Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Car dealer scams [Re: Uncle Zeek] #9019107 03/14/24 10:38 AM
tlk Online Happy OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
Originally Posted by tlk

So I posted a thread a few weeks ago about my horrible experience at this dealership. Then I ran across this today. EXACTLY what we experienced - somebody should sue this dealership to put a stop to this crap

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=962462045507580

https://texasdmv.my.salesforce-sites.com/Complaint/

thanks - did not know about this option

You can't fix stupid
Re: Car dealer scams [Re: Stump_jumper] #9019120 03/14/24 11:14 AM
GasGuzzler Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by unclebubba
What is someone has stolen your identity and is doing things to hurt your credit?

I would find out from the people that want their money back with interest.

Originally Posted by Stump_jumper
I encountered the bait and switch advertising at 2 dealers when shopping for a used car for my son. When I went to the first dealer and inquired about the car I saw advertised the sales lady said it was on the back lot. I said ok can you bring it up. She said no I can't drive it. I said "what" and she said it has a manual transmission. Encountered something similar at 2nd dealer when I asked about a car they advertised. Sales guy said it is on back lot and not for sale. I ended up buying a Ford Focus. When I checked the transmission fluid it was high. Drove it and it drove good and was very clean. Later I found out why they had overfilled the trans fluid.

Not sure either of those are bait and switch. The commonality of folks not being able to drive a manual transmission vehicle is increasing by the day. Not for sale? Happens all the time. Usually it's already sold because the same reasons you were attracted via the internet means others were too. Vehicle sell very quickly if it's in demand. It's very tough to be first in the internet age. Many dealers will not hold a vehicle for even a day. Whomever comes with the money first wins. Other things happen too like whomever traded it in could have made a claim to unravel the deal legally (Texas has a car purchase grace period). There's dozens of reasons such as maybe the car was found to have too many issues for retail sale.

So you bought a Focus. I am not sure how that relates to the rest of the story. What happened to the car you bought?

Pass the gravy.

Re: Car dealer scams [Re: Concho] #9019143 03/14/24 12:33 PM
S
Schooler Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
Originally Posted by Concho
I can tell you for fact that car dealerships do not appreciate or like well-informed buyers...My wife and I just completed a deal on a new truck and the salesman was fine, nice guy, and helpful...the finance guy, because he couldn't sell us a bunch of extras was not a happy camper.

We bought a new pickup and a new suburban in 2022 and were paying cash. When we went to pay at the finance department we sat in the waiting room for more than 40 minutes while not one person had a customer in their office. I finally asked a guy if I could be helped and he said sure and walked off. I had to get the sales manager to get someone to take my money. Apparently because we were paying cash nobody in finance wanted to deal with us. It was a ridiculous situation. We let the general manager know about it and he said since they knew they were t going to make any money selling us extended warranty or insurance it was hard to get them motivated to wait on us.

Re: Car dealer scams [Re: Schooler] #9019158 03/14/24 01:32 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Schooler
I can tell you for fact that car dealerships do not appreciate or like well-informed buyers...My wife and I just completed a deal on a new truck and the salesman was fine, nice guy, and helpful...the finance guy, because he couldn't sell us a bunch of extras was not a happy camper.

We bought a new pickup and a new suburban in 2022 and were paying cash. When we went to pay at the finance department we sat in the waiting room for more than 40 minutes while not one person had a customer in their office. I finally asked a guy if I could be helped and he said sure and walked off. I had to get the sales manager to get someone to take my money. Apparently because we were paying cash nobody in finance wanted to deal with us. It was a ridiculous situation. We let the general manager know about it and he said since they knew they were t going to make any money selling us extended warranty or insurance it was hard to get them motivated to wait on us.

Not Surprised.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Car dealer scams [Re: tlk] #9019196 03/14/24 02:50 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Good thing lawyers and politicians showed up. Otherwise car dealers would be the lowest form of human life on the planet.

Re: Car dealer scams [Re: tlk] #9019209 03/14/24 03:12 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Wait a minute...you mean a car dealer did something unscrupulous?

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Car dealer scams [Re: tlk] #9019219 03/14/24 03:26 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Credit score also affects insurance rates.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Car dealer scams [Re: Jgraider] #9019571 03/15/24 10:45 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Jgraider
Good thing lawyers and politicians showed up. Otherwise car dealers would be the lowest form of human life on the planet.

Insurance brokers are lower.

Pass the gravy.

Re: Car dealer scams [Re: blanked] #9019624 03/15/24 01:51 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by blanked
Who on earth memorizes there credit score????? You have to be so far in debt buying everything on credit that often . Geez. No wonder young people dont feel they have to pay off there student loans .

Gen z and millennials never fail to amaze me

I did not try to memorize mine. It was 850 for many years so not hard to remember. Only a tad lower now because I have no debt. It dropped the month after truck was paid off. BOFA sends a monthly reminder to check it. I see no sense in checking monthly. The formulas for calculating scores are a bunch of carp. After 40 years of no write offs and no missed payments mine should not be lower just because I am not currently paying on a loan.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Car dealer scams [Re: GasGuzzler] #9019714 03/15/24 05:09 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
Originally Posted by unclebubba
What is someone has stolen your identity and is doing things to hurt your credit?

I would find out from the people that want their money back with interest.

I encountered the bait and switch advertising at 2 dealers when shopping for a used car for my son. When I went to the first dealer and inquired about the car I saw advertised the sales lady said it was on the back lot. I said ok can you bring it up. She said no I can't drive it. I said "what" and she said it has a manual transmission. Encountered something similar at 2nd dealer when I asked about a car they advertised. Sales guy said it is on back lot and not for sale. I ended up buying a Ford Focus. When I checked the transmission fluid it was high. Drove it and it drove good and was very clean. Later I found out why they had overfilled the trans fluid.

Not sure either of those are bait and switch. The commonality of folks not being able to drive a manual transmission vehicle is increasing by the day. Not for sale? Happens all the time. Usually it's already sold because the same reasons you were attracted via the internet means others were too. Vehicle sell very quickly if it's in demand. It's very tough to be first in the internet age. Many dealers will not hold a vehicle for even a day. Whomever comes with the money first wins. Other things happen too like whomever traded it in could have made a claim to unravel the deal legally (Texas has a car purchase grace period). There's dozens of reasons such as maybe the car was found to have too many issues for retail sale.

So you bought a Focus. I am not sure how that relates to the rest of the story. What happened to the car you bought?

It is bait and switch when dealers advertise vehicles that are not sellable or when they leave off key things like a manual transmission. I knew better and should not have bought the Focus. Transmission was overfilled to cover up shifting issues.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Car dealer scams [Re: tlk] #9019827 03/15/24 08:37 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
We’ve had nothing but good dealings with Holiday in Whitesboro! Purchased half a dozen vehicles over the past few years (us and family/friends). Just picked up our new Ford Expedition Timberline we ordered last year. Waiting for our Ford Transit Trail to be delivered that we also ordered last year. Both will be our vacation/road trip vehicles for the next few years

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Car dealer scams [Re: Stump_jumper] #9020077 03/16/24 09:13 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
It is bait and switch when dealers advertise vehicles that are not sellable or when they leave off key things like a manual transmission. I knew better and should not have bought the Focus. Transmission was overfilled to cover up shifting issues.

Oh...you never said they did not mention the manual transmission in the ad. That's still not bait and switch, it's leaving out important information. Not an excuse but another possible explanation: Many dealerships pay a subcontractor to take photos and list vehicles for sale on the internet. This causes a lag in web accuracy depending on several factors. Is this right? Not really. Is it bait and switch (a specific tactic)? Not usually.

Overfilling a transmission covers up nothing in the way of operational issues.

Pass the gravy.

Re: Car dealer scams [Re: tlk] #9020416 03/17/24 12:55 AM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Have bought 9 new Fords in the last 15 years. 2 Dealerships. 5 in La Grange when i had the Ranchito over there and 4 in Marble Falls. . Do it over the phone and have them email the Drive Out price contract so I know what it is. ..I have my own Financing. Get the two together,, Bank and Dealership and set up papers. Always in and out in 15 or 20 minutes. Bought Wife a new Expedition last fall. Going to get me a new Super Duty this summer. Never go in but to sign. Always go to the Sales Manager and figure out the deal.. That's always worked for us.

Re: Car dealer scams [Re: glens] #9020557 03/17/24 12:41 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by glens
Have bought 9 new Fords in the last 15 years. 2 Dealerships. 5 in La Grange when i had the Ranchito over there and 4 in Marble Falls. . Do it over the phone and have them email the Drive Out price contract so I know what it is. ..I have my own Financing. Get the two together,, Bank and Dealership and set up papers. Always in and out in 15 or 20 minutes. Bought Wife a new Expedition last fall. Going to get me a new Super Duty this summer. Never go in but to sign. Always go to the Sales Manager and figure out the deal.. That's always worked for us.

Works well when you buy that often.

Pass the gravy.

Re: Car dealer scams [Re: Schooler] #9020649 03/17/24 04:30 PM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Schooler

2017 I bought my F250 from Prestige. Talked it over with the GM over phone, final price to the penny. Walked in to write the check and drive away. Some salesman tried to hit me with "dealer prep fee and 2 or 3 other bs charges. I told my wife lets go...as we were walking toward the door he yells wait wait.....comes back with the right number. So we finalize everything and I drive it home......I have NEVER heard from Prestige Ford sense then. I screwed them out of their finance money so they apparently have no use for me.

I'll never buy from them again.

Re: Car dealer scams [Re: tlk] #9020953 03/18/24 12:29 PM
R
RLoving1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Watch TK's garage on youtube. Kinda scary and sad what he talks about dealers doing. Dodge Demon with 200K dealer adjustment, and selling special orders out from under customers!?

Brayden (Lazy L's Southern Comfort) you will be missed! You were more than a pet you were my reason to rise and return for many days! You were my rock!
12/26/03-10/25/13
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide