Print Thread
Suppressors legal with new administration #9077369 07/16/24 08:43 PM
R
red stick Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
R
Anybody else thinking the reason suppressor wait time is a fraction of what it used to be is the ATF raking in all the revenue they can knowing there is a good possibility that next year they'll be declared legal? That would make it less than of a PITA to buy one not to mention no tax stamp fee. And I believe suppressor prices will fall also. Just wondering...

Re: Suppressors legal with new administration [Re: red stick] #9077372 07/16/24 08:45 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I don't think any of that. I've been seeing speculation of suppressors coming off the NFA list for 15 years, and it hasn't happened.

It think it is a rare occasion of a government entity operating efficiently.
Just wait, it will stop working efficiently again.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Suppressors legal with new administration [Re: J.G.] #9077378 07/16/24 09:00 PM
R
red stick Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
R
My thinking is Trump's second term is gonna be much different than his first time around. Ramaswamy is talking about eliminating entire departments and just making common sense decisions. And to me hearing protection is common sense.

Re: Suppressors legal with new administration [Re: red stick] #9077379 07/16/24 09:02 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
U
I would not hold my breath. But, I never thought that Roe v Wade would be overturned either. it would be great if suppressors became as easy to obtain as a new stock or a scope, but I doubt it will happen.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: Suppressors legal with new administration [Re: red stick] #9077407 07/16/24 09:41 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by red stick
Anybody else thinking the reason suppressor wait time is a fraction of what it used to be is the ATF raking in all the revenue they can knowing there is a good possibility that next year they'll be declared legal? That would make it less than of a PITA to buy one not to mention no tax stamp fee. And I believe suppressor prices will fall also. Just wondering...

No. They would like nothing more than to have silencers removed from the NFA. This isn’t speculation on my part either.

Re: Suppressors legal with new administration [Re: red stick] #9077417 07/16/24 09:49 PM
H
HicksHunter Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
If Donald "Take the guns first, due process second" Trump (+Congress) legalizes anything NFA I'll buy a suppressor for poster #69 in this thread.

Re: Suppressors legal with new administration [Re: red stick] #9077468 07/16/24 10:59 PM
J
Jbell99 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
It would be great if they get removed however I doubt that it will ever happen. For past 10+ years they have talked about it and I know several guys who said they are waiting to buy one till they get removed. My best advice is buy one now instead of waiting for them to be removed you will get the suppressor much faster!
This week I had a form 1 come back in 2 days! That’s the fastest I’ve ever had one come back, I’ve had one take up to two years. For form 4 I’ve had one come back in 4 months and two take 18 months before. I just submitted another form 4 today let’s see if I can get another quick approval!

Re: Suppressors legal with new administration [Re: HicksHunter] #9077470 07/16/24 11:07 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
U
Originally Posted by HicksHunter
If Donald "Take the guns first, due process second" Trump (+Congress) legalizes anything NFA I'll buy a suppressor for poster #69 in this thread.

I'll take you up on that and start watching really close once this thread reached around 60 posts!

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: Suppressors legal with new administration [Re: red stick] #9077532 07/17/24 12:53 AM
V
VAFish Offline
Tracker
Tracker
V

ATF doesn't get to keep the tax money they bring in, it all goes to the general fund. The ATF budget is set by congress. So it doesn't matter if they approve 1 tax stamp or 1 million tax stamps, their budget stays the same. Processing all these silencer forms is just a PITA for them.

I think they might be processing them quicker to try and stave off any legal challenge by saying a couple days wait isn't an infringement of our rights.

Last edited by VAFish; 07/17/24 12:54 AM.

"If your plan is for one year, plant rice.
If your plan is for ten years, plant trees.
If your plan is for one hundred years, educate children."
-- Confucius
Re: Suppressors legal with new administration [Re: red stick] #9077557 07/17/24 01:49 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
When you think of it from an IT stand point, AI can now upload individual eforms into NICS pretty easy. It’s just data entry from an AI stand point. So automation via AI makes perfect sense as to why it’s much quicker.

Trust can do the same but it takes longer because an actual person has to review the trust to make sure it’s a real legal trust. I think but don’t quote me Capital had an issue where its trust was messed up and they had to do a bunch of correcting and re do applications. So once a human inspects and approves trust then AI can automate into NICS etc.

In other words it’s just simple IT automation,

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: Suppressors legal with new administration [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9077560 07/17/24 01:51 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
When you think of it from an IT stand point, AI can now upload individual eforms into NICS pretty easy. It’s just data entry from an AI stand point. So automation via AI makes perfect sense as to why it’s much quicker.

Trust can do the same but it takes longer because an actual person has to review the trust to make sure it’s a real legal trust. I think but don’t quote me Capital had an issue where its trust was messed up and they had to do a bunch of correcting and re do applications. So once a human inspects and approves trust then AI can automate into NICS etc.

Are the Feds using AI? State of Texas at least TWC anyway has all but banned AI. We can’t even have a Teams Meeting with the AI assistant to take notes without getting kicked out of the meeting until we turn off the AI.

[Linked Image]

Re: Suppressors legal with new administration [Re: KRoyal] #9077581 07/17/24 02:17 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Are the Feds using AI? State of Texas at least TWC anyway has all but banned AI. We can’t even have a Teams Meeting with the AI assistant to take notes without getting kicked out of the meeting until we turn off the AI.

AI is generic for any smart data entry automation. AI in sense of copilot or ChatGPT no, but pull, plug, run. Yes . whole point of efile

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: Suppressors legal with new administration [Re: red stick] #9077594 07/17/24 02:55 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Eliminating first in first out and eFile is what sped things up more than anything.

Re: Suppressors legal with new administration [Re: red stick] #9077613 07/17/24 04:56 AM
DeRico Offline
Mobius 1
Mobius 1
The ATF was defunded $122 million back in March. So they’re hurting for money, badly.

[Linked Image]
Re: Suppressors legal with new administration [Re: VAFish] #9077616 07/17/24 07:25 AM
N
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by VAFish

ATF doesn't get to keep the tax money they bring in, it all goes to the general fund. The ATF budget is set by congress. So it doesn't matter if they approve 1 tax stamp or 1 million tax stamps, their budget stays the same. Processing all these silencer forms is just a PITA for them.

I think they might be processing them quicker to try and stave off any legal challenge by saying a couple days wait isn't an infringement of our rights.

Correct. They don’t keep tax stamp money.

Re: Suppressors legal with new administration [Re: red stick] #9077691 07/17/24 02:12 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
I don't see it happening...but would be cool if it did.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide