Forums46
Topics538,169
Posts9,733,772
Members87,071
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8801983 02/15/23 08:19 AM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
The more I think about this, the more I think my reaction would be a lot like asking the question, what would I actually do if I actually had to take the life of another human being. I think I know what I would do, have had some training, practice on the range, but until I actually have to do it I won't really know. (Everybody has a plan until you get hit in the face) We're for the most part average people that are not involved in violence on a daily basis, don't have daily street fights, law abiding people. One minute we're talking to our wives on the phone while sitting at a traffic light, a gun is in our face while we're getting car jacked and someone is laying on the ground dead and we're sitting in our car holding our carry gun. I think the average person is going to be glad to see the police and just start talking, telling them what happened as a reaction to the shock from the event.

If I'm a cop, and someone is cool and calm enough with zero emotion and says nothing but, "I'm not talking to you without a lawyer" is going to get their wish and wrie a huge check.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8802006 02/15/23 12:24 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Originally Posted by BigPig
You have the right to remain silent… I highly suggest you use it

This.... At any time that you are speaking to Law Enforcement in most any capacity. Exceptions are neighbors and at BBQ's, etc.

If you’re involved in a shooting and take a hardline approach of never explaining what occurred, you will go to jail and a case will be accepted. Get ready to pay about 40 grand at the minimum. I have had to explain to a lot of people that they are #%^£ing up what appears to be a good self defense case because they got YouTube advice. Most listened and provided me a reasonable explanation so they never went to jail. A few though were too smart for their own good.

I would gladly go to jail and pay lawyer expenses, than have police twist my words

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8802009 02/15/23 12:26 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
20 plus years ago when I got my CHL in Texas, I had Dallas Cop gave the course, he said if you ever happen to shoot someone only say " I feared for my life, I want to talk to my lawyer"

I will go with that, hopefully I will never get into that situation

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: onlysmith&wesson] #8802189 02/15/23 06:30 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
The more I think about this, the more I think my reaction would be a lot like asking the question, what would I actually do if I actually had to take the life of another human being. I think I know what I would do, have had some training, practice on the range, but until I actually have to do it I won't really know. (Everybody has a plan until you get hit in the face) We're for the most part average people that are not involved in violence on a daily basis, don't have daily street fights, law abiding people. One minute we're talking to our wives on the phone while sitting at a traffic light, a gun is in our face while we're getting car jacked and someone is laying on the ground dead and we're sitting in our car holding our carry gun. I think the average person is going to be glad to see the police and just start talking, telling them what happened as a reaction to the shock from the event.

If I'm a cop, and someone is cool and calm enough with zero emotion and says nothing but, "I'm not talking to you without a lawyer" is going to get their wish and wrie a huge check.

Yep.

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: RedRanger] #8802190 02/15/23 06:38 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by RedRanger

This.... At any time that you are speaking to Law Enforcement in most any capacity. Exceptions are neighbors and at BBQ's, etc.

If you’re involved in a shooting and take a hardline approach of never explaining what occurred, you will go to jail and a case will be accepted. Get ready to pay about 40 grand at the minimum. I have had to explain to a lot of people that they are #%^£ing up what appears to be a good self defense case because they got YouTube advice. Most listened and provided me a reasonable explanation so they never went to jail. A few though were too smart for their own good.

I would gladly go to jail and pay lawyer expenses, than have police twist my words

LEO’s arent twisting your words, its on camera. They dont prosecute cases, thats DA’s job.

Id rather a LEO confirm my actions and testimonial, which if I’m in the right means recommending no bill. Not saying im giving full blow deposition. But I'm giving my best details of a very traumatic event, where I and family had no other way out of.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8802197 02/15/23 07:11 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

LEO’s arent twisting your words, its on camera. They dont prosecute cases, thats DA’s job.

Id rather a LEO confirm my actions and testimonial, which if I’m in the right means recommending no bill. Not saying im giving full blow deposition. But I'm giving my best details of a very traumatic event, where I and family had no other way out of.

How soon are you going to give them those details? Immediately? A few hours later? A couple days later?

There’s a good reason that we don’t have to give our statement immediately. We have a 3 day grace period to decompress and let our brains process what we just went through. I’m not saying never talk to the police, but there’s no sense of urgency

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: RedRanger] #8802208 02/15/23 07:55 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P

It is not about them twisting a persons words. It is about the police using the words that actually come out of the persons mouth. A lot of times it is not the police using the words, it is the DA and or prosecution using the words that come out of a persons mouth.
Some people just don’t know when to shut up.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8802216 02/15/23 08:15 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Not me, as I said before when I took my CHL class long long time ago, it was Dallas cop and nice guy, he said never trust the police and only tell them I feared for my life, and I want to talk to my lawyer if you happen to shoot someone.

I will give an account of what happened after I talk to my lawyer, You would be silly to start talking right after a traumtic incident like that just happened and you start giving statements to the police, and yes you give statements to the police not the DA.

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: BigPig] #8802257 02/15/23 09:25 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

How soon are you going to give them those details? Immediately? A few hours later? A couple days later?

There’s a good reason that we don’t have to give our statement immediately. We have a 3 day grace period to decompress and let our brains process what we just went through. I’m not saying never talk to the police, but there’s no sense of urgency

You have 3 days because of an agreement. No detective in this country will wait 3 days to get a statement on a homicide investigation. There’s liability in letting someone just walk around for that long without knowing what took place. If the person kills somebody else during that time, and it turns out they weren’t justified in the previous one, there would be hell to pay.

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8802300 02/15/23 10:27 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

read what I wrote very carefully, I will give a very simple statement about the traumatic event that gave me no other option then to protect my family. I'm not refusing to corporate.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8802303 02/15/23 10:28 PM
TurkeyHunter Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I'm not refusing to corporate.

Have you considered an LLC?

To be determined
Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8802307 02/15/23 10:31 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

ha a few, I love auto correct on a mini iphone.

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8802352 02/15/23 11:44 PM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B

roflmao

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8802399 02/16/23 12:38 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F

mini iphone, so thats the problem.....

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: freerange] #8802416 02/16/23 12:58 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by freerange

mini iphone, so thats the problem.....

technically its my eyes in conjunction with using an Iphone mini,,,,,, and a touch of laziness.

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8802442 02/16/23 01:57 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Laziness, now we're getting somewhere.....

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8803305 02/17/23 04:03 PM
P
psycho0819 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Nobody is going to have an issue with you contacting an attorney before a formal interview,,but not giving a brief 1 or 2 sentence explanation is just setting yourself up as an adversary from the beginning.

I'm going to stir the pot a little bit here.

How is knowing and exercising your constitutional rights adversarial? Why is that the default?

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.

The end of the world began the day it was created, and life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease.

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: psycho0819] #8803322 02/17/23 04:32 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by psycho0819
Nobody is going to have an issue with you contacting an attorney before a formal interview, but not giving a brief 1 or 2 sentence explanation is just setting yourself up as an adversary from the beginning.

How is knowing and exercising your constitutional rights adversarial? Why is that the default?

There are lots of ways that exercising constitutional rights is adversarial, or just being a jerk. It is your constitutional right to stand on a street corner and yell at passersby about the impending apocalypse. It is your constitutional right to walk around downtown with your AR slinged. It is your constitutional right to tell everyone you meet that they need to get right with Jesus and should come to church with you on Sunday, or that Christianity is a lie and they should join you in worshiping Satan at your altar in the woods. It is also your constitutional right to not say a word to police. Being a right doesn't make it a good idea.

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: SherpaPhil] #8803505 02/17/23 09:49 PM
P
psycho0819 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted by SherpaPhil
Nobody is going to have an issue with you contacting an attorney before a formal interview, but not giving a brief 1 or 2 sentence explanation is just setting yourself up as an adversary from the beginning.

There are lots of ways that exercising constitutional rights is adversarial, or just being a jerk. It is your constitutional right to stand on a street corner and yell at passersby about the impending apocalypse. It is your constitutional right to walk around downtown with your AR slinged. It is your constitutional right to tell everyone you meet that they need to get right with Jesus and should come to church with you on Sunday, or that Christianity is a lie and they should join you in worshiping Satan at your altar in the woods. It is also your constitutional right to not say a word to police. Being a right doesn't make it a good idea.

But exercising a right without being a jerk makes you an adversary in law enforcement's eyes? Who's the jerk in that scenario?

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.

The end of the world began the day it was created, and life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease.

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: psycho0819] #8803583 02/18/23 12:36 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

But exercising a right without being a jerk makes you an adversary in law enforcement's eyes? Who's the jerk in that scenario?

Killing somebody is against the codified laws of Texas. There are defenses for doing it, but they are your responsibility to establish. The only person who absolutely had their constitutional rights violated, is the person who had their right to life removed by you. Law enforcements job is to determine what occurred so the details presented to the grand jury are accurate. If you kill someone else and don’t establish what your defense was in a timely manner then yes, that’s an adversarial relationship. The presumption will be you didn’t have a good reason. Lots of luck to to you if that’s the path you choose.

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8803601 02/18/23 01:12 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Knowingly killing someone is murder. Defenses are not implied, they must be presented.
If everything looks legit. They will give an attorney a couple of hours to get there.

If you never want to say anything. Go for it. It’s your right. Stay silent all the way through a trial if you want.

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8803609 02/18/23 01:19 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Knowingly killing someone is murder. Defenses are not implied, they must be presented.
If everything looks legit. They will give an attorney a couple of hours to get there.

If you never want to say anything. Go for it. It’s your right. Stay silent all the way through a trial if you want.

Yep. I'll send anyone on here a kite when it's all aver worth asking how that worked out for them roflmao

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: psycho0819] #8803643 02/18/23 02:37 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Others have already covered it pretty well, but I can tell you the vast majority of officers out there want to clear you as quickly as possible if the shooting was truly justified, but they need your help to do it. They weren't there, so they have to depend on your statement to clear you. Otherwise, you're just a guy who killed another guy and that's illegal on it's face. I'll turn that question around - if an officer is working his/her [censored] off to clear you and you won't let them, who's the jerk?

Last edited by Grizz; 02/18/23 02:37 AM.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8803654 02/18/23 03:00 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The POS dead guys friends got no problem saying you started and provoked the whole thing. The poor Angel was turning his life around.

Insert picture from 7th grade.

Re: If a person could be potentially subjected to a homicide charge? [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8803844 02/18/23 03:10 PM
T
TPACK Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
My lawyer advised me not to comment on this post. salute

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide