Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Go to waterfowl guide? #8771543 01/01/23 04:12 PM
EasyMoney Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
Buddies and me are looking to go on a stuttgart Arkansas hunt but we’ve been burned on the last two trips for water fowl so I’m looking for some reputable guide services that y’all have used and it was worth it

Re: Go to waterfowl guide? [Re: EasyMoney] #8772076 01/02/23 02:24 PM
M
MikeOH Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
I would consider going to Kansas over Arkansas. I had a bad experience in Arkansas also. I’ve been to KS each of the past four years and had very good experiences. I go with Big Kansas Outdoors up there. They are based west of Hutchinson. Lots of field hunting for geese with some small water duck hunts. You can also hunt pheasants in the afternoons. Nice lodge and good food. They are a class outfit and while they can’t guarantee anything, they work very hard to get you on the birds.

Owner is Ben Webster. Just an idea for you.

Re: Go to waterfowl guide? [Re: EasyMoney] #8772167 01/02/23 04:40 PM
EasyMoney Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
I’ll check em out. I’m pretty much working my way thru all the big waterfowl hunts right now. We’ve done the crane hunts the spec hunts and we have private places in north texas to hunt but we just want to do it all and flooded timber or rice fields just sound like a must. I do like the options to do more than just a duck hunt in a day tho

Re: Go to waterfowl guide? [Re: EasyMoney] #8778242 01/11/23 01:04 AM
R
RiverRunner Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted by EasyMoney
Buddies and me are looking to go on a stuttgart Arkansas hunt but we’ve been burned on the last two trips for water fowl so I’m looking for some reputable guide services that y’all have used and it was worth it

Best there is has a waiting list....Slick's (just look them up). Call and get on list. It is worth the wait

Then look for afternoon Spec hunt with someone else...can't recommend anyone for that though.

Re: Go to waterfowl guide? [Re: EasyMoney] #8784500 01/20/23 05:14 PM
S
sprigsss Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I think a good flooded timber duck hunt is on most guys wish lists.

I hunt with a group of guys from across the country and we have tried 2 Arkansas Flooded Timber hunts and struck out twice.

What is tough about the flooded timber is not knowing if an outfitter will have water or not.

I can't say who you should hunt with, but I would steer clear of Greenheadsandlabs. The owner of that outfit put half of our group on the same duckless hole three days in a row. His other guides took the rest of us to a WMA and we were able to shoot a handful of ducks only because of the shear number of ducks. They parked the boat between us and the decoys, never put the calls down, and flared way more birds than they called in.

They blew this God awful Quad Call for 3 days straight without a sec of silence.

Then to pour salt on the wound, the day we are leaving, the owner posts a video of them "scouting" in the timber blowing soft feed calls, chuckles, and quacks with mallards pouring in by the dozens at a time. Never heard any of that calling the previous 3 days. I believe the owner's son Mason was a hard working kid that was berated by his dad the whole time we were there. That kid got the biggest tip out of all of them.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide