Originally Posted by RHutch
I’m getting right at 3400 with 75eldm in a 20” 1:7.7T with N160.
This is initial load work up and a toasty, max load.
Accuracy node is down about 3280 with this combo in my rifle.
Have some 69gr Scenars to try next and that should yield 3400 within acceptable pressures.
I typically look for accuracy and don’t chase velocity but…this cartridge begs for it.

Yea toasty would be a good description! I have a 21 inch and getting 3400 with my 70gr ELD X has been unattainable even with the hot rod powder R26…. Maxed out at 3300 and they shot great but I backed off as well.
N160 was I believe the first powder I tried in 22 Creedmoor in 2014 and it shot fine but in that barrel (24 inch) but I got excessive pressure signs at 3400 with 75’s and I was looking back then for more so I kept playing with powders.
Nowadays I refer to Hodgdon/ Peterson reloading data online as I know it’s been pressure tested just to get an idea where 62k PSI velocity is supposed to be within given barrel length and bullet weights.
Won’t be long until more data is published with the newly SAAMI approved cartridge.

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963