Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I hate dealing with auto accidents... #8943347 10/25/23 04:37 PM
J
jrfan Online Content OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
J
My wife and I were rear-ended a little over a week ago while turning right at a yield sign. Lady initially stopped and then took off. I went into pursuit mode and called 911 at the same time. Eventually she pulled in front of a cop on the way to another call. She was stopped, arrested and charged with hit and run as well as a meth pipe. Her vehicle was towed as well. Arresting officer wouldn't give me any of her info at the scene, I had to wait for it to be available on TXDOT website. Finally got it and 90% of my info was incorrect. Some guy out of Carrolton with the same first and last, different middle name. Got that corrected 3 days later. Finally spoke with her insurance today. They say they don't know who this lady is and policy holder is different than what is listed on the policy. Lady I spoke with is said they will most likely not pay out. So now I get to go through my insurance and will be out of pocket until they can sort it out, if at all. Insurance is the biggest scam in the world, they will go out of their way not to pay, on either end. Last time this happened I fought with them for months over my wife's total. It wasn't her fault then either.

I guess I just needed to vent.

[Linked Image]
Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: jrfan] #8943351 10/25/23 04:44 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Sounds like one of those deals where you have to file on your own insurance assuming you have collision/comprehensive or whatever it's called.

To be determined
Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: jrfan] #8943352 10/25/23 04:49 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Health insurance seems to be much more BS to me than auto. I’ve always had pretty smooth dealings with auto claims. A little patience and a cool head go a long way.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: jrfan] #8943354 10/25/23 04:50 PM
C
ChadTRG42 Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
C
Yes, I've dealt with several involvements with insurance. It's a game, and they try to string you out as long as possible and get you the lowest amount possible. Just stick to your guns to entire time. The last phone call I had (after about 10-15 calls) with my insurance person, I told her at the beginning of the call this is the last time talking to you. You either get me what I'm asking for, or my next phone call is an attorney and then we will be filling injury claims as well. She settled with me on that call with what I wanted. My wife's car was totaled by a dumb [censored] driver who was at fault. I had put on $1200 worth of Michelin tires 800 miles prior to the accident and the tires were in perfect shape. She would not give me any value for the new tires (among other items). I told her, no problem, just let me know where the car is and I'll go take the wheels and tires off and sell them myself. She abruptly told me I couldn't do that. I said ma'am, who owns this vehicle? She hesitated and beat around the bush for the answer I wanted. And she finally said I did, and I told her I'll do whatever I want to do with my vehicle until you pay me fair value for it. It's a game and they are SOB's in the process.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: redchevy] #8943376 10/25/23 05:41 PM
J
jrfan Online Content OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Sounds like one of those deals where you have to file on your own insurance assuming you have collision/comprehensive or whatever it's called.

Your'e correct. Problem is I am out the $1000 deductible for collision until they can sort it out, if they ever do. I really think the arresting officer messed up the report. He had my name, address, DL# and DOB wrong on the initial report. What are the chances this driver's info is incorrect as well??

Originally Posted by redchevy
A little patience and a cool head go a long way.

I don't typically have either. Especially when I have done nothing wrong here. If it was my fault, then I would own up to it. This bitch has attempted to avoid responsibility from the start. Other than spending a night in jail, she may get out of this part of it too.

Last edited by jrfan; 10/25/23 05:47 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: jrfan] #8943385 10/25/23 05:51 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
You're going really be steamed when your insurance company raises your premiums, because you filed a uninsured/underinsured other motorist claim, because you were in an accident that you're not at fault for causing.

Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: ntxtrapper] #8943399 10/25/23 06:02 PM
J
jrfan Online Content OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
You're going really be steamed when your insurance company raises your premiums, because you filed a uninsured/underinsured other motorist claim, because you were in an accident that you're not at fault for causing.

I fully expect it, they won't be out any money. Biggest scam in the world. Legalized extorsion.

[Linked Image]
Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: jrfan] #8943409 10/25/23 06:13 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by jrfan

I fully expect it, they won't be out any money. Biggest scam in the world. Legalized extorsion.

Yep.

Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: jrfan] #8943444 10/25/23 07:16 PM
B
BarneyWho Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
health insurance is worse. I'll leave it at that, but yes there are in the business to make money.

Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: jrfan] #8943454 10/25/23 07:49 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
You said the insurance doesn’t know who the lady was and the policy holder is different than what is listed on the policy. You mean the lady isn’t listed on the policy? Or how is the policy holder different than who is listed on the policy?

I was T-boned in 2015 by a 19 year old girl. I had a similar instance where her name wasn’t listed in the policy or title. After a few weeks found out it was her 40 year old sugar daddies car and she had permission to drive and it was all covered. They totaled my vehicle. It did take a little bit longer but all sorted itself out. Hope the best for you, I’m sure it sucks. I would be happy you caught up to the B!

It's hell eatin em live
Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: redchevy] #8943466 10/25/23 08:00 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
You said the insurance doesn’t know who the lady was and the policy holder is different than what is listed on the policy. You mean the lady isn’t listed on the policy? Or how is the policy holder different than who is listed on the policy?

I was T-boned in 2015 by a 19 year old girl. I had a similar instance where her name wasn’t listed in the policy or title. After a few weeks found out it was her 40 year old sugar daddies car and she had permission to drive and it was all covered. They totaled my vehicle. It did take a little bit longer but all sorted itself out. Hope the best for you, I’m sure it sucks. I would be happy you caught up to the B!

yep, how it works.

Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: jrfan] #8943479 10/25/23 08:16 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Never felt the need for uninsured/underinsured coverage until the recent mass influx of illegals on the roads. Got it on both vehicles now.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: BarneyWho] #8943491 10/25/23 08:32 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by BarneyWho
health insurance is worse. I'll leave it at that, but yes there are in the business to make money.

And all those TV ads aren't cheap.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 10/25/23 08:40 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: redchevy] #8943496 10/25/23 08:47 PM
J
jrfan Online Content OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
J

The report I have from TXDOT (used to be a blue form, IDK if they still call it that), has a black, 4DR Mercedes listed. Same make/model that hit me. According to Progressive, the VIN for that car and tag do not match the policy number given on the report. The policy number on the report does have a black 4DR Mercedes, just not this one. Also, the policy holder doesn't have the same name as the woman arrested (agreed, not that it matters). After several emails with the arresting officer today, he states that all the info is correct and the error is on Progressive's side and he cant provide any info other than what's on the report from TXDOT. The adjuster has already told me that there is a good chance they won't pay. My insurance is telling me for them to do anything, I have to file a claim and pay the $1000 deductible.

[Linked Image]
Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: jrfan] #8943499 10/25/23 08:51 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

The report I have from TXDOT (used to be a blue form, IDK if they still call it that), has a black, 4DR Mercedes listed. Same make/model that hit me. According to Progressive, the VIN for that car and tag do not match the policy number given on the report. The policy number on the report does have a black 4DR Mercedes, just not this one. Also, the policy holder doesn't have the same name as the woman arrested (agreed, not that it matters). After several emails with the arresting officer today, he states that all the info is correct and the error is on Progressive's side and he cant provide any info other than what's on the report from TXDOT. The adjuster has already told me that there is a good chance they won't pay. My insurance is telling me for them to do anything, I have to file a claim and pay the $1000 deductible.

and you carrier will then enter a process known as subrogation where they will seek paymant from the car owner's policy in effect at the time of the loss. If in effect at the time of the loss, you will be made whole. If a fraudulent document or not in effect, it's not the insurance company's concern.

yes, all of this sucks.

Last edited by Hudbone; 10/25/23 08:52 PM.
Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: jrfan] #8943502 10/25/23 08:58 PM
D
Donpilot Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
D
Insurance is in the business of collecting premiums, not paying claims.

Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: Donpilot] #8943516 10/25/23 09:14 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Donpilot

Without appropriately paying claims, they would not be in business.

Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: jrfan] #8943519 10/25/23 09:16 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I am guessing the adjuster here should just roll over, avoid contractual matters and say, "It does not matter that the 17 digit VIN is not a match with what we have and just pay out the claim.". that notiion there be fantasy land. If it is a typographical error and the policy is in effect, Progressive will still be ultimately responsible.

Last edited by Hudbone; 10/25/23 09:17 PM.
Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: jrfan] #8943542 10/25/23 09:41 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
The whole thing seems weird...why wouldn't the officer give you the insurance information at the time of the accident and make you wait for the report? Seems like you couldn't taken a picture of proof of insurance. Also, now the insurance is tied to your license plate and the officer could've given it to you.

I had an jackass put a 2k dollar door ding in my truck (I was sitting in the truck when it happened) in a Sam's parking lot years ago. The police told me he needs to give me his insurance but if he won't they would. This dude was full ate up with the dumb donkey and I ended up talking to his insurance guy on his phone while the police were there. It was a nightmare but in the end, it was fixed to my satisfaction at their expense. That was back at the beginning of when I started hating people roflmao

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: jrfan] #8943557 10/25/23 09:56 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
One good thing about today’s cell phones is the ability to take endless photos of the vehicles, license plates, other person, vin numbers, and such as that. It takes away some of the he said/she said problems. Take pics of everything. Those pics really came in really handy after a moron hit us and ran us into some trees and destroyed the wife’s car. [Linked Image]

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: Hudbone] #8943563 10/25/23 10:06 PM
D
DannyB Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Hudbone

and you carrier will then enter a process known as subrogation where they will seek paymant from the car owner's policy in effect at the time of the loss. If in effect at the time of the loss, you will be made whole. If a fraudulent document or not in effect, it's not the insurance company's concern.

yes, all of this sucks.

If his carrier wins during subrogation will his premium go up? I'm in almost similar situation. Three weeks ago somebody in an Enterprise Rent Car hit my wife. Even trickier they were self insured, go figure. We thought Enterprise was going to accept fault because they sent their adjuster to see our car. At the same time they said they had to wait on the accident report before officially taking fault. Then this DPS accident report arrives and Enterprise said "this report is incorrect." I was almost impolite with Enterprise. smile I said something similar to any fool can tell they were at fault. We are unit 2.

We are now in the claim process with our carrier, Travelers. They told us that they will end up in arbitration seeking subrogation, if I said that right. It could take months.

[Linked Image]

Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: Hudbone] #8943579 10/25/23 10:24 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

What about raising your premiums for a uninsured motorist claim from an accident you didn’t cause?

Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: jrfan] #8943589 10/25/23 10:42 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
This isn't hard...if your insurance is aware of a wreck you have and especially if you are at fault, there are GREAT odds your insurance is going up.

If it's someone else's fault the best thing you can do is keep your insurance out of it...if at all possible. This post is a great example of a time where you aren't likely going to be able to keep your insurance out of it.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: jrfan] #8943616 10/25/23 11:24 PM
H
Huntmaster Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
It should be this way; if they don’t have coverage, you file on UM(if you had it) UM has a lower deductible and you get a rent car, and if you were injured..a liability claim. If no UM, Collision is your only choice.

Re: I hate dealing with auto accidents... [Re: ntxtrapper] #8943635 10/25/23 11:55 PM
L
Leonardo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L

What about raising your premiums for a uninsured motorist claim from an accident you didn’t cause?

Insurance is risk pooling so when they lose money your premiums are going up. Does not matter who is at fault in the long run. You have very little control over the actual rate your receiving, the insurance companies are national and global factors enter the equation. With good credit, clean record and a reasonable claims history you can receive their best offer but overall you don’t contribute to the price floor.

Every other billboard and radio ad is advertising to represent you against insurance companies contributing to the increased claims cost. I have been in the insurance business for twenty years and 99% of claims are settled fairly without attorneys.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide