Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Lock Cut #9014591 03/04/24 12:12 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
on my cargo trailer. Lost two Badlands packs, one large and one a day size, 100' yellow RV/Heavy duty extension cord and three knives. A few other things but these are the most identifiable items.

One of the knives I lost is one of a kind, a Stic fixed blade that I removed the scales from and had a maker craft custom scales from textured blaze orange micarta. Also lost a fixed blade Buck, I believe it was a 102, probably 50 years old but in great shape.

This took place a week or so ago, Lewisville/Flower Mound area. You see anything like these items for sale anywhere please let me know. Longshot, I know. May get lucky.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Lock Cut [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9014595 03/04/24 12:15 PM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Bummer hope you catch the POS that did it. Hate thieves!

texas flag

Re: Lock Cut [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9014652 03/04/24 02:11 PM
T
TLew Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
Sorry to hear it -- hope they get caught

Re: Lock Cut [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9015051 03/05/24 04:34 AM
D
dkershen Offline
Rev Dave
Rev Dave
D
Got to hate a thief. Losing that custom STIC would be a real crotch kick. Love Franks handy work. And the thief has zero idea what he’s got.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Lock Cut [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9015081 03/05/24 11:19 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Sucks

Re: Lock Cut [Re: dkershen] #9015123 03/05/24 01:10 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by dkershen
Got to hate a thief. Losing that custom STIC would be a real crotch kick. Love Franks handy work. And the thief has zero idea what he’s got.

Very True. I bought the Stic for the steel from a forum member. Had another forum member make and attach the scales to make it a very useful skinning knife. I wanted to be able to find it if I dropped it and non slip if it got bloody. I asked for blaze orange micarta and requested that he texture them for a good grip. It wasn't as if this stuff was crazy expensive, total loss about 1k. But there's the time and effort to put this stuff together and make it my own. Like the zip loc bag of everything you need to field dress and tag a kill, the perfect hydration bladder for the bad lands, the shooting bag I bought from Senior while at his Hunters Challenge..........

I did see an identical Yellow, Heavy Duty/RV type extension cord for sale on Facebook Market place. I believe mine was actually 50', not 100' as posted. May chase that down.

Re: Lock Cut [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9015899 03/06/24 10:48 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
I hate hearing this. You made a nice custom trailer. I'm guessing utv was not in it, Where was trailer? driveway, backyard, fenced, storage place?

Re: Lock Cut [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9015964 03/07/24 12:04 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Trailer with a lock is like a beacon for tweaker thieves.

Sorry that happened.

To be determined
Re: Lock Cut [Re: Always ready 2 hunt] #9015975 03/07/24 12:30 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Always ready 2 hunt
I hate hearing this. You made a nice custom trailer. I'm guessing utv was not in it, Where was trailer? driveway, backyard, fenced, storage place?

Driveway, side of house next to the rear entry garage. Ranger was locked up in garage. Detective Sargent actually called me today, I had a picture of a suspect that I took a couple of weeks before break in and he asked me to send it to him. The suspicious person and me getting his picture is a story all of it's own.

Re: Lock Cut [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9016352 03/07/24 06:31 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
That sucks. Some thieves are real idiots. We had some in my area hitting unlocked vehicles. Left mine unlocked 1 night. They took little air compressor but did not get the cord that fits it and battery quit working years ago. They also got my floor jack in case, a $5 bill, and scratched up pair of sunglasses. Left behind 2 knives, a bunch of CDs, a bottle of 60 to 70 quarters and 30' nylon tow strap. Good thing my amp is secured to the floor and sub woofer is behind the back seat.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Lock Cut [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9016361 03/07/24 06:46 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
find some of these for locking stuff up, no bolt cutters will touch it, has to be a grinder which is very noisy.

been using this style for about 20 yrs. and never had a problem with people trying to get past them.

[Linked Image]

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: Lock Cut [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9016404 03/07/24 08:48 PM
G
gtrich94 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Many years ago some loser stole the equipment trailer for our Peewee football team. They drove it to what they thought was an empty house, parked it in their driveway, and cut off the lock. In addition to breaking the lock, they also broke the hinge the lock was on. The owner of the house saw the trailer in their driveway the next morning and called it into the police. So you can use a giant lock, but on most trailers, the lock hinge itself is pretty flimsy and easy to break off the trailer. Also, battery operated grinders are super cheap and can grind through most locks in a few seconds.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: Lock Cut [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9016436 03/07/24 10:17 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
This is a really good, well built cargo trailer. I'm glad they cut the lock and didn't use a crow bar on the door.

Police contacted me again today for add'l. info. Looks like they have a good shot of identifying a potential suspect that I gave them a picture of. Here's what happened, as I included in the statement I sent to the detective today:

On 2-10-24 at approximately 5:45 PM while at my home address an individual engaged me in conversation as I was washing my Polaris Ranger
which was parked behind my 16'; cargo trailer attached to my truck. The individual was approximately 25 yoa, 6';1", 185 lbs, brown hair covering ears
to back collar in length. I have provided a very identifiable photo separately of this person. This person was walking in the street and asked me in a
friendly manner what I was doing and what was in my trailer. I didn't provide any details of the contents of my trailer but told him I was cleaning up
from a hunting trip, and asked who he was and what he was doing in the neighborhood. He told me he was selling solar panels. I asked him who he
worked for and where he was from. He told me he was from North Texas, I asked what town, and I believe he answered Pottsboro. He asked me
once again about my trailer and what kind of work I was doing, and what may be in the trailer. I told him "I live here"; and there was nothing in the
trailer he needed to know about, to which he answered,"oh, just your own stuff" or something to that effect.
I found him to be awkward, and very curious about my trailer and what may be in it. As I moved to the alley he was walking away. Once in the alley,
I saw a second individual of about the same age not recognized by myself. He was walking down the alley, immediately across a short chain link
fence on the school property and looking toward my house and garage. I became suspicious of the person that questioned me about my trailer and
it's contents. I decided it would be a good to get a picture for identification purposes and to perhaps deter him from stealing form me at a later time.
I found him talking to a home owner at XXXX Sunset Path. I parked, exited my vehicle and walked to within about 10' of him and took the photo
previously provided. The homeowner is also shown in the picture. The homeowner became visibly annoyed and asked why I took the pic. I
explained that the individual was suspicious and was very curious about my property and what may be in my trailer. He told me I was over reacting
and to go xxck myself. The suspicious person then looked at me and said, "XXck You XXtch". I found it odd that the home owner would be so angry
and defensive of this obviously fake door to door salesman. I wished them a nice day and left. I then called the Lewisville Police Department and
asked them if they could make contact with this person. Please see Call for Service # 240012209. Officer Brad called me while he was looking for
this person, but to my knowledge he was unable to make contact with him.
Approximately 2 weeks later I suffered a theft of property from my trailer. A lock was cut. This is detailed in case # xxxxxxx.

Don't know if he's involved or not, but it's worth a shot. He definitely was casing the neighborhood and knocking on selective doors.

Re: Lock Cut [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9016445 03/07/24 10:37 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
This is a really good, well built cargo trailer. I'm glad they cut the lock and didn't use a crow bar on the door.

Police contacted me again today for add'l. info. Looks like they have a good shot of identifying a potential suspect that I gave them a picture of. Here's what happened, as I included in the statement I sent to the detective today:

On 2-10-24 at approximately 5:45 PM while at my home address an individual engaged me in conversation as I was washing my Polaris Ranger
which was parked behind my 16'; cargo trailer attached to my truck. The individual was approximately 25 yoa, 6';1", 185 lbs, brown hair covering ears
to back collar in length. I have provided a very identifiable photo separately of this person. This person was walking in the street and asked me in a
friendly manner what I was doing and what was in my trailer. I didn't provide any details of the contents of my trailer but told him I was cleaning up
from a hunting trip, and asked who he was and what he was doing in the neighborhood. He told me he was selling solar panels. I asked him who he
worked for and where he was from. He told me he was from North Texas, I asked what town, and I believe he answered Pottsboro. He asked me
once again about my trailer and what kind of work I was doing, and what may be in the trailer. I told him "I live here"; and there was nothing in the
trailer he needed to know about, to which he answered,"oh, just your own stuff" or something to that effect.
I found him to be awkward, and very curious about my trailer and what may be in it. As I moved to the alley he was walking away. Once in the alley,
I saw a second individual of about the same age not recognized by myself. He was walking down the alley, immediately across a short chain link
fence on the school property and looking toward my house and garage. I became suspicious of the person that questioned me about my trailer and
it's contents. I decided it would be a good to get a picture for identification purposes and to perhaps deter him from stealing form me at a later time.
I found him talking to a home owner at XXXX Sunset Path. I parked, exited my vehicle and walked to within about 10' of him and took the photo
previously provided. The homeowner is also shown in the picture. The homeowner became visibly annoyed and asked why I took the pic. I
explained that the individual was suspicious and was very curious about my property and what may be in my trailer. He told me I was over reacting
and to go xxck myself. The suspicious person then looked at me and said, "XXck You XXtch". I found it odd that the home owner would be so angry
and defensive of this obviously fake door to door salesman. I wished them a nice day and left. I then called the Lewisville Police Department and
asked them if they could make contact with this person. Please see Call for Service # 240012209. Officer Brad called me while he was looking for
this person, but to my knowledge he was unable to make contact with him.
Approximately 2 weeks later I suffered a theft of property from my trailer. A lock was cut. This is detailed in case # xxxxxxx.

Don't know if he's involved or not, but it's worth a shot. He definitely was casing the neighborhood and knocking on selective doors.

These guys would be proud of you.

[Linked Image]

To be determined
Re: Lock Cut [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9016447 03/07/24 10:48 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
These guys were not. The "solar panel salesman" is the one in the Jesus Saves pullover.
[Linked Image]
It's what happened, I just typed it out.

Last edited by onlysmith&wesson; 03/07/24 10:49 PM.

Re: Lock Cut [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9016448 03/07/24 10:49 PM
C
chalet Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Is that a man or a woman?

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: Lock Cut [Re: chalet] #9016450 03/07/24 10:51 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by chalet
Is that a man or a woman?

The "Pat from Saturday Night Live" looking toad standing in the doorway is a pathetic representation of the male gender.

Re: Lock Cut [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #9017794 03/10/24 11:50 PM
U
Undercoverdog Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
U
I have nothing to offer in way of who this guy is but I worked at a plant yrs. ago that people would stop and take pictures of it when the flare was smoking. ( EPA violation) we were told as long as people were on public property like the road or Road ROW there was nothing the company or security could do about it. IDK but I think the sidewalk would fall into that category's MY OPINION. And experience. Just like when the Google Earth car takes pictures from the road or street.

Last edited by Undercoverdog; 03/11/24 12:04 AM. Reason: Google car

I ain't got a dime but what I got is mine, I ain't rich, but Lord I'm free..."

Son,If I say sic em you better find something to bite.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide