Print Thread
Foundation Companies #9008022 02/19/24 04:57 PM
T
TLew Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
T
I've been down the path of trying to solve some of our common foundation troubles here in TX...darn that clay soil. I've had folks come out, provide estimates, and revise estimates which has left me with two companies -- Pinnacle Foundation and Structured Foundation Repair. I wanted to see if the THF brain trust had any experience with either of these that was good, bad, or otherwise.

Re: Foundation Companies [Re: TLew] #9008035 02/19/24 05:21 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Structured has been around for a long time

I used to do their hydrostatic testing 20 years ago

Re: Foundation Companies [Re: TLew] #9008193 02/20/24 12:13 AM
A
angus1956 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A
When we bought our place in Gunter we used Ram Jack or Power Jack, can't remember. A lady came out set up her equipment and took reading all over the house. It was the east side that was setteling, called the company that did the work (lifetime guarantee) and they fixed it.

Re: Foundation Companies [Re: TLew] #9008223 02/20/24 01:36 AM
J
jimbob Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Structured thumbs up

Re: Foundation Companies [Re: angus1956] #9008275 02/20/24 03:23 AM
D
DannyB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by angus1956
When we bought our place in Gunter we used Ram Jack or Power Jack, can't remember. A lady came out set up her equipment and took reading all over the house. It was the east side that was setteling, called the company that did the work (lifetime guarantee) and they fixed it.

These folks are good. Even though I only used them once on a flip/remodel, they are strong in our area.

https://powerjacktexas.com/

Re: Foundation Companies [Re: TLew] #9008429 02/20/24 03:03 PM
T
TLew Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
T
Thanks folks. Anyone that has had experience with Pinnacle?

Frankly, Pinnacle came out more prepared -- in addition to using the independent structural engineering report, they did ground penetrating radar on the spot whereas Structural had that as a line item after selection and deposit. Pinnacle also wanted to use steel caps, whereas I think Structured is using concrete caps.

Re: Foundation Companies [Re: TLew] #9008430 02/20/24 03:04 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by TLew

Frankly, Pinnacle came out more prepared -- in addition to using the independent structural engineering report, they did ground penetrating radar on the spot whereas Structural had that as a line item after selection and deposit. Pinnacle also wanted to use steel caps, whereas I think Structured is using concrete caps.

Did your engineer tell you to do a water/sewer test on your house before getting any foundation work done?

Re: Foundation Companies [Re: RedRanger] #9008459 02/20/24 03:35 PM
T
TLew Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by RedRanger

Did your engineer tell you to do a water/sewer test on your house before getting any foundation work done?

Everyone says it's optional, only the independent structural engineer said it's optional but you should do it. I was already planning on the pre-lift test...no point in skimping on a few hundred dollars when you're about to shell out thousands

Re: Foundation Companies [Re: TLew] #9008546 02/20/24 06:02 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Everyone says it's optional, only the independent structural engineer said it's optional but you should do it. I was already planning on the pre-lift test...no point in skimping on a few hundred dollars when you're about to shell out thousands

Most foundation companies will not honor their warranty if you have leaks, So if you get your house lifted and it moves they will want to see report stating no leaks.

If it were me I would make sure I don't have any sanitary leaks making my house move. Get house lifted, then fix the sanitary.

You could be looking at some cash

Re: Foundation Companies [Re: RedRanger] #9008949 02/21/24 02:57 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

Most foundation companies will not honor their warranty if you have leaks, So if you get your house lifted and it moves they will want to see report stating no leaks.

If it were me I would make sure I don't have any sanitary leaks making my house move. Get house lifted, then fix the sanitary.

You could be looking at some cash

Neighbor said the company he used requires the testing yearly to keep the warranty in force. I had Olshan give me an estimate 4 years ago that I used to protest my property taxes. I have a 1-1/2" variance. Some very minor mortar issues. No window or door issues. I corrected a drainage issue on the lowest side. Just keeping an eye on it for now.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide