Page 1 of 2 1 2
Biometric ID is in full force.... #8787291 01/24/23 07:37 PM
D
dkershen Online Content OP
Rev Dave
OP Online Content
Rev Dave
D
Not sure how many of you have flown internationally out of DFW lately, but big brother technology is in full functionality. Maybe it has been for a while? Flying out of the country on American Airlines I was shocked that I didn't have to present an ID or even a boarding pass. Just looked into a camera during boarding and it flashed my passport # and seat info onto the screen and welcomed me aboard. Then when I was returning into the country it was the same process at the customs desk. Just looked at the camera and they welcomed me back by name. Didn't want to see my passport or anything else. I guess it's convenient. But at the same time feels a bit weird.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: dkershen] #8787299 01/24/23 07:41 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
yep, saw that myself. Mind boggling.

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: dkershen] #8787300 01/24/23 07:43 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by dkershen
Not sure how many of you have flown internationally out of DFW lately, but big brother technology is in full functionality. Maybe it has been for a while? Flying out of the country on American Airlines I was shocked that I didn't have to present an ID or even a boarding pass. Just looked into a camera during boarding and it flashed my passport # and seat info onto the screen and welcomed me aboard. Then when I was returning into the country it was the same process at the customs desk. Just looked at the camera and they welcomed me back by name. Didn't want to see my passport or anything else. I guess it's convenient. But at the same time feels a bit weird.

You should of had them stamp you passport anyways. I wouldn't make their job that easy...

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: dkershen] #8787359 01/24/23 09:08 PM
HuntingTexas Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
They always ask for my ID.

[Linked Image]

" In God We Trust "

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: dkershen] #8787363 01/24/23 09:13 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I think most of you would be shocked at what kind of tech is out there and the sensors (cameras) that can access that tech.

My brother runs some programs for defense contractors and UAVs for the military. There is stuff he knows about and stuff he isn't allowed to see. The stuff he knows about is simply amazing. The stuff he doesn't know about but knows "about" about is hollywood-esque, then there's the stuff he doesn't even know about...it is next level crazy I am sure, because the stuff he tells me about is crazy enough.

Anyway, I say this to let you guys know if the govt wants you, they will find you. If you think you can hide from them, you better have a good underground self contained bunker that is shielded from all sorts of wavelengths and electronic sensors.

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: Texas buckeye] #8787366 01/24/23 09:20 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
I think most of you would be shocked at what kind of tech is out there and the sensors (cameras) that can access that tech.

My brother runs some programs for defense contractors and UAVs for the military. There is stuff he knows about and stuff he isn't allowed to see. The stuff he knows about is simply amazing. The stuff he doesn't know about but knows "about" about is hollywood-esque, then there's the stuff he doesn't even know about...it is next level crazy I am sure, because the stuff he tells me about is crazy enough.

Anyway, I say this to let you guys know if the govt wants you, they will find you. If you think you can hide from them, you better have a good underground self contained bunker that is shielded from all sorts of wavelengths and electronic sensors.

Oh I think people know they just don’t care.

Malik Akram is a perfect example.

They had his where about from the minute he landed in to US to the where about of who he illegal bought the gun from with in 6 hrs… That’s technology.

The amount of biometric data already collected on people is crazy. Yet we can’t use it for voting roflmao

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: dkershen] #8787367 01/24/23 09:21 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
We were having issues with people sharing their passwords at work. Even after training and monetary sanctions they continued to do it. Next step was termination which we don't want to do especially in this day and age of no one wanting to work. I've implemented biometrics on every computer and door in our environment at work. We don't use Passwords or PINs, if you don't have that person's eyes or face you aren't getting into that computer, or at least to that person's AD profile. Has brought the password sharing down to 0 since there is no password to share. All server/network rooms have also been locked down with biometric door locks, only myself and ISO has access to the rooms.

[Linked Image]

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: dkershen] #8787378 01/24/23 09:36 PM
P
PMK Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
yep, that technology has been around quite a while ... and there is a lot more advanced stuff that the general public won't know about for several years that is being used

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: KRoyal] #8787379 01/24/23 09:38 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by KRoyal
We were having issues with people sharing their passwords at work. Even after training and monetary sanctions they continued to do it. Next step was termination which we don't want to do especially in this day and age of no one wanting to work. I've implemented biometrics on every computer and door in our environment at work. We don't use Passwords or PINs, if you don't have that person's eyes or face you aren't getting into that computer, or at least to that person's AD profile. Has brought the password sharing down to 0 since there is no password to share. All server/network rooms have also been locked down with biometric door locks, only myself and ISO has access to the rooms.

Bet I could get in to your computer
[Linked Image]

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: Hudbone] #8787395 01/24/23 09:52 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Originally Posted by KRoyal

Bet I could get in to your computer
[Linked Image]

Well of course, my password is 0000 rofl

[Linked Image]

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: dkershen] #8787414 01/24/23 10:19 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I used this for identifying illegal aliens almost a decade ago. Technology has advanced much farther these days.

[Linked Image]

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: dkershen] #8787422 01/24/23 10:38 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Heck, we were biometrically scanning LNs, TCNs, and bad guys in Iraq in 2005.

[Linked Image]
Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: dkershen] #8787702 01/25/23 02:18 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Grow a beard. So far none of this technology has been able to find a workaround for someone with heavy facial hair. Anytime I have to get a new photo taken for an ID I won't shave or cut my hair for about 8 months and then I will dye my hair right before getting the photo. Every picture ID I have shows me looking like the Unabomber and every passport that I have has a different picture on it.

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: blkt2] #8787718 01/25/23 02:40 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by blkt2
Grow a beard. So far none of this technology has been able to find a workaround for someone with heavy facial hair. Anytime I have to get a new photo taken for an ID I won't shave or cut my hair for about 8 months and then I will dye my hair right before getting the photo. Every picture ID I have shows me looking like the Unabomber and every passport that I have has a different picture on it.

Do you have more than one US Passport?

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: blkt2] #8787725 01/25/23 02:47 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U

Wrong. I have a full beard and the TSA facial recognition software had no problem identifying me.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: dkershen] #8787728 01/25/23 02:51 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Is it is eye based

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: unclebubba] #8787736 01/25/23 03:04 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by unclebubba

Wrong. I have a full beard and the TSA facial recognition software had no problem identifying me.

Nor will the E-verify

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: Hudbone] #8787738 01/25/23 03:04 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Is it is eye based

That’s retinal.

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8787745 01/25/23 03:21 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Is it is eye based

That’s retinal.

The facial recognition does not use retinal scans, but they probably use facial recognition around the eyes moreso than the mouth area for two reasons:

1. already mentioned facial hair issues in men (or women)
2. filler and plastic surgery is done more so around the mouth area to plump lips and nasolabial folds, this would make it difficult to use mouth area as primary.

The forhead to eyes and nose are most likely the primary focus of the facial recognition scans.

A retina scan would be more involved and would require a special "put your chin here and keep your eye open" type doohickey

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: dkershen] #8787748 01/25/23 03:22 PM
D
dkershen Online Content OP
Rev Dave
OP Online Content
Rev Dave
D
Facial biometric is taking hundreds (possibly thousands) of data points into consideration and is 99.97% accurate. The one thing I'm aware of that can give it an issue is eye glasses that have reflective glare. In that case they simple ask you to remove them as you are being scanned. Beards and even medical face masks have little or no negative effect.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: dkershen] #8787758 01/25/23 03:43 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Ill just limit my travel to driving across the Red River and I shouldnt have to worry about this stuff.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: blkt2] #8787767 01/25/23 03:59 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

You've been watching too many movies... roflmao

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: RedRanger] #8787870 01/25/23 06:47 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by RedRanger

My mother was born a Canadian citizen, is a naturalized US citizen, and jewish. Because of that I have a US passport, a Canadian passport, and an Israeli passport. I'm also German with a German birth certificate as well as a US birth certificate and made a point of getting a German passport as well. Because I have grandparents of various nationalities I also believe that I can get a Swiss passport, a Polish passport, and one from the UK but I haven't gone through the trouble yet to see if I can.

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: The Dude Abides] #8787871 01/25/23 06:49 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides

You've been watching too many movies... roflmao

It used to work, I haven't kept up with current technology. My old neighbor works for a company and was the lead for the teams that wrote the software for airports surveillance systems. We had long in-depth talks about how the stuff worked.

Re: Biometric ID is in full force.... [Re: blkt2] #8787876 01/25/23 06:58 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by RedRanger

My mother was born a Canadian citizen, is a naturalized US citizen, and jewish. Because of that I have a US passport, a Canadian passport, and an Israeli passport. I'm also German with a German birth certificate as well as a US birth certificate and made a point of getting a German passport as well. Because I have grandparents of various nationalities I also believe that I can get a Swiss passport, a Polish passport, and one from the UK but I haven't gone through the trouble yet to see if I can.

Is your name jason bourne?

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide