Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. #8777782 01/10/23 03:32 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: reeltexan] #8777787 01/10/23 03:41 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Saw that yesterday, glad he popped that POS.

Hope he does not get in trouble for what looks like him shooting the robber in the back where the DA can say he was not defending himself against immanent danger and press charges.

texas flag

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: reeltexan] #8777796 01/10/23 03:52 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
How would anyone know for certain what some idiot sporting a gun would do at any given moment?

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: reeltexan] #8777802 01/10/23 04:00 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Unfortunately the shooter will do time I believe, if he's caught. The few extra shots when guy was down will surely get him some time. But glad he put this thug down. "F" around and find out.

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: reeltexan] #8777807 01/10/23 04:07 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I so hope your assertion proves to be incorrect.

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: reeltexan] #8777816 01/10/23 04:12 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
If it was in my own home, I'm 100% for a coup 'd grace in the noggin'. In a public place, with witnesses...I don't know.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: Creekrunner] #8777818 01/10/23 04:14 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
If it was in my own home, I'm 100% for a coup 'd grace in the noggin'. In a public place, with witnesses...I don't know.

this ^^^^^

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: reeltexan] #8777820 01/10/23 04:15 PM
T
tenyearsgone Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Welcome to last week…….

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: Creekrunner] #8777828 01/10/23 04:24 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend

I don't think in that moment your brain would really be able to think that far ahead. Although the video was blurred I imagine the patron shot until the threat ended. Should be a good shoot, but I imagine this guy is in for a hard road going forward.

[Linked Image]

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: whitewing maniac] #8777829 01/10/23 04:25 PM
L
LarryCopper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by whitewing maniac
Unfortunately the shooter will do time I believe, if he's caught. The few extra shots when guy was down will surely get him some time. But glad he put this thug down. "F" around and find out.

The part about extra shots is not correct. In fact, it's the opposite. If you are in a position that you need to shoot, you are doing so to kill... take out the deadly threat. Last thing you want to do is shoot to injure because that implies you were not in a situation that required deadly force. You will possibly face charges in that case.

And the shooting was completely justified. The perp was still waving a gun around pointing at it people. And even if he was fleeing, TX law allows the use of deadly force to protect property. I know it applies to your residence and vehicle so I don't know if that would apply here. Where's some LEO to clear this up?

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: LarryCopper] #8777832 01/10/23 04:32 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by LarryCopper

The part about extra shots is not correct. In fact, it's the opposite. If you are in a position that you need to shoot, you are doing so to kill... take out the deadly threat. Last thing you want to do is shoot to injure because that implies you were not in a situation that required deadly force. You will possibly face charges in that case.

And the shooting was completely justified. The perp was still waving a gun around pointing at it people. And even if he was fleeing, TX law allows the use of deadly force to protect property. I know it applies to your residence and vehicle so I don't know if that would apply here. Where's some LEO to clear this up?

Saw it last night on fox, I thought the same thing as WM, but the lawyer on fox do not know his name, but apprantly he is best on this type of stuff, said it was completely justified. I hope nothing happens to the shooter, and would sure like to see more of the same.

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: Guy] #8777840 01/10/23 04:44 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by Guy

Saw it last night on fox, I thought the same thing as WM, but the lawyer on fox do not know his name, but apprantly he is best on this type of stuff, said it was completely justified. I hope nothing happens to the shooter, and would sure like to see more of the same.

Do you think he is more of predicament because he just walked out and didn't stay?

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: Creekrunner] #8777851 01/10/23 04:57 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J

Right on. I always like a happy ending.

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: Herbie Hancock] #8777855 01/10/23 05:02 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock
Originally Posted by Guy

Do you think he is more of predicament because he just walked out and didn't stay?

I don’t know, but I want to follow this story and find out. My biggest fear of killing someone like this is getting into a legal hassle, that would messy up my duck hunting and snow ski plans.

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: Guy] #8777865 01/10/23 05:09 PM
L
LarryCopper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by Guy
My biggest fear of killing someone like this is getting into a legal hassle, that would messy up my duck hunting and snow ski plans.

It can get really expensive defending yourself. Even if not brought up on criminal charges, there can be a civil suit to fight. There are lots of companies that provide legal insurance just for this purpose. It isn't all that costly either.

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: reeltexan] #8777877 01/10/23 05:20 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Shooting was 100% justified (in Texas), but it was damn stupid for him to leave like he did. He's gonna have a hard time with that part.

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: reeltexan] #8777887 01/10/23 05:27 PM
pertnear Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Perhaps the Houston Police won't look to hard for the shooter. After all, the cops are pretty busy these days. up

The North has double last names. The South has double first names.
Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: reeltexan] #8777894 01/10/23 05:33 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Fantastic! Great job for the shooter!

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: whitewing maniac] #8777896 01/10/23 05:34 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

Highly doubt it.

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: LarryCopper] #8777897 01/10/23 05:34 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Guy
My biggest fear of killing someone like this is getting into a legal hassle, that would messy up my duck hunting and snow ski plans.

It can get really expensive defending yourself. Even if not brought up on criminal charges, there can be a civil suit to fight. There are lots of companies that provide legal insurance just for this purpose. It isn't all that costly either.

I paid for Texas Law Shield for me and my wife one year, seems like it was pretty expensive, like $450? Can't remember. I have seen mixed reviews on that insurance. My company also offers discounted legal insurance, I need to look into that.

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: LarryCopper] #8777907 01/10/23 05:47 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W

We may see it that way, but will the legal system. That's all that counts. Those 3 extra shots while perp was lying on floor at the door, I'm sure that will definitely be brought up.

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: reeltexan] #8777919 01/10/23 06:07 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
He never saw that coming, A dish best served cold. woot

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: reeltexan] #8777925 01/10/23 06:10 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
I
It's sad, but it's a "thumbs up" from me.

...-------

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: reeltexan] #8777934 01/10/23 06:16 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Under Texas law, the case will have to be presented to grand jury. How the DA's Office presents it to them, will likely determine what they decide.

Re: Texas man serves up nines at restaurant. [Re: reeltexan] #8777947 01/10/23 06:25 PM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
It's a good shoot, but it pushes the boundary, even though the robber was leaving, he was still waving the gun around with someone in front of him, so defense of others applies. The video doesn't show that the robber was incapacitated when he went down, if he's still moving with a gun in his hand, extra shots are warranted. The Grand Jury will decide if there is enough evidence to question whether the robber was still a threat when he went down.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide