well covered for grassy weeds. Depending on location you can move those dates up or back some. For DFW I like those dates. If you want to go the extra mile you can put out Gallery pre emergent too. That's for broadleafs. Good product but it's expensive. I find broadleafs easy to kill so I save the money and post ermerge kill those. Good product for flowerbeds since you're limited on herbicides in those. No pre emergent is 100% and you will have some weeds break trough, but not as bad. I'm surrounded by Dallsgrass and Bluestem. With out pre I would be screwed.

Hey Derek.
What's your opinion on using Preen for flowerbeds?

FKH - Lets Go Kamelhoe
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Jimbo1] #9084123 07/31/24 01:44 AM
Derek Offline
Fert Squirter
Fert Squirter
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Hey Derek.

Love it. I try and find the extended one on clearance at walmart and TSC in fall. It's 2 pre's in one and a great flowerbed mix.

Re: THF Lawn & Landscaping Thread [Re: Derek] #9084126 07/31/24 01:48 AM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Jimbo1

Hey Derek.

Love it. I try and find the extended one on clearance at walmart and TSC in fall. It's 2 pre's in one and a great flowerbed mix.

Good to hear, I just bought a large bucket of the regular Preen. I'll look for the extended next. Thank you again.

FKH - Lets Go Kamelhoe
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Page 40 of 42 1 2 38 39 40 41 42
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide