Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8538002 02/22/22 02:52 PM
F
fishdfly Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
I remember when folks wore shoes that needed polishing.

Re: Human vultures [Re: Sewer rat] #8538017 02/22/22 03:02 PM
J
Jimbo1 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Sewer rat
My parents are both gone and I am an only child. Dad passed eight years ago but mom died in 2020. On one hand I am glad I didn’t have to deal with anyone going crazy wanting stuff but it wasn’t easy doing everything by myself. By that I mean there were a ton of decisions to be made and it would have been nice to have some help.

Dad talked often about me and him going in together and buying a small ranch to hunt on. I started my business a few years before his death and really wasn’t in the position to buy one at the time. I bought a small place with the proceeds from their house. Seeming like a fitting thing to do. I haven’t touched a penny of the rest of the inheritance.

My mom passed a few years ago and had a little $ in a Roth account. Just my sister and I and neither felt good about taking it. She left it up to me, so I decided to split it among her 3 grandkids. I think she would have approved.

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8538245 02/22/22 07:26 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I am like the brothers in Secondhand Lion. The kid gets it all.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8538398 02/22/22 10:54 PM
O
Ox190 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
O
I was my moms only child, she passed 11/29/21. I can tell you now I feel extremely lucky I didn't have to deal with any of this kind of stuff, because in the state of mind I was in after her passing it would not have ended well for anyone trying to take something they weren't entitled to.

I have a very good friend who had an experience talked about here. His father had a fairly new wife 3rd or 4th, I can't remember, he was diagnosed with cancer and passed fairly quickly. When they went to read the will, he had amended it just a few months before his death giving this new wife half of his estate (not something he would have done). In going through his fathers things my friend found a hand written letter from the wife telling his dad if he didn't amend his will, she'd leave him and he could die alone. In some ways I'm kind of surprised his dad didn't tell him or at the very least tell her to kick rocks. After a long court battle they managed to get it down to 1/3rd instead of half, but I'm sure the legal battle wasn't cheap. That woman is the scum of the earth as far as I'm concerned.

"There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre." Louis L'Amour
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8538404 02/22/22 11:01 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
The last chapter of The Vagina Rules discusses taking care of older men and getting something for it.

Re: Human vultures [Re: Hudbone] #8538406 02/22/22 11:04 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Hudbone
The last chapter of The Vagina Rules discusses taking care of older men and getting something for it.

ok "fancy"

[Linked Image]
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8538414 02/22/22 11:13 PM
Creekrunner Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
One of the huge lessons I've learned, hearing and experiencing the stories of some of the men I've known that have passed over the years, is that you can really screw up your children's inheritance by a., getting lonely, and b., not handling your "companion/aka 'Lady Friend"" properly." The ranch I'm sitting on, the kids had to buy the barfly a lot and trailer in town to make her go away. I'm a few years younger than my wife. I worry about these things. No one is gonna...mess...with my kids inheritance. I struggle with this. Maybe He'll take me first. up

Last edited by Creekrunner; 02/22/22 11:14 PM.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8538469 02/23/22 12:13 AM
B
bassfishinglawyer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Bummed that my parents didn’t have much to leave. But not having a sibling to fight over it more than made up for it. I’d take no dollars vs family drama any day. Seen it at its worst.

Re: Human vultures [Re: Hudbone] #8538477 02/23/22 12:17 AM
A
angus1956 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
A

There has been empires crumbled and fortunes lost over that stuff.

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8538478 02/23/22 12:18 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
A friend of mines dad was a family law attorney

He met a much younger woman late in life and married her but had her sign a pre nup

He said after his dad died and when the dust settled, it was still much cheaper to give the younger step mom some land and make her go away

I know this estate was worth several million and she could have held up everything for years

It was really a sad deal when he told me all the details

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8538525 02/23/22 01:40 AM
topwater13 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
As stated, death and air travel brings out the worst in people. I’ve known multiple “men” that have made a living off family members dying. No count if you ask me.

Re: Human vultures [Re: Tin Head] #8538654 02/23/22 04:43 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Tin Head

ok "fancy"

It was her one chance, she couldn’t let her down

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8538661 02/23/22 04:57 AM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
If I die my wife gets everything right off the bat with the exception of a few guns who will go to ( hopefully ) surviving friends. She can divvy up anything after that to who she sees fit. All I ask is that my mounts don’t end up in some sh**** restaurant like Texas Roadhouse.

In the event we meet our demise together, we have everything set up in a trust with an executor to determine proper dispersal of funds and property. Naturally, this will have to be amended over time, as situations, attitudes and the like can change, but hopefully this will discourage much bickering and fighting.

My dad passed several years back and we split what he little he had pretty equally between me and my sister…that side of the family is very level headed and logic and common sense out-rule emotion.

If something happened to my Mom, I’m torn between giving everything to my sister just so I won’t have to deal with it or taking my portion as compensation for pain and suffering.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8538672 02/23/22 06:02 AM
Greg Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
My wife’s cousin, her husband, and their two kids were all killed when an underaged drunk driver blew through a red light at over 100 mph. It obviously made the news in their small town. That’s where some of these “human vultures” decided to break into their house and take everything of value. Totally ransacked the place. bang

Re: Human vultures [Re: Greg] #8538692 02/23/22 11:27 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Greg
My wife’s cousin, her husband, and their two kids were all killed when an underaged drunk driver blew through a red light at over 100 mph. It obviously made the news in their small town. That’s where some of these “human vultures” decided to break into their house and take everything of value. Totally ransacked the place. bang

Not sure which is worse when family steals from one another, or Scum that is not even related does what Greg mentioned above?

texas flag

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8538707 02/23/22 12:11 PM
Y
yotehater Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Y
When one of my brother in laws died, my wife was having his will prepared by his attorney, but out of the blue a new will appeared from his "friends". They just thought he had died without a will. So after years of lawsuits and collecting his cars and what possessions were left, the vagrants disappeared. So did all of his guns, tools, and everything else of value but the bare land. They tried to get that too under Texas squatter law. I remember reclaiming his almost new Grand Marquis after the court order and the "friend" asked if he could remove "his" lawn mower and tools from the trunk. He was out mowing lawns from it. The other car was stolen by another friend both being driven uninsured and registered to the dead guy. Who do you think would be responsible? Oh he lets me use it....really?

One shot is all it should take.
Re: Human vultures [Re: Greg] #8538721 02/23/22 12:37 PM
Creekrunner Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Greg

That's sub-human stuff right there. 'Very sad the level that some can sink to.

The FIL's service is still several days away (scheduling for some grandsons), but I've thought several times that someone should sit at the house that day to deter "obituary bandits". All of his "buddies", everyone knew he was crazy about guns, the house is just a few blocks away from the true west side of San Antonio, and it's not what you'd call "secure". I have accepted the fact that something or things are bound to disappear. I just don't want the MIL to get upset.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8538826 02/23/22 02:15 PM
R
RLoving1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
When my dad checks out there is to be no services, no public notifications, no hoopla. Let him set the required 48 hours and slide him in oven (prepaid and inexpensive version), Go pick up the shoe box when cooled and ready for pick up and catch good wind and it's done. That is what he desires providing step mom and others don't decide to post all over social media! I will load up the ashes and haul him to the ranch and let grand kids that never have time to come see him enjoy his company one last time, probate will as he has wrote down and let life go on. Vultures show up thinking there is classic pre 64 model 70 in their future they are going to be disappointed, if it ain't documented you outa luck.

Brayden (Lazy L's Southern Comfort) you will be missed! You were more than a pet you were my reason to rise and return for many days! You were my rock!
12/26/03-10/25/13
Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8538831 02/23/22 02:16 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
My Father In Law died years ago. He was a member of a church and had pledged to give a certain amount of money to the church that year. Well he passes away and the preacher of the church approached my Mother in Law and wanted to make sure that she would honor what he had pledged. After that church meant a lot less to me. They were more interested in money than comforting and saving souls.

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8538930 02/23/22 04:07 PM
R
RGLass Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Years ago, I attended a Lutheran church in Fredericksburg. The senior pastor was found to be visiting recently widowed women and talking them into signing their ranches over to him. He was also over reporting his pay to the synod to pad his retirement account. So, he was not punished and just sent down the road to another victim church. He’s still a pastor in Texas. Hot corner in Hell awaiting him!

Re: Human vultures [Re: Creekrunner] #8539070 02/23/22 06:53 PM
J
jmac24 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Here is a good one from back in the early 80's...My mom only had one sibling, a sister. My grandfather was a doctor who did well in Missouri. So obviously when my grandmother passed away, he married one of his nurses!! they were married a few years and my grandfather passed away. Multi million dollar estate. My mother and her sister never even got to go and get anything from their childhood, the second wife got everything and when she died a few in the 90's she left everything to her brother. Mom never really said a word about it.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide