Print Thread
TPW SP Hunts 2022/2023 season #8579104 04/15/22 04:39 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Anybody know when the SP Draw Hunts schedule for next season will be released? I'd like to get ahead of the curve and use the advance time to go see what the various SP's look like and offer, that I've never been to.
At my late 70's age I'm "burning daylight" to wait to the last minute before deciding on where to put in for or not. I got a big time ear thump when I came down with Shingles 4 weeks ago and still cannot walk unaided most days. I've come to believe that The Man In Charge is whispering to me to make the most of my remaining time.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: TPW SP Hunts 2022/2023 season [Re: WileyCoyote] #8579135 04/15/22 05:50 PM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
Hey Ron they usually come out in July.

Re: TPW SP Hunts 2022/2023 season [Re: WileyCoyote] #8579152 04/15/22 06:17 PM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
Last year they went up on July 1. Just checked my files.

Re: TPW SP Hunts 2022/2023 season [Re: WileyCoyote] #8579184 04/15/22 07:16 PM
B
Blank Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
They don't usually change very much, so you can just look at last years catalog for the hunts, dates and areas. I do like to spend a lot of time reviewing the harvest statistics for each hunt, as their "success" rates are often misleading, because they include non-target species such as hogs or coyotes in the ratio, or lots of does on hunts you would want for bucks. Good luck.

Beer and whiskey, 'cause you can't drink bacon!!
Re: TPW SP Hunts 2022/2023 season [Re: WileyCoyote] #8579186 04/15/22 07:16 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Mr Erny, thanks for the insight. I know that putting in for the Lottery Hunt's at $3 a pop is not a particularly winning formula for success ...but Ain't nobody standing in line to offer me anything but thanks for the donation most places it seems like. I'm even planning on putting in for a place I swore I'd never set foot on again ....Reports from recent Tag Winners are EVERYTHING about it is NOW what it is 'posed to be.

I also want to try for a couple of the newer SP's ... and fill up the freezer's for sure....mebbe even meet and greet some of the names I've seen on here.

Got another ?? for anyone who lives around Boerne. PM me if you know some of the Independent Insurance Adjusters down there. I'm looking to get in touch with a guy who's initials are JB. He introduced me to the Lake Tawakoni Bass Club guys, and Lake Texoma sand bass fishing back when there was not a Daily Limit on either side of the lake ,fishing out of a 14' stick steering bath tub bass boat....lots of adventures doesn't cover how'n H*** we survived.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 04/15/22 07:30 PM. Reason: clarity

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

Re: TPW SP Hunts 2022/2023 season [Re: WileyCoyote] #8602045 05/21/22 01:58 AM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Sweet Jesus my shingles bloody spots on my right foot and up my right leg to my groin have about disappeared in response to the Meds my GP has ordered...still got pain problems that the MRI last week ID'd where the shingles had penetrated the torn or busted stuff in my back and right knee & leg ...LOL my GP sez on his 1st exam's XRays that I've got a piece of bone missing out of a hip @ the joint somehow...ummm gotta be from one the way too many car wrecks I was able to walk away from over the years of playing Road Warrior.

Going to try and get into a Rccd Doc in Tyler to see if I need any advanced mojo table time to fix things like the couple vertabrae that are missing pieces of cartalige.
Today was the 1st day since 1st week of March I have not had to use my walker to maintain any balance. Progress is finally coming into sight.

Go Get A Shingles Shot if you've had Chicken Pox. This is NOT FUN. I Garrrr'untee.... and like the Real Man's Pill ad on TeeVee sez...your wife will like it too. Mine is tired of waiting on me hand and foot, while waiting to see if she has to call somebody to come pick me up off the floor again.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 05/21/22 02:14 AM. Reason: Clarity

Re: TPW SP Hunts 2022/2023 season [Re: WileyCoyote] #8602124 05/21/22 05:07 AM
S
Scoutdog Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Hunts in the state parks are approved in a TPW Commission meeting. They will be voting on them in the upcoming meeting on May 26. You can see the proposed dates and type of hunts at each park in the attached link.

Agenda Item 2

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Re: TPW SP Hunts 2022/2023 season [Re: Scoutdog] #8604164 05/24/22 06:02 PM
S
salth2o Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted by Scoutdog
Hunts in the state parks are approved in a TPW Commission meeting. They will be voting on them in the upcoming meeting on May 26. You can see the proposed dates and type of hunts at each park in the attached link.

Agenda Item 2

Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Re: TPW SP Hunts 2022/2023 season [Re: Scoutdog] #8607217 05/28/22 09:35 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Thank you very much for that info. Possibly the only hunts I will be able to access this season would be late Fall or early Spring, so I at least have a shot at scoring late season TPW hunts.

The MRI's reading of my spine and associated bony structure's by my GP sucked, but verified the Shingles infection issues were Finally all gone, and only the old bone & spine damage issues that were attacked by the shingles infection are left to be addressed.

I am learning how to drive again, only having to use both feet on both the brake & gas pedals independently of each other...been about 70 years since I used both feet instead like I did with a '49 Ford & flathead V8 with a clutch, brake & gas pedal. PTL I am off the 100% necessity of using the Walker for support , but still look like a child's weeble/woble toy when I try and walk with out any artificial support.

So any outdoor activity will have to be postponed into late in the Fall/early Spring at best anyway depending on what all the Doc in Tyler who's supposed to do some re routing of nerve trunks & other incidental repair work yadda yadda that shingles had damaged in my back & spine sometime next month.
Ron

Last edited by WileyCoyote; 05/28/22 10:02 PM. Reason: clarity

Re: TPW SP Hunts 2022/2023 season [Re: WileyCoyote] #8617820 06/11/22 05:42 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
I start the multi step rehab program next week, starting with manual manipulation of the affected areas here in Dogwood Country at the Mother Francis location, then into Tyler and see if I need how much surgery to "cleanup" the affected area's, and any further surgical rehab scheduled. The MRI opened the door to what needs to be addressed first. My best friend from 3 generation's of our family's has been here and done this using Dr Charles Gordon & his therapist James at Precision Spine for my issues....and returned to a Normal life style, playing with his remaining half dozen sports cars. I keep razzzing him to put my name on the fully restored 1966 Jag XKE in his Will 'cause I'm gonna outlive him yet.... Too many tales to tell of our OMG adventures but nobody around us got killed ...still doan't know how on more than a few "adventures"... Umm like how we put out a burning carpet from my 1952 Lemans XK 120 on the shoulder of the road just before you start downhill on West Bound I-30 at the lake....we used lots of "used" liquid refreshment while standing in a circle hoping the POPO's would not confiscate the refreshment....

My history of a dozen or more surgeries of all kinds prove that this is Not gonna be fun ....but at least I've seen the future if I don't get this stuff addressed correctly and sooner than later. I turn 78 in early September and refuse to sit in a wheelchair the rest of my life and watch the world go by without me being able to participate.
Ron

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide