Texas Hunting Forum

College Football. Changes underway.

Posted By: Roll-Tide

College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 07:35 PM

With the top 4 pretty much set, unless some mass chaos. Lots of changes are starting to take shape.

Lot of portal announcements already out. I think you could build a good team with just portal guys.

Michigan’s beginning year starting QB Cade McNamara entered portal.

Auburn was set to hire Hugh Freeze, but getting lot of pushback on Freeze past. (Making an 8th grade girl change in front of him).

Texas A&M has fired their offensive coordinator. Darrell Dickey.

Wisconsin hired Luke Fickell.

Tulane coach went to GT.
Posted By: ralph

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 07:48 PM

I find the college coaching changes to be one of the most interesting aspects of the game.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 07:59 PM

These coaches make good money. The northwest coach makes over 5 million a year. I think they win 1 game.

Hiring Rhule saved Carolina like 30 million dollars.
Posted By: DocHorton

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 08:03 PM

I don't like the fact that players can play 4 games then sit out the rest of the year and transfer and maintain that year of eligibility. I also think there should be a 1 week period where portal transfers are allowed and then closed the rest of the year, and it shouldn't be until February.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 08:17 PM

uh

scapegoat?

Texas A&M has fired their offensive coordinator. Darrell Dickey.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 08:18 PM

I thought that was funny too. Jimbo calls the plays.
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I thought that was funny too. Jimbo calls the plays.

Clearly was the fall guy.
Posted By: BenBob

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by DocHorton
I don't like the fact that players can play 4 games then sit out the rest of the year and transfer and maintain that year of eligibility. I also think there should be a 1 week period where portal transfers are allowed and then closed the rest of the year, and it shouldn't be until February.

I would also like to see that colleges could sign no more than 3 players out of the portal per year.
Posted By: Jgraider

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 08:28 PM

Collegiate athletic directors have to be the dumbest businessmen on the planet.
Posted By: QuitShootinYoungBucks

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 08:31 PM

Big question is do OU & UT write checks and go to the SEC this fall?

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jgraider

Agree on this statement. The portal is doing away with the rivalries in college sports. WHen OU lost their coach to USC last year, how many players did he take with him? This gutted OU and consequently it will be that much tougher for them to bounce back. Student-athletes need to make a commitment and be expected to honor that commitment. Some of these kids commit one day, de-commit the next, and then re-commit the next day. Decisions need to have consequences.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 08:41 PM

Cade MacNamara makes sense. He won’t play next year at all and by then the next guy up might be better. Wonder where he lands?

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Cade MacNamara makes sense. He won’t play next year at all and by then the next guy up might be better. Wonder where he lands?

Early prediction is Iowa. The only problem I have is you should have to leave the conference.
I can see him going to Georgia. Stetson is 25 on his 3rd senior game.
Georgia was one of McNamara’s finalists a few years ago.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 09:37 PM

I have watched McNamara for years, I just don’t think he is going to be the answer for Georgia or any other top tier program.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 09:41 PM

I don’t know the extent of his knee injury. And if he can play day 1.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 09:46 PM

Portal is gonna be wild. Every player is now on a 1 year contract. Portal window is December 5th. Right before bowl season. If those kids are in the portal they can’t play or practice in a bowl. With opt outs, getting enough players may be tough for some teams.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 09:47 PM

Portal is gonna be wild. Every player is now on a 1 year contract. Portal window is December 5th. Right before bowl season. If those kids are in the portal they can’t play or practice in a bowl. With opt outs, getting enough players may be tough for some teams.

Wonder how many leave A&M?

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 09:53 PM

I don’t think A&M will have any more than anyone else. Better teams with depth will see the effects. There are some very good second string players on some teams. They wanna play.

Alabama had a tackle enter today. Damion George, he’s solid. Just has a freshman in front of him. Will be good for some team.

Portal is meant for immediate starters.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/28/22 10:14 PM

OU receiver Theo Wease in portal. He was a big time kid from
Allen high school.

LJ Johnson RB. Texas A&M in portal.

Ish Harris. LB. Texas A&M in portal.

Elijah Jeudy. DE. Texas A&M in portal. Not a big contributor. From up
North. May just go back

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 01:30 AM

Where can you go to see a full list of guys in the portal

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 02:27 AM

I don’t know a full list. I heard it’s like 3 thousand.
Posted By: jrgocards

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by BenBob

Agree on this statement. The portal is doing away with the rivalries in college sports. WHen OU lost their coach to USC last year, how many players did he take with him? This gutted OU and consequently it will be that much tougher for them to bounce back. Student-athletes need to make a commitment and be expected to honor that commitment. Some of these kids commit one day, de-commit the next, and then re-commit the next day. Decisions need to have consequences.

Coaches are allowed to move when they want to, why not the players??

JR

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by jrgocards

JR

A grown man has earned the right to make choices and changes. I just do not believe college players should be able to hold programs hostage while they choose to or choose not to enter the portal. I would think programs that are down will lose considerably more players than winning programs, but I could be wrong. Just seems that young people have too many privileges that are given to them, but not earned.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 04:49 PM

These coaches make good money. The northwest coach makes over 5 million a year. I think they win 1 game.

But they were tied with Ohio State at half (lost 7-21), just like Ohio State argues they were ahead of Michigan at the half. roflmao
Posted By: Espy

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 05:27 PM

Wait till Deion Sanders takes a different head coaching job. Gonna take Jackson’s state best players. Gonna hurt that team bad next year.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 06:12 PM

I think with the portal, a team like Florida State is very close to becoming dominant.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 07:45 PM

Hudson Card. Former top 40 recruit plans tom enter the portal. I think he goes to a good team. ND quarterback sucked last week. OU QB has sucked. Maybe go to TCU.

I would take him for 1 year at Bama.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Espy
Wait till Deion Sanders takes a different head coaching job. Gonna take Jackson’s state best players. Gonna hurt that team bad next year.

I don’t think he leaves until sons are done. He is having fun and has zero “School Management” issues that you have at the A&M’s and UT’s of the world

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 08:16 PM

Deion was waiting for Florida state to continue a downward spiral. But norvelle seems to be turning it around. Let me find norvells college pic

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 08:19 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Herbie Hancock

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

I don’t think he leaves until sons are done. He is having fun and has zero “School Management” issues that you have at the A&M’s and UT’s of the world

I thought I saw a random statement that Neon Deon Prime Time 21 was being courted by Colorado.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 10:07 PM

Multiple Texas players plan to enter the transfer portal (as of today):

QB Hudson Card
DB JD Coffey II
DB Jamier Johnson
WR Troy Omeire
Posted By: syncerus

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 10:38 PM

You can’t blame a healthy rat for abandoning a sinking ship. It doesn’t make sense to stay on board after the captain has driven into an iceberg.
Posted By: Gringo Bling

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 11:05 PM

QB Hudson Card
DB JD Coffey II
DB Jamier Johnson
WR Troy Omeire

As much as you post about Texas, you've got to be a Texas fan. wink

It's more than just those guys. Prince Dorbah, DJ Harris, as well. X is the main one to watch. He's a drama queen for sure. My son just sent me another one of his posts. He loves the attention. If you're not all in, GTFO.
Posted By: nsmike

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 11:08 PM

Getting kids into school for the spring semester is why you have a December signing day.
Posted By: S.A. hunter

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

QB Hudson Card
DB JD Coffey II
DB Jamier Johnson
WR Troy Omeire

As much as you post about Texas, you've got to be a Texas fan. wink

It's more than just those guys. Prince Dorbah, DJ Harris, as well. X is the main one to watch. He's a drama queen for sure. My son just sent me another one of his posts. He loves the attention. If you're not all in, GTFO.

I'm with you GB.....
Posted By: BradyBuck

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 11:23 PM

JR

A grown man has earned the right to make choices and changes. I just do not believe college players should be able to hold programs hostage while they choose to or choose not to enter the portal. I would think programs that are down will lose considerably more players than winning programs, but I could be wrong. Just seems that young people have too many privileges that are given to them, but not earned.

These are grown men in the eyes of the law and you think these coaches “deserve” the right? Give me a break! Colleges for to long have made thousands of people millionaires off the back of the “student athlete”

It’s a free market and any 18 year old adult should be able to make their own decisions and make money off their own God given talent.
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/29/22 11:23 PM

How do you have a "team" and "camaraderie" if players are constantly leaving and how do you have a team of seniors if they leave to go to the pros?

It is about "me" now, not the team.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/30/22 12:42 AM

JR

This is hilarious.
Posted By: ducknbass

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/30/22 12:51 AM

JR

“Old man yells at sky”
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/30/22 03:17 AM

People recognize the rights of individuals and lose sight of the spectators.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/30/22 03:57 AM

I think we should revere all these young men who realize signing a commitment letter means nothing. Accommodating the mistakes of young men has worked well in our criminal justice system. Somes want to allow the inmates to run the asylum.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/30/22 04:39 AM

These players are allowed pretty much one transfer. Maybe another as a graduate transfer.

I don’t think it’s to much for a guy to go to a school for 3 years then transfer for his betterment.

Take Jahymr Gibbs. Pretty solid back at GT. Just wanted more. Transferred to Bama. Showcased his skills, probably will be a first round pick.

If you are a kid playing at Middle Tennessee and just really excel and wanna play in front of 100k people. Go for it.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/30/22 05:17 AM

These players are allowed pretty much one transfer. Maybe another as a graduate transfer.

I don’t think it’s to much for a guy to go to a school for 3 years then transfer for his betterment.

Take Jahymr Gibbs. Pretty solid back at GT. Just wanted more. Transferred to Bama. Showcased his skills, probably will be a first round pick.

If you are a kid playing at Middle Tennessee and just really excel and wanna play in front of 100k people. Go for it.

Is there a one transfer limit? I wasn't aware of that.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/30/22 05:27 AM

Pretty much. They can come in as freshman. Decide to hit portal for sophomore. Play immediately But then have to stay sophomore and junior.

They pretty much allow you to Immediately transfer and compete, one time, or you have to sit out a year before transferring again.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/30/22 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by nsmike

Getting kids into school for the spring semester is why you have a December signing day.

I totally understand that for high school seniors who graduate early. I just don't think college players should be able to transfer in the middle of the season.
Posted By: redhaze

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/30/22 09:59 AM

What happens to their accumulation of college credits? Wouldn't moving around delay their graduation with their "cohorts"?
Posted By: fishdfly

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/30/22 01:25 PM

Wonder how many actually graduate?

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 11/30/22 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by redhaze
What happens to their accumulation of college credits? Wouldn't moving around delay their graduation with their "cohorts"?

For the most part, I do not think there will be a accumulation of college credits. I would bet that most would have the minimum number of credits to stay eligible. And their graduation will be delayed accordingly.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 12/04/22 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Herbie Hancock

I thought I saw a random statement that Neon Deon Prime Time 21 was being courted by Colorado.

Well I was wrong.

He is off to boulder

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 12/04/22 11:49 PM

He had a press conference and introduced his son as the Colorado QB. If I was a qb at Colorado I would start looking for a new team.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 12/04/22 11:53 PM

I think it’s interesting. He’s gonna raid the portal. Colorado about to make impact in PAC.
USC and UCLA leaving leaves it wide open.

Saw he took A&M defensive line coach. Who is embedded in DL recruiting.

Probably takes several Jackson State but players.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 12/04/22 11:58 PM

Maybe I’m over analyzing. But this kid just entered portal from Clemson. Played on Deion’s son high school team.

[Linked Image]

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 12/05/22 12:01 AM

I can see Colorado and Nebraska getting some major portal players if the boosters can come up with some NIL money.

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 12/05/22 02:09 AM

Maybe I’m over analyzing. But this kid just entered portal from Clemson. Played on Deion’s son high school team.

[Linked Image]

That whole high school was a college program. TCA cedar hill pretty much let the cat out of the back about what TAPPS has become

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 12/05/22 02:22 AM

Yes. My daughters school did some recruiting. But it blew up, they are back to being terrible. On a high note, Alabama great and Cowboy great George Teague is the athletic director.
Posted By: PappawRock

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 12/05/22 02:25 AM

Do the teams have salary caps?

Re: College Football. Changes underway. - 12/05/22 02:50 AM

Colleges have no salary cap. Strictly value of player and who wants to pay them.

Someone at usc paid Jordan Addison a boat load. He really didn’t produce Friday night.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum