Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Apple AirTag #8676947 08/30/22 01:17 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Buddy had his golf bag stolen on Saturday. What the POS thief didn't know was there was an Apple AirTag hidden away. He had it recovered within 2 hours. 4-pack at Amazon for $100. Money well spent IMO.

I WOULD IMAGINE THESE WOULD WORK GREAT FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT LEAVE CASED GUNS IN YOUR TRUCKS OR CARS.

Last edited by The Dude Abides; 08/30/22 02:22 PM.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: The Dude Abides] #8677017 08/30/22 02:04 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Is that some sort of gps tracker?

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: The Dude Abides] #8677024 08/30/22 02:12 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Small tracker, little larger than a quarter.

[Linked Image]

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: The Dude Abides] #8677073 08/30/22 03:06 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Better not to leave an unsecured firearm at all.

Where did he find golf bag?

To be determined
Re: Apple AirTag [Re: The Dude Abides] #8677087 08/30/22 03:19 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
If the POS has an iPhone their phone will notify them there is a tag near by tracking...the reason they did this was some guys were using them as a stalking tool. Read an article not long ago about a lady who randomly found one in her purse and had no clue who put it in there.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Apple AirTag [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8677096 08/30/22 03:29 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Better not to leave an unsecured firearm at all.

Where did he find golf bag?

I concur about unsecured firearms but you know the overall general consensus on the THF...it's been beat to death.

He lives in Scottsdale, AZ. About 20 minutes from course he was playing.

Last edited by The Dude Abides; 08/30/22 03:32 PM.

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: Judd] #8677097 08/30/22 03:30 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Judd
If the POS has an iPhone their phone will notify them there is a tag near by tracking...the reason they did this was some guys were using them as a stalking tool. Read an article not long ago about a lady who randomly found one in her purse and had no clue who put it in there.

I put one my youngest at Disney, worked great. More worries about her getting lost in crowds then stolen but nonetheless. Down side is needs other apple devices around for location

[Linked Image]

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Apple AirTag [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8677109 08/30/22 03:52 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

I put one my youngest at Disney, worked great. More worries about her getting lost in crowds then stolen but nonetheless. Down side is needs other apple devices around for location

[Linked Image]

Wow, thats a great idea. I have some Airtags but had only been using them when traveling to throw into luggage. These days with traffickers it only takes a few seconds of you turning your head or looking down at your phone.

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: The Dude Abides] #8677110 08/30/22 03:53 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Maybe I should attach them to my catalytic converters grin

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: Judd] #8677126 08/30/22 04:08 PM
F
flashman252 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F

I read this too. So I was wondering if this would really be a good thing because if the thief has an iphone, wouldn't it alert them it was in the area or on the thing they just stole? They could just find it and ditch it and then your stuff is still their stuff.

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: The Dude Abides] #8677130 08/30/22 04:13 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
not a fan. too much room for abuse.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Apple AirTag [Re: Judd] #8677131 08/30/22 04:13 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

So my wife just tested this. My AirTag in her purse. She did not get any alert on her iPhone. How does this alert her she's being tracked?

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: The Dude Abides] #8677138 08/30/22 04:21 PM
F
flashman252 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Ya I dont understand these little things but I knew they had issues with people being stalker on celebrities. So I thought apple made it where it could be detected by other devices which defeated the purpose of not informing thieves there was one present if they had an Iphone. I haven't done hardly any research into them but that is what I understood after criminals started abusing them so that was it for me.

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: The Dude Abides] #8677160 08/30/22 04:50 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: The Dude Abides] #8677163 08/30/22 04:52 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides

So my wife just tested this. My AirTag in her purse. She did not get any alert on her iPhone. How does this alert her she's being tracked?

It’s not immediately, takes 10 minutes plus.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8677176 08/30/22 05:06 PM
B
BigPig Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B

[Linked Image]

It’s only a matter of time before the elderly have these for when they wander off

Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Frontline Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
Up to 1% for closing costs for First Responders & Veterans
Proudly partnered with Assist The Officer Foundation https://atodallas.org/
Re: Apple AirTag [Re: Judd] #8677179 08/30/22 05:11 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Some Romans 1:30 coming to fruition there.

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: The Dude Abides] #8677187 08/30/22 05:17 PM
F
flashman252 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
I am so dumb when it comes to this stuff. So read the article, and if you have airpods and it detects a tag that is near you, it will say detected some unwanted device. Also the iphone will alert you of this undetected device supposedly if its near you or if you are being tracked. So again, I guess that kind of sucks if the thief has an iphone or an apple product, it should detect them that there is an air tag and they will just ditch it and still run off with your stuff.

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: The Dude Abides] #8677215 08/30/22 05:45 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
The US DoJ is prepping to file an anti-trust against Apple [regarding AirTags].

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Apple AirTag [Re: flashman252] #8677216 08/30/22 05:46 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by flashman252
I am so dumb when it comes to this stuff. So read the article, and if you have airpods and it detects a tag that is near you, it will say detected some unwanted device. Also the iphone will alert you of this undetected device supposedly if its near you or if you are being tracked. So again, I guess that kind of sucks if the thief has an iphone or an apple product, it should detect them that there is an air tag and they will just ditch it and still run off with your stuff.

That's the way I read it too however my wife has had it in her purse for about 30 min and she has yet to get any message on her iPhone. She's very tech savvy too.

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: The Dude Abides] #8677218 08/30/22 05:48 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

That's the way I read it too however my wife has had it in her purse for about 30 min and she has yet to get any message on her iPhone. She's very tech savvy too.

Take your phone out of range of it or turn phone off and see if she picks it up.

I connected my kids to my phone. When they got out of range it would alert me, and then wife would get a pop up about them when she was with the kids and me away

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8677222 08/30/22 05:51 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

Take your phone out of range of it and see if she pics it up.

I connected my kids to my phone. When they got out of range it would alert me, and then wife would get a pop up about them when she was with the kids and me away

I'm 200 miles from her.

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: The Dude Abides] #8677223 08/30/22 05:52 PM
T
txwildcat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
As with everything some will find a way to abuse. After by Daughter/SIL had one of their dogs escape through the fence (we thought it was gone as we looked for hours), they added the air tags to the dogs collars and does a good job tracking them.

Of course, this wont stop the crooks as they'll just remove the collar/tag.

Re: Apple AirTag [Re: txwildcat] #8677265 08/30/22 06:30 PM
F
flashman252 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
F
Originally Posted by txwildcat
As with everything some will find a way to abuse. After by Daughter/SIL had one of their dogs escape through the fence (we thought it was gone as we looked for hours), they added the air tags to the dogs collars and does a good job tracking them.

Of course, this wont stop the crooks as they'll just remove the collar/tag.

But what we are trying to figure out is if the dog didnt want to be tracked. So what apple is saying they have done is that if an airtag comes into contact with another apple device that is not known, it will let the apple user know. What we are trying to figure out is how not to be tracked by one of these devices since they were abused. According to The DUDE, his wife has had his air tag in her purse for 30 minutes and she isn't being alerted. This means people still can track you if you do not want to be tracked which is kind of scary as well.

In some ways then it might be worth our while to keep with our belongings, but in some ways it is also scary in the wrong hands if people are tracking you and you have no idea it is happening.

Last edited by flashman252; 08/30/22 06:35 PM.
Re: Apple AirTag [Re: The Dude Abides] #8677308 08/30/22 07:17 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
They are so easy to defeat with an iPhone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide