Print Thread
Impending terror attack? #8975306 12/19/23 07:22 PM
U
unclebubba Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
U
I was driving back from the Ranch Monday and got to thinking. How many Terror watch list people have we caught at the border recently? A couple hundred? How many made it through without being caught? But, we haven't seen any Terrorist attack lately, so are they planning one? If so, when would be the timing that would hit us hardest? That got me going down the rabbit hole even further, and I came up with a possible and scary scenario. Voting booths. What would happen if there were a bunch of attacks on election day? As Dems typically vote early, and Reps typically vote on election day (historically speaking), would that keep people away and skew results? Not trying to make this political, just recognizing how this could be disastrous.

Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: unclebubba] #8975307 12/19/23 07:29 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
how does one fuel the war machine with the citizens full approval and blank check?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: unclebubba] #8975352 12/19/23 09:16 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Not trying to be rude here at all, but this is just one of a zillion theories about things that could happen. There are literally books upon books of "fiction" that are based upon nothing more than observant people being observant and coming up with an idea and letting it run.

There is nothing wrong with having ideas and even exploring them. But to ask others to join in the fun is where most get uncomfortable.
So in response to your post and many others just like it, the short simple answer is "yes, it is possible and would be disaster"

The short but longer answer is " there are systems in place that would allow any such attack on the safeguarded and protected right to vote that any one day or multi-day event where people were disenfranchised this right would be able to exercise that right on another day or days and you better believe if given the chance the red would come out flying and vote in huge numbers'

Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: unclebubba] #8975353 12/19/23 09:22 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Eventually “Rome” will fall.

Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: unclebubba] #8975359 12/19/23 09:34 PM
D
Dave Davidson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
US and other Navy ships are getting together to thwart pirates. Wish Biden would quit welcoming everyone here.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: unclebubba] #8975369 12/19/23 10:02 PM
C
copperhead Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
They're here, the question will be what and when. They're finding IED's on the border now.

Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8975374 12/19/23 10:07 PM
U
unclebubba Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Not trying to be rude here at all, but this is just one of a zillion theories about things that could happen. There are literally books upon books of "fiction" that are based upon nothing more than observant people being observant and coming up with an idea and letting it run.

I realize that there are a zillion conspiracy theories, and this is NOT meant to be that. It's just where my mind wandered on the drive. I don't have any credible reason to believe that something like this is being planned. I do believe that the terrorists are planning something, simply because they are always planning something. The rest is just speculation.

Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: unclebubba] #8975385 12/19/23 10:30 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I intentionally left out the concept of "conspiracy theory" because what you are describing isn't a conspiracy theory, its just an idea you thought of and went with. To me a conspiracy theory is when you start trying to have others believe you and putting out stuff to make your idea seem more credible when the evidence might not be there.

So my post wasn't meant to infer you were delving into a conspiracy theory...I feel like you have an idea and just wanted to share it.

Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8975424 12/19/23 11:59 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

There is nothing wrong with having ideas and even exploring them. But to ask others to join in the fun is where most get uncomfortable.
So in response to your post and many others just like it, the short simple answer is "yes, it is possible and would be disaster"

The short but longer answer is " there are systems in place that would allow any such attack on the safeguarded and protected right to vote that any one day or multi-day event where people were disenfranchised this right would be able to exercise that right on another day or days and you better believe if given the chance the red would come out flying and vote in huge numbers'

post 911:
1)exponential spend not only to defense industry but also to governmental agencies.
2) easy governmental legislative power expansion(Like enabling spying on a Presidential Campaign)..,

History is what it is, thankfully the 911 memory and later case studies hasnt been lost with age.

not exactly the best none slanted article but has relevant budget details. This is just one agency
https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/costs/economic/budget/dhs

Not saying anyone allowed 911 I’m just highlighting the massive funding projects that followed. Im not huge believer in random windfalls

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: unclebubba] #8975425 12/20/23 12:03 AM
bigbob_ftw Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Big Sprocket Bob
It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: unclebubba] #8975458 12/20/23 01:24 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
I had a very strange dream last night that involved my children, been on my mind all day because not normal. It involved people with no regard or respect for human life. Will stop there.

Maybe someone at my local Mescin' restaurant dropped some peyote into my food at 8:30 pm. Hard dream to process.

Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8975480 12/20/23 02:10 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

post 911:
1)exponential spend not only to defense industry but also to governmental agencies.
2) easy governmental legislative power expansion(Like enabling spying on a Presidential Campaign)..,

History is what it is, thankfully the 911 memory and later case studies hasnt been lost with age.

not exactly the best none slanted article but has relevant budget details. This is just one agency
https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/costs/economic/budget/dhs

Not saying anyone allowed 911 I’m just highlighting the massive funding projects that followed. Im not huge believer in random windfalls

Not saying anyone in Govt caused 9/11, but the amount of govt folks who have gotten uber rich since then is absurd. For the last 20+ years the govt is a “get rich quick” scheme for the connected and privileged. Sad deal for us mere peons

Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: unclebubba] #8975496 12/20/23 02:38 AM
D
Dave Davidson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I was a bag man. I carried a bunch of cash to an evening party in Austin. A helluva long time ago. I stood around a minute and a guy came up and asked if I was me. I said yes. We shook hands and walked out for a smoke. I handed an envelope of cash and drove back to Cowtown. Things went our way.

Obviously, I didn’t ask for a receipt. I won’t identify the issue but 90% here would agree with what we did.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8975521 12/20/23 03:21 AM
D
DukeCigars Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

Car guy. Serial entrepreneur. Terrible golfer.
Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: unclebubba] #8975551 12/20/23 04:07 AM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
A free and open Society is vulnerable terrorism. It is the unfortunate price we pay for our freedom and why killing anyone that means us harm is in our best interest.

Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: bigbob_ftw] #8975568 12/20/23 05:16 AM
U
unclebubba Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

That was my thought. Just wondering when when is going to be.

Re: Impending terror attack? [Re: unclebubba] #8975572 12/20/23 05:55 AM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Isn't there always an impending terror attack?

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide