Print Thread
New Vortex Viper HD Lineup #9046774 05/13/24 08:35 PM
G
Gone to Texas Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
G
Vortex released a new Viper HD scope lineup that will replace the Viper HS line. Link Here

The Viper HD 3-15x44 in MRAD is going on my next hunting rig. Clean reticle, lockable turrets, illumination, HD glass, MRAD, and 22.5 oz.

I'm excited about the update and it seems like Vortex is listening to their customers.

Last edited by Gone to Texas; 05/13/24 08:38 PM.
Re: New Vortex Viper HD Lineup [Re: Gone to Texas] #9046800 05/13/24 09:11 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Gone to Texas
Vortex released a new Viper HD scope lineup that will replace the Viper HS line. Link Here

The Viper HD 3-15x44 in MRAD is going on my next hunting rig. Clean reticle, lockable turrets, illumination, HD glass, MRAD, and 22.5 oz.

I'm excited about the update and it seems like Vortex is listening to their customers.

when they can beat it on a rubber log and it not loose Zero Id think about going back. It’s basically a discounted Razor HD LHT with different reticle. Razor HD LHT was a great scope at 800, but not at today’s prices

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: New Vortex Viper HD Lineup [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9046812 05/13/24 09:38 PM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

when they can beat it on a rubber log and it not loose Zero Id think about going back. It’s basically a discounted Razor HF LHT with different reticle. Razor HD LHT was a great scope at 800, but not at today’s prices

You buy one and I'll beat it on a rubber log and let's see what happens nuts Who routinely beats their scopes on a rubber log? I treat my [censored] better than that...

Seriously...it's a budget LHT. It's heavier and the reticle isn't as good...otherwise, it appears pretty close to the LHT. I also agree with you on the @ $800 piece but I cannot find a better scope than the LHT even at $1200....specifically mean, dot reticle with at least 2 moa substension and 1 would be preferred. 19oz, locking turret and capped windage turret...illumination would be a nice bonus. It's still a unicorn, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: New Vortex Viper HD Lineup [Re: Judd] #9046838 05/13/24 10:26 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Judd

when they can beat it on a rubber log and it not loose Zero Id think about going back. It’s basically a discounted Razor HF LHT with different reticle. Razor HD LHT was a great scope at 800, but not at today’s prices

You buy one and I'll beat it on a rubber log and let's see what happens nuts Who routinely beats their scopes on a rubber log? I treat my [censored] better than that...

Seriously...it's a budget LHT. It's heavier and the reticle isn't as good...otherwise, it appears pretty close to the LHT. I also agree with you on the @ $800 piece but I cannot find a better scope than the LHT even at $1200....specifically mean, dot reticle with at least 2 moa substension and 1 would be preferred. 19oz, locking turret and capped windage turret...illumination would be a nice bonus. It's still a unicorn, unfortunately.

I’m tired of sending scopes back for warranty because they won’t hold zero. Not that I have had to send Vortex back yet, cause I haven’t but….

I think the only companies that actually test durability are NF, March and maybe Trijicon

this scope actually has really really usable mil reticle, and it’s usable at low power. That’s says a lot since I’m not a FFP fan for hunting. https://mavenbuilt.com/collections/riflescopes/products/rs1-2-2-5-15x44-ffp

Someone needs to make a scope in 2.5-(15-18)x44 with Maven SHR Mil Ret, Locking like Luppy turret , NF dependability with Swaro glass and weight <23 oz. I’d buy 5 right now

Can I get amen

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: New Vortex Viper HD Lineup [Re: Gone to Texas] #9046849 05/13/24 10:39 PM
L
LonestarCobra Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
AMEN!

Re: New Vortex Viper HD Lineup [Re: Gone to Texas] #9046871 05/13/24 11:19 PM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
AMEN!!!!!

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: New Vortex Viper HD Lineup [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9046950 05/14/24 02:38 AM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

I’m tired of sending scopes back for warranty because they won’t hold zero. Not that I have had to send Vortex back yet, cause I haven’t but….

I think the only companies that actually test durability are NF, March and maybe Trijicon

this scope actually has really really usable mil reticle, and it’s usable at low power. That’s says a lot since I’m not a FFP fan for hunting. https://mavenbuilt.com/collections/riflescopes/products/rs1-2-2-5-15x44-ffp

Someone needs to make a scope in 2.5-(15-18)x44 with Maven SHR Mil Ret, Locking like Luppy turret , NF dependability with Swaro glass and weight <23 oz. I’d buy 5 right now

Can I get amen

Amen but I would love to have that same Maven in sfp. FFP sucks for hunting

Re: New Vortex Viper HD Lineup [Re: Gone to Texas] #9046959 05/14/24 03:16 AM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
U
Patrick, funny that you say that. I won't buy a scope with any sort of hash marks for hunting unless it's FFP.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: New Vortex Viper HD Lineup [Re: Judd] #9047003 05/14/24 10:45 AM
G
Gone to Texas Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
G

Yup it seems like a budget LHT, and I'm fine with that. Like you mentioned, it's difficult to find this type of scope.

For me, it's tough finding a Mil/Mil scope in SFP. I'm very excited about this lineup and hope they have some success. Vortex sells the most scopes globally and hopefully other companies take note.

Last edited by Gone to Texas; 05/14/24 10:46 AM.
Re: New Vortex Viper HD Lineup [Re: unclebubba] #9047134 05/14/24 03:32 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Patrick, funny that you say that. I won't buy a scope with any sort of hash marks for hunting unless it's FFP.

Maven Mil is one of the only low power usable FFP I’ve set behind

[Linked Image]

Re: New Vortex Viper HD Lineup [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9047138 05/14/24 03:47 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
U

Maven Mil is one of the only low power usable FFP I’ve set behind

[Linked Image]

Yes, like that. I really like that reticle. Nightforce Mil-c F1 is another one that I really like and is tops on my list of scopes to buy in the future. I have a Crimson Trace 5 series scope with the MR1-Mil reticle that works very well too.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: New Vortex Viper HD Lineup [Re: unclebubba] #9047158 05/14/24 04:49 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

It's all preference, I have both

I want to see one of these in the wild
https://www.steiner-optics.com/riflescopes/t6xi-25-15x50

Re: New Vortex Viper HD Lineup [Re: Brother in-law] #9047170 05/14/24 05:56 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Brother in-law

It's all preference, I have both

I want to see one of these in the wild
https://www.steiner-optics.com/riflescopes/t6xi-25-15x50

Steiner been getting hammered on durability. but that’s on the net so who knows in reality

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide