Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Scott Huggins/AMR #8921965 09/22/23 05:54 PM
J
jskin Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I’ve wrestled with this one and putting it out there. But if it saves a fellow member from getting mixed up with him I’d like to prevent it. I was fully aware of the bad press with this guy but my company wanted a corporate lease and ran across a property he had in Menard. I warned them to not risk it but a few guys met up with him and he sure convinced them he was an ok fellow. So they inked a deal and cut a check, set to take over Sept 1. Well that day came around and the excuses began, then he comes out this week and says it ain’t gonna happen. Said he might be able to put us on something else but we asked for money back. Did some digging and found out he leased same pasture to another group the week after us, also paid in full. So I guess we will hope for the best and try to recoup the funds. Moral of the story, stay away from wolf in sheeps clothing.

"While we are postponing, life speeds by"

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: jskin] #8922041 09/22/23 07:34 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
When was the "deal inked", and was your check cashed?

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: jskin] #8922083 09/22/23 08:40 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Yeah, if you paid with a check and it was cashed, the local DA may take an interest.

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: jskin] #8922716 09/23/23 11:05 PM
O
Old Smuggler Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
O
Interesting fellow for sure and I will not do business with him again. We had a lease in palo pinto county that we were leaving due to price/rules and found one of his about 2 miles away. Seemed like a no brainer since it was so close. Went ahead and leased it and we were able to move our camp our before the lease term started. The group getting off missed the deadline several times but since we could hunt turkeys at the other lease never worried about the April 30 date that the other group was supposed to get off. Fast forward to May when the official lease period started and went out there one weekend to start setting up, shoot some pigs etc and he told me that he extended the prior group and he would extend our lease period to start June 1. We could not hunt, set up, etc. until then. Of course, had that conversation with him on the phone and he flat out told me if I didn't like it I could get off. We dealt with it but he forgot to tell us of the 30 folks that leased the back half of the property that drove the roads coming and going all the time. When it came time to leave, we had to remind him that he extended the lease period as he was ready for us to leave on the original date. Worst lease I have been on in recent memory. He talks a good game but he is a con man. Always taking from Peter to pay Paul.

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: jskin] #8925902 09/29/23 03:03 AM
W
WT_Foxtrot Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
I seem to remember that name from some folks who go screwed over on a lease, maybe double leased like this deal. Hope you get your money back at a minimum.

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: jskin] #8950777 11/07/23 01:15 AM
T
TEXASCAT95 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
He got me too! Probably the same property in Menard that is owned by the Boy Scouts? Supposed to have 12 feeders, 12 blinds for 10 hunters. He supplied the feed, electric and water for RV’s? Yeah, still isn’t ready, luckily I only put down a deposit to see the property. We liked it and wanted to get on but luckily we never signed the lease. Yet I still haven’t seen my deposit back. It has been promised and promised, yet come payday (after numerous unanswered calls and texts) excuse after excuse!! NEVER do business with this guy.

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: TEXASCAT95] #8951912 11/08/23 10:55 PM
H
hunterg Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted by TEXASCAT95
He got me too! Probably the same property in Menard that is owned by the Boy Scouts? Supposed to have 12 feeders, 12 blinds for 10 hunters. He supplied the feed, electric and water for RV’s? Yeah, still isn’t ready, luckily I only put down a deposit to see the property. We liked it and wanted to get on but luckily we never signed the lease. Yet I still haven’t seen my deposit back. It has been promised and promised, yet come payday (after numerous unanswered calls and texts) excuse after excuse!! NEVER do business with this guy.

He got my group earlier this year as well. Same property in menard that is owned by the boy scouts. He showed us the lease, we paid our deposits, waited all summer to go setup the lease because we were told we could access property until labor day weekend because of land improvements he and the land owner were doing. Labor day weekend comes and we are getting ready to head out there and he says we cant come. Property isnt ready. Excuse after excuse lead to us requesting our money back. More excuses and more excuses and finally we had to threaten legal actions on him and he paid our money back. The dude is a true scam artist.

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: hunterg] #8952067 11/09/23 03:24 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by hunterg

He got my group earlier this year as well. Same property in menard that is owned by the boy scouts. He showed us the lease, we paid our deposits, waited all summer to go setup the lease because we were told we could access property until labor day weekend because of land improvements he and the land owner were doing. Labor day weekend comes and we are getting ready to head out there and he says we cant come. Property isnt ready. Excuse after excuse lead to us requesting our money back. More excuses and more excuses and finally we had to threaten legal actions on him and he paid our money back. The dude is a true scam artist.

All in the name of Jesus. What a clown.

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: jskin] #8952180 11/09/23 02:52 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8952207 11/09/23 03:27 PM
H
hunterg Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson

Yep thats him. Glorifying god to steal peoples money.

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8952213 11/09/23 03:33 PM
M
Mistereeee Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson

Comments turned off. Wonder why...

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: jskin] #8952219 11/09/23 03:41 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Churches are full of sheep, and wolves pretending to be shepherds. Worst kind of thief IMO.

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: jskin] #8952260 11/09/23 05:08 PM
D
DUKFVR Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
Guy needs to be hung!

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: jskin] #8952329 11/09/23 07:23 PM
B
batman Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
Did any of you contact the Boy Scouts? Seems like they might be interested if he’s using their property to scam people.

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: batman] #8952407 11/09/23 09:36 PM
H
hunterg Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Originally Posted by batman
Did any of you contact the Boy Scouts? Seems like they might be interested if he’s using their property to scam people.

Yes we did. All the way up to the VP of this area. They could care less. Scott is in bed with the boy scout property manager of this area. Who just also happens to own the Coralina ranch where scott takes a bunch of his ministry hunts too. Its all a big joke and scam.

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: hunterg] #8952464 11/09/23 11:11 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by hunterg
Originally Posted by batman

Yes we did. All the way up to the VP of this area. They could care less. Scott is in bed with the boy scout property manager of this area. Who just also happens to own the Coralina ranch where scott takes a bunch of his ministry hunts too. Its all a big joke and scam.

You mean that literally?

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: jskin] #8952467 11/09/23 11:16 PM
J
jdangler Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
My neighbor and his group of buddies have been members with him for the last couple of years and he said it was good until this year and they won't be renewing. He was supposed to go hunt this weekend with his group and the guy called them and said they have people flying in and their group of 8 can only hunt in one area with 2 blinds. Week before last they got down they got screwed over a little as well.

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: jskin] #8952680 11/10/23 11:47 AM
D
decook Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
There's another guy named Dusty Barber that screwed the wrong guy. Scott Thrash went after him with a vengeance. He was relentless contacting law enforcement and district attorneys in his pursuit of bringing this guy justice. Last I read, this Barber clown got 10 years and probation. 2cool fishing has an old thread about him, circa 2006. So, it can be done. If you get ripped off, there are DA's out there that will prosecute. I guess you have to bug the hell out of 'em, but it can be done.

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: jskin] #8952684 11/10/23 11:55 AM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
These kind of scumbags must believe that no one can put a stompin' on them. There's always someone who can, even if you have to talk to a guy that knows a guy.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: jskin] #8952689 11/10/23 12:01 PM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Lowest of the low IMO. Too many negative comments all over social media. I cannot believe GW’s or law enforcement have not tracked him down. Scam artist

You can't fix stupid
Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: TEXASCAT95] #8952701 11/10/23 12:37 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
...luckily I only put down a deposit to see the property...

What the...!

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: Creekrunner] #8952712 11/10/23 01:08 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
...luckily I only put down a deposit to see the property...

What the...!

Yes, his "ministry that he is blessed to be director of" requires some $ up front to have a look around.

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: Creekrunner] #8952714 11/10/23 01:11 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
These kind of scumbags must believe that no one can put a stompin' on them. There's always someone who can, even if you have to talk to a guy that knows a guy.

Bad advice. Don't become a criminal to beat a criminal.

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: jskin] #8952731 11/10/23 01:55 PM
H
Hunter11 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
I just don't understand how this guy hasn't been arrested, prosecuted and thrown in jail with all of the evidence of scamming he has done. Has to be in the thousands of $'s which should be felony level type activity?

Re: Scott Huggins/AMR [Re: Hunter11] #8952739 11/10/23 02:09 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Hunter11
I just don't understand how this guy hasn't been arrested, prosecuted and thrown in jail with all of the evidence of scamming he has done. Has to be in the thousands of $'s which should be felony level type activity?

Verbal agreements, vague contractual agreements............In the world of deer leases there just has to be an element of trust in most cases. There are people out there that take advantage of that concept. Add the quise of "ministry" and religion and you have an opportunity for a Robert Tilton Jimmy Swaggart Jim Baker con man to do well.

This time last year a forum member told of an unpaid debt of about 12k from Scott Huggins for a delivered load of feed. He was conveniently absent at the time of the planned delivery, spoke to the feed dealer who had shown up on site after a long drive and told him an emergency had called him away. Promised to put a check in the mail that day. Months later, no payment and all kinds of excuses. Called him out publicly here and it got paid.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide