Re: Hands Free Driving [Re: Poppa] #8536699 02/21/22 02:13 AM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by Poppa
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Originally Posted by freerange
What does adaptive cruise control do?

When you have a slower vehicle in front of you, it slows down the cruising speed and keeps whatever distance you have set away from the vehicle in front of you. When the vehicle changes lanes or you change lanes to go around it, you go back to the crusing speed you have set. No hitting the brakes and having to reset the cruise control. Only drawback I have seen is when you are on cruise control at say 78 and someone in front of you is going 60, when they clear your path, it's like you hit the pedal to the floor. I think the speeding up to get back to your cruise control setting could be more gradual, but my only experience has been with Chevrolet adaptive cruise control. Others may be different.

why not just pay attention and pass the car doing almost 20mph slower than you rather than slowing down? sounds like sheep or cattle going to get a drink. maybe ride the bus or uber.

Adaptive cruise and lane keep assist are meant to save your [censored] on long trips if you fall asleep. With regular cruise control, you fall asleep and the car would just keep going, even if there is a semi truck stopping in front of you. Likewise lane keep assist is meant to keep you from changing lanes if you fall asleep. These are safety features, not meant to replace you actually driving the car.

Re: Hands Free Driving [Re: Paluxy] #8537109 02/21/22 02:52 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
bang i had troubles adjusting whin they moved
the dim switch ta the stirrimg colum from the floor...
& still seldom use the cruise control...

confused2 ya cruising along & for some reason yhe speed limit changes..

Cruise control aint gonna get the ticket...

Several that work with, whin get off work...
Few minutes before, they stand by window,
click button, & car starts...
cheers they walk out ya a warm truck, car...
By time i finish me 22 mile drive,
rofl mines just startong ta warm up...

cheers makes life simpler..

Seen on tv comercial, trucks deliver ta stores ,no drivers...
Planes automatic pilots...

Waited 16 years for a drivers licence
Not ready ta give em up yet...
flag

i'm postaddic
Re: Hands Free Driving [Re: Paluxy] #8538466 02/23/22 12:09 AM
P
pop r Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
Does this mean no more DWI'S? Just send the tickets to ford. LOL!

Re: Hands Free Driving [Re: Poppa] #8538471 02/23/22 12:14 AM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L

When you have a slower vehicle in front of you, it slows down the cruising speed and keeps whatever distance you have set away from the vehicle in front of you. When the vehicle changes lanes or you change lanes to go around it, you go back to the crusing speed you have set. No hitting the brakes and having to reset the cruise control. Only drawback I have seen is when you are on cruise control at say 78 and someone in front of you is going 60, when they clear your path, it's like you hit the pedal to the floor. I think the speeding up to get back to your cruise control setting could be more gradual, but my only experience has been with Chevrolet adaptive cruise control. Others may be different.

why not just pay attention and pass the car doing almost 20mph slower than you rather than slowing down? sounds like sheep or cattle going to get a drink. maybe ride the bus or uber.

Because sometimes your friendly trucker decides to pull in front of you so he can mosey on by another friendly trucker...and passing them in that situation isn't always an option. Sometimes you're just freaking stuck.

Re: Hands Free Driving [Re: Paluxy] #8538885 02/23/22 03:17 PM
J
Jamoke Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
I just have one question. Can you send the vehicle to pick up your wife at the airport, and then have it bring her home?

Re: Hands Free Driving [Re: LoneStarSon] #8539211 02/23/22 10:51 PM
P
Poppa Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

Because sometimes your friendly trucker decides to pull in front of you so he can mosey on by another friendly trucker...and passing them in that situation isn't always an option. Sometimes you're just freaking stuck.

like i said "pay attention"

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide