Print Thread
what outfitter are you hunting with this year?? #8555587 03/13/22 09:46 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Not sure who I will book with this year or what I'll hunt. Bucket list is Nilgai, Nice whitetail and/or Axis. I've hunted with a lot of outfitters on here and would only recommend 3.

Who are you booking with, what game are you hunting?

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: what outfitter are you hunting with this year?? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8555596 03/13/22 09:57 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Under normal circumstances I would participate, but with the way the internet has ruined so many good opportunities, I'm going to have to decline to state what outfitters I'm hunting with, where they are located and what game I'm going after.

People being loose lipped on the Web is one of the reasons I'm having to use an outfitter at all in many cases

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: what outfitter are you hunting with this year?? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8555798 03/14/22 01:32 AM
S
StraitShot Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Hey Buzzsaw,

I'm looking at Pronghorn, Axis and Aoudad with Aoudad and Pronghorn being the top two. I've been compiling a list of outfitters mostly based on this site and would be very interested in your thoughts via PM. I'm not experienced with Outfitters as most of my hunting has been through Texas Draw Hunts. I got two very nice Mule Deer from the top of Elephant Mountain a couple of years ago and some nice Turkey fans as well all on draw hunts. Looking to add to the collection.

Re: what outfitter are you hunting with this year?? [Re: txtrophy85] #8555915 03/14/22 04:11 AM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Under normal circumstances I would participate, but with the way the internet has ruined so many good opportunities, I'm going to have to decline to state what outfitters I'm hunting with, where they are located and what game I'm going after.

People being loose lipped on the Web is one of the reasons I'm having to use an outfitter at all in many cases

It is getting pretty bad these days, everyone wants to be an outfitter. Can be a bunch of rip-offs. Ruin it for the legit outfitters

Last edited by Buzzsaw; 03/14/22 04:12 AM.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: what outfitter are you hunting with this year?? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8555931 03/14/22 05:09 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

It is getting pretty bad these days, everyone wants to be an outfitter. Can be a bunch of rip-offs. Ruin it for the legit outfitters

Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

Lots of good outfitters and some bad ones as well. Internet is good source but hunting trade shows are also as well as chamber of commerce listings.

Re: what outfitter are you hunting with this year?? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8556197 03/14/22 04:29 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Has someone "poached" a trip with an outfitter out from under you txtrophy? Your post makes no sense but I'm guessing I'm missing something.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: what outfitter are you hunting with this year?? [Re: txtrophy85] #8556219 03/14/22 04:59 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
A

Just like most people would not post their coordinates or natural markers of their honeyhole fishing spot. But most will still help out a fellow hunter in private conversations and recoomendations. There are many very good outfitters that do no advertising and have waiting lists due to repeat clients and this is what I believe txtrophy85 is referring to as these days the information highway is just allowing others to get to the prize easier and quicker and lessens the opportunity and availability.

I long to go to Africa before it too fades away, but world affairs and travel for this anglo is making me pause...

Last edited by Always ready 2 hunt; 03/14/22 05:01 PM.
Re: what outfitter are you hunting with this year?? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8556296 03/14/22 06:45 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I am really hopeful for a Mulie Mike aoudad hunt near Van Horn

Re: what outfitter are you hunting with this year?? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8556356 03/14/22 08:02 PM
S
Stompy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I've been trying for years to find an outfitter that has a decent opportunity for a 150"+ whitetail, low fence. But have been unsuccessful. I love hunting my ranch but sometimes just want to see some different country, a little adventure.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: what outfitter are you hunting with this year?? [Re: Stompy] #8556407 03/14/22 08:55 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Stompy
I've been trying for years to find an outfitter that has a decent opportunity for a 150"+ whitetail, low fence. But have been unsuccessful. I love hunting my ranch but sometimes just want to see some different country, a little adventure.

https://flyingbranches.com/hunting/

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: what outfitter are you hunting with this year?? [Re: Buzzsaw] #8556511 03/15/22 12:04 AM
Q
QMC SW/EXW Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Q
Same as always: NONE

Retired Navy Chief
NJROTC Instructor for Tascosa High School
Re: what outfitter are you hunting with this year?? [Re: Stompy] #8556604 03/15/22 01:52 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Stompy

I’ve got that. Pm me

Re: what outfitter are you hunting with this year?? [Re: Always ready 2 hunt] #8556646 03/15/22 02:53 AM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Always ready 2 hunt

Just like most people would not post their coordinates or natural markers of their honeyhole fishing spot. But most will still help out a fellow hunter in private conversations and recoomendations. There are many very good outfitters that do no advertising and have waiting lists due to repeat clients and this is what I believe txtrophy85 is referring to as these days the information highway is just allowing others to get to the prize easier and quicker and lessens the opportunity and availability.

I long to go to Africa before it too fades away, but world affairs and travel for this anglo is making me pause...

You need to go to Africa.

We hunted with Numzaan safaris in Limpopo for 10 days and had an absolute blast. Would 100% recommend them

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide