Forums46
Topics538,053
Posts9,732,445
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8745426 11/29/22 06:12 PM
Roll-Tide Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I think with the portal, a team like Florida State is very close to becoming dominant.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8745500 11/29/22 07:45 PM
Roll-Tide Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Hudson Card. Former top 40 recruit plans tom enter the portal. I think he goes to a good team. ND quarterback sucked last week. OU QB has sucked. Maybe go to TCU.

I would take him for 1 year at Bama.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Espy] #8745522 11/29/22 08:09 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Espy
Wait till Deion Sanders takes a different head coaching job. Gonna take Jackson’s state best players. Gonna hurt that team bad next year.

I don’t think he leaves until sons are done. He is having fun and has zero “School Management” issues that you have at the A&M’s and UT’s of the world

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8745530 11/29/22 08:16 PM
Roll-Tide Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Deion was waiting for Florida state to continue a downward spiral. But norvelle seems to be turning it around. Let me find norvells college pic

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8745532 11/29/22 08:19 PM
Roll-Tide Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
[Linked Image]

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8745575 11/29/22 08:59 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Wait till Deion Sanders takes a different head coaching job. Gonna take Jackson’s state best players. Gonna hurt that team bad next year.

I don’t think he leaves until sons are done. He is having fun and has zero “School Management” issues that you have at the A&M’s and UT’s of the world

I thought I saw a random statement that Neon Deon Prime Time 21 was being courted by Colorado.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8745639 11/29/22 10:07 PM
Roll-Tide Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Multiple Texas players plan to enter the transfer portal (as of today):

QB Hudson Card
DB JD Coffey II
DB Jamier Johnson
WR Troy Omeire

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8745668 11/29/22 10:38 PM
syncerus Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
You can’t blame a healthy rat for abandoning a sinking ship. It doesn’t make sense to stay on board after the captain has driven into an iceberg.

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8745677 11/29/22 11:05 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide

QB Hudson Card
DB JD Coffey II
DB Jamier Johnson
WR Troy Omeire

As much as you post about Texas, you've got to be a Texas fan. wink

It's more than just those guys. Prince Dorbah, DJ Harris, as well. X is the main one to watch. He's a drama queen for sure. My son just sent me another one of his posts. He loves the attention. If you're not all in, GTFO.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: DocHorton] #8745680 11/29/22 11:08 PM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted by DocHorton
I don't like the fact that players can play 4 games then sit out the rest of the year and transfer and maintain that year of eligibility. I also think there should be a 1 week period where portal transfers are allowed and then closed the rest of the year, and it shouldn't be until February.

Getting kids into school for the spring semester is why you have a December signing day.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Gringo Bling] #8745690 11/29/22 11:21 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

QB Hudson Card
DB JD Coffey II
DB Jamier Johnson
WR Troy Omeire

As much as you post about Texas, you've got to be a Texas fan. wink

It's more than just those guys. Prince Dorbah, DJ Harris, as well. X is the main one to watch. He's a drama queen for sure. My son just sent me another one of his posts. He loves the attention. If you're not all in, GTFO.

I'm with you GB.....

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: BenBob] #8745693 11/29/22 11:23 PM
B
BradyBuck Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by BenBob
Originally Posted by jrgocards
Originally Posted by Jgraider
Collegiate athletic directors have to be the dumbest businessmen on the planet.

Agree on this statement. The portal is doing away with the rivalries in college sports. WHen OU lost their coach to USC last year, how many players did he take with him? This gutted OU and consequently it will be that much tougher for them to bounce back. Student-athletes need to make a commitment and be expected to honor that commitment. Some of these kids commit one day, de-commit the next, and then re-commit the next day. Decisions need to have consequences.

Coaches are allowed to move when they want to, why not the players??

JR

A grown man has earned the right to make choices and changes. I just do not believe college players should be able to hold programs hostage while they choose to or choose not to enter the portal. I would think programs that are down will lose considerably more players than winning programs, but I could be wrong. Just seems that young people have too many privileges that are given to them, but not earned.

These are grown men in the eyes of the law and you think these coaches “deserve” the right? Give me a break! Colleges for to long have made thousands of people millionaires off the back of the “student athlete”

It’s a free market and any 18 year old adult should be able to make their own decisions and make money off their own God given talent.

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: syncerus] #8745694 11/29/22 11:23 PM
F
fishdfly Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
How do you have a "team" and "camaraderie" if players are constantly leaving and how do you have a team of seniors if they leave to go to the pros?

It is about "me" now, not the team.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: BenBob] #8745753 11/30/22 12:42 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Agree on this statement. The portal is doing away with the rivalries in college sports. WHen OU lost their coach to USC last year, how many players did he take with him? This gutted OU and consequently it will be that much tougher for them to bounce back. Student-athletes need to make a commitment and be expected to honor that commitment. Some of these kids commit one day, de-commit the next, and then re-commit the next day. Decisions need to have consequences.

JR

A grown man has earned the right to make choices and changes. I just do not believe college players should be able to hold programs hostage while they choose to or choose not to enter the portal. I would think programs that are down will lose considerably more players than winning programs, but I could be wrong. Just seems that young people have too many privileges that are given to them, but not earned.

This is hilarious.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: BenBob] #8745765 11/30/22 12:51 AM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

JR

“Old man yells at sky”

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8745889 11/30/22 03:17 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
People recognize the rights of individuals and lose sight of the spectators.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8745913 11/30/22 03:57 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I think we should revere all these young men who realize signing a commitment letter means nothing. Accommodating the mistakes of young men has worked well in our criminal justice system. Somes want to allow the inmates to run the asylum.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8745925 11/30/22 04:39 AM
Roll-Tide Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
These players are allowed pretty much one transfer. Maybe another as a graduate transfer.

I don’t think it’s to much for a guy to go to a school for 3 years then transfer for his betterment.

Take Jahymr Gibbs. Pretty solid back at GT. Just wanted more. Transferred to Bama. Showcased his skills, probably will be a first round pick.

If you are a kid playing at Middle Tennessee and just really excel and wanna play in front of 100k people. Go for it.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8745935 11/30/22 05:17 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
These players are allowed pretty much one transfer. Maybe another as a graduate transfer.

I don’t think it’s to much for a guy to go to a school for 3 years then transfer for his betterment.

Take Jahymr Gibbs. Pretty solid back at GT. Just wanted more. Transferred to Bama. Showcased his skills, probably will be a first round pick.

If you are a kid playing at Middle Tennessee and just really excel and wanna play in front of 100k people. Go for it.

Is there a one transfer limit? I wasn't aware of that.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8745938 11/30/22 05:27 AM
Roll-Tide Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Pretty much. They can come in as freshman. Decide to hit portal for sophomore. Play immediately But then have to stay sophomore and junior.

They pretty much allow you to Immediately transfer and compete, one time, or you have to sit out a year before transferring again.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: nsmike] #8745940 11/30/22 05:30 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by nsmike
Originally Posted by DocHorton
I don't like the fact that players can play 4 games then sit out the rest of the year and transfer and maintain that year of eligibility. I also think there should be a 1 week period where portal transfers are allowed and then closed the rest of the year, and it shouldn't be until February.

Getting kids into school for the spring semester is why you have a December signing day.

I totally understand that for high school seniors who graduate early. I just don't think college players should be able to transfer in the middle of the season.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8745949 11/30/22 09:59 AM
R
redhaze Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
What happens to their accumulation of college credits? Wouldn't moving around delay their graduation with their "cohorts"?

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Roll-Tide] #8746000 11/30/22 01:25 PM
F
fishdfly Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Wonder how many actually graduate?

Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: redhaze] #8746307 11/30/22 06:59 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by redhaze
What happens to their accumulation of college credits? Wouldn't moving around delay their graduation with their "cohorts"?

For the most part, I do not think there will be a accumulation of college credits. I would bet that most would have the minimum number of credits to stay eligible. And their graduation will be delayed accordingly.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: College Football. Changes underway. [Re: Herbie Hancock] #8749683 12/04/22 07:44 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock

I thought I saw a random statement that Neon Deon Prime Time 21 was being courted by Colorado.

Well I was wrong.

He is off to boulder

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide